• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
If Borgnine is smart, he'll managed to link the youtube video to his song page, so the world can suddenly find out about his music.

COMPOSE MORE NOW

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
It's been nice playing with you guys and all, but I think I'm a little too big for the server now. Regulars won't be able to get in cause the paparazzis took all the slots.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn it Biebernine! You should've put all your goddamn sprays of us along the corridors! We would've been fuckin Internet Celebrities! (tm)!

Yeef

Wait

Commands are great. But some people will use wait

commands to do things they can't do themselves. That's when wait

commands are not so great commands.

Yeef

It's something people use to make more complex binds. It tells the game to wait X milliseconds before executing the next line in the bind. You can do stuff like sentry jumps with this.
I'm pretty sure it's actually wait X server ticks. TF2 is locked at 66.6666 ticks now, but in the past it wasn't and some servers would run at higher framerates, causing all sorts of wackiness with the wait command.

Alienups

So this means i've been dominated by a celebrity multiple times

goddamn, it isn't Tom Cruise like i always wanted but it's close enough.

It's something people use to make more complex binds. It tells the game to wait X milliseconds before executing the next line in the bind. You can do stuff like sentry jumps with this.
I was messing around with scripts and used a rapid fire stickies macro that uses the wait command.

Was banned for "cheating"... first time I've ever used it.

bind mouse1 +primary
bind mouse2 +secondary
alias "+secondary" "-reload;alias s_repit +s_repit;+s_repit;alias -p_repit primary2"
alias "s_repit" "+s_repit"
alias "+s_repit" "+attack2; wait 2; -s_repit"
alias "-s_repit" "-attack2; wait 10; s_repit"
alias "-secondary" "alias s_repit none;alias -p_repit primary1;+reload"
alias none ""
alias "+primary" "alias a_reload a_reload2;-reload;wait;alias +p_repit p_r1;alias p_repit +p_repit;+p_repit"
alias "p_repit" "+p_repit"
alias "+p_repit" "p_r1"
alias "-p_repit" "p_repit"
alias "-primary" "-attack;alias p_repit none;alias +p_repit p_r2;alias a_reload a_reload1;wait 10;a_reload"
alias p_r1 "+attack;wait 3;-p_repit"
alias p_r2 "-attack"
alias a_reload a_reload2
alias a_reload1 "+reload"
alias a_reload2 "-reload"
alias primary1 "p_repit"
alias primary2 "-attack;wait 3;p_repit"

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/scripting#WAIT

Kirsten

tumblr_lyj1bejIE41qf6ifj.gif

Panda bear... close enough. Thank you!

sixghost

I was messing around with scripts and used a rapid fire stickies macro that uses the wait command.

bind mouse1 +primary
bind mouse2 +secondary
alias "+secondary" "-reload;alias s_repit +s_repit;+s_repit;alias -p_repit primary2"
alias "s_repit" "+s_repit"
alias "+s_repit" "+attack2; wait 2; -s_repit"
alias "-s_repit" "-attack2; wait 10; s_repit"
alias "-secondary" "alias s_repit none;alias -p_repit primary1;+reload"
alias none ""
alias "+primary" "alias a_reload a_reload2;-reload;wait;alias +p_repit p_r1;alias p_repit +p_repit;+p_repit"
alias "p_repit" "+p_repit"
alias "+p_repit" "p_r1"
alias "-p_repit" "p_repit"
alias "-primary" "-attack;alias p_repit none;alias +p_repit p_r2;alias a_reload a_reload1;wait 10;a_reload"
alias p_r1 "+attack;wait 3;-p_repit"
alias p_r2 "-attack"
alias a_reload a_reload2
alias a_reload1 "+reload"
alias a_reload2 "-reload"
alias primary1 "p_repit"
alias primary2 "-attack;wait 3;p_repit"

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/scripting#WAIT
yeah I'd say that's probably cheating

Oreoleo

You weren't even banned, stop being a drama queen.

And don't come into the server blasting Call Me Maybe over mic and maybe we would have given you the benefit of the doubt.

After what I heard from multiple people about you in the server last week, you're on a very short leash

Boney

Banned

I... I see...

You weren't even banned, stop being a drama queen.

And don't come into the server blasting Call Me Maybe over mic and maybe we would have given you the benefit of the doubt.

After what I heard from multiple people about you in the server last week, you're on a very short leash
you're probably going overboard, I mean everyone loves to put bad songs and stuff.

If it is cheating then let's just promise to never do it again and dones

Oreoleo

It's not just about Call Me Maybe.

Last week the guy came on and by all accounts was a drunken obnoxious asshole.
This week he comes on, doesn't say hello and starts playing a song louder than anything else in the game. A song no one wants to hear. That's as good as trolling in my book. If it were Yasae or Borsalino or whatever I can let it slide, but this guy has got exactly 0 cache with us.

And then 5 minutes later the actual game says "Hey, this guy is probably cheating."

And you think kicking him from the server was going overboard? Idk man.

I didn't even ban him, he could have literally come right back if he'd even bothered to try.

Blizzard

Banned
Last week the guy came on and by all accounts was a drunken obnoxious asshole.
This is true as far as I'm aware.

This week he comes on, doesn't say hello and starts playing a song louder than anything else in the game. A song no one wants to hear. That's as good as trolling in my book. If it were Yasae or Borsalino or whatever I can let it slide, but this guy has got exactly 0 cache with us.
He played it at least twice, too!

And then 5 minutes later the actual game says "Hey, this guy is probably cheating."
Yeah, source mod anti-cheat was like, possible cheater or something.

On the bright side, he didn't spam the mic like that slur-spewing guy later on. He was like "Only a kick?" when he was warned, and Metaphorically ended up banning him. =P

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
On the bright side, he didn't spam the mic like that slur-spewing guy later on. He was like "Only a kick?" when he was warned, and Metaphorically ended up banning him. =P

I find it hilarious that he's basically taunting you about it, when the server is filled with mods.

Boney

Banned
I always thought the "time to drink" was funny and added in playfulnes. Was a pretty good night for me that day. I wasn't aware everyone thought it was obnoxious (?)

And he came in with an terrible song just to dick around because, as far I can tell, the server is a place to hang around, play tf2 and dick around.

Honestly it's like we're going at this like babies, instead of just saying hey that's considered cheating don't do that, we're having a huge bickering.

It's not as simple as just coming back on once you're kicked from a place because you get flustered and it's insulting. The whole situation is just being badly handled and blown up of proportion

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Guys all of this is irrelevant, we should be discussing how we're going to defeat the Covenant.

Oreoleo

Honestly it's like we're going at this like babies, instead of just saying hey that's considered cheating don't do that, we're having a huge bickering.

You're the only one being argumentative about it. Everyone else seems to think I made the right call.

Top Bottom