• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

How is coaching coming along, Zeke?

hahaha Zeke's a Coach?

"Before I coach a player, I ask myself, what would Bobby Knight do?

tumblr_m13wdiATUr1qzbbbgo1_400.gif

Bluth54

From the TF2maps.net forum thread about the upcoming Spy vs Engie update:
Interesting that they mentioned "teleport grenade", I saw some of the TF2 guys building and testing something similar to Dishonored, where you'd jump forward like 20 feet in the direction you were looking when I visited them in Bellevue. It looked super WIP when I was there (March 2014), but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the update.

Looks like Valve has been working on a Teleport grenade type weapon for awhile, something we'll possibly see in Spy vs Engie.

Yeef

You can't take a selfie with someone. It's not a selfie then and I will maul you if you do.

"Autophotographic record of that time I met a bear" is what it should be called.

Collete

Happy Thanksgiving :)
I just finished making a 5 course dinner for the family. Brother would not keep his hands to himself and ate half of the roasted asparagus before dinner started =_= (And he normally is picky on what he eats)
Well...at least it's proof I'm not a bad cook at all lol

Bluth54

The video was great.

Apparently Valve cut the map CP_Snowplow because it was "too confusing and challenging for new players" which makes no sense, because the only change they made to the a/d gamemode was how the timer worked (the train took damage after about 50 seconds from a trap by the point) and it wasn't that confusing after you played a round or two.

Sianos

"too confusing and challenging for new players" - valve's company heavy main, 2014

I'm anticipating the video to be amazing as always, but I'm really disappointed with the update surrounding it. A new reskin plain melee and some cosmetics... what happened to the new weapons in testing?

Hopefully something more in-game is at least on the horizon... although I do love TF2 media. <3

Goon Boon

Banned
Do the ducks/duck journal do jack shit besides count numbers? Because if not, just watch End of the Line and pretend as if that was it, because this update seems pretty miserable. At least DOTA2's collect shit to increase number stuff also had a chance of cosmetic drops when you did the goal of your entry fee cosmetic event thing.

Bluth54

A new reskin plain melee and some cosmetics... what happened to the new weapons in testing?
<3

From McVee's Tumblr account:

We only get one weapon for the update? I'm not mad or anything, the cosmetics and the movie itself are unbelieveably good, I just thought we'd get a couple new non-reskins from this update.
pokesphee

This was part of the plan but as I reiterated every time I mentioned weapons. They weren’t guaranteed. We were asked to tell the public what we wanted to do. Not what was done. 1 Ended up in Love & War. The others didn’t make the quality cut. Valves opinions on the map was that it was too complex for new players and was removed. But the final map is available publicly. Just not on official Valve servers.

Zia

Was going to make an update thread but, eh. Colossal disappointment.

The update page is poorly designed, painfully unfunny and has readability issues. The update is a $5 leaderboard (with an out-of-place background image that's off-center) and stylized killstreak. At least the movie was alright... had some high-concept stuff, but it was definitely rough around the edges.

Zia

So, I keep hearing that you don't need the badge to participate in the "event," but I can't seem to figure out what you do without the badge. Just run over ducks? Because I bought it, the boyfriend didn't, and he can't see the leaderboard. So I guess whoever didn't buy in gets to collect Star Bits? Cool event, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-YDeEfZWY

everyone's so down now. EotL, this etc

maybe the competitive scene should have listened and gone with valve when they wanted to attempt their version of competitive matchmaking with the matchmaking and stuff

but they stuck with their goofy rules because they were scared of change and wanted to use their weapon banlists and player limits simply because thats what they were used to

shockingly communities arent always right

maybe the competitive scene should have listened and gone with valve when they wanted to attempt their version of competitive matchmaking with the matchmaking and stuff

but they stuck with their goofy rules because they were scared of change and wanted to use their weapon banlists and player limits simply because thats what they were used to

shockingly communities arent always right

Seriously. I think it is funny that the 6s competitive people get all bent out of shape that Valve doesn't like what they're doing. No shit they don't! 6s turns a 12v12 game with 9 classes into a 6v6 one with just four -- Medic, Soldier, Scout, and Demoman.

dhonk

Ugh... I bought the duck badge and a bunch of keys. I wish I hadn't. TF2 had become a parody of itself.

Wanted to drop in and say that a good chunk of that money goes to the EOTL folk. Including the guys that made the canned map.

Also, I made the duck model. So you're personally helping me pay for living and stuff. Thanks!

Bluth54

I had a dream last night that TV Guide had an exclusive about the upcoming TF2 Christmas update. I don't remember much about it, other then there were 8 maps and one of them was set in a pinball machine that had barrels that shot you around the map like the Donkey Kong games and you could jump on the pinball and you would roll around with it.

When I woke up I was quite excited for a minute or two until I realized it was all a dream.

I had a dream last night that TV Guide had an exclusive about the upcoming TF2 Christmas update. I don't remember much about it, other then there were 8 maps and one of them was set in a pinball machine that had barrels that shot you around the map like the Donkey Kong games and you could jump on the pinball and you would roll around with it.

When I woke up I was quite excited for a minute or two until I realized it was all a dream.

Saddest thing I've read all week.

Rivitur

Banned

Lol TV guide...

Collete

Guys...It's that time of year again

This actually sounds kinda fun. Now I'm sad...=(

Sparse

The tenth class was inside one of those barrels...

So it begins.

Top Bottom