• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Server is updated! Getcher bumper kart on while ya can!

NEOGAF Bride of JANKenstein: Scream Fortress 2014!

Server IP: 72.5.195.148 (or tf2.spaceb0y.com)

Update: Password removed. Go crazy, ya loveable brazilians!

Randdalf

Just played the new Halloween event. It's pretty, uhh, bad after you've played the bumper car games a few times. Plus, the event map has big fps issues. Which means you spend 80% of the time playing Doomsday and 20% of the time playing these kind of janky bumper car games.

Maybe it's nostalgia kicking in but I've never really enjoyed Scream Fortress very much since the first two: I don't care about the items and the game modes wear out their welcome very quickly.

Bluth54

I'm not sure why Doomsday was chosen as the Halloween maps, it's one of the worst maps. At least it looks fairly nice visually and the bumper car parts are pretty fun.

Bluth54

I think upward would work really well for a Halloween map, it has lots of open spaces to use spells as well as have a possible boss fight (if we ever get a boss fight again).

I think upward would work really well for a Halloween map, it has lots of open spaces to use spells as well as have a possible boss fight (if we ever get a boss fight again).

The larger a map is and the longer it takes to achieve objectives, the worse it feels for scream fortress nonsense. Matches need to be over quickly so you get fresh restarts and imbalances get corrected promptly. Manor is by far the worst scream fortress map. A payload map would be even worse.

Mohasus

How much is this worth (in real money)?

Spine-Chilling Skull
Limited Level 31 Hat
This is a special Halloween 2010 item
Express your undying hatred for the living.

It was not marketable for a long time, but I just checked now and I can list it. I need some bucks to buy Valkyria Chronicles. :p

Spine-Chilling Skull
Limited Level 31 Hat

It was not marketable for a long time, but I just checked now and I can list it. I need some bucks to buy Valkyria Chronicles. :p

I wanna say it was around 10 bucks a couple years ago? It's almost certainly gone up a bit since then though.

Maybe 15 bucks?

Okay I looked around a bit and the consensus is around 6 keys so 12 or 13 bucks?

It's hard to find info on it though. Maybe just throw it up on the market for 15 and someone might buy it.

After a few days we'll have a better picture on the market just through volume so if you wanna be safe just wait.

Spine-Chilling Skull
Limited Level 31 Hat

If you set your backpack to not private, you can check your inventory items and sort by value using backpack.tf. Your link should be here. Also, I think the Spine-Chilling Skull is an "untradable" item and by "untradable" I mean you have to use gift wrap on it if you want to trade it, which I think will run you $2.50. Also, if your skull is the non-craftable one (which you would get by crafting it from the haunted horseman metal) it's only worth 3 keys, minus the 1 key price of the wrap.

bounchfx

so I logged in after a big break from playing, and I have both a "Antique Halloween Goodie Cauldron" and a "Halloween Gift Cauldron". Is there any reason not to open these? aka is there any value in them unopened?

Bluth54

People have been taking apart files from the update yesterday and found references to a possible upcoming Spy vs Engineer War update.

I hope this is something that happens, another war type of update would be great (and Spy and Engie are a good fit for a war type update).

Edit: This was found in today's patch:

"tf_mm_servermode" = "0"
game notify
- Activates / deactivates Lobby-based hosting mode.
0 = not active
1 = Put in quickplay pool (based on current map)
2 = Put in MvM pool. (Lobby will control current map)
3 = Put in Ladder pool. (Lobby will control current map)

Combined with what was found in yesterday's patch about Matchmaking it looks like the TF2 team is still working on some sort of competitive mode.

Yeef

People have been taking apart files from the update yesterday and found references to a possible upcoming Spy vs Engineer War update.

I hope this is something that happens, another war type of update would be great (and Spy and Engie are a good fit for a war type update).
This would be awful.

There would be no one playing engineer and 6 times as many spies as there are already.

So I haven't played TF2 in awhile but I have been trying to keep active in the community by collecting strange weapons. My goal is to collect all of them, minus any re-skins or any that have a vintage/genuine quality. However, it's been awhile since I bought a strange item,the last one got, I believe was the strange Pholog. It's becoming harder to find out which ones I need with all this strangafier nonsense. Anyone know of a way to find out what Stranges I'm missing? Is there a TF2 website that provides a master list of Stranges by order of date? Before, I've been checking the wiki, but it's kind of tedious since Ive been away for so many updates. Thanks.

So I haven't played TF2 in awhile but I have been trying to keep active in the community by collecting strange weapons. My goal is to collect all of them, minus any re-skins or any that have a vintage/genuine quality. However, it's been awhile since I bought a strange item,the last one got, I believe was the strange Pholog. It's becoming harder to find out which ones I need with all this strangafier nonsense. Anyone know of a way to find out what Stranges I'm missing? Is there a TF2 website that provides a master list of Stranges by order of date? Before, I've been checking the wiki, but it's kind of tedious since Ive been away for so many updates. Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure if this has strange highlighting, but it's what I used to make sure I had all the weapons way back when.

http://www.tf2items.com/

Mohasus

I wanna say it was around 10 bucks a couple years ago? It's almost certainly gone up a bit since then though.

Maybe 15 bucks?

Okay I looked around a bit and the consensus is around 6 keys so 12 or 13 bucks?

It's hard to find info on it though. Maybe just throw it up on the market for 15 and someone might buy it.

After a few days we'll have a better picture on the market just through volume so if you wanna be safe just wait.

Thanks, sold it for 16 bucks. Maybe I could have gotten more (it was the cheapest craftable hat), but VC is bought now.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for gifting me Goat Simulator, Spaceb0y! I should try your TF2 server again some time if it's still running.

You spent $2.50 too much though! The golden Steam rule is to wait for 75% off.

Rivitur

Banned
Can't believe I missed this years Halloween update because my computer finally realized it should have never been able to run TF2 in the first place.

Bluth54

The new update today broke so many things it's distracting to play. The things I've noticed are broken in this update:

Ragdolls don't work (characters freeze in place for a second or two when they die, then disappear besides their cosmetics). The floating cosmetics will continue to movie on their own following the last animation the character was doing before they died (usually just running in place, though I saw a set of Scout cosmetics move sideways). When your dead and spectating other players sometimes some or all of their cosmetic items will start moving around them rapidly (especially the spellbooks).

Also on upward the cart no longer heals or gives out ammo. I tried badwater but the cart works fine on that map, not sure if it's broken on any other maps.

Bluth54

Valve having the community do promitional items is nothing new, for example a lot of the items from the Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs updates were made by the community. Now Valve is just letting everyone get a chance instead of selecting people to make the promos like they did before.

Valve having the community do promitional items is nothing new, for example a lot of the items from the Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs updates were made by the community. Now Valve is just letting everyone get a chance instead of selecting people to make the promos like they did before.
Well yeah I'd argue that's a pretty big change.

Bluth54

Well yeah I'd argue that's a pretty big change.

Yeah it's a good step, I imagine one of the main reasons they didn't just open some past promos like Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex was because they contained new weapons and they didn't want to spoil that before the update shipped.

Rivitur

Banned
It runs to the 12th.
Well too bad my computer just doesn't run 0.o

Last time I tried this happened: (lol 19fps on a good day)

SFjgUqs.jpg

Top Bottom