• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Not gonna lie, back when I was heavy into this game, I liked playing as Sniper quite a bit - but when I noticed we were getting three or so, that's usually when I'd switch to a more offensive class (or maybe a Medic, given you can rarely have too many of those, unless you have six).

I just managed to buy myself this hat

That's a nice hat. I'll give 3 refined for it. Best I can do. RickHarrison.jpg
Honestly, I don't know anyone who is still in the TF2 trading game and I've never payed much mind to it so I don't have a clue if it was a good deal or not, sorry. I think "clean" refers to whether it's renamed and/or painted or not, though.

Any who, with all this TF2 I've been playing recently, it has been raining weapon drops on me. I've only found a Tide Turner so far though.

SO! I need some stuff to craft the rest. please.

Sticky Jumper
Buff Banner
Huntsman
Crit-a-Cola
Shortstop
Beggar's Bazooka

Holla!

dhonk

I wanna make my Demoman look like Tech N9ne

600_1374260577_eb4e4bacf22c3ff23dd7d7625a85524f.jpg

Donhonk! Use your magic to make this happen!

Would be possible. Claimed an all class clown facepaint set recently. (Yep, Halloween item makers are starting already.) Could use that mesh. :p

Bluth54

New update and blog post:

Blog Post: Mann Co Beta Maps - Early Access
Basically Valve added 2 new beta maps, a payload map Cactus Canyon (a 2 stage 2 point map) and a moonbase map with a new game mode Robot Destruction Asteroid for us to beta test.

- Added Mann Co. Beta Maps - Early Access program
- Added 2 new beta maps: RD_Asteroid and PL_CactusCanyon
- Beta maps can be accessed via the quickplay menu by clicking the Play Beta Maps option
- Added a new startup music track from Expiration Date
- Added UGC Highlander Season 12, UGC 6v6 Season 14, UGC 4v4 Season 1, and Tumblr Vs Reddit Season 2 medals
- Fixed the server browser not properly filtering for the "US - East" region when selected
- Fixed a bug where players that are taunting would not use the correct animation
- Fixed Australium weapons using the incorrect arm skin for the Blue team
- Fixed Mutated Milk not being a valid item for the Scout's Special Delivery item set
- Fixed The Stealth Steeler not using the correct team materials
- Fixed some festive weapons using the lowest LOD for the first person view
- Minigun: Winding up via secondary attack now counts toward reducing the one-second accuracy penalty
- Updated the equip_regions for The Southie Shinobi, The Chronomancer, and The Pencil Pusher
- Updated the localization files
- Updated The Towering Pillar of Summer Shades
- Fixed not using the correct team materials
- Updated to be paintable

- Reminder - Bread Boxes can no longer be crafted after tomorrow (July 9th)
- Craft them via the crafting system (Items->Crafting->Special Blueprint->Fabricate Bread Box)

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
tf2.capthatpoint.com is updated and currently running rd_asteroid (aka the moon base one). It's got weird robots and a bunch of other things I don't understand yet. The pl_cactuscanyon map looks like the red-headed stepchild of thundermountain and upwards.

Admins: To choose those maps, go to the ultimate map chooser, and it will be on the third menu of map groups under "Beta Maps".

If it becomes overrun with players, and some regulars want to play it, then we can do a password protect for a day or so. I don't think that will be a problem (although I secretly want it to be).

Enjoy!

--Spaceb0y

Yeef

Beep Boop. Boop. Beep Boop. (I still don't understand how the new mode works exactly. It's like CTF, but with robots and numbers or something).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Beep Boop. Boop. Beep Boop. (I still don't understand how the new mode works exactly. It's like CTF, but with robots and numbers or something).

Destroy A/B, grab C or something.

First to 300 points, with no time limit. I can see that taking forever if the map it features is an indication of the maps they're bringing to that. :/ (Though I kinda prefer that map untextured. Kinda space-y that way)

Payload map is a hunk of shit. If your team knows what it's doing and the other team is shit the map is over in minutes if that.

Not impressed. Like I haven't been with these whole "updates to the game" since launch. :/

Collete

this isnt dota

My thoughts exactly. Although I just died like 21 times as Eartshaker yesterday (though my team carried me to victory...I just fed their Axe...) so I might TF2 a little today as a result to check out these new maps...

The payload map still looks fun to do though.

Payload map is a hunk of shit. If your team knows what it's doing and the other team is shit the map is over in minutes if that.

Not impressed. Like I haven't been with these whole "updates to the game" since launch. :/

You're not impressed with the Conga and Hi Five taunts then?!...
Cmon there had to be something you liked in the updates since launch.

Am I the only one who hasn't played that robot mode where you shoot bang them and get shit?

idk about bangin' them, but yeah you probably are the only one.

I did one full tour of mvm and that's about it. Shit gets repetitive and everyone wants to play the apeshit mode...It goes against my chill nature

Am I the only one who hasn't played that robot mode where you shoot bang them and get shit?
I was actually just realizing the other day that I never got around to trying that mode either, add me on Steam (where I'm egallager) if you want to give it a try with me.

Yeef

So apparently, the way it works is, every time you kill a robot they drop cores.A bots drop fewer than B bots, which drop fewer than C bots. The first team to get to 300 cores (default) wins. Optionally, you can also steal the other team's intel (or reactor core or whatever they call it) and capture it. Doing so will remove cores from the other team's count and add them to your team's count. The primary goal is protecting the bots, not the intel, like I thought.

So apparently, the way it works is, every time you kill a robot they drop cores.A bots drop fewer than B bots, which drop fewer than C bots. The first team to get to 300 cores (default) wins. Optionally, you can also steal the other team's intel (or reactor core or whatever they call it) and capture it. Doing so will remove cores from the other team's count and add them to your team's count. The primary goal is protecting the bots, not the intel, like I thought.

Yeah, but the thing is stealing the intel can cripple a team too. I like the idea, I do think the layout of the map could use some fine tuning...

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Gave the beta maps a spin.

Quickplay dropped me into the PL one first. Red engies had set up sentries underneath the ground right outside of Blu spawn. >.> So I disconnected and never got to see the rest of the map, heh.

Then I played a couple of rounds of Asteroid - I think I dig the mode but the map itself is really confusing. A mess of corridors and one-way doors and some open areas... I started to get the hang of the layout but it still needs a lot more visibility and signposting. Hopefully those are things that will change with feedback and updated versions.

Blizzard

Banned

Quickplay dropped me into the PL one first. Red engies had set up sentries underneath the ground right outside of Blu spawn. >.> So I disconnected and never got to see the rest of the map, heh.

Then I played a couple of rounds of Asteroid - I think I dig the mode but the map itself is really confusing. A mess of corridors and one-way doors and some open areas... I started to get the hang of the layout but it still needs a lot more visibility and signposting. Hopefully those are things that will change with feedback and updated versions.
A rare ExMachina post, howdy! Are you happy the demo nerf got promptly reverted? :p

Asteroid is a pain in the ass layout-wise...but the mode is fun...

The PL One kinda sucks in some ways it's almost too easy for one side assert dominance and just eat up the entire clock

Bluth54

Just so everyone knows Valve did fix the major bugs with the beta maps the other day:

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Updated rd_asteroid
Fixed incorrect respawn times for Blu attackers
Fixed missing kill triggers in pits
Added blockers to starting gates to prevent engineers from building outside the base before the round starts
Added medium health kit near large ammo pack at the front doors of each base
Removed the ability to create buildings in the lasers
Removed chair prop from vent access room near vault
Updated pl_cactuscanyon
Prevented players from shooting over the fences by the mid building in stage 2
Prevented players from shooting between spawns in stage 2
Fixed a bug which prevented Blu team from winning upon a successful capture
Fixed players getting under the terrain near the first Blu Spawn in stage 1

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Really cool SFM put together for the upcoming Jump Academy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7mTT8JlnM

I'm curious about how the final site and the structure for teaching will turn out. I've been both a mentee and mentor on all my time spent on jump maps, but it's pretty much up to chance whether you run into someone willing to help or be helped. So I'm all for organization if it helps more players find teachers and get into jumping.

Are you happy the demo nerf got promptly reverted? :p
Absolutely. :p

Asteroid is a pain in the ass layout-wise...but the mode is fun...

The PL One kinda sucks in some ways it's almost too easy for one side assert dominance and just eat up the entire clock
Yeah, I'm really growing to like RD, especially when the games are close. I dig that there are a lot of options to work towards the objective, though that does mean there's a larger learning curve because it's not as straightforward as other modes. Maybe now I'll get to see the rest of the PL map now that some bugs have been fixed. xD

'Grats on getting onto a HL team! What league is it exactly? I never realized that there was someone other than UGC doing 9v9.

Really cool SFM put together for the upcoming Jump Academy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7mTT8JlnM

I'm curious about how the final site and the structure for teaching will turn out. I've been both a mentee and mentor on all my time spent on jump maps, but it's pretty much up to chance whether you run into someone willing to help or be helped. So I'm all for organization if it helps more players find teachers and get into jumping.

I finally picked up soldier and am learning to jump. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but sometimes i'll miss and look around hoping nobody noticed lol.

Yeah, I'm really growing to like RD, especially when the games are close. I dig that there are a lot of options to work towards the objective, though that does mean there's a larger learning curve because it's not as straightforward as other modes. Maybe now I'll get to see the rest of the PL map now that some bugs have been fixed. xD

I really enjoy it, I'd like to see how it goes when teams figure the best ways to defend and attack places, last map I was on, this team basically held us in spawn with a single medic/heavy combo and an extra soldier...

'Grats on getting onto a HL team! What league is it exactly? I never realized that there was someone other than UGC doing 9v9.

It's ETF2L...I just got invited randomly apparently I'm a decent pyro, so I'm willing to give the HL thing more of a serious go nowadays. I only know one other person on the team, so we'll see how this goes.

It's better than playing Quote's friend Velox. Haha, my team was soo frustrated with him, the first map, he did one of his magic jumps and cabered the engy on teh first point and that sent them into a panic. Hahahaha I was trying not to laugh too hard on mumble when it happened.

Blizzard

Banned

Cool -- I've been interested in learning some of the basic jump techniques, and I occasionally try the jump maps, but I feel like a lot of it depends on learning some basic stuff and having a really patient person spectating you to see what you are screwing up. If you're ever bored and want to give advice, let me know. =P Some jumps are easy and some are mind-bogglingly awkward.

I really enjoy it, I'd like to see how it goes when teams figure the best ways to defend and attack places, last map I was on, this team basically held us in spawn with a single medic/heavy combo and an extra soldier...
It's funny when you realize that you're practically in the enemy base/spawn area and you should REALLY probably be retreating to safe ground. Last night I learned there are little fiddly tunnels, too.

Collete

I like the video, it reminds me when you and Woobie tried to teach me jumping when I came with you guys on a jump map...I can still do sorta basic jumps but I still can't strafe...ah well.
It will still be interesting to learn again though.

It's ETF2L...I just got invited randomly apparently I'm a decent pyro, so I'm willing to give the HL thing more of a serious go nowadays. I only know one other person on the team, so we'll see how this goes.

ETF2L as in European Team Fortress 2 League? Good luck trying to play pyro in 100+ ping. Are you sure it isn't Cevo?

ETF2L as in European Team Fortress 2 League? Good luck trying to play pyro in 100+ ping. Are you sure it isn't Cevo?

Nope it's euro...I didn't know what it was...and our first meet up was today...smh, this is going to be bad...but it may be kinda entertaining for you guys...

I'm also the oldest one by like 10 years it sounds like...

Top Bottom