• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

AcciDante

98CC2C51F4FFC996215FA5F2438D11A322DA505D

Balloonicorn attack!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
GGs tonight. At least Yeef got no enjoyment when he got kills on me while I was Demoman. :p

And I'm sorry to any medics I randomly jumped away from without warning or whose charges I wasted because I was reloading... should really dig up my mic when playing on the Jank. ^^;

Yeef

My Gorge replay is corrupt. I don't remember what it was even about.

My Steel and Upward replays are rendering.

P.S. Grimm is a jerk!

My Gorge replay is corrupt. I don't remember what it was even about.

My Steel and Upward replays are rendering.

P.S. Grimm is a jerk!

It was probably just replays of me killing you over and over again. I don't need to see the replays, I'll just play it over and over in my mind.

why is Cashwork not loading for me :(
just stuck on retrieving server info.

Ever since the server was changed to the prefinal version, I haven't been able to get it to load at all either. It's broken.

YUP.
The few rounds I played went as expected....terrible.
Feel bad bout my mistakes especially poor borgnine got stuck with my terribad med skillz a few times.

Not sure what my Jank was about I had a 30 ping and running on average 45+ fps with a few dips...couldnt find the problem, ill look into it some more.

Meh a few more nights and ill suck less (which is the best youll get from me!!!)

YUP.
The few rounds I played went as expected....terrible.
Feel bad bout my mistakes especially poor borgnine got stuck with my terribad med skillz a few times.

Not sure what my Jank was about I had a 30 ping and running on average 45+ fps with a few dips...couldnt find the problem, ill look into it some more.

Meh a few more nights and ill suck less (which is the best youll get from me!!!)
The jank comes from the server. It's not called that for no reason.

Yeef

I never said anything about a laggy medic tonight. I did hear someone else say "that blue medic is laggy" at one point, but I don't remember who it was.

Also, that Gorge match just now was infuriating. It felt like me and alien were the only ones actually pushing. We got off like 2 or 3 ubers and no one ever followed us.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

Not good enough, give me items.

Seriously though I didn't even notice. I don't count on medics so any healing I get is just a bonus. You should probably uber someone who you can coordinate over mic with though. Unless it's Kritz Beggar's Bazooka at the spawn door cause that shit is great.

I never said anything about a laggy medic tonight. I did hear someone else say "that blue medic is laggy" at one point, but I don't remember who it was.

IT WAS YOU!!!

My apologies, thought it was you for some reason.

Regardless Im looking into it today just to double check everything and build up my self esteem a bit on pubs from the beatdowns I took at jank

Kirsten

Not good enough, give me items.

Seriously though I didn't even notice. I don't count on medics so any healing I get is just a bonus. You should probably uber someone who you can coordinate over mic with though. Unless it's Kritz Beggar's Bazooka at the spawn door cause that shit is great.

You are seriously the worst to heal ever....ever. It is like your number one goal is to rocket jump away once I krit you. That's why I love fallengorn twice as much as you.

Borgnine

You are seriously the worst to heal ever....ever. It is like your number one goal is to rocket jump away once I krit you. That's why I love fallengorn twice as much as you.

That's only because Fallengorn doesn't know how to rocket jump (I love how this has become a thing). Also I don't even rocket jump anymore, I'll probably forget how.

edit: gtfo sajajajajaja

Blizzard

Banned
This really is the worst thing about soldiers. It's like the overheal triggers some primitive urge of "Hey, now I can rocket jump without repercussion [to myself, that dumb medic is going to die though]".

That's only because Fallengorn doesn't know how to rocket jump (I love how this has become a thing).

I take full personal credit for spearheading this movement.

Every soldier should at least learn how to rocket jump off of parallel walls from the ground. You move through the map a hundred times faster and you'll help build uber too, useful for things like moving through a map with 8 control points... We should stage an intervention and play nothing but jump maps on the GAF server for a week.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be cool if everyone learned how to jump then I'd actually have the chance to practice airshots. And even people who don't play Soldier or Demo could benefit from trying out a couple of jump maps just to pick up air strafing so they can better surf explosions and whatnot.

Hop on over to Jujump iT! sometime (TF2Jump.com's beginner server - 74.91.113.66:27015) and try out simpler maps... For both classes, jump_rush is a good starting point. For Soldiers, jump_beef, rj_rckteer, and jump_adventure and for Demos, jump_speed and jump_bob_fixed.

Borgnine

Not parallel walls WITH the ground. I was using "from" as a preposition to indicate where the action was starting (in this case rocket jumping) not as a point of reference to indicate the location of the wall, smarty pants.

But if I rocket jump up and then again against a wall, I only have 1 rocket left.

Proven

But if I rocket jump up and then again against a wall, I only have 1 rocket left.

Go Cow Mangler. If you're going to jump into people's faces anyway, 10% less damage is still going kill them, and maybe leave you with 4 more health.

Then when you have 4 health left and can't jump, you just charge shot from a distance.

Borgnine

Go Cow Mangler. If you're going to jump into people's faces anyway, 10% less damage is still going kill them, and maybe leave you with 4 more health.

Then when you have 4 health left and can't jump, you just charge shot from a distance.

I only right click Cow Mangler, sorry. It's part of handicapping myself cause I'm so good.

Sianos

You don't have to jump up to do a wall jump. You can do a quick horizontal jump off the wall to go faster and charge uber.
If you want height AND distance you can do a vertical jump, then a horizontal wall jump. For example, if I were to rollout to A on Standin I would do a horizontal wall jump through the hallway, then rocket jump up and wall jump onto the point in the open area while raining down rockets..

Rocket jumping is super important and has a myriad of uses. You can rollout to mid faster, you can jump into and out of fights, you can divebomb people, you can charge uber while keeping up with your Medic. Most importantly, GOTTA GO FAST!

I would suggest we start running some basic jump maps on the server and everyone into Soldier try to make it through at least the first two levels of jump_adventure.

On the subject of the server, <3 to Yeef for updating Cashworks and adding Warmfront.

AcciDante

Nah yeef called me out particularly I believe (50-50 shot there were only 2 blue medics). I felt the lag at a couple points but figured it was server end till yeef said something.

Pretty sure that was me on doomsday, and it turns out it wasn't lag. I thought it was until it happened again. When people are standing on the lift and it's going up, the models kind of spaz out like someone with an awful connection and it makes it a nightmare to snipe.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I take full personal credit for spearheading this movement.

Every soldier should at least learn how to rocket jump off of parallel walls from the ground. You move through the map a hundred times faster and you'll help build uber too, useful for things like moving through a map with 8 control points... We should stage an intervention and play nothing but jump maps on the GAF server for a week.

I actually downloaded some jump maps but haven't really dove into them since free time is sparse.

And at this point I just want to fix my connection issues first. Playing with fluctuating ping is rage inducing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be cool if everyone learned how to jump then I'd actually have the chance to practice airshots. And even people who don't play Soldier or Demo could benefit from trying out a couple of jump maps just to pick up air strafing so they can better surf explosions and whatnot.

Hop on over to Jujump iT! sometime (TF2Jump.com's beginner server - 74.91.113.66:27015) and try out simpler maps... For both classes, jump_rush is a good starting point. For Soldiers, jump_beef, rj_rckteer, and jump_adventure and for Demos, jump_speed and jump_bob_fixed.

Argh...cannot...rocket jump...
but neither can Failuregorn :D

Update.

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added new options for Pyrovision to the Advanced Options dialog
Added enable/disable for the HUD border
Added the ability to make the HUD border static
Added the ability to turn off the skybox depth of field
Fixed The Sandvich and The Buffalo Steak Sandvich using the wrong models when thrown
Fixed not seeing the blue team skin for the Robot Chicken Hat
Fixed not seeing team colors on the sleeves for The Equalizer and The Escape Plan
Fixed The Escape Plan allowing medic calls
Fixed The Beggar's Bazooka exploding on random targets in the world when overloading
Fixed The Hitman's Heatmaker bodyshot damage penalty affecting the Sniper's other weapons
Fixed The Amputator's radius heal effect applying to players who have The Escape Plan deployed
Fixed the Rainblower taunt attacking players through walls
Optimized the Rainblower taunt particles
Updated Sd_Doomsday
Fixed rocket lid staying open sometimes after a player drops the Australium on the lift
Fixed case where the lift could continue traveling up when a player with the Australium died at the same time he touched the lift
Updated the localization files
Updated the gamehaptics file:
Added recoil/reload/draw/crit forces for the Baby Face's Blaster
Added new recoil forces for The Beggar's Bazooka, The Cleaner's Carbine, The Hitman's Heatmaker, The Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol and The Scorch Shot
Added more detail to the reloads for the Scattergun, the Baby Face's Blaster, the SMG, and The Cleaner's Carbine

Top Bottom