• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm looking to get some regular weapons trading 1:1.

I need:
Mantreads
Detonator
Nessie's Nine Iron
Family Business
Eviction Notice
Overdose
Vita-Saw
Big Earner

I have:
Axtinguisher
The Jag
Degreaser
Pain Train
Razorback
Homewrecker

PM me if you have a spare and want one of mine.

Anony

Weenerz said:
Still looking, please do the research as to what hats I don't have, don't send me a message on Steam asking me what I want.

I told you I was busy, but you insisted on taking your time looking through your inventory.

first, i did look through ur backpack
lol, if u didnt care what hat u wanted, i would have just gave u any 2 that u didnt have, i was trying to be a nice guy and gave u options (aka, i didnt want to 'rip u off' with an unfair trade)

second, the inventory through steam/community is not sorted

third, you must have been really busy cuz i saw u playing tf2

if u still up for the trade and literally, any 2 hats u dont have, i will trade u

Zomba13

Trading:
HL2 + ep1 + ep2 (offer)
Private Eye (Medic, Demo and Spy hat) for 2 Refined or 2 craft hats
Pyro Glove for any craft hat + 1 scrap
Cadaver's Cranium for any craft hat + 1 scrap
Any weapon on the last page of my BP (http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197984114562) 1 scrap or 2 weapons (except strange revolver)

Zomba13

Sgt.Pepper said:
What the hell do people mean by craft hat? Aren't like most hats craftable?
Some can't be used in crafts like the alien hat.

Also, just traded my Vivid Pyromancer's Mask for a Vivid Desert Marauder (a definite trade up. One of 2 that I've seen listed)

Kind of theme too, the vivid plasma is like yellow sand swirling around.

I still don't get it. I could craft a Team Captain, and there's no way I would trade it for 1 Ref or something. Or does the term mean for unwanted/no popular hats? Like Trophy Belt.

XeroSauce

Sgt.Pepper said:
I still don't get it. I could craft a Team Captain, and there's no way I would trade it for 1 Ref or something. Or does the term mean for unwanted/no popular hats? Like Trophy Belt.

Nailed it.

Things like Whoopies, Gatsbys, Trophys, Beanies, they are all considered generally suckish and are often used as crafting fodder when a new set of hats comes around so a lucky person can make a big fourtune.

Weenerz

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:

It's for hats that can't be re-crafted, Ellis' hat, Alien Swarm, etc. Shitty hats that just take up space.

I haven't played for a good while, around 1 month 20(something) days. Is it my Item cap still around 12 or it is increased a bit?

So I went to TF2TP and made a trade without intention to trade anything, just to see what I could get, etc.

I made a trade with G. Companion Cube Pin, G. Planeswalker Goggles, G. Conjurer's Cowl, V. Professional's Panama and Security Shades; I got a single offer, a Bill's Hat painted with
The Value of Teamwork.

Now, I don't know a fuck about the hat economy, but I know the Bill's Hat is really searched around so, huh, should I accept or I'm giving too much? Taking into account I really don't care much about the items I mentioned, but I wouldn't like giving to much shit for it.

Edit: I double checked, he wants all except the shades.

XeroSauce

Sgt.Pepper said:
So I went to TF2TP and made a trade without intention to trade anything, just to see what I could get, etc.

I made a trade with G. Companion Cube Pin, G. Planeswalker Goggles, G. Conjurer's Cowl, V. Professional's Panama and Security Shades; I got a single offer, a Bill's Hat painted with
The Value of Teamwork.

Now, I don't know a fuck about the hat economy, but I know the Bill's Hat is really searched around so, huh, should I accept or I'm giving too much? Taking into account I really don't care much about the items I mentioned, but I wouldn't like giving to much shit for it.

Ehh..I guess it's an alright deal. Your giving up a 13 ref worth of hats for a 10-13 ref hat that's painted a nice colour.

The Bills will sell if you're looking to make profit, but I dunno...those are some nice hats you're giving away for a Bills (something that nearly everyone uses as currency and is therefore relatively common if you ever wanted one later).

It's equal in terms of currency. I would personally not do it because the hats you are giving are bloody nice.

yea, that was about 6 keys worth of stuff.

painted bills are going for a little over 5. not a bad trade, though; sometimes you have to make offers enticing enough to make someone bite when they have what you want. "Sweeteners" as they say.

Milly79

Sgt.Pepper said:

The Value of Teamwork.

ze goggles. D:

moojito

No sorry, I mean I have the 2 refined and I'm looking for a strange knife.

edit: done, and done. Cheers awwyeahgurrl!

Bakphoon

moojito said:
No sorry, I mean I have the 2 refined and I'm looking for a strange knife.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED THIS 2 DAYS earlier? i had 4 strange knives and sold them for ridicolous low prices (the whoopee cap was my BEST trade...)

Edit: Any tips how to sell items for GOOD prices? On trade servers i gat extremely low offers...

moojito

awwyeahgurrl said:
I've got a strange knife. Add me on steam: V_deck

I'm no doubt missing something obvious here, but a search on steam for v_deck comes up empty. Help a trading newbie out!

I decided not to trade it. It feels I would be giving too much in my opinion. Now a guy wants my Goggles for a V. Killer's Kabuto.

I would love if people stopped offering me Soldier stuff..

Milly79

Bakphoon said:
WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED THIS 2 DAYS earlier? i had 4 strange knives and sold them for ridicolous low prices (the whoopee cap was my BEST trade...)

Edit: Any tips how to sell items for GOOD prices? On trade servers i gat extremely low offers...
tf2tp or sourceop...

you usually have to wait for what you want, but it's much better b

vehn

man people have never tried to scam me before, but this morning I wake up and I have an e-mail saying I got a free steam game (as a gift from someone I don't know and it went through spam filters), looked legit but the website it brought you to is a fake and wants you to log in.

Then someone tries to trade with me in TF2, they want me to give them a hat and they'll give me 4 weps now and a key tomorrow. So i say lets trade tomorrow then and he cancels trade

Zomba13

vehn said:
man people have never tried to scam me before, but this morning I wake up and I have an e-mail saying I got a free steam game (as a gift from someone I don't know and it went through spam filters), looked legit but the website it brought you to is a fake and wants you to log in.

Then someone tries to trade with me in TF2, they want me to give them a hat and they'll give me 4 weps now and a key tomorrow. So i say lets trade tomorrow then and he cancels trade
No one has tried to scam me yet. I thought I got scammed once when the guy disconnected when I gave him the game. Turns out his internet was just shit and he came back a minute later apologising loads.

Bakphoon

Zomba13 said:
No one has tried to scam me yet. I thought I got scammed once when the guy disconnected when I gave him the game. Turns out his internet was just shit and he came back a minute later apologising loads.

I met another person today, who tried to scam me... He wanted my bill's and offered me 2 1-ref hats, a strange shotgun and 4 refined and 1 reclaimed

He said he wants to split up the trade in 2 parts, and in the second trade i would get the remaining 4 refined.

I proposed to use steam trade beta, and then he immediately canceled the trade. And i have never heard of him again.

EDIT: i'm looking for a black or white paint for 1.33 ref :)

vermadas

Alright, I'm going to try my hand at this TF2 trading thing.

Here is what I have (can also see first page of backpack here):
All three Witcher 2 promotional items; genuine hero's tail, sign of the wolf's school, three-rune blade.
Earbuds.

A few scrap and random weapons.

I mostly want weapons for the four classes I play, and maybe some cool hats for them. I play soldier, medic, pyro, and demo in order of preference/playtime.

Weapons I want:
Cow Mangler 5000
Reserve Shooter
Righteous Bison
Quick Fix
Degreaser
Back Scratcher
Scottish Resistance

Hats I might be interested in:
Killer's Kabuto
Brain Bucket
Ze Goggles
Berliner's Bucket
Pyromancer's Mask
Hottie's Hoodie
Rimmed Raincatcher

Milly79

vermadas said:

All three Witcher 2 promotional items; genuine hero's tail, sign of the wolf's school, three-rune blade.
Earbuds.

I mostly want weapons for the four classes I play, and maybe some cool hats for them. I play soldier, medic, pyro, and demo in order of preference/playtime.

Weapons I want:
Cow Mangler 5000
Reserve Shooter
Righteous Bison
Quick Fix
Degreaser
Back Scratcher
Scottish Resistance

Killer's Kabuto
Brain Bucket
Ze Goggles
Berliner's Bucket
Pyromancer's Mask
Hottie's Hoodie
Rimmed Raincatcher

What is your Steam ID? Add me, please. Milly79

Edit- Added you, didn't see the backpack link.

Zomba13

vermadas said:

Earbuds.

Weapons I want:
Cow Mangler 5000
Reserve Shooter
Righteous Bison
Quick Fix
Degreaser
Back Scratcher
Scottish Resistance

Killer's Kabuto
Brain Bucket
Ze Goggles
Berliner's Bucket
Pyromancer's Mask
Hottie's Hoodie
Rimmed Raincatcher
I know not really an interesting trade and doesn't matter outside of backpack stuff but would you be willing to swap earbuds? Mine are level 19 and yours are 13 and I'd much prefer 13 (part of my username and the date I was born).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weapons I need:
Sharpened Volcano Fragment
Sun-on-a-Stick
The Cow Mangler 5000

Weapons I have in case anyone wants:
Mad Milk
Liberty Launcher
Bazaar Bargain

Add me or PM.

enzo_gt said:
Weapons I need:
Sharpened Volcano Fragment
Sun-on-a-Stick
The Cow Mangler 5000

Weapons I have in case anyone wants:
Mad Milk
Liberty Launcher
Bazaar Bargain

Add me or PM.
I've got a Cow Mangler that I'm never going to use if you want it. Trade for the Bazaar Bargain?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Professor Beef said:
Added. Hopping on now!
Thanks for the Cow Mangler again!

Only two more + Original to go to complete my collection until the next update that puts me back into completionist mode again!

XeroSauce

vermadas said:

Earbuds.

Weapons I want:
Cow Mangler 5000
Reserve Shooter
Righteous Bison
Quick Fix
Degreaser
Back Scratcher
Scottish Resistance

Killer's Kabuto
Brain Bucket
Ze Goggles