• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Forkball

I expected something more epic today, but the Adult Swim announcement kind of confirmed nothing revealing this week. Meet the Pyro will hot next Thursday if I had to guess.

Edit: supposedly the Memphis are morse code for "Monday."

Yeef

Told you!

They could still do a blog post week that leads up to a big update on Thursday. There's no way they release whatever the next big update is without doing it that way.

Also, for the new page:

Attention, Jankers!

Do you enjoy the server, but don't want to be a Javaman and give me free games out of the blue? The have I got a proposition for you!

Details
A good friend of mine owns a hobby store and just recently found out about Mission: Small Business; a joint venture between Chase and LivingSocial (whatever that is) to give 12 $250,000 grants to small businesses around the country. In order to be eligible your business has to get at least 250 votes by June 30. Apparently this thing started back in May, but since he only just found out about it, he needs to get the 250 votes over the next week or so.

"What does he plan to do with the money if he wins?" you may be thinking. Well, the idea is to rent a low-cost warehouse and covert it into an indoor dirt 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale track for remote control cars. Something that's sorely lacking in our area.

What to Do
  • Go to missionsmallbusiness.com and click "Login & Support" in the lower right. You'll be asked to sign in with your Facebook account.
  • Search for HobbyTown USA in Nanuet, NY (make sure you get the right one; there's also one in Nashua, [some state that's not New York]).
  • Click "Vote."
  • That's it.

Normally, I wouldn't post something like this, but since there's such a short deadline for him, I figured I'd help him out. So consider it a favor to me.

I did the voting, Yerf.

5XFzh.gif

Well I decided to go on a crafting spree with my metal. I ended up with an Infernal Impaler and a Medic Mirror. Anyone want to trade em for something?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Voted!

And the timing for Demoman pogo jumping finally clicked for me. :D Gotta practice till I can do air pogo then the Sticky Jumper will be a ton of fun, haha.

Proven

UGC Scrim for tomorrow at 9pm EST

Bad news: Looks like neither DogWelder nor I will be on tomorrow night.

Oreo and Accidante are the other captains, I think, so one of you two will need to organize this. It's against team Mantrain again, and their captain's name is Kumori. Here's his steam id so you can friend him: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kumorishinpi/

connect 68.232.182.24:27015; password loldongs

Funny news: DogWelder is banned.

Proven

They are terrible, no point.

At this point we need the practice anyway. We're either going to face a team on Monday that has no idea what they're doing or we're going to face a team that had a decent practice partner. We haven't played against any halfway coordinated group yet on tf2lobby, and that's one thing Mantrain at least does, coordinate.

I just don't want to get rolled on Vitalism, even if everybody thinks it's a bad map. I think our biggest weakness right now is coordination and DM skill.

Oreoleo

Oreo and Accidante are the other captains, I think, so one of you two will need to organize this. It's against team Mantrain again, and their captain's name is Kumori. Here's his steam id so you can friend him: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kumorishinpi/

I might not be around, we'll see.

Blizzard

Banned

Why was DogWelder banned. o_O

I might be around at 9 tomorrow, depends whether I'm out for a movie.

Forkball

0EWL8.jpg

Day one on Monday, Meet the Pyro and update hits on Thursday. Now if we can get through these useless days known as a "weekend."

Proven

UGC highlander problem

Steve and Snacks can't do Monday's match. Which means we're without both our Scouts.

So, we need a volunteer. If your class' backup is available, you can volunteer for Scout and have your backup play your usual class for the match.

Scout is vital for vitalism, pun intended. It's possible for a Scout to be in and out of the intel room in about 5 seconds. The sides of the map are super open, similar to Harvest, and a Scout with good deathmatching skills can dominate half the opposing team. So, if you want to do this, you need to try and get good quick. Kuro will tutor you.

DogWelder suggested wartime, Oreo suggested Accidante, and I suggested NSQuote. So, I'm mostly expecting one of you three. Anyone want to step up to the challenge?

Edit: Accidante volunteered. Practice up.

NSQuote used to be a hell of a scout... when he played the class...

Yeah, sorry I can't do it guys. Family reunion next week.

Also Vitalism is fun.

And Kuro never tutored me :(

Edit: Good on you accidante! Good luck all.

Proven

Ugh, everybody has lives outside of TF2-GAF. An increasingly large number of people are turning out to be busy for Saturday night. I might have to call the scrim off, but I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to be sure, and then try to set up something for Sunday or even Monday afternoon if people get off early enough.

Truth is, my life is so busy I barely make it to a Monday night game + one other night a week of TF2. I think I mentioned this to Dog, but I won't be able to make it Saturday for sure.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta practice scootin' again...
We can dm if ya need it...goddamn fuckin scrub.

Steve, you're losewood for a reason, you refuse to listen and refuse to put on the srs bsns pants.

People say Cloudius or Mr. Pro ping coconut eater who can't swim is hugely improved cause he listens.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
1. I usually play at a low volume or muted as I play while watching a movie or tv.

2. I don't know what half of that sentence means.

3. I am a very good listener!
And you're a self contradicting troll

You play distracted. You have volume muted. But you're a good listener?! Lulwut?!

Top Bottom