• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yasae

Banned
ipOkYGPninQk0.png

RIP Borgnine
Finally the old bastard keels over. He left me everything - don't ask why or how.

What is that?

Direct X 8

in the launch option in Steam for TF2, type:

-dxlevel 81

Launch the game, change the vid settings to your liking, join a server to see how well it works, exit game, remove the said command from launch options.

inputting -dxlevel 90 will change it back to Direct X 9 if 8 doesn't suit you.

Direct X 8

in the launch option in Steam for TF2, type:

-dxlevel 81

Launch the game, change the vid settings to your liking, join a server to see how well it works, exit game, remove the said command from launch options.

inputting -dxlevel 90 will change it back to Direct X 9 if 8 doesn't suit you.

...I'm just going to nod and pretend that I know what you're saying.

Sianos

Good luck with C analzone, remember to keep capping and recapping the outlier points and to run the Pain Train. Focus on strategy and I'm sure we'll do great!

thefro

gg lads (and oreo)

It was basically the KSRF season in a nutshell

Round 1: We rolled em, DogWelder says "there's no way we're going to lose on Red" in the Mumble spectators chat
Round 2: Got rolled in embarassing fashion (other team actually capped all 8 points, which should be impossible).
Round 3: Edge out a win

Sianos

Great job on our fourth win! The "hardest" map is behind us now.

Blue team has a slight advantage on C analzone: they have less points but an easier time pushing and holding.

Did you have an "outburst" and use some naughty words, Oreo? :O I kid, I kid. I'm assuming you did excellent as always.

My laptop always gets really hot to the touch while it's running games. I just closed TF2 and ran Speccy, and this is the temp reading:

fnWaA.png

Is that bad?

Alienups

That's pretty bad yeah. Running that hot ain't good for your parts and drastically shortens their lifespan. Try cleaning your laptop out with a can of compressed air.

Blizzard

Banned
My laptop always gets really hot to the touch while it's running games. I just closed TF2 and ran Speccy, and this is the temp reading:

Is that bad?
I'm surprised it's not painfully hot. Elevating the bottom of the laptop, lowering some settings, and/or using one of those silly laptop fan cooler plates can all help.

I'm no expert but my general feeling is that anything over 60C is the danger zone for a CPU, and anything over 70-80C is the danger zone for a GPU. For short periods of time or with different parts you might get lucky (I had an old card that I'd forget to crank the fan on, and it would end up at 100C or more). But especially with a laptop, if one part goes down you are probably unlikely to be able to just swap that part, so be careful if you can.

AcciDante

After watching the other teams' demo's stream, I think we definitely only won because we were blue twice. They stomped us good when they were blue (wasn't because of the pause), and kept it relatively close when we were blue.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
After watching the other teams' demo's stream, I think we definitely only won because we were blue twice. They stomped us good when they were blue (wasn't because of the pause), and kept it relatively close when we were blue.

I don't think it helped that we were pretty disorganized on red. We should've played more defensively at first. But yeah, it's unbalanced.

DogWelder

Okay so, next week's roster for koth_waste:

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: Quotey
Pyro: sixghost
Demo: wartime
Heavy: me
Engineer: thefro
Medic: Proven
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake

Please confirm if you can play next week.

FTR, no-one is getting cut, you'll be fine, y'all are grown-ass men.

Yeef

Team Generated.

For serious this time, I plan on writing the script to re-balance teams tomorrow during the day, so don't be surprised if, after someone drops, you end up on the other team (you'll still be the same class).

Game is tomorrow at 8:30 PM Eastern time. Check the group event to see your local time.

RED TEAM 4691.1 points
Scout: DJ Crimson
Soldier: air horn homer
Pyro: The Confidence-Man
Demoman: Joe Carter
Heavy: AlienTheCarpenter
Engineer: Woobie
Medic: Javaman
Sniper: Blizzard
Spy: IceCream

BLU TEAM 4676.28 points
Scout: dygbert