• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Collete

We're in mumble right now: mumble info is:

Address: 72.5.195.123

Port: 64738

Join us in TF2!

Edit: Please follow ZekethePlumber if you're lost.

Edit 1:Zeke is also lost....Uh..follow spaceb0y to the server!

Collete

GAF.jpg

All those people in mumble!
I had fun guys (even though my steam is now forever in RCT for some reason...) we should do this again some time!

Strider

So I'm downloading this right now and I have a couple questions if someone could answer them for me please.

First, I read the OP and this is a quote from it:

Barring a select few exceptions, cosmetic items have NO EFFECT ON GAMEPLAY

What are the few exceptions?

And secondly, like Titanfall most recently and basically any shooter, sometimes I like to play KB/M but other times I like to just sit back, relax and play with a controller. On the steam page it says partial controller support, what does that mean exactly? I can play the game but need to use KB/M for menus or something?

Blizzard

Banned
So I'm downloading this right now and I have a couple questions if someone could answer them for me please.

And secondly, like Titanfall most recently and basically any shooter, sometimes I like to play KB/M but other times I like to just sit back, relax and play with a controller. On the steam page it says partial controller support, what does that mean exactly? I can play the game but need to use KB/M for menus or something?
I'm guessing the OP might have been talking about item set bonuses that required hats. At some point, the game was patched to get rid of hat-requiring gameplay-affecting bonuses.

Your guess about menus may be correct. I may have used a 360 controller once or twice with Team Fortress 2 before, but it may not be very enjoyable since everyone is going to be using a mouse and the game on PC is probably designed around that.

As Blizzard said, the few cosmetic based bonuses have been removed for balance reasons. If you want to play with other gaffers join the CapThatPoint steam group. We send out steam announcements when we're getting together to play:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capthatpoint-steam

The GAF mumble info should be a few posts up as well, that's usually where we hang out while playing. Hope you like the game! It can be a little overwhelming with all of the weapons and maps that have been added over the years, but you can always start out as medic or pyro and learn the ropes that way. Most of the community is friendly and will gladly answer questions. :)

Strider

Thanks for your answers.

I've joined both the steam groups and added the Mumble server so I can hop on and play with you guys sometime. Need to practice some first lol

Blizzard

Banned
Oh, does it still crit? Doesn't say anything about it on the item description, which is what threw me off. Thought they got rid of it altogether.
I'm just going by the wiki, which seems to say it fully crits. I think item descriptions have been incomplete or misleading for a long time.

Getting back into the swing of playing TF2 regularly again is fun.

But sheesh terrible teams ruin everything.

tfw you know you're gonna lose and you just gotta hold dat L and attempt to have fun anyway for the next 10 minutes

and then quickly take the L on the defense side of thngs

I had to google what this "L" was. I thought you were visually representing the corner of hallway or something and was confused. :(

TFW Red has 3 engineer nests around the last point and your only medic is using Vaccinator and won't change their load out.

I had to google what this "L" was. I thought you were visually representing the corner of hallway or something and was confused. :(

TFW Red has 3 engineer nests around the last point and your only medic is using Vaccinator and won't change their load out.

Times like that make me miss the days when Baroni, Crimson and I would just team up and own.

Sometimes when you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

It never ceases to amaze me the draw the sniper and spy classes have. Doesn't matter if on offense or defense, people just love to be dead weight. And by the end of the round, these people are almost always at bottom of the scores except for one, maybe.

/rant

thefro

It never ceases to amaze me the draw the sniper and spy classes have. Doesn't matter if on offense or defense, people just love to be dead weight. And by the end of the round, these people are almost always at bottom of the scores except for one, maybe.

/rant

The issue is having too many players playing a certain class, not the utility of the classes within TF2. A sniper/spy working with their team can wreck a lot of havoc.

I meant as in 3+ spies and 3+ snipers per team. I must have accidentally edited that out trying not to sound too bitter. That rant was originally a lot longer...

Blizzard

Banned
I would conclude from that, that people enjoy playing a particular class, more than they want to win a particular level or end up with the most points.

Or, they may want to practice it. Their goals and enjoyment tradeoffs are probably different from yours!

I think younger/inexperienced players just get allured by the concept of one hit kills, but why does it always feel like the poorly playing group of sniper spies is on your team meanwhile the other has an octo-heavy and minis everywhere.

Top Bottom