• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Clydefrog

Meh.

I had a steam account the day steam was released, but steam sucked back then. Then I had a friend who's account got banned, so I just gave him mine, because I didn't care, because steam still sucked (all it had on it was CS anyway).

Then when steam started being good, I signed up for my current account.

That is the best way to be.

yeah I got Steam because of CS.. had to switch from WON to Steam or something like that. I didn't like it at the time.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I know I guy who still refuses to use Steam because of how terrible it was when it was first released. He's an idiot.

Proven

I'm generally better with melee nowadays... but I still can't axtinguish on a consistent basis.

I delete most of the hats and stuff they just hand out to you, including my Primeval Warrior badge, Proof of Purchase and Cheater's Lament. I just don't give a shit, I'd never wear them anyway.

Weren't you paying attention? That stuff can be worth major money in the future.

Proven

Crap, I forgot to post about it earlier, and now it's the last minute. Or, well, last 26 hours.

Communites vs. Pros 4 - The Midsummer Classic
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bJgUm9uv4I

A couple years back, someone had an idea. A sort of outreach program from the 6s pros in CEVO and ESEA that congregated on gotfrag to the regular joe TF2 player who didn't have a unified outlet beyond the steam user forums. They'd match up six competitive players, playing on their regular ruleset, while having nine players randomly picked from the community and mentored into a makeshift highlander team.

And it took off.

Every couple months, another one would be scheduled, people would be picked and trained, and an event would be held. Over the years, the event took a number of different forms, but the last few matches have settled into a more predictable format.

Nine players, chosen from among a number of communities heavily involved in TF2. Community all-stars, as it were. A comp team, usually one of the ESEA finalist teams more than willing to spend some extra time with the community at large. Three maps, one favored for 6s, one favored for highlander, and one considered even for both formats as a tiebreaker.

Tomorrow on Extelevision at 9pm EDT/6pm PDT, http://www.twitch.tv/extvesports/

Info on some of the previous matches can be found here: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Pubstars_vs_Pros

Javaman

Small update:

Ah yeah. Donno if that's what fixed my crashes, but I hadn't had one in the last two times I booted tf2.

REMEMBER tonight at midnight est is the deadline for the worst real pic spray! I've only seen one or two contributors so far. Kinda disappointing this week. The prize is whatever $5 steam game you want. You can go for whatever deals are live now or wait for a better one later but there's no guarantee that I'll be online to buy one of the short windowed sales. I'm going to nix the no photoshopping rule. I think it'll be more fun that way. Do whatever you want as long as it's a crappy picture of you!

Poor Spaceboy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2SwEZzOgPg

I forgot that was happening Java. And it's the sale, so five bucks will actually buy you something!

I'll enter.

I need to find a bad looking picture of me... going to be hard.

That's not all that's going to be HARD!
image.php

I haven't entered officially because I haven't felt like playing :(

Javaman

I didn't see any real sprays tonight which is a big bummer. I guess the contest was messed up from the start since you never know who's team you'll be on. Matt, you're the default winner! Lemme know what you want.

I didn't see any real sprays tonight which is a big bummer. I guess the contest was messed up from the start since you never know who's team you'll be on. Matt, you're the default winner! Lemme know what you want.
I put my spray up by you in the upper room on Gorge! You failed to see it!

i see two dudes, one with a sleeve of tattoos.

that's the worst Hooters picture ever.
Hah, deal with it. Our waitress was hot, but I don't think I have any pictures of her. They took my phone from me cause I kept trying to drunk dial a girl I should not be calling. Lol. So they just randomly send me pictures of my drunken stupor. Wish they would have gotten a better shot of me faceplanting the pavement outside.

The other guy is my buddy who happens to be a tattoo artists as well.

Left my alts idling while working on something in Photoshop. Just checked to see if I got anything interesting and...

Yeah. :D

Nice. I figure now is the perfect time to set up an extra account or two (or three, or four) with all the games on sale. Since you need to put $5 on each account, you can buy something cheap in the Mann Co. store and use the remaining balance to buy a game on sale and gift it to your main, so you're really only have to spend like 50 cents per account.

Top Bottom