• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Go into your options and set it so that people around 50% auto yell for medic. I was right in front of you calling when I was in the cart and you were healing a full health soldier. One sticky and I died.

Still better than blizzard...

You sure it was me? And not ClassyPenguin? Tell which Thunder Mountain round was that?!

I have that option disabled :| Going to turn it on.

Edit: If I found the right part, We are pushing the cart up the ramp on the first stage of Thunder Mountain. I die seconds from Joe's pill before you calling for medic. and Classy is on the cart healing the Soldier. And a rocket killed you :( 64000 tick in demo file.

I tend to purposely not heal people I dislike when I'm medic.

Unfortunately, that means I basically only ever heal Zeke, Forkball, and Oreo. The rest of you are SCUM.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying out the roaming Soldier loadout (regular RL, Gunboats, Equalizer) these past 2 nights and it's pretty fun. Getting the drop on people from silly angles is great and I didn't miss the shotgun as much as I thought I would. It makes encounters so much more straightforward when you don't have a secondary to fall back on... Think I'll start looking around for more dumb hiding spots on the server's regular maps, hehe.

Though I apologize to whoever was on my team since I was just jumping around. D:

So many headshots tonight. Feels good, man!
You should thank me for giving you so much aerial headshot practice. ;_;

I join on Cold Front just as the party was dying :(

Damn you, power outages! Making me take a nap and missing TF2. Oh well, at least I have Krater...

Oreoleo

Unfortunately, that means I basically only ever heal Zeke, Forkball, and Oreo. The rest of you are SCUM.

Jessica-Heart-edited.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You sure it was me? And not ClassyPenguin? Tell which Thunder Mountain round was that?!

I have that option disabled :| Going to turn it on.

Edit: If I found the right part, We are pushing the cart up the ramp on the first stage of Thunder Mountain. I die seconds from Joe's pill before you calling for medic. and Classy is on the cart healing the Soldier. And a rocket killed you :( 64000 tick in demo file.

If you are going to play medic, turn that on.

I usually set it to 50. Now I will set it to not heal bad medics as well.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If any of you shmoes want Indie Game: The Movie hit me up. I've got an extra code for it.

Edit: SteveWinwood is the winrar.

Sianos

I've been trying out the roaming Soldier loadout (regular RL, Gunboats, Equalizer) these past 2 nights and it's pretty fun. Getting the drop on people from silly angles is great and I didn't miss the shotgun as much as I thought I would. It makes encounters so much more straightforward when you don't have a secondary to fall back on... Think I'll start looking around for more dumb hiding spots on the server's regular maps, hehe.

Though I apologize to whoever was on my team since I was just jumping around. D:

Yes, switch over to the glory of the Gunboats! The added mobility is so wonderful, you feel like you have control of the entire map. I can't play soldier any other way.

I personally perfer to run the Market Gardener over the Equalizer. You give up SANIC SPEED, but it's worth it for those perfect moments where you fall out of the sky and land that glorious 195 damage.

Don't worry about being "useless", I've spent the entire night as Rocket Jumper/Mantreads/Market Gardener before. :U

Kirsten

Not only do you not heal the rest of us...you go so far as to DISLIKE us ?! What did we do to deserve this :'(

Not only do you not heal the rest of us...you go so far as to DISLIKE us ?! What did we do to deserve this :'(

Also, for some reason, 90% of my headshots are on Kirsten.

Which reminds me, I need to get a Strange Sniper Rifle and rename it "lol bodyshotz". What's the going rate for one of those?

Kirsten

Also, for some reason, 90% of my headshots are on Kirsten.

Which reminds me, I need to get a Strange Sniper Rifle and rename it "lol bodyshotz". What's the going rate for one of those?

So you dislike me and go out of your way to kill me... :'(

Oh...OK well we will see if I will heal you in Highlander.

Javaman

I join on Cold Front just as the party was dying :(

Damn you, power outages! Making me take a nap and missing TF2. Oh well, at least I have Krater...

Thunder mountain right before was the worst blowout I've ever seen so I'm not surprised to see people quitting afterwards. We got 0 cps on the first round then the next was a fun 3 map series of losses all the way to the final point/map.

A bit off topic, but anyone interesting in a 4 pack of torchlight 2? Normally it's $20 a copy, but with the group discount it's $15 (plus probably some stupid paypal fees) and it comes with a copy of T1 with every slot. I can host.

1.Javaman
2.Oreo

sixghost

Thunder mountain right before was the worst blowout I've ever seen so I'm not surprised to see people quitting afterwards. We got 0 cps on the first round then the next was a fun 3 map series of losses all the way to the final point/map.

A bit off topic, but anyone interesting in a 4 pack of torchlight 2? Normally it's $20 a copy, but with the group discount it's $15 (plus probably some stupid paypal fees) and it comes with a copy of T1 with every slot. I can host.

1.Javaman
2.Oreo
I'll go in on that.

thefro

We play LiberTy LiberTy on Monday.

They haven't played in UGC previously, but they all seem to have 1000+ hrs of TF2 play according to their steam profiles.

We're the home team, so I believe we get to decide whether we want to attack or defend first.

DogWelder

Tentative roster against LiberTy:

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: fallengorn
Demo: wartime
Heavy: me**
Medic: Kirsten
Pyro: sixghost
Engineer: thefro
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake

**Tentative because I may not be available. If so, Oreoleo will take my place.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, switch over to the glory of the Gunboats! The added mobility is so wonderful, you feel like you have control of the entire map. I can't play soldier any other way.

I personally perfer to run the Market Gardener over the Equalizer. You give up SANIC SPEED, but it's worth it for those perfect moments where you fall out of the sky and land that glorious 195 damage.

Don't worry about being "useless", I've spent the entire night as Rocket Jumper/Mantreads/Market Gardener before. :U

I tried equipping the MG a couple of times but haven't been able to figure out the timing for when to swing. Clearly this is an important skill that I must practice. I'll give the weapon another try next time though... I want to experience those wonderful aerial crits!

(man, this font size change is totally disorienting O.x)

I am definitely not available. Sorry. I'm at work still actually, taking a break to have a small lunch (yeah, my noon lunch became a 7:00 PM lunch). I'm cheering for sixghost to make up for the rest of you mongrels.

thefro

I am definitely not available. Sorry. I'm at work still actually, taking a break to have a small lunch (yeah, my noon lunch became a 7:00 PM lunch). I'm cheering for sixghost to make up for the rest of you mongrels.

That's Monday's game, not the scrim tonight.

Proven

I tried equipping the MG a couple of times but haven't been able to figure out the timing for when to swing. Clearly this is an important skill that I must practice. I'll give the weapon another try next time though... I want to experience those wonderful aerial crits!

(man, this font size change is totally disorienting O.x)

I keep thinking I accidentally changed the default font of the browser (ctrl+scroll wheel). Glad I'm not the only one.

That's for Monday right? I can totes make that.

Tonight not so much.

Blizzard

Banned

I can be an alt heavy on Monday after DogWelder and Oreo have mysterious accidents and are unable to play.

Kade

Thank goodness someone else posted about it. I refreshed a page and the size changed earlier, and I thought I was going insane or something, lol.

That wasn't just me?! I thought I CTRL + scrolled up and I kept trying to change it back but every size felt off. I stopped browsing GAF for an hour or so, came back and it was fixed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Since it wasn't posted, we 'won' our scrim.

It was more like they sucked at pushing and we had a spammier demo though.

They left after a round.

Top Bottom