• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Zel3 said:
shout out to Inflammable Slinky

he was kind enough to wait for my key to become tradable

thanks man :)
Pro tip: buy keys from trusted sellers at sourceop.com.

1.) They're cheaper ($1.95-$2.00)

2.) They're instantly trade-able.

3.) You gain positive rep in the community.

Dreams-Visions said:
Pro tip: buy keys from trusted sellers at sourceop.com.

1.) They're cheaper ($1.95-$2.00)

2.) They're instantly trade-able.

3.) You gain positive rep in the community.

...really? Do these guys just farm metal, buy keys, and sell them for money?

How long before Chinese gold farmers infiltrate the TF2 economy? :lol

Chavelo

divisionbyzorro said:

We ARE the Chinese gold farmers.

1536253-m_night_shyamalan_super.jpg

Anony

Anony said:
i'm deleting all my crates by the end of the day (est)
take it for whatever u want; free, 8 for scrap or whatever, up to u
i know i have alot of old crates that are somewhat valuable, so this is your chance to get some undroppable crate

my backpack

anything on weapons on first 3 pages i'm trading, 1 scrap per weapon, 2 scrap for vintage weapon
okay, nvmd, i will be deleting by the end of the wednesday now cuz that's when the drops reset

anyways, i need to get 2 refines
looking to trade:
Prussian Pickelhaube or Prairie Heel Biters for 2 refines

divisionbyzorro said:

I never thought about it...but probably, yes. I would not be surprised to hear that some of them have 50 active TF2 accounts that they "farm" daily. It would be fairly inexpensive to set up. Hypothetically, that would yield around 30 refined metal/week worth of items if they simply smelted them all together.

That's roughly 14-15 keys worth of metal. They could, in turn, use those 15 keys to open 15 crates/week and wait for an Unusual to sell for $100+. Or they could sell the metal at $1.00/refined and make a little guaranteed money every week that way.

divisionbyzorro said:
So I'm being offered three random weapons + clean Widowmaker for my Widowmaker #9999. Is that a good offer? I honestly don't know how to value these funny craft numbers.

Also, this guys has an insane collection of low-numbered Tam O' Shanters...
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198018096997
any craft number above #100 can't be seen in-game anyway. If the 4 weapons he's offering are weapons you want, then go for it...but he's barely giving you 2 reclaimed for it. If he really wants it, demand a hat. that'll be worth 1 ref, minimum.

Otherwise, it's a cool number.

edit: yea, he can afford to part with one of his hats. pick out a hat he has a duplicate of and ask for that rather than his cheap-ass 4 weapons.

Okay, so I got a different offer, and took it. 1 Reclaimed, 1 scrap, a Vintage Kunai, and a Strange Knife. All for a Widowmaker with a cool number. I'll take that any day of the week! I'm out a Widowmaker, but I didn't really like it anyway, so I can wait for it to drop/become common enough to buy with scrap.

So, since I'm the biggest failspy in the world, who wants my Strange Knife? :) I'll trade straight up for any of the following Stranges: Jag, Medigun, or Backburner. Alternately, I'll take two refined for it (or if there's a third-party on Gaf who wants to get involved, I'll trade for enough metal to buy one of the Stranges from the third party).

Also, is a Vintage Kunai really worth 1.66-3 refined? I must be reading the spreadsheet wrong. Someone please correct me. (Also, note that the spreadsheet URL has changed.)
http://tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.com/

EDIT: This guy has the WEIRDEST backpack!
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197969396247

TheBez

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay, so I got a different offer, and took it. 1 Reclaimed, 1 scrap, a Vintage Kunai, and a Strange Knife. All for a Widowmaker with a cool number. I'll take that any day of the week! I'm out a Widowmaker, but I didn't really like it anyway, so I can wait for it to drop/become common enough to buy with scrap.

So, since I'm the biggest failspy in the world, who wants my Strange Knife? :) I'll trade straight up for any of the following Stranges: Jag, Medigun, or Backburner. Alternately, I'll take two refined for it (or if there's a third-party on Gaf who wants to get involved, I'll trade for enough metal to buy one of the Stranges from the third party).

Also, is a Vintage Kunai really worth 1.66-3 refined? I must be reading the spreadsheet wrong. Someone please correct me. (Also, note that the spreadsheet URL has changed.)
http://tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.com/

EDIT: This guy has the WEIRDEST backpack!
I think I sent you a friend request on steam. I want your knife!

XeroSauce

divisionbyzorro said:
...really? So I got almost 2 keys worth of items for a Widowmaker that happened to have an awesome craft number? :lol

Anyone here want to buy my new Vintage Kunai? :)

The reason being that there is barely any Vintage Kunai's out there.

TheBez

It's time for TheBez's trade extravaganza!!!!
-Pages 1 and 2 are for trade (Found here)

-Normal Weapons are 1 scrap each. Buy 3 get 1 free!!!! Buy 5 get 2 free!!!! Buy 7 get 3 free!!!! Buy them all and I don't know what I'll do!!!!!!!!

-Vintages are 2 scrap each. Buy 4 get 1 free!!!! Buy 7 get 2 free!!! Buy them all and get your choice of any of the following 2: Strange Natascha, Strange Kunai, Strange GRU!!!!!

-Send me offers on other stranges!!! Buy 3 get 1 scrap off your total!!!!

-Free crate with every purchase of two weapons or more!!!!

-Free Rift Code with any purchase if you want it!!!!!

Looking to trade for a Strange Rocket Launcher and Strange Sticky Bomba

XeroSauce

TheBez said:
It's time for TheBez's trade extravaganza!!!!
-Pages 1 and 2 are for trade (Found here)

-Normal Weapons are 1 scrap each. Buy 3 get 1 free!!!! Buy 5 get 2 free!!!! Buy 7 get 3 free!!!! Buy them all and I don't know what I'll do!!!!!!!!

-Vintages are 2 scrap each. Buy 4 get 1 free!!!! Buy 7 get 2 free!!! Buy them all and get your choice of any of the following 2: Strange Natascha, Strange Kunai, Strange GRU!!!!!

-Send me offers on other stranges!!! Buy 3 get 1 scrap off your total!!!!

-Free crate with every purchase of two weapons or more!!!!

-Free Rift Code with any purchase if you want it!!!!!

How much for the Bushwhacka?

What's the normal worth of a Bill's hat in keys? Going to make an alt account. Max I want to spend is $15, because I plan to get a team color paint.

Scipius

Sgt.Pepper said:
What's the normal worth of a Bill's hat in keys? Going to make an alt account. Max I want to spend is $15, because I plan to get a team color paint.

On TF2TP people ask for 5 keys; you may get one for 4 if you find the right trade.

Chavelo

Sgt.Pepper said:

Around 5 and maybe a refined metal at the moment. People are trying to sell em at 6 keys, while people are trying to buy them at 4. Team Spirit/White/Black are the most popular.

KarmaCow

So I put a Whoopie Cap for trade on TF2TP for 1.3 refined and some guy offered a Killer's Kabuto, Hetman's Headpiece and Zephaniah's Greed. Did I miss something, I thought the hat was basically worthless.

TheBez

KarmaCow said:
So I put a Whoopie Cap for trade on TF2TP for 1.3 refined and some guy offered a Killer's Kabuto, Hetman's Headpiece and Zephaniah's Greed. Did I miss something, I thought the hat was basically worthless.
He might want to trade you just one of the offered. That or you got lucky and take the deal and run!

KarmaCow

TheBez said:
He might want to trade you just one of the offered. That or you got lucky and take the deal and run!

That's what I thought, but he put all 3 in the trade window. I asked him if he was sure he wanted to trade all of it, so he asked me if it was okay to put up just one hat and the paint.

So I ended up with the Kabuto and the paint. Still feel dirty.

XeroSauce

KarmaCow said:
That's what I thought, but he put all 3 in the trade window. I asked him if he was sure he wanted to trade all of it, so he asked me if it was okay to put up just one hat and the paint.

So I ended up with the Kabuto and the paint. Still feel dirty.

One man's garbage hat is another man's awesome treasure that he's been searching for since it was released because everyone keeps using it as craft fodder?

Don't feel dirty; jump on offers wherever you can. That's how this game is played!

XeroSauce said:
One man's garbage hat is another man's awesome treasure that he's been searching for since it was released because everyone keeps using it as craft fodder?

The more times it gets crafted, the rarer it gets!

Of course, some people just value items for no particularly good reason. For example, this guy, who I traded with last night, is obsessed with piss and Ellis caps...

KarmaCow

What's even weirder is that I just got that Whoopie Cap from another trade from a guy who gave me 2 hats and paint for the Planeswalker hat even though I was asking for 2 refined on the posted trade. Guess people don't bother looking at the wishlist when searching.

Oh well, it somewhat makes up for Xenoblade not arriving yet.

And a collection of multi-coloured Ellis Hats is pretty cool.

Bakphoon

I miss trading stuff... (my backpack is "empty" except for the untradable stuff after one certain trade)

I hope i get a good Hat drop on thursday so that i can trade again, also i need to premium an idler.

Also I saw someone with a VINTAGE max' severed head while playing some regular TF2.

OMG Aero

Bakphoon said:
I miss trading stuff... (my backpack is "empty" except for the untradable stuff after one certain trade)

I hope i get a good Hat drop on thursday so that i can trade again, also i need to premium an idler.

Also I saw someone with a VINTAGE max' severed head while playing some regular TF2.
I thought you were quitting the hat game.
I know it's hard but no-one said going cold turkey was going to be easy.

mojiimbo

Acerac said:
What do strange mediguns go for these days? I see people asking for 2+ keys for them which seems absurd.
You could probably get 3 refined fairly easily and 2 keys if you hold out longer. There's hardly any active listings on TF2TP from the last 8 hours or so they're not that plentiful.

Apparently the Private Eye is the most worthless hat in TF2 currently. Had a guy tell me he'd take it and a scrap for free...

I hate trade servers.

divisionbyzorro said:
Don't feel dirty; jump on offers wherever you can. That's how this game is played!

The more times it gets crafted, the rarer it gets!

Of course, some people just value items for no particularly good reason. For example, this guy, who I traded with last night, is obsessed with piss and Ellis caps...
I'd like to point out he's only got ONE of them equipped...

<_<

TheBez

Fire sale! Fire sale! Pages 1 and 2 are available!
-Vintages are 2 scrap each
-Normals are 1 scrap each
-Buy 2, get 1 free on all normals and vintages
-Free crate with every purchase of two or more weapons
-Free Rift Code with any purchase if you want it

Stranges cost as follows
Sandman 2 Reclaimed
Ambassador 1 Reclaimed
Knife 1.66 Ref
GRU 1 reclaimed
Natascha 1 reclaimed
Scattergun 1.66 Ref
Kunai 1 Ref

windz

TheBez said:
Fire sale! Fire sale! Pages 1 and 2 are available!
-Vintages are 2 scrap each
-Normals are 1 scrap each
-Buy 2, get 1 free on all normals and vintages
-Free crate with every purchase of two or more weapons
-Free Rift Code with any purchase if you want it

Stranges cost as follows
Sandman 2 Reclaimed
Ambassador 1 Reclaimed
Knife 1.66 Ref
GRU 1 reclaimed
Natascha 1 reclaimed
Scattergun 1.66 Ref