• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
Looks like the Scorch Shot taunt shoots in the direction you were aiming at.
Yep. I didn't ever hit anyone with it but I assume it does the normal damage and knockback, making it the longest taunt you can hit someone with.

Unfortunately it does so little damage it's unlikely to hurt anyone (-3 from fire?), unless it minicrits flaming people or something.

Forkball

I crafted all my junk into six piles of ash which netted me a lollichop and five crates. I opened two crates and got two strange lollichops. FFS Valve, FFS.

If anyone wants to trade me stuff go ahead and message me, I have a lot of metal and uh, strange lollichops.

In the right hand, the Beggar's Bazooka is deadly. I think it slightly longer than a demo that can shoot and detonate stickies, it slightly the same feel. With Kritz shoot one rocket at a time, someone with good aim and practice with kill an entire team.

In Kritzkrieg situation, it seems better to give to a soldier with the Beggar's Bazooka than a Regular rocket launcher. From what i tested anyways.

Forkball

So a ton of new sound files were found in the update, dealing with MVM. Some samples because there's just too many:

"sound\mvm\giant_heavy\giant_heavy_gunwindup.w av"
"sound\mvm\giant_heavy\giant_heavy_gunwinddown.wav "
"sound\mvm\giant_heavy\giant_heavy_gunfire.wav "
"sound\mvm\giant_heavy\giant_heavy_gunspin.wav "
"sound\mvm\giant_soldier\giant_soldier_rocket_shoo t.wav"
"sound\mvm\giant_soldier\giant_soldier_rocket_expl ode.wav"
"sound\mvm\mvm_bomb_warning.wav"
"sound\mvm\mvm_bomb_warning.wav"
"sound\music\mvm_end_wave.wav"
"sound\music\mvm_end_tank_wave.wav"
"sound\music\mvm_end_mid_wave.wav"
"sound\music\mvm_end_last_wave.wav"
"sound\mvm\sentrybuster\mvm_sentrybuster_spin. wav"
"sound\mvm\sentrybuster\mvm_sentrybuster_spin. wav"
"sound\mvm\mvm_deploy_small.wav"
"sound\mvm\mvm_deploy_giant.wav"

"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_bomb_destroyed01.wav""sound\vo\heavy_mvm_bomb_upgrade01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_bomb_upgrade02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead04.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead05.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead06.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead07.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_class_is_dead08.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_bomb_see02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_bomb_see01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_sniper01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_sentry_buster01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_sentry_buster02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_stand_alone01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_stand_alone02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_collect_credits04.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_collect_credits01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_collect_credits02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_collect_credits03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_encourage_upgrade01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_encourage_upgrade02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_encourage_upgrade03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_get_upgrade01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_get_upgrade02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_get_upgrade03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_get_upgrade04.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_get_upgrade05.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_get_upgrade06.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_giant_robot04.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_giant_robot03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_robot_sapped01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_robot_sapped02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_close_call01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_close_call02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_tank_alert01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_tank_dead01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_tank_deploy01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_tank_alert02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_tank_alert03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_taunt01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_taunt02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_wave_end01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_wave_end02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_wave_end03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_wave_end04.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_wave_end05.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_giant_robot02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_giant_robot01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_rage01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_rage02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_rage03.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_rage04.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_kill_rocket01.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_kill_rocket02.wav"
"sound\vo\heavy_mvm_kill_rocket03.wav"

That says heavy, but they seem to be for every class too. Something to note is that robots could be sapped.

Also the secret stuff in Doomsday:

Doomsday_secret.jpg

Doomsday_secret_map.png

Doomsday_secret_closer_look.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. I didn't ever hit anyone with it but I assume it does the normal damage and knockback, making it the longest taunt you can hit someone with.

Unfortunately it does so little damage it's unlikely to hurt anyone (-3 from fire?), unless it minicrits flaming people or something.

The taunt seems to be a kill taunt, from what I've seen in-game while messing around with it.

Also, isn't the Sandman's kill taunt the longest one?

Proven

Based on the secret files of the senate hearing, and the Announcer's [redacted], I have to guess that Man Vs. Machine is being saved as a last hoorah update. Or, in other words, it's the "end" of TF2's story. What we've been building up to all of these years as we learned about all the characters and backstories.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Based on the secret files of the senate hearing, and the Announcer's [redacted], I have to guess that Man Vs. Machine is being saved as a last hoorah update. Or, in other words, it's the "end" of TF2's story. What we've been building up to all of these years as we learned about all the characters and backstories.

Could be (though I doubt it will be the end.) Speaking of TF2 and robots, here are some TF2 robot heads taken from Source Filmmaker (not my pics.)

Oh no, this definitely won't be the last update. Just another massive one.

Forkball

No way, TF2 makes Valve a lot of money, I doubt they'd stop making major updates out of the blue. Plus after they introduce MVM, of course they're will be more maps for that node and others.

Proven

No way, TF2 makes Valve a lot of money, I doubt they'd stop making major updates out of the blue. Plus after they introduce MVM, of course they're will be more maps for that node and others.

It wouldn't necessarily be the end of updates. We'd still get Halloween and Christmas stuff. But it's the big thing in TF2's story that they've been working up to for the longest while. Why has the Announcer been getting the two teams to fight each other, over and over, never for one side to win or die, and keeping the RED and BLU CEO's alive?

This will be the event. We're going to have to save the world.

Robot chicken was actually the exact point adult swim started to suck. True fact.

They should give me a sealab hat. Or a brak hat. Or a 12 oz mouse hat.

Blizzard

Banned
The taunt seems to be a kill taunt, from what I've seen in-game while messing around with it.

Also, isn't the Sandman's kill taunt the longest one?
I mean the longest distance to damage someone. The heavy taunt is ranged, but shorter distance. The new flare taunt goes a really long way though.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Hey En Ex. When did you get here?!
My account was approved today! :D

I mean the longest distance to damage someone. The heavy taunt is ranged, but shorter distance. The new flare taunt goes a really long way though.
Ah, ok. Yeah, it has a pretty impressive range on it. That plus the Matrix reference makes it all the more awesome!

What's not awesome is how Valve broke up item sets for this update.

corn_fest

This update is great. I'm glad they finally did some balancing, the new weapons are fun for the most part, and I like the short rounds of the new map.
Unfortunately, my DX11 graphics card has decided that it only wants to be identified as DX8. Oh well...

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Scorch Shot was part of "The Professional Pyro Equipment Pack," which included a melee item and a hat.

Business Casual was part of "The Shady Character" set for the Spy, which included the Sneaky Spats of Sneaking which were added a few weeks ago, but also a hat which was not accepted.

The most egregious of the omissions, however, centers around the Dumpster Pack/Junkyard Justice set for the Soldier. The Beggar's Bazooka got in, as did the hat and the misc, but the alternate style for the hat, the shotgun, the melee, and the backpack secondary (a flag, backpack, and bugle) were all rejected.

It's frustrating because the Dumpster Pack was shown last year as finally getting in, then radio silence for months, then only part of it gets in.

BlackJace

RED works for Redmond Mann, and BLU works for Blutarch Mann (brothers.)

I know, but in the official Wiki, it says that the RED demoman and BLU soldier's friendship was sabotaged intentionally by the Administrator because "they would reveal information about their jobs, and eventually find out they're working for the same person".

And I'm willing to bet "the same person" is the one who got the third life-extender made for them.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I know, but in the official Wiki, it says that the RED demoman and BLU soldier's friendship was sabotaged intentionally by the Administrator because "they would reveal information about their jobs, and eventually find out they're working for the same person".

And I'm willing to bet "the same person" is the one who got the third life-extended made for them.

That's true, I had completely forgotten about that.

That probably ties into this picture, then!

Proven

Uh, so you guys know, it's the Announcer. She handles both teams. She's the one everybody calls the bosslady. The third life-extender is still a mystery, assumed to be for Abe Lincoln.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
You guys know we're playing a cartoon right? Stop turning this in to the Mass Effect thread.

Lhadatt

I was able to hit a sniper with the taunt from a considerable distance and for -15.

I don't care about the reduced damage, the Scorch Shot's quicker flare shell speed is going to irritate snipers to no end. And irritation is what I typically aim for. :)

Proven

I was able to hit a sniper with the taunt from a considerable distance and for -15.

I don't care about the reduced damage, the Scorch Shot's quicker flare shell speed is going to irritate snipers to no end. And irritation is what I typically aim for. :)

You know what already had a quicker flare speed? The Manmelter. That got updated too, if I recall. Graphically at least.

Maddocks

my pyrovision isn't working. even on the maps they have it for. team mates are getting the achievement, but not me sadly.

Top Bottom