• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
BASE Jumper sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard, not even going to craft that shit.

Turn on crits on New Jank City.
I want random Air Strike crits so bad. It's unfortunate that it would be difficult to pull off actual kritz crits with it because you would need a situation where a medic can stand on a tower and the soldier can rocket jump next to it and fire, precisely timed.

Proven

So, fun facts about the BASE Jumper that I'm curious about.

1. You can cancel and redeploy it as often as you like while in the air. Considering how powerful this fact can be, I wonder if it'll get altered in any way.

2. Using the parachute while on fire keeps your altitude stable. Essentially, you become a hot air balloon. So, double counter against Pyros (first counter being that they stay up in the air away from you longer) unless they can hit their reflects or air blasts.

In other news, a kritz sticky exploded as soon as possible and not 100% accurate will not kill a full health Medic. 6s TF2 is in a tizzy for multiple reasons from of the sticky launcher nerf and have my sympathies.

BASE Jumper sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard, not even going to craft that shit.

I saw you in tf2 and thought End Times had come.

They did. FOR YOU. And whichever team you happened to be on.
Yay! Borgnine is back! Even when he posts something that makes me want to dry heave it's great to see him around.
TF2 is Ded
Edit: beaten...I'm always slow on these lol.

I still don't know how to Conga, someone help T_T
It's ok. The only thing I'm not usually slow on is TF2 things.

Alienups

In other news, a kritz sticky exploded as soon as possible and not 100% accurate will not kill a full health Medic. 6s TF2 is in a tizzy for multiple reasons from of the sticky launcher nerf and have my sympathies.

Even a 100% accurate one won't kill a medic iirc.

TFTrue has been updated to include an option to get back the old stickies but we'll see where it goes. Might improve the meta in some way etc.

Epsilon is about to play their first official after the sticky nerf, should be interesting.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamfortresstv

Spaceb0y

Neo Member

Dammit, I may have to change the server name now. That one is pretty sweet.

Also, we took a poll a while back, and the vote for was crits being off. Sorry! Maybe I'll get bored and turn them on for the weekend. Extra crit damage against Conga lines.

Oh who am I kidding, the server came alive last night, but Steam Summer sale will kill it again. Thanks Valve!

Proven

TFTrue has been updated to include an option to get back the old stickies but we'll see where it goes. Might improve the meta in some way etc.

Epsilon is about to play their first official after the sticky nerf, should be interesting.

Thanks. I'm just finishing the VOD from last night's ESEA Open Grand Finals. It's interesting, as without a new decided upon strategy the teams are forced to go 100% into an old strat until more things are figured out. But the Demos are forced to experiment, and mostly lean towards leaving traps and at times even using their teammates to help lure. http://www.twitch.tv/extvesports/b/539817629

Heavies for days! This nerf almost makes me want to give up TF2 and pick up dota. I don't think I can handle the shame of being a pyro main.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks. I'm just finishing the VOD from last night's ESEA Open Grand Finals. It's interesting, as without a new decided upon strategy the teams are forced to go 100% into an old strat until more things are figured out. But the Demos are forced to experiment, and mostly lean towards leaving traps and at times even using their teammates to help lure. http://www.twitch.tv/extvesports/b/539817629
Experimenting? New strategies? Madness, I tell you!

neoxdonut

I haven't played TF2 in a few months, the game tried to update and it's just stuck at 600MB.

I tried to pause it then resume the download but it just stops. Is there a way to fix this?

that parachute is terrible. i just stand around and watch sollies float from one side of the map to the other. that said, headshotting them is now easier soooo i'm torn.

"You received a new item"
I got a catapult gift item while idling it seems.

Unwrapped a festive stock pill pusher for my Demoman. Niiiice :)

So I finally returned to this game after a year or so of absence thanks to the amazing Expiration Date video that spurred me to hop back in. This was my first experience after such a long time away.

What happened?

We were all blessed with the art of Conga and no longer are savage and uncoordinated heathens.

I think I'm out. I spent the last hour trying to find a server with people actually PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME. Plus they nerfed the character I put 98% of my time into.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'm out. I spent the last hour trying to find a server with people actually PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME. Plus they nerfed the character I put 98% of my time into.
I don't know if you mean heavy or demo, but I think nerfing heavies was a fair price to nerf stickies. I'm hoping competitive players don't just decide to change the stickies back but keep the heavy nerfs, since that's a bit self-serving. :p

I didn't think the axetinguisher needed nerfed since poor pyros need love, but maybe they can still get by on their flamethrower for now.

Proven

The Axetinguisher nerf bug me because it's one of those things that feels like it's done to make all the alternatives feel better. It indirectly buffs all the other melee options and also indirectly nerfs the Degreaser. At the very least, it's still good, but now a lot less safe to use with the Degreaser.

You mean they're not playing the game?

I don't know iof you mean heavy or demo, but I think nerfing heavies was a fair price to nerf stickies. I'm hoping competitive players don't just decide to change the stickies back but keep the heavy nerfs, since that's a bit self-serving. :p

Pretty sure whoever maintains the competitive item whitelists has never been anything but self-serving.

I don't know if you mean heavy or demo, but I think nerfing heavies was a fair price to nerf stickies. I'm hoping competitive players don't just decide to change the stickies back but keep the heavy nerfs, since that's a bit self-serving. :p

I didn't think the axetinguisher needed nerfed since poor pyros need love, but maybe they can still get by on their flamethrower for now.

Heavy player, so I'm not a fan of nerfing him.

You mean they're not playing the game?

That's exactly what I mean. Spent an hour going from server to server, with people just standing around BSing not playing. Another server was a payload map, where people flipped the fuck out on me for MOVING THE PAYLOAD. No they wanted to play regular deathmatch on a payload map. Another server of people just fucking dancing or some shit.

New bread reskins are so nicely animated. I bought the Gru and jarate reskins off the market. They look really nice. Wish I had some more cash to get the sapper and milk reskins.

That's exactly what I mean. Spent an hour going from server to server, with people just standing around BSing not playing. Another server was a payload map, where people flipped the fuck out on me for MOVING THE PAYLOAD. No they wanted to play regular deathmatch on a payload map. Another server of people just fucking dancing or some shit.

not having good favorite servers in 2014 breh

wanted to see if tf2 has changed in the... two years? year and a half? since i've played with any regularity

normal server that disconnects
server with some kind of money betting for superpowers mod
server that crashes
server with five spies on offense on mountain lab, later switched to steel and had 3 engineers on each side building sentry farms (but no medics for most of the time), and had a 12 year old kid on voice chat who called people noob (and actually called me "noob demoman" when I had a 3:1 kd and 4 dominations) and talked about how he knew "all the driving tricks in halo"

so, no, it hasn't changed

wanted to see if tf2 has changed in the... two years? year and a half? since i've played with any regularity

Sounds like you need to find a good server. I get none of those things in the servers I frequent, and I've played a lot (2000 hours). I usually get those if I try randomly hopping around servers to check them out.

K.Sabot

The longer this game goes, the harder it is to find a normal server with normal map rotation that isn't screwed up by RTD, 100% crits, or has some dumb mod.

corn_fest

The longer this game goes, the harder it is to find a normal server with normal map rotation that isn't screwed up by RTD, 100% crits, or has some dumb mod.

There's tons of official vanilla Valve servers now, which was never the case pre-Mannconomy. Do you not have any near you?

Top Bottom