• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bluth54

Patch notes:

- Love & War Update
- Added 5 new weapons, 15 new taunts, and 43 cosmetic items for the Love & War update
- Partner Taunts can now be performed with the opposing team
- Added a new Taunt Loadout with 8 slots so multiple taunts can be equipped at the same time
- Taunts are no longer equipped in the Action Slot
- Pressing the Taunt key in game now brings up the new Taunt Selection menu
- Pressing the taunt key while the Taunt Selection menu is open performs a weapon taunt, or joins a partner taunt

- Mann Co. Store
- Added 15 new taunts and a taunt bundle
- Added 5 new weapons and a weapon bundle
- Added 44 new cosmetics and a cosmetic bundle
- Added "Taunt" category into the store
- Added Mann Co. Stockpile Crate Key
- The "Hats" and "Misc" categories have been merged into "Cosmetics"

- Items
- Added the Mann Co. Stockpile Crate to the droplist
- Each Mann Co. Stockpile Crate can be repeatedly shuffled to contain a set of 4 possible items
- Added the Mann Co. Audition Reel. Contains taunts and a rare chance at an unusual taunt
- Updated Mann Co. Crates to display which Unusual Series they can potentially output
- Added Bread Box Special Crafting Recipe. This recipe will no longer be available after July 9th, 2014. Items from the Bread box have a chance to be strange.
- Added crafting recipes for newly added weapons
- Added Killstreak Kits to MvM for newly added weapons
- Added Oz Fortress season 11 tournament medals

- Weapon changes and updates
- With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing 'reload' now activates focus when it is full
- The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
- The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
- All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
- All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
- Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation
- Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
- Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

- Misc Changes
- Updated the Halloween holiday to automatically be enabled when the server runs an _event map
- Added a check to prevent achievement announcement spam
- Converted several weapon models to use the c_models system
- Updated the localization files

- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an exploit where charging Demoman could turn more than allowed
- Fixed a bug where Halloween spellbooks were overriding PDAs and Disguise Kits
- Fixed The Director's Vision taunt not playing both variations for the Pyro
- Fixed the Pyro's spell audio not sounding like the rest of the Pyro's audio
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause items to unequip themselves
- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to using 'mp_forcecamera 0' with one player on the server
- Fixed a regression with the trigger_gravity entity not correctly applying its settings
- Fixed another exploit where Engineer buildings could build up a large amount of health
- Fixed a server performance issue related to the item_teamflag entity
- Fixed the itemtest command
- Fixed cosmetics shared between multiple classes not rendering correctly
- Updated the cosmetic item list to sort by name

- Map Fixes
- Updated cp_granary
- Removed collision from lights and small props protruding from walls
- Fixed collision on fences
- Fixed the tire props near Blu's forward spawn so players may no longer jump up to the spawn door platform
- Fixed players shooting through gaps around forward spawn doors
- Fixed door protruding through roof on Red's forward spawn
- Fixed a collision bug that gave players access to the roof above Red's spawn door
- Prevented players from building inside spawn room doors
- Adjusted area portals to improve rendering and performance
- Updated koth_harvest_final
- Added metal panel prop to Blu building, which now mirrors the jump up on the Red side
- Small performance increase through prop fade adjustments
- Players can no longer build inside spawn doors
- Updated pl_upward
- Fixed physics debris triggering the payload cart's finale explosion

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Mine just started downloading.

-All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.

eww. I wonder how much this will screw over kritz sticky spam...

Oh, that new scout weapon seems like it will be great.

Also, lol at 15 taunts (which who gives a shit) and only 5 weapons.

- The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
- The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
- All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
- All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
Awwwww shiet

Elija2

So much for a three-day countdown, eh? Why didn't they make it just one day since all they showed on the first day was taunts?

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Server Updated! Bready and waiting!

For Newcomers (and old timers that showed back up again):

tf2.capthatpoint.com

This is where we go play. It's our home now. ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME?

Thought so. See ya there!

Blizzard

Banned
I want the new sniper, but I need a bazaar bargain. Naturally to get that, I need a syndey sleeper. But naturally to get THAT I need a bunch of metal, which I don't have. Circle of life!

I tried to use the trade interface, but I get this:

no_tf2peqcm.png

I cannot see any TF2 items, select any TF2 items, or select a TF2 category since it does not exist. Any ideas?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I got a Strange Self-Aware Beauty Mark and it's amazing. And kinda cute, in a disturbing way.

Even better, if you coat an enemy with it, there's a chance that a bread monster attaches itself to the player and giggles around for a while.

Blizzard

Banned
On subsequent trade attempts, Team Fortress 2 showed up as a category. On the 4th trade attempt, the trade actually worked and didn't crash.

There's a recipe that needs 3 direct hits.

Someone tried to trade me one, and after a blank screen / session doesn't exist error, it finally worked. :p

Blizzard

Banned
I am super bad with the new sniper rifle. I'm also bad with the new rocket launcher, but it's funny if you manage to get 6+ clip size. Jumping and firing everything ends up looking like this:

792px-peacekeeper-miso7xve.jpg

Bluth54

My thoughts on the update:
The Positives:

The 15 minute video is great, easily the best TF2 video Valve has ever done.

Finally some new weapons, it's been far too long. The new weapons seem interesting, especially the BASE Jumper.

Some nice looking cosmetics, I will probably buy the Doctor Who scarf for the Medic.

Some nice bug fixes that have been a long time coming, like the Loch-n-Load fix and misc unequip bug.

The weapons are very easy/cheap to craft (even though they forgot a recipe for the Scout weapon).

I'm very happy they added new taunts and let you equipment multiple taunts at once. I also look forward to seeing what the community comes up with for taunts.

The Negatives:

The update had very little to do with the video, just a couple of weapon reskins and the weapons from the update weren't even in the video. At the very least I was expecting some kind of boss fight with the breadmonster. Maybe for Halloween this year.

No new maps, either community made or Valve made. Since new maps are the thing I look forward to the most in the updates I was pretty disappointed by this, at the very least they could of bought a community map or two and included them. Many modes like Payload or KotH haven't gotten new maps in years and there are some good community ones out there.

I'm not so sure how the nerfs to the Heavy/demoman will work out. I haven't played much since the update launched so I'll have to see but my initial reaction to the nerfs wasn't super positive. I guess we'll see.

The taunts and getting the bread weapons seem somewhat expensive.

I would probably give this update either a 6 or 7 out of 10. It feels like they had the movie finished, and wanted to get an update out before the summer sale so they just threw together what they had ready to go and shipped it.

Weapon changes are good.

The taunts don't work for me (no menu comes up).

Did you equip your taunts? You have to go to the load out and you'll have a button at the bottom of each loadout to equip your taunts.

Blizzard

Banned
The weapons are very easy/cheap to craft (even though they forgot a recipe for the Scout weapon).
This wasn't the case for me though maybe I was just unlucky. The rocket launcher requires a beggar's bazooka (didn't have a spare), which requires 3 direct hits. The ONLY way to craft a direct hit is apparently to use the class + slot tokens to craft it, which gives you like...a 1/6 chance to get it? Doing that three times would be super expensive. Luckily I had 2 spare direct hits already and someone traded me for a third one.

As mentioned, trading was also not easy, since I had 5 crashed/failed trade attempts and only 2 successful ones.

Bluth54

This wasn't the case for me though maybe I was just unlucky. The rocket launcher requires a beggar's bazooka (didn't have a spare), which requires 3 direct hits. The ONLY way to craft a direct hit is apparently to use the class + slot tokens to craft it, which gives you like...a 1/6 chance to get it? Doing that three times would be super expensive. Luckily I had 2 spare direct hits already and someone traded me for a third one.

As mentioned, trading was also not easy, since I had 5 crashed/failed trade attempts and only 2 successful ones.

Well it was cheap for me, I have like a years worth of weapon drops saved up so I was able to make the new weapons pretty easily.

Also one of the Saxxy winners that visited Valve last week said that there were several weapons that they were play testing that didn't make it into this update, like a flame thrower that basically lets you triple jump. That means we'll probably get more weapons in the Moonbase update.

Yeef

Did you equip your taunts? You have to go to the load out and you'll have a button at the bottom of each loadout to equip your taunts.
Yes. With all my taunts equipped, pressing taunt just does the regular weapon taunt as normal. No menu to speka of.

Proven

Why does all shield have the same explosive/fire resistance? Tweak some numbers to make it balance.
They... don't?

The Chargin Targe has higher resistances than this new weapon, which has higher resistances than the Splendid Screen. From there, they also have some other minor attributes, like the fact that the Targe makes you immune to afterburn. This new shield is actually really scary in the fact that it returns your charge meter with a charge kill, allowing you to go on chains or to dive in and out easily, so I'm surprised it doesn't have lower resistances than the Screen.

Server Updated! Bready and waiting!

For Newcomers (and old timers that showed back up again):

tf2.capthatpoint.com

This is where we go play. It's our home now. ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME?

Thought so. See ya there!

Because of the game changers, I will log onto the server for the first time tonight.

Edit: What TF2 has become.

Anony

so i did the old command line/text mode tf2 idle trick over night, and i got no drops
did valve stop that from working or did i do something wrong

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
BASE Jumper sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard, not even going to craft that shit.

Turn on crits on New Jank City.

Top Bottom