• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

d00d3n

Lol, I am so stupid. Some random dude added me on steam. Tricked me to trade my vintage bill's hat for some weapon called the soda popper. Had never used the trade interface, seemed like an okay deal. Only google searched after the fact.

d00d3n

omg please be kidding.

No, unfortunately not. I haven't even played the game after this whole hat business began. I preordered Left 4 Dead 2 because I wanted the game, not for some hat thing. The hat just seemed like a common item to me. It seemed fun to try the trade interface out. I don't even play the game, so it did not occur to me that one of the four items in my inventory could be valuable.

Lol, I am so stupid. Some random dude added me on steam. Tricked me to trade my vintage bill's hat for some weapon called the soda popper. Had never used the trade interface, seemed like an okay deal. Only google searched after the fact.

Don't see how that would be relevant.

thefro

Finally got Dead Ringer and got to play with it a bit, such a cheap item. I go from sucking at Spy (granted I've only played a few hours) to pwning people on pub servers.

Javaman

OMG the DEALS. To my TF2 peeps, I highly recommend the World in Conflict compete for $6.69. It's only 33% off right now so it might be cheaper later. Here's the steam recommendation I wrote...

GREAT game if you want a slight change of pace from the normal RTS. Instead of basebuilding you have resource points to call down reinforcements. The story is a little campy but fun (Russia invading the USA) and it has decent single or co-op with/against bots in the various multi modes. Play the Soviet expansion instead of the original one. It has all of the original content + the new missions intermingled throughout. You get to fire the first shots from the Russian POV to start WW3 in Germany!

Cheesy trailer,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1kq2QkiU7Y
Gameplay,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMoN7R7_Ygc

Sianos

Today was a good day with the Rayman Oranges flash sale at a non-obnoxious time. It even works with my SNES controller for double the nostalgic fun!

But remember, while Steam Sales are fun

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEAL or flash sale or community thing

I think the game everyone meant to recommend was actually Ys: The Oath in Felghana. It's $5.09. Imagine if it's a daily? Even cheaper. If it doesn't become one, it's still a great price and you're a terrible person if you don't get it and love it. It's an action RPG with music so awesome you'll want it to be played at your funeral so you can come back to life and rock out for 3 seconds (especially the fuckawesome boss music). Of course, if you don't buy it no one will want to go to your funeral, and you don't want that. You should all get it.

Sianos

I think the game everyone meant to recommend was actually Ys: The Oath in Felghana. It's $5.09. Imagine if it's a daily? Even cheaper. If it doesn't become one, it's still a great price and you're a terrible person if you don't get it and love it. It's an action RPG with music so awesome you'll want it to be played at your funeral so you can come back to life and rock out for 3 seconds (especially the fuckawesome boss music). Of course, if you don't buy it no one will want to go to your funeral, and you don't want that. You should all get it.

Rumor has it that Oath in Felghana will be in an Indie Bundle and most likely a daily. Either way, I'm buying it.

Proven

I'm done trying to practice support stuff on Valve servers.

I just witnessed a Soldier trying to attack people with a Rocket Jumper.

Alienups

Can anyone help me out ? I want Saint Rows the Third but transferring money to my paypal account takes three days and i can't get a paysafecard before the deal runs out. I can paypal you the money back by tuesday (maybe monday)

Can give you one of my unusuals to hang on to in the meantime

Can anyone help me out ? I want Saint Rows the Third but transferring money to my paypal account takes three days and i can't get a paysafecard before the deal runs out. I can paypal you the money back by tuesday (maybe monday)

get any help yet? Add me on Steam so we can work out the details.

Add me Alien. I can help you.

Alienups

I gave him my gifted safe 'n sound which is barely worth a buds

Not even worth scamming
CQCR7.gif

Alienups

That Cross-comm Crash Helmet #16 i crafted is also lvl 16, that probably raises the value a bit for collectors but i have no idea what to ask for it, hmm.

Alienups

Just post it on TF2 Outpost asking for offers and just wait a couple of days to see which offer interests you the most. You could also try contacting the person who collects craft #16 items but doubt you'd want to invest that much time into it.

Yeah that's what i did and a #16 collector offered 7 keys. Best offer so far is a painted bills.

That hat is a blessing since i blew my last valuables on my heavy unusual and i'm saving up for a Soldier one now and they're high tier.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TF2 Official OT of Steam Sale OT
Hope you guys got all your stuff resolved. I recall one time I couldn't purchase due to a glitch and Java got the glitch as well.

Yeef

8 years of service badge

you fools jealous?
Meh.

I had a steam account the day steam was released, but steam sucked back then. Then I had a friend who's account got banned, so I just gave him mine, because I didn't care, because steam still sucked (all it had on it was CS anyway).

Then when steam started being good, I signed up for my current account.

That is the best way to be.

Meh.

I had a steam account the day steam was released, but steam sucked back then. Then I had a friend who's account got banned, so I just gave him mine, because I didn't care, because steam still sucked (all it had on it was CS anyway).

Then when steam started being good, I signed up for my current account.

That is the best way to be.
Yep. I tried it out because there was some hubbub about the new version of CS at the time. Played it for a couple of rounds with some friends and ditched it until Half-Life 2 came out. Had no godly idea what credentials I used for my first account and I didn't really care. Granted Steam still sucked, but my PC at the time was built solely to play Doom 3 and Half-Life 2.

Proven

Reminds me of the TF2 medals. I got the Orange Box day of, but I rarely did anything with computer games back then so I didn't realize my laptop couldn't run TF2. Eventually I gave my account to a friend and a year later a new desktop was bought for the house so I made a new account. Now I have a bronze medal instead of a gold or primordial.

Reminds me of the TF2 medals. I got the Orange Box day of, but I rarely did anything with computer games back then so I didn't realize my laptop couldn't run TF2. Eventually I gave my account to a friend and a year later a new desktop was bought for the house so I made a new account. Now I have a bronze medal instead of a gold or primordial.
I delete most of the hats and stuff they just hand out to you, including my Primeval Warrior badge, Proof of Purchase and Cheater's Lament. I just don't give a shit, I'd never wear them anyway.

Top Bottom