• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

My laptop always gets really hot to the touch while it's running games. I just closed TF2 and ran Speccy, and this is the temp reading:

fnWaA.png

Is that bad?

haha damn, you should really dust out your laptop. Open it and clean it out and replace the thermal paste.

AcciDante

Okay so, next week's roster for koth_waste:

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: Quotey
Pyro: sixghost
Demo: wartime
Heavy: me
Engineer: thefro
Medic: Proven
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake

Please confirm if you can play next week.

FTR, no-one is getting cut, you'll be fine, y'all are grown-ass men.
wut

Team Generated.

For serious this time, I plan on writing the script to re-balance teams tomorrow during the day, so don't be surprised if, after someone drops, you end up on the other team (you'll still be the same class).

Game is tomorrow at 8:30 PM Eastern time. Check the group event to see your local time.

RED TEAM 4691.1 points
Scout: DJ Crimson
Soldier: air horn homer
Pyro: The Confidence-Man
Demoman: Joe Carter
Heavy: AlienTheCarpenter
Engineer: Woobie
Medic: Javaman
Sniper: Blizzard
Spy: IceCream

BLU TEAM 4676.28 points
Scout: dygbert
Soldier: :HIT: EmptyCanO'wupass
Pyro: thefro [KSRF]
Demoman: wartime [KSRF]
Heavy: Naoto Shirogane
Engineer: Cloudius
Medic: InfectedZero
Sniper: Boney
Spy: Rokkit
Needed more people my ass. Look at all those alternates.

Forkball

Mobo is busted, so no TF2 until I get a new one and put my damn computer back together. When are they going to port TF2 to iOS?

Proven

I was wondering how they select maps to be used in highlander since it's pretty fucking obvious that it's an unbalanced map.

This season is a special season. They're trying out a whole bunch of maps that weren't in the rotation before to try and find new viable maps for the season. They're trying out everything, including new game types (Canalzone) and old game types with a different spin (Vitalism). It's essentially an experimental cup, as the only way to really know if a map can be played competitively is to force people to play on it competitively. TF2 players tend to stick with what's old and familiar otherwise, and the maps would never get a fair shot at being voted in.

Already people know that Croissant is awesome and Standin isn't as horrible as everybody expected. Later in the season we'll be playing a remake of Obscure, a remake that was specifically made for highlander in mind, which should be interesting. And there'll be Deadwood, a map that got some attention on the GAF server many months ago, but then was quickly ignored.

Anyway, that's why this season doesn't have any play offs or medals to be given out. It's a season to explore, have fun, and experiment.

Okay so, next week's roster for koth_waste:

Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: Quotey
Pyro: sixghost
Demo: wartime
Heavy: me
Engineer: thefro
Medic: Proven
Sniper: Soka
Spy: SolidSnake

Please confirm if you can play next week.

FTR, no-one is getting cut, you'll be fine, y'all are grown-ass men.

I don't know either, I was asleep!

Kirsten

Boooooo! I want medals! Experimental medals!

Maybe Kirsten is too busy reporting us to the CSIS?

I will make "Papier-mâché" (YEAH FRENCH!) medals for everyone if we don't lose any more games. Swearsies. Then you will all have to give me your addresses so I can mail them to you...which I will so pass on to CSIS.

I will have time to make them this week because I'm not playing.

Proven

I finally played koth_waste, on a lobby. Two things to note.

1. Years ago, I saw a video of this map. It used to be a 5cp map. I assume they made it into a koth map after koth_badlands came out.

2. It's really straight forward. It's also really good for mini-sentry Engineer, as long as you're playing against the average TF2 player that never sees Engineers or mini-sentries as threats.

The bad news about the map is that there are only two good ways to push into mid, meaning that they can be easily sticky-trapped and watched. But once you get out of those first doorways, you can jump all over and have a wide space to DM on. Either our jumper classes (Soldier, Scout, Demo) or our assassination classes (Spy, Sniper) will top score easily on it. I'm going to give the edge out to our assassins, for now.

Blizzard

Banned
Waste is basically the map where Accidante snipes, to me.

I was on the GAF server last night on Waste and I kept getting disoriented because I would run up to the second level as a spy, expecting Accidante would be there to backstab, but he wasn't on the server and the only sniper I'd ever find was Pangloss. :(

So did Dante kick ass last night so I have big shoes to follow next week or did he suck it up? Your answers will affect how much I practice between now and then.

Oreoleo

So did Dante kick ass last night so I have big shoes to follow next week or did he suck it up? Your answers will affect how much I practice between now and then.

I didn't hear him commenting too much through the map last night so I can only guess he was doing okay. Honestly Canalzone is not really built for snipers at all. I only got picked once by theirs and it was when 3 of us were trying to cap Fountain so I'm not even sure he was aiming for me specifically.

Waste is a pretty good sniper map though, so if you are feeling a little unsure of your skills, you should probably practice a little ;)

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I will make "Papier-mâché" (YEAH FRENCH!) medals for everyone if we don't lose any more games. Swearsies. Then you will all have to give me your addresses so I can mail them to you...which I will so pass on to CSIS.

Can I have one?

I'm not falling for this bullshit. I know the real reason you want our addresses!

Can I have one?

Good job falling right into her trap.

AcciDante

Wasn't really anything for me to do on it. You gotta be on your game for waste, though.

Kirsten

The hell is csis?

Is that like two guys in touques sitting in Newfoundland making sure there's no bugs in the maple syrup?

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS,French: Service canadien du renseignement de sécurité, SCRS) is Canada's national intelligence service. It is responsible for collecting, analyzing, reporting and disseminating intelligence on threats to Canada's national security, and conducting operations, covert and overt, within Canada and abroad.

Blizzard

Banned
The hell is csis?

Is that like two guys in touques sitting in Newfoundland making sure there's no bugs in the maple syrup?
Yeah I had to Google it. I didn't even know they had secret agents in Canada, just Mounties. I figure they're good-natured enough there that they don't need spies and everything, unless they're concerned about Russia invading.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS,French: Service canadien du renseignement de sécurité, SCRS) is Canada's national intelligence service. It is responsible for collecting, analyzing, reporting and disseminating intelligence on threats to Canada's national security, and conducting operations, covert and overt, within Canada and abroad.

*drops weapon*

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

If you do that, I'll treat everyone to
freeze-dried
ice cream.

They'll probably just see that we're capable of destroying ourselves and leave us to it.

So Oreo and Blizzard is the first to go?

If I were you guys I would be more worried about Zeke and that weird humming/vibrating frequency we here every now and then. I'm pretty sure that is his recording/wire tapping device malfunctioning.

so...it was over before it had begun. Kirsten and Zeke working together. :p

(._.)

Banned
I signed up for Highlander on GAF server tonight. There are ore than 18 ppl though. Do people switch out between rounds?

Kade

Team Generated.

For serious this time, I plan on writing the script to re-balance teams tomorrow during the day, so don't be surprised if, after someone drops, you end up on the other team (you'll still be the same class).

Game is tomorrow at 8:30 PM Eastern time. Check the group event to see your local time.

RED TEAM 4691.1 points
Scout: DJ Crimson
Soldier: air horn homer
Pyro: The Confidence-Man
Demoman: Joe Carter
Heavy: AlienTheCarpenter
Engineer: Woobie
Medic: Javaman
Sniper: Blizzard
Spy: IceCream

BLU TEAM 4676.28 points
Scout: dygbert
Soldier: :HIT: EmptyCanO'wupass
Pyro: thefro [KSRF]
Demoman: wartime [KSRF]
Heavy: Naoto Shirogane
Engineer: Cloudius
Medic: InfectedZero
Sniper: Boney
Spy: Rokkit

Heck yes. Is DJ Crimson a scary Scout?

Boney

Banned
Hey blizzy we get another date :)

I love just going sniper as my first choice because no one else votes for it, even though i'm a terrible sniper

Kirsten

It was basically the KSRF season in a nutshell

Round 1: We rolled em, DogWelder says "there's no way we're going to lose on Red" in the Mumble spectators chat
Round 2: Got rolled in embarassing fashion (other team actually capped all 8 points, which should be impossible).
Round 3: Edge out a win

We are ranked as 19th now :3

Top Bottom