• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
Oh man, real Java is going to be staring at me for a month? :( You're like Albert Einstein with the tongue out and everything.

Yeah, good luck! We'll be rooting for you from the sidelines.

In honor of "Real pic July" I'm going to have a contest. Let's make sprays of our shittiest real pictures. Whoever has the worst by Friday night will get their choice of a $5 steam game. Only rules are that it's got to be a real pic of you and no photo editing apart from crop/resize/etc. Hopefully this week kicks off the Steam summer sale but if not the winner can wait for a sale on the game they would like.

I'm not alone anymore! *Fistbump*

In honor of "Real pic July" I'm going to have a contest. Let's make sprays of our shittiest real pictures. Whoever has the worst by Friday night will get their choice of a $5 steam game. Only rules are that it's got to be a real pic of you and no photo editing apart from crop/resize/etc. Hopefully this week kicks off the Steam summer sale but if not the winner can wait for a sale on the game they would like.

oh jeez

Kirsten

So Borgnine can archive it and turn it into a spray that will haunt me forever? Umm...no thanks :)

Clydefrog

i'm going to win. you just wait and see. i already know the picture in mind i'm going to use.

where do i sign?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
He probably already has spy satellite pictures of us all. Clearly your paranoidness is unwarranted.

B9KMt.jpg

Kirsten's house.

Oh, this is interesting. I have the perfect pic to use :p

Sianos

Apparently this sort of thing isn't just a myth but ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

I feel honored to have gone through the Steam initiation of attempted scamming, kind of offended he or she thought I was that gullible, and amused at their attempts at backpedalling and poor grammar for a supposed "steam owner".

I feel honored to have gone through the Steam initiation of attempted scamming, kind of offended he or she thought I was that gullible, and amused at their attempts at backpedalling and poor grammar for a supposed "steam owner".
"or whatever"

Smoooooth

Clydefrog

wow you fucking missed out on some free games

Sianos

"or whatever"

Smoooooth

I was trying to speak the cod kid lingo so he would think I was one of them, share more information, and further incriminate himself! It was a plan that didn't work, but made me laugh. Therefore, it is still a success in my eyes.

FC6CD33B35B6DD632FE014414AF02BEB04FF12AB

I hate Bronies.

Bronies are fine in my eyes as long as they aren't obnoxious and start screaming about how much they love My Little Pony in irrelevant situations looking for attention. I don't so much mind that they enjoy My Little Pony as much as I do the fact that they're just being flat-out annoying about it.

Lobby people suck >.<

Lobbies are a mixed bag: sometimes you have a great game and sometimes you have one that's just really bad. I usually only play lobbies if I have someone from GAF playing with me.

wow you fucking missed out on some free games

Add this fellow, and ask for James, the owner of Steam and his three free games.

I bet they were all going to be Bad Rats anyways.

attempted scamming has happen to me before :eek:

Also Fatman is low tier :)

The first time I saw fatman is the first time I realized that mgs2 is shit. I still hold that opinion today. So thanks fatman, for being the shit stain on an otherwise great series. Yes, 4 is a masterpiece compared to 2.

Yeef

What does polearm mean, anyway? TF2-wise.
It's a running gag from the days of Yore. I don't remember who started it, but I'm going to say Spaceboy.

Since TF2 melee is ridiculously bad at hit detection and lag compensation, sometimes (often) people will kill you with a melee from far outside of the melee range. Someone made the joke that they had bought the Polearm DLC and that's why they could hit form so far away. It just sort of stuck from there.

Profanity in names and the chat are both unnecessary and not classy. It also lowers your chances of getting casted by just about every popular caster. I advertised our demo at first as being profanity free, forgetting about Quote's outburst in the chat. Let's try to do better for the next one.

I WAS ONLY KIDDING PLEASE KEEP ME AS YOUR FAVORITE TF2 GAFFER!

Good luck tonight GAF.

I actually just had someone try to scam me last night. It was hilarious since he was trying to use a phishing type scam but he didn't even bother to hide the URL with a Tinyurl or anything. I just laughed and immediately blocked him.

Oreoleo

Hmmm, do I dare show the world my freshman yearbook photo?

Probably not.

AcciDante

Can someone be ready to alt for me tonight in case I can't get back home in time? Got car issues to deal with. I think I'll be back in time, but just want to make sure to not screw you guys.

Oreoleo

AND dibs issues, you greedy motherfucker!

Tell me about it! Fucking guy calls dibs on everything!

RPS put a new review of TF2 up today: 857 hours later..

So what do I think of Team Fortress 2? Well, I think that describing something that lurches in as many directions as Team Fortress 2 is genuinely problematic. It&#8217;s a well-made, class-driven shooter. But it&#8217;s also now a game set up for fans to make money, and a tool for machinima, and an avant garde exercise in storytelling and game design. It&#8217;s an experiment. A laboratory and a shop at the same time.

And pinning it all together is a shooter, one that&#8217;s become part of my daily routine, and describing it is like describing breathing. It&#8217;s just something I do.

It's a good read.

My family has 4 cars and 3 of them are old pieces of crap!

I will be back in time and should be there. Almost home now, but my car has to be picked up later. Should be good for tonight now.

You didn't lose the car in another Evo match bet and you're just trying to save face with this intricate web of lies are you?

If anyone wants an easy way to earn metal instead of having to idle on alt accounts, just bet metal on evo matches with Assidente. I'll be expecting that refined you owe me any time now.

Top Bottom