• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

All the good stuff happened in mumble. Learned a lot about Canada thanksgiving and stuff. Thanks Kirsten and DogWelder! Now I feel a little bad for the eskimos.

Blizzard

Banned
Troll of the night award goes to Javaman for nominating hydro after thunder mountain, and immediately leaving the server as it was loading!

Here's a platinum team scrimming on Barnblitz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4oQQSemRu8

Two things to note, first, there's a really strong sentry spot on last that I didn't know about. Second, there's possibly a hole in the chain fence at last that a Sniper can snipe through. Will need to investigate later.

That sentry spot is good only if defended the way it was in the video. I use that spot a few times on GAF server but almost no one helps defend it.

If you don't want to watch the vid, it is the spot on the wooden boxes when you need a dispenser to get up there just outside left spawn on the last point.

Clydefrog

I log on GAF server by myself. These two join. This is normal for GAF? Ok.

uRaVb.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Last night I was playing all three rounds of hoodoo by myself so I could feel like I won a map before bed, and some random person joined and stayed for the second two maps. It was kind of cute.

Bluth54

Cloak and Dagger? Yuck!

I'm pretty sure that it's fairly common for spies to use Cloak and Dagger in 9v9 and mostly report on what the enemy is doing/how much health they have. Usually highlander teams communicate a lot so playing a spy like normal would get you killed pretty fast most of the time.

Here's a platinum team scrimming on Barnblitz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4oQQSemRu8

Two things to note, first, there's a really strong sentry spot on last that I didn't know about. Second, there's possibly a hole in the chain fence at last that a Sniper can snipe through. Will need to investigate later.

You know, as much as it is helpful when people call things out, it always sound so damn nerdy to me. I'll be calling this shit out too when we play Monday, but fuck, I'll feel like a nerd the entire time.

Sorry for the double post. I forgot I posted just a couple minutes ago. Oh god I'm going senile.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You know, as much as it is helpful when people call things out, it always sound so damn nerdy to me. I'll be calling this shit out too when we play Monday, but fuck, I'll feel like a nerd the entire time.

Sorry for the double post. I forgot I posted just a couple minutes ago. Oh god I'm going senile.

I'd rather hear what's going on then turn the corner and get hit with a kritz because some jerk too cool for teamplay kept it to himself.

Still...I'd rather a player be quiet than give bad advice...

I'm pretty sure that it's fairly common for spies to use Cloak and Dagger in 9v9 and mostly report on what the enemy is doing/how much health they have. Usually highlander teams communicate a lot so playing a spy like normal would get you killed pretty fast most of the time.

I don't think Solid even has the cloak and dagger. If he did, then I would lose all the respect I had for him.

Also, all hail our overlord Yeef, and his admin abuse.

PS. Stop teleporting me you jackass.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Congratulations, you too get to join the league of TF2 Gaffers who have had their 15 seconds of fame. You are up there with the likes of me, who semi-leaked the F2P TF2 announcement:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Free-to-play-team-fortress-steam-microtransactions-FPS,12972.html

Now stop sucking at Dota.

Also, I do wish Valve would add some more new maps some time soon. Only 2 maps in a year (Eyeduct and Gullywash don't count!), nether of which are that great.

Top Bottom