• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

"Medic - the class everyone loves but no one wants to play
Spy - the class nobody loves but everyone wants to play."

Hahaha! Too true.

Wish he fit something about having 5 snipers on one team in there :p

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added taunts to the items that can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop
Added new "Taunt" and "Halloween" tags to the Steam Workshop
Previous entries marked with the "Halloween 2013" tag will automatically be updated to use the new tag in the coming days
Added tournament medals for the ETF2L and RETF2 EE22
Client/server performance improvements
Improved client memory usage by updating weapon models to only be loaded on demand
Improved edict usage on servers to help eliminate "out of edicts" errors during round restarts
Fixed a server crash caused by using the "map" command in the console while the server is running
Fixed a client crash when switching between windowed-mode and fullscreen for Mac OS X and Linux clients
Re-enabled HTML MOTD support for Mac OS X and Linux clients
Extended the server's "status" command to display edict usage and player/bot counts
status output also includes basic class stats...not fully implemented yet
Fixed custom content not being shown while watching .dem files that were recorded on servers running with sv_pure
Fixed an exploit that involved players killing teammates via telefrag by switching to Spectator
Fixed bad LODs for The Angel of Death coat for the Medic
Fixed push triggers applying push values twice when lag compensation is being done
Fixed a Hammer crash related to changing entity types for an existing entity
Fixed Strange flamethrowers not getting kill credit for deflected projectiles
Fixed mini-crit and taunt-invite icons being orphaned in the world
Fixed the Festive Force-a-Nature using the wrong taunt animation
Fixed the difficulty value not displaying correctly in the Mann vs. Machine scoreboard
Fixed Mann vs. Machine bots floating in the air when they die from an explosion
Fixed the Pyro's clap sounds clipping the voice lines during the Party Trick taunt
Fixed the Short Circuit creating its firing effects when being deployed
Fixed Mini-Sentry collision hull being scaled smaller than it should be
The Frying Pan can now accept Kills While Explosive Jumping strange parts
Updated the equip_region for the Mining Light and Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
Updated the materials for the Apparition's Aspect and made it paintable
Updated the Eternaween vote so it cannot be initiated by clients without using the Eternaween
Updated the localization files
Updated pl_cactuscanyon
Completed permanent removal of previous stage 2 from the map
Removed the rollback hill in stage 2, and adjusted neighboring u-turn
Adjusted the right-hand spawn exit for Blu in stage 2
Reworked Sniper window above underpass in stage 2
Adjusted spawn times in stage 2
Added flatcars to the train in stage 2
Blu side path from cart spawn to underpass is now a drop-down in stage 2
Widened a doorway along the cart-path in stage 2
Updated rd_asteroid
Removed spawn advantage for attackers that die in the enemy base
Moved health and ammo above the front door stairs further into the base
Increased bot count. Summed total health and points in each section remains the same.
Power core pickups now give health and ammo to the collector
Removed small health kit above cave exit
Added medium ammo kit in the caves near the medium health kit

commissar

You identified the problem within your own post. Dota 2 rounds last way too long; ain't nobody got time for that.
Haha it wasn't a serious statement :]

Though I was serious about liking hydro. Vast expanses of concrete. Satellite dishes. Underground labs. Amazing. Steel is also most excellent.

So how popular is TF2 still? How many Gaffers still play? My PC's GPU took a dump so I can only play games on my old laptop for now, which I mainly used for Smite and TF2. If there's some good times to be had, I will join if I can.

Haha it wasn't a serious statement :]

But seriously, I'm so disappointed Dota 2 hasn't added a shorter game mode (like Arena in Smite). I love the game but I don't want to spent an hour playing without any breaks. Some of us get phone calls and have needy girlfriends and stuff...

So how popular is TF2 still? How many Gaffers still play? My PC's GPU took a dump so I can only play games on my old laptop for now, which I mainly used for Smite and TF2. If there's some good times to be had, I will join if I can.

But seriously, I'm so disappointed Dota 2 hasn't added a shorter game mode (like Arena in Smite). I love the game but I don't want to spent an hour playing without any breaks. Some of us get phone calls and have needy girlfriends and stuff...

I play on the regular but I'm busy all week and won't be able to hop in till next monday.

Bluth54

New patch for TF2 today added Alien Isolation promo items, which gave the Scout an Xenomorph costume (Halloween restricted) and a flame thrower for the Pyro. A scout wearing the costume does extra melee damage to a pyro with the flamethrower, and a pyro with the flamethrower does extra damage to the scout wearing the costume, which is pretty cool (but wont see much use).

Also a new Summer crate was added:
wading_crate_2_large.4f81c58358338117b70decd23ae1fc38ab717e33.png
This crate can't be opened yet and is probably for (finally) the End of the Line update, since one of the first shots in the End of the Line trailer has a pyro playing in an inflatable pool and CP_Snowplow has a bunch of rubber ducks in it. Edit: Looks like it's probably not for End of the Line.

TF2 artpass team is doing some great work on Asteroid, can't wait to see what they do with the interiors.

Yeah I think asteroid is going to be one of the best looking TF2 maps easily.

I'm guessing we're getting fairly close to the official release of Asteroid and Cactus Canyon since most of the changes are fairly small now (and of course they've started detailing Asteroid).

Sparse

New patch for TF2 today added Alien Isolation promo items, which gave the Scout an Xenomorph costume (Halloween restricted) and a flame thrower for the Pyro. A scout wearing the costume does extra melee damage to a pyro with the flamethrower, and a pyro with the flamethrower does extra damage to the scout wearing the costume, which is pretty cool (but wont see much use).
game_page_banner.jpg

Do want the Scout costume, but booo at the Halloween restriction.

Zarovitch

I've play this game the last two days since some years.

That's was really fun, i've laugh seeing people dancing waiting to fight.
When team was too strong we vote to scramble players. That was just fun.

It feel like an online party game.

Edit: i'll try the Gaf community

I've play this game the last two days since some years.

That's was really fun, i've laugh seeing people dancing waiting to fight.
When team was too strong we vote to scramble players. That was just fun.

It feel like an online party game.

Edit: i'll try the Gaf community

TF2 is esports, not some PARTY GAME. Paint all your hats black and come back when you're REALLY ready to play.

Bluth54

Yeef

Alan Wake was fun when you weren't shooting shit. Which was unfortunately 90% of the time.
I went into Alan Wake think I'd like it, but it was awful in all regards. The combat was terrible, the dialogue and story were awful and the acting was extremely stilted.

Blizzard

Banned
Alan Wake was fun when you weren't shooting shit. Which was unfortunately 90% of the time.
There's 0 combat in Vanishing so at least that problem shouldn't be there. People's current fear is that it will end up like Dear Esther and purely be an exploration thingy, but I'd almost be okay with that as long as there's a less obscure story.

Blizzard

Banned
After 6 months Valve finally released the 4th comic.

Really great comic, hopefully the next one doesn't take another 6 months though.

I like the comic version of heavy. Stoic and observant. "You should listen more and talk less."

*edit* More thoughts: The rocket ship panels reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes. I wonder if the style was that way on purpose.

Soldier and Zhanna are a great couple.

Bluth54

I kinda wonder if the comic is going to tie in with the moonbase update at all seeing as how going into space is now a part of the comic.

Bluth54

I think they said the comics were entirely removed from any updates they were planning on doing.

The blogpost for the first comic says "This is the first time we’re releasing a comic that isn’t tied to an impending update."

However it's always possible Valve is lying, or maybe they just mean the release schedule for the comic (since the earlier comics had been created to promote an update).They could also change their minds (especially since it's taken so much longer then expected to make the comics).

The fact that they have characters going off into space does make me somewhat suspicious that Valve may decide to somehow link the comic with the space lore.

Of course the next 2 comics may have nothing to do at space at all. I guess we'll find out in a couple of years when the finally get released.

dhonk

Little update from me, haven't posted in a while. First off, one of my items got into the most recent crate!
FbxsRNx.png

Thanks for any votes from you guys that follow my stuff!

Also, I've got a BUNCH of Halloween sets uploaded and more to come. Any votes or thoughts are appreciated. :)

Top Bottom