• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

divisionbyzorro said:
I've kinda noticed that too (been doing some research on it). The spreadsheet seems to be way off on this particular item; I think that the spreadsheet creator arbitrarily marked all the 4 ref craft items as worth 3-4 refined, but didn't account for the Fancy Dress Uniform being vastly more desirable than the Armored Authority, and the recipe only grants you a 50% chance of getting the thing you want.

I'm considering gambling on it myself; if I get the helmet, I'll try to sell it/trade it for something, but I'd rather not drop my two keys on the Uniform just yet...

This also applies to the Made Man vs Cosa Nostra.

Are people crafting/trading for the plain hats to collect? I thought they were not worth anything or much, just like the Strange weapons.

For some reason, I have this idea in my head that they are only worth something if they are vintage or above.

Bakphoon

Milly79 said:
Bakphoon (I think that's your name) - I have an extra pair of buds I can trade you.

yay :)

I'll have to get another bills first though... i'm missing 2 keys (how ironic :( ) to get one...

Milly79

Bakphoon said:
yay :)

I'll have to get another bills first though... i'm missing 2 keys (how ironic :( ) to get one...
I don't really need two bills. I'll give you a discount. we can talk about it later.

Trading some vintage weapons :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202011-08-16%20%C3%A0%2014.28.51.png

PM if you are interested.

MarkMclovin said:
Are people crafting/trading for the plain hats to collect? I thought they were not worth anything or much, just like the Strange weapons.

For some reason, I have this idea in my head that they are only worth something if they are vintage or above.

I'm just looking for outfits just because I genuinely want to wear those outfits and I have barely anything yet. I've figured out what I want for each class, and now I'm just trying to acquire those pieces.

So far I've managed to get one pieced together: a Grimm Hatte and Blighted Beak for my medic. And it's bad-ass.

XeroSauce

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm just looking for outfits just because I genuinely want to wear those outfits and I have barely anything yet. I've figured out what I want for each class, and now I'm just trying to acquire those pieces.

So far I've managed to get one pieced together: a Grimm Hatte and Blighted Beak for my medic. And it's bad-ass.

What else do you need?

g35twinturbo said:
Thanks Cuban Legend, my buddy right here :D

Well I'm looking to trade!

if anyone wants to trade, PM me!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/335twinturbo/

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=335twinturbo

How much for the Pip-Boy? My neighbour is a gaffer but he cant afford the items so I'm looking for one for him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MarkMclovin said:

People buy crap hats so they can craft 2 together to potentially get a really good hat.

XeroSauce said:
What else do you need?

In terms of priority:

• Scout: Milkman + Planeswalker Goggles (which are still super expensive since there aren't many non-genuine copies out there)
  • Engineer: Safe'N'Sound + Googly Gazer
  • Soldier: Sergeant's Drill Hat + Fancy Dress Uniform (confession: I really want a Bill's Hat to go with this, but that's quite out of my reach at the moment)
  • Heavy: Capo's Capper + Security Shades

Still debating on the others, but since I don't bring in much metal, I know it'll take me a long time to make enough to buy what I want barring some lucky drops. So I'm taking it slow :)

XeroSauce

divisionbyzorro said:
In terms of priority:

• Scout: Milkman + Planeswalker Goggles (which are still super expensive since there aren't many non-genuine copies out there)
  • Engineer: Safe'N'Sound + Googly Gazer
  • Soldier: Sergeant's Drill Hat + Fancy Dress Uniform (confession: I really want a Bill's Hat to go with this, but that's quite out of my reach at the moment)
  • Heavy: Capo's Capper + Security Shades

Still debating on the others, but since I don't bring in much metal, I know it'll take me a long time to make enough to buy what I want barring some lucky drops. So I'm taking it slow :)

I have a Milkman if you want to set up a trade.

People at TF2TP are incredible, "selling" their Humble Bundle #3 keys at $69 equivalent in hats. They probably got that for $1.

desh

How much are NG Planeswalker Goggles going for? I've got a pair, that I could let go for the right price.

desh said:
How much are NG Planeswalker Goggles going for? I've got a pair, that I could let go for the right price.

How much are they worth? Or how much are they going for?

The almighty spreadsheet says they're worth 2-3 ref, or about 1 key, and that's probably the right cost. However, if you believe the idiots on TF2TP, they're worth your firstborn son.

Was it crafted or dropped?

Bakphoon

Archie said:
I paid 2 keys for my NG Goggles.

Well worth it.

Yeah.. I sold mine for a key and was happy. But i don't play almost never scout anyways.

EDIT:

Sgt.Pepper said:
People at TF2TP are incredible, "selling" their Humble Bundle #3 keys at $69 equivalent in hats. They probably got that for $1.

Yeah, i saw that too... i have a copy of HB3 that is was bought at a good price ($1 over the average) so that i have HB2 in there too.

desh

divisionbyzorro said:
How much are they worth? Or how much are they going for?

The almighty spreadsheet says they're worth 2-3 ref, or about 1 key, and that's probably the right cost. However, if you believe the idiots on TF2TP, they're worth your firstborn son.

Was it crafted or dropped?
I believe it's a high number craft.

Edit: yeah craft #887

New to trading here. I had a couple of questions.

I'm looking for a strange sticky launcher. On the spreadsheet, it states .66~1 refined.

So that means it's 2~3 reclaimed metals. Yes?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chiym1992 said:
New to trading here. I had a couple of questions.

I'm looking for a strange sticky launcher. On the spreadsheet, it states .66~1 refined.

So that means it's 2~3 reclaimed metals. Yes?
Yes.

I'd like to point out that the spreadsheet is much much less accurate when it comes to strange weapons since they are much more impacted by supply and demand than hats.

The "old" strange weapons are pretty much worth more than the new strange weapons across the board. RL >> scatter, knife grenade/sticky >> flamer/backburner etc

You might be able to get the strange sticky for 1 ref if you keep at it, but I'd expect to pay more along 1.33-1.66 ref

AcciDante

Inflammable Slinky said:
I'd like to point out that the spreadsheet is much much less accurate when it comes to strange weapons since they are much more impacted by supply and demand than hats.

The "old" strange weapons are pretty much worth more than the new strange weapons across the board. RL >> scatter, knife grenade/sticky >> flamer/backburner etc

You might be able to get the strange sticky for 1 ref if you keep at it, but I'd expect to pay more along 1.33-1.66 ref
Also, in my experience, the spreadsheet seems to be seller prices, meaning it's what a seller WANTS to get. Most of the time you won't get that much.

A lot of people are trying to low ball me for my Vintage Vintage Tyrolean. I read the spreadsheet, but I'm still curious what hats I should hold out for in terms of value? I'd probably be reaching to ask for a Bills hat, huh? But what if I threw in a refined or something? I'm new to trading and have been tricked out of my Ear buds, so I'm pretty cautious about all this.

Also, what do I have to do to get an unusual? I've seen some sell for a stupid amount of money, I don't know how you go about trading to get one of those.

XeroSauce

Tkawsome said:
A lot of people are trying to low ball me for my Vintage Vintage Tyrolean. I read the spreadsheet, but I'm still curious what hats I should hold out for in terms of value? I'd probably be reaching to ask for a Bills hat, huh? But what if I threw in a refined or something? I'm new to trading and have been tricked out of my Ear buds, so I'm pretty cautious about all this.

Also, what do I have to do to get an unusual? I've seen some sell for a stupid amount of money, I don't know how you go about trading to get one of those.

You'd have to have two VVTyrolean's to reach a Bill's Hat.

You don't have to keep the spreadsheet as god's word, you know. You should make trades based on what you want and need.

Unusual market is pretty hard to get into unless you have a healthy stock of a few buds and Bills.

XeroSauce said:
Unusual market is pretty hard to get into unless you have a healthy stock of a few buds and Bills.

I figured, that's why I'm trying to figure out how I can trade up until I can reach one. I don't want to get too involved in this stuff, but I have most of the weapons now so it'll give me something to work towards.

jdogmoney

So, I've determined that I don't really like the Vintage Sergeant's Drill Hat.

I'm wanting the Familiar Fez, the Attendant, and a bad-a Soldier hat. Any combination of these will do.

Is anyone doing 1:1 weapons trading? I'm missing a few, but giving scraps (which comes from two weapons) for weapons seems illogical to me.

Normal weapons, of course. None of that Genuine/Vintage or whatever.

TGMIII

39q6h.png

Taking offers on everything there, I want to get rid of it so if your offer isn't too low I'll probably give it to you. Also looking for pink paints.

Steam ID

awwyeahgurrl said:
Sent you a PM.

I was mostly trying to browse your backpack; once you updated your post with your steam profile number I had no trouble finding it.

I'm out of metal right now, but I might make an offer on the Strange Backburner later.

Bakphoon

Quick question (i think its called pricecheck):

What is a #44 craft original worth?

Because i have the possibility to get one but I don't want to pay TOO much for it...
(i offered a key, but he wants more))

Sgt.Pepper said:
Wait for a while, and get a Genuine Original. All G. Weapons have decrease in price over time, as far as I know.

thank you :) havent known that yet.

Bakphoon said:
Quick question (i think its called pricecheck):

What is a #44 craft original worth?

Because i have the possibility to get one but I don't want to pay TOO much for it...
(i offered a key, but he wants more))
Wait for a while, and get a Genuine Original. All G. Weapons have decrease in price over time, as far as I know.

Sgt.Pepper said:
almost all have. there are a couple of exceptions, but the Original is not one of them.

Top Bottom