• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
I've been playing maxed out TF2 for over 4 years! My old desktop could do that. :p When I said I don't need to upgrade, I meant it. (i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 8gb DDR3, OC'ed GTX 460 1gb)

I'm just thinking about throwing in something extra... like more memory for video editing. Or a fancy mousepad for fun. Or a 2nd monitor. Or a new GPU (SLI?!) so I can run The Witcher 2 better.

The madness will pass soon. Probably. Hopefully.
Mail me your old computer when you upgrade. :mad:

Hey guys, quick question. I've not spent much time with TF2, as I downloaded it for MAC when it first launched and couldn't run it. I have a few items to offload from promotions, etc, what's the best method to so do? I already had someone randomly adding me and pushing for one of the items, but I don't trust that it was a fair deal.

Hey guys, quick question. I've not spent much time with TF2, as I downloaded it for MAC when it first launched and couldn't run it. I have a few items to offload from promotions, etc, what's the best method to so do? I already had someone randomly adding me and pushing for one of the items, but I don't trust that it was a fair deal.

I'll give you a scrap for your buds. A lot of info in this thread's OP: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439227. Go here to find out what things are worth: http://tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.com/

Thanks. Reading the linked spreadsheet, it suggests 24-25 refined metals. Forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean? If I wanted to trade an item for Steam games, how does the value of refined metals compare?

Thanks. Reading the linked spreadsheet, it suggests 24-25 refined metals. Forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean?

Metal is the go to currency for TF2. Using the crafting interface you can combine 2 weapons into one scrap of metal.

2 weapons = 1 scrap
3 scraps = 1 reclaimed
3 reclaimed = 1 refined = 18 weapons to make
2 refined and 1 reclaimed = 2.33 refined = 1 key = $2.50 on the TF2 store

So 24 refined = 10.30 keys = $25.75 if you can get someone to buy at that price.

In the OP of that thread I link to, there are trading websites where you can put stuff up for money or games or other items.

Edit: Was it the buds you were looking at? It says on the spreadsheet that it is 24-25 keys which is $60.

Yes, the earbuds. I must have read the chart wrong. Mm, are they highly coveted? I made one mention of having them here and have since had several requests to trade.

Yes, the earbuds. I must have read the chart wrong. Mm, are they highly coveted? I made one mention of having them here and have since had several requests to trade.

They're pretty highly sought after, yes. It seems like they go for anywhere between $40-60 dollars, probably much closer to the $60 side of thing as of late.

Ignore my price range as evidenced by the 4 posts below me.

Metal is the go to currency for TF2. Using the crafting interface you can combine 2 weapons into one scrap of metal.

2 weapons = 1 scrap
3 scraps = 1 reclaimed
3 reclaimed = 1 refined = 18 weapons to make
2 refined and 1 reclaimed = 2.33 refined = 1 key = $2.50 on the TF2 store

So 24 refined = 10.30 keys = $25.75 if you can get someone to buy at that price.

In the OP of that thread I link to, there are trading websites where you can put stuff up for money or games or other items.

Edit: Was it the buds you were looking at? It says on the spreadsheet that it is 24-25 keys which is $60.

Earbuds are more like in the $30-35 range. Traders don't go by store prices for keys. Keys that are on the trader's market tend to go for $1.30-1.35 range which is that type they go by.

mojiimbo

Where are you guys getting these prices from? They only go for $32 give or take on SourceOP. You can't extrapolate the value using the $2.50 Valve price of keys because the gray market price of a key is less than $1.50.

AcciDante

Where are you guys getting these prices from? They only go for $32 give or take on SourceOP. You can't extrapolate the value using the $2.50 Valve price of keys because the gray market price of a key is less than $1.50.

Yeah, around $30 is standard price. Max's heads are around $60...I have one of those btw.

Earbuds are more like in the $30-35 range. Traders don't go by store prices for keys. Keys that are on the trader's market tend to go for $1.30-1.35 range which is that type they go by.

Sorry, I'm poor by TF2 standards. I never had a buds or bills.

thefro

Looks like we play @ Swole Patrol (#9 ranked team in Steel) on cp_obscure_remake_ugc_rc2 this week. They're a West Coast team.

thefro

Who is playing moday? Guess that should be a question for Dogwelder.

If I were running things, I'd roll out the All-Star lineup the next 2 weeks since we're sitting in the top 10 (and potentially could have a chance to finish #1). I'm fine with watching and giving some strategy advice (although I will play Borneo on the Jank/TF2Lobby since it looks fun).

Kirsten

If I were running things, I'd roll out the All-Star lineup the next 2 weeks since we're sitting in the top 10 (and potentially could have a chance to finish #1). I'm fine with watching and giving some strategy advice (although I will play Borneo on the Jank/TF2Lobby since it looks fun).

Question is who do you think is our all star line up? (I realize its not me)

Sianos

I'd say I'd be better for Obscure while Fallen would be better on Borneo.

I tend to play roamer more, and am more suited for jumping around getting picks, while Fallen is a pocket Soldier who is better at protecting the medic and heavy duty defense.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I tend to be better on maps where I can hold areas/points or flank to clear with surprise heavy attacks. I am worse/terrible on 5-point capture and wide open maps.

I'd say I'd be better for Obscure while Fallen would be better on Borneo.

I tend to play roamer more, and am more suited for jumping around getting picks, while Fallen is a pocket Soldier who is better at protecting the medic and heavy duty defense.

I think there is a certain individual that might disagree with you.

Proven

Foundry is awesome. You guys need to play it more. I miss the days where it was on twice a night.

As for the UGC lineup, I was talking with Dog about it Tuesday and then disappeared, but we were basically figuring out the roster for the next two weeks at once. In retrospect, this is a good idea as it'll give extra heads up time for a map that barely anyone has played on.

We're not using the exact same roster for both weeks, but that's mostly because you guys are good, even the ones that think they're terrible.

Proven

Alright, rosters are finalized.

For cp_obscure_remake on July 23rd
Scout: Snacks
Pyro: Grimm
Soldier: NSQuote
Demoman: DogWelder
Heavy: Blizzard
Medic: Oreo
Engineer: Proven
Sniper: Soka
Spy: Matt

For pl_borneo_v3 on July 30th
Scout: SteveWinwood
Soldier: Fallengorn
Demo: Zeke
Medic: Proven
Engy: thefro
Sniper: Accidante
Spy: SolidSnake

The positions for borneo are subject to slight changes, but the ones for obscure are set much firmer. I'm open to any questions or debate on the choices for either map.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Ruh roh...good luck?
ibnJjJzIdIPoO2.jpg

For cp_obscure_remake on July 23rd
Scout: Snacks
Soldier: NSQuote
Demoman: DogWelder
Medic: Oreo
Engineer: Proven
Sniper: Soka
Spy: Matt

The positions for borneo are subject to slight changes, but the ones for obscure are set much firmer. I'm open to any questions or debate on the choices for either map.

good luck Zeke & DW!

Top Bottom