• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

XeroSauce said:
his password must be a 30 character string or something. That's a 6-figure backpack. Maybe $20,000.00, give or take.

Gav47 said:
How does one even accumulate that many unusuals? He either A) spends ridiculous amounts of money to buy the hats or B) uses premium search to find newcomers and rip them off.
I've always wondered. Yea, probably. Smooth-talking newbs out of them or something. idk. He obviously unboxed many (see: number of paints he has), but I can't imagine he opened enough crates to have 100 unusuals. That would require the opening of something like 10,000 crates, give or take. and even then, the effects would be much more varied.

My guess is he's sunk in a ton of cash...but I just wonder why.

Professor Beef said:
I'll trade you my S.Kunai for the Postal Pummeler.

Sure, I'll send you a message soon. Also the list has somewhat been updated.

Strange Chargin' Targe - 2 Scraps
Strange Syringe Gun - 1 Reclaimed
Bonk! Atomic Punch - 1 Scrap
Frontier Justice - 1 Scrap
Natascha - 1 Scrap
Nessie's Nine Iron - 1 Scrap
The Cloak and Dagger - 1 Scrap
The Degreaser - 1 Scrap
The Enforcer - 1 Scrap
The Family Business - 2 Scraps
The Fan O'War - 1 Scrap
The Fists of Steel - 1 Scrap
The Machina - 1 Reclaimed
The Persian Persuader - 1 Scrap
The Powerjack - 1 Scrap
The Quick-Fix (x2) - 1 Scrap
The Razorback - 1 Scrap
The Splendid Screen - 1 Scrap
The Ullapool Caber - 1 Scrap

Still looking for a S. Medi Gun.

Tenck

XeroSauce said:
http://tf2unusual.com/tf2/?menu=Home

Check Unusual prices here. You can also check how much promos go for and cross-check promo value with hat value, though many people will over price hats.

Wow wtf, the price for the Stormy Storm Fancy Fedora is fucking insane. I honestly would have snatched it up if it was like $100, but $500 is way too fucking much!

Detox

Don't really understand the TF2 trading scene but is there anything here that I could trade for games?

Genuine Hero's Tail 1
Genuine Three-Rune Blade 1
Genuine Sign of the Wolf's School 1
Vintage Sandvich 1
Vintage Backburner 1
Vintage Chargin' Targe 1
The Frying Pan 1
Conniver's Kunai 1
The Ambassador 1
Ellis' Cap 1
The Axtinguisher 1
RIFT Well Spun Hat Claim Code 1
The Eviction Notice 1
The Direct Hit 1
The Flare Gun 1
The Liberty Launcher 1
The Sandvich 1
The Family Business 1
The Half-Zatoichi 1
The Vita-Saw 1
Mann Co. Supply Crate 1
The Equalizer 1
The Flare Gun 1
Frontier Justice 1
The Amputator 1
The Brass Beast 1
Mercenary 1
The Boston Basher 1
The Southern Hospitality 1
Mann Co. Supply Crate 1
The Sydney Sleeper 1
Mann Co. Supply Crate 1
Ghastly Gibus 1
The Half-Zatoichi 1
The Proof of Purchase 1
The Flare Gun 1
The Fan O'War 1

The only stuff really worth anything are the three genuine items from the witcher 2. You could get a game for those 3. Forget about everything else though.

Detox

SteveWinwood said:
The only stuff really worth anything are the three genuine items from the witcher 2. You could get a game for those 3. Forget about everything else though.
Thanks, would a $15 game be pushing it too far?

Derrick01

Banned
Bakphoon said:
That would be about right. But you would need a buyer.

Yeah I've been trying to find one to get rid of the Witcher stuff, all I want is Bastion but it's not as easy to find people as I thought it would be. Even on the steam forums

Blackface

Banned
Have not played TF2 in a long time. Noticed spy has a dagger that allows you to cloak as the person you killed.

1. How rare is this?
2. What would I have to trade to acquire this item

thanks.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Blackface said:
Have not played TF2 in a long time. Noticed spy has a dagger that allows you to cloak as the person you killed.

1. How rare is this?

thanks.

All weapons are very common, you can generally do one-to-one trades for them. A scrap will definitely get you it.

Tenck

Blackface said:

1. How rare is this?

thanks.

I would give you one for free if you'd like.

Derrick01 said:
Yeah I've been trying to find one to get rid of the Witcher stuff, all I want is Bastion but it's not as easy to find people as I thought it would be. Even on the steam forums
I get off of work in 4 hours. I might buy you bastion for all 3 items then if you still want it.

Tenck

Bakphoon said:
Don't trust him! Even your best friend could backstab you!

:p

Sheesh people are acting like I'm some sort of rogue-like player who back stabs them in video games all the time.

Where would you get such ideas?!?!

Switters

Dreams-Visions said:
his password must be a 30 character string or something. That's a 6-figure backpack. Maybe $20,000.00, give or take.

I've always wondered. Yea, probably. Smooth-talking newbs out of them or something. idk. He obviously unboxed many (see: number of paints he has), but I can't imagine he opened enough crates to have 100 unusuals. That would require the opening of something like 10,000 crates, give or take. and even then, the effects would be much more varied.

My guess is he's sunk in a ton of cash...but I just wonder why.

He said in an interview (i don't have the link) that he had invested $50,000 last year, and that he's already made over 20k in profit. It's pretty much his full time job as he's one of the most respected traders out there. I hate him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blackface said:

1. How rare is this?

thanks.
The thing is very common, it is worth at best one scrap metal, but you could likely do a 1:1 trade with anyone who isn't looking to profit.

And Vehn, how much for the following? These are the strange weapons you own that I don't have:
Bonesaw, Razorback, Syringe Gun, Jarate, Eyelander

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tried in the regular thread. Anyone willing UKer willing to get me the killer exclusive hat?

Will paypal price of mag.

God, I'm part of the problem...

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
Tried in the regular thread. Anyone willing UKer willing to get me the killer exclusive hat?

Will paypal price of mag.

God, I'm part of the problem...

Not part, you are the problem.

Tenck said:
Sheesh people are acting like I'm some sort of rogue-like player who back stabs them in video games all the time.

Where would you get such ideas?!?!
You guys should listen to Tenck. I've healed him, and he's only backstabbed me like, three times.

Switters said:
He said in an interview (i don't have the link) that he had invested $50,000 last year, and that he's already made over 20k in profit. It's pretty much his full time job as he's one of the most respected traders out there. I hate him.
$20k in profit? I wonder what his breakdown was between buying hats for cash and opening crates. What the proportions were. Really, unusuals don't appreciate in value from what I've seen. Only Buds/Bills/Max seem to fluctuate.

Assuming he has his fair share of Buds and Maxes, he must be buying unusuals for low from people just looking to get rid of them and selling them for decent profit.

He's been on my friends list for some time and indeed, he's almost always on.

Regardless, I'm impressed if he's really made that much.

List has been updated with modifications and new items. Still looking for a S. Medi Gun for 1.33 Ref.

Updated List:

Strange Crusader's Crossbow - 1 Reclaimed
Strange Syringe Gun - 1 Reclaimed - On Hold -
Frontier Justice - 1 Scrap
Nessie's Nine Iron - 1 Scrap
The Battalion's Backup - 1 Scrap
The Family Business - 1 Scrap
The Machina - 2 Scraps
The Postal Pummeler - 1 Scrap
The Razorback - 1 Scrap
The Solemn Vow - 1 Scrap

Top Bottom