• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

thefro

So we are home this week in UGC on canalzone versus D.E.X.

http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=4336

http://steamcommunity.com/id/absoluterussian/

Current Roster:
Starters:
Scout - absoluterussian
Sniper - Cookies <3
Soldier - Mr. Infernow
Pyro - Amtyk
Heavy - Slavisaurus
Demo - quantum²
Medic - FruitySnacks
Engineer - GEQ
Spy - Scarlatto

Subs/Backups:
Scout - The Sauce Boss ( can do heavy )
Sniper -
Soldier - MnBran6
Pyro - TamaBlama //
Heavy - ^Viet ( can do sniper )
Demo -
Medic -
Engineer -
Spy -

Looking at their stats, we should be okay DM-wise. Just need to know the map and have some kind of strategy.

Firebrand

I got 2 scorch shots from about 5 ashes...and a bunch of crates.
Was this on the same account? I thought you were guaranteed an item on the first one but then only crates after that.
EDIT: Looking at a youtube "uncrating" clip, seems I was wrong.

Sianos

Even though I won't be playing I'll still join in on the Highlander strategy talk just to help brainstorm ideas and refine plans.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Getting some good drops lately... got a Fast Learner and Fancy Dress Uniform the past couple of days. :D

Also, does anyone want Scorched Crates? I have of 36 of them. :S

Anybody here interested in a Bastion key?
Guess you didn't find the time to play it, eh?

Proven

Ok, Canalzone isn't as bad as I thought it was. But you have to learn the map. You have to learn the map. You have to learn the map. You have to learn the map.

There's a center area (Fountain/Library/Balcony), the side path (Blue Warehouse/Archroom/Boathouse/Red Warehouse), and the dinky little Small Warehouse.

Small Warehouse is connected to the Fountain, so it can be capped as an afterthought. Most of the fighting will be in the other two areas. I'm starting to like it, now that I'm staying on the side paths more.

Still need to run some lobbies tonight.

Sianos

I think these guys are better...

edit: Analzone fucking sucks. I was on a highlander the other day with this. Playing as a medic is fuckin infuriating as there are so many places to go, absolutely no coordination, and no strategy.

Analzone is only bad if your team doesn't know the map and gets lost or just does the wrong thing. Think Steel, but bigger and a little more complicated.

The goal is to capture and hold as many points as you can. Each team has points on their side, with the fountain as a middle ground. Your goal is to take fountain and encroach upon "their" points while defending fountain and "your" points.

I quite like it, but I don't think it'll ever be played outside of competitive ever due to the higher than average learning curve for the map.

ipOkYGPninQk0.png

RIP Borgnine

Blizzard

Banned
What's even worse is when someone saves a teammate who clearly DESERVED to die, and when it would have been FUNNY. Like, I'm about to scout tauntkill a sniper off the 2fort battlement, why would you save a sniper like that. Just let him fly!

Trade for a bunch of cool stuff instead of buds with them.

Problem is I have everything I want. Well I want an unusual Flamboyant Flamenco now. That is pretty much the last thing I want and my days of keys in tf2 will be over. Unless I can get a low tier one now. Which I would happily do.

Edit:OK Maybe no flies or nutz and bolts but anything else I would like.

Alienups

Problem is I have everything I want. Well I want an unusual Flamboyant Flamenco now. That is pretty much the last thing I want and my days of keys in tf2 will be over. Unless I can get a low tier one now. Which I would happily do.

Finding one for 35 keys would be hard. The hat itself is the highest pyro tier. IIRC, even ones with low tier effects tend to go for around double what you have at the moment.

Finding one for 35 keys would be hard. The hat itself is the highest pyro tier. IIRC, even ones with low tier effects tend to go for around double what you have at the moment.

Yea every site has different prices it's so confusing >.< I might just save up. Get more idle accounts maybe... We will see!

At least on this map I don't have to play support Pyro.

Should we plan to meet up on Mumble an hour before the game to discuss strategy? Maybe we can also do the Scout game suggested by Moose.

Javaman

Yeah, good luck! We'll be rooting for you from the sidelines.

In honor of "Real pic July" I'm going to have a contest. Let's make sprays of our shittiest real pictures. Whoever has the worst by Friday night will get their choice of a $5 steam game. Only rules are that it's got to be a real pic of you and no photo editing apart from crop/resize/etc. Hopefully this week kicks off the Steam summer sale but if not the winner can wait for a sale on the game they would like.

Top Bottom