• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wickerbasket said:
The prices some of these hats go for are ridiculous.

Who exactly are these people spending half a grand on virtual hats?
Financially healthy people with money to spare. To them the hats seem like chump change.

AcciDante said:
If it's not a fuck-ton of stuff, I can do it if you ever see me on.

I might have to take you up on that offer. I'll build up a little bit more but it won't be much. Just some weapons and two keys.

Bakphoon

Wickerbasket said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I thought I'd try anyways.

I've just started playing again recently and I bought some keys to open some crates. After about 5 crates I've got two Unusual hats but I don't know what they're worth.

I read the OP and I've tried using that unusual hat website but some hats arn't priced there and I don't know what units the prices are in.

If anyone can help me value my hats I'd appreciate it.

The hats are:
Unusual Hound Dog with Smoking effect &
Unusual Triboniophorus Tyrannus with Nuts N' Bolts effect

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wickerbasket/inventory/#440

Some people like me get ONLY crap from their crates (charging targe, eyelander, boston baher, pain train over and over)

ARGH!
And you spent $12.50 to get like $300 (or even more)

SO JEALOUS

Bakphoon said:
Some people like me get ONLY crap from their crates (charging targe, eyelander, boston baher, pain train over and over)

ARGH!
And you spent $12.50 to get like $300 (or even more)

SO JEALOUS
If it makes you feel any better, the hats are for classes I don't play much.

I appreciate how lucky I was though since it's a 1% chance of a hat drop, I just wish it had been a soldier or medic unusual.

Wickerbasket said:
If it makes you feel any better, the hats are for classes I don't play much.

I appreciate how lucky I was though since it's a 1% chance of a hat drop, I just wish it had been a soldier or medic unusual.

OR you could be me; get a genuinely good hat on your 5th crate and immediately get scammed out of it because you haven't played the game in years and had no idea a particle effect was worth hundreds of dollars :/

UnluckyKate said:
So how much a spacechem pin is worth ?

.01 cents right now(the price some douches paying for the bundle).
The bundle ends in a week I believe, so after that the prices will level out id think

Thagomizer said:
OR you could be me; get a genuinely good hat on your 5th crate and immediately get scammed out of it because you haven't played the game in years and had no idea a particle effect was worth hundreds of dollars :/
Poor guy, I can imagine how much it sucks to find out you basically gave away a hat worth that much.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

windz

Wickerbasket said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I thought I'd try anyways.

I've just started playing again recently and I bought some keys to open some crates. After about 5 crates I've got two Unusual hats but I don't know what they're worth.

I read the OP and I've tried using that unusual hat website but some hats arn't priced there and I don't know what units the prices are in.

If anyone can help me value my hats I'd appreciate it.

The hats are:
Unusual Hound Dog with Smoking effect &
Unusual Triboniophorus Tyrannus with Nuts N' Bolts effect

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wickerbasket/inventory/#440

Wow, just wow. I wish I had your luck. Gratz on the uncrates...I know of people who open 100+ and don't get a single unusual.

As for getting scammed...that's just a horrible situation. Apparently it's very common in the trading community, but there are trusted sites/people who can help you out with these things. Sucks there isn't some way of players getting into the trading game for the first time to know about them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thagomizer said:
:lol

Well, it was only a digital cosmetic item. Honestly, Gaffers have this thread and baha and division and Cuban to go to for help. No reason you need to trade for it blind.

Makes ya feel better, I quit 8 months ago and gave everything I could give away. I didn't get hung uo on losing anything.

windz

Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol

Well, it was only a digital cosmetic item. Honestly, Gaffers have this thread and baha and division and Cuban to go to for help. No reason you need to trade for it blind.

Makes ya feel better, I quit 8 months ago and gave everything I could give away. I didn't get hung uo on losing anything.

I got big into trading/caught up in getting as many hats as I could, then realized I spent all my time trading and not enough time playing, so quit after about 2 weeks of heavy trading. Quite glad I did, but I still open every crate I find 8(.

XeroSauce

XeroSauce said:
Buying Stranges:
Scattergun - 1.33 Ref
Grenade Launcher - 1.33 Ref
Eyelander - 0.33 Ref

Black Box - 1.66 Ref
Axetinguisher 0.66 Ref
Flare Gun - 0.33 Ref
Frontier Justice - 0.33 Ref
Jarate - 0.33 Ref

Jag - 0.33 Ref​

Hurry! Sell me all those Stranges you have!

Buying Hats:
Pyro Mask - 1.66 Ref
Pocket Medic - 2 Keys
Pipe and Chops - 2 Keys + 1 Ref
Charmer's Chapeau - 1.33 Ref
Tyrants Helm (V = 3 ref, nV = 2 ref)
Hotrod (Vint = 2.66 Ref, nV = 1.66 ref)

Selling Hats:
Honchos Headgear - 2.66 Ref
Ze Googles - 1.66 Ref
Vintage Stainless Pot - 2.66 Ref

Keys - 2.33 Ref or Nice Hats
Metal - Nice Hats

I accept keys as 2.11 ref and any craft hats as 1.11 ref.
Bold is priority.

If I get the chops I might keep the Honchos.

Also buying any and all Tags for 0.33 Reclaimed a pop.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/falerix

Reposting. A few of you added me but we didn't get the trades done.

Relax.MX

2 days...2 good drops:
Backpack_Prancer%27s_Pride.png

Backpack_Deus_Specs.png

I like the second one for me sniper, but the first is worth something? i just want hats for me sniper and enginer...

XeroSauce

Relax.MX said:
2 days...2 good drops:
[IMG.]http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/56/Backpack_Prancer%27s_Pride.png[/IMG]

[IMG.]http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/c/c2/Backpack_Deus_Specs.png[/IMG]

I like the second one for me sniper, but the first is worth something? i just want hats for me sniper and enginer...

Pride is not bad, I've seen them go for 1.66 but you'll have to get luck.y Not many people like them.

BUT YOU GOT DESU SPECS AS A DROP. SO NOW I HATE YOU.

/jealous

Stuff for sale!

VlVu7.png

Top Row (Machina, Original): 2 scrap
Second Row (Cow Mangler, Bison, Winger): 1 scrap
Everything else: 1:1 any weapon

PM me or add me: /id/divisionbyzorro
I'll be at my computer off and on, but extremely distracted with a newborn baby :) Don't be offended if it takes me a while to respond.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for Name and Description tags... trading a rec each.

Wendel Clark said:
Weapons: Scrap each, or 1:1 for a weapon on my wishlist

Wishlist: Dead Ringer, Direct Hit, Black Box, Reserve Shooter, Cow Mangler, Sticky Jumper, Persian Persuader, Enforcer
Got a bunch of extras from your wishlist: Dead Ringer, Direct Hit, Black Box (crafted... has my goofy name on it), Cow Mangler, and Enforcer. 1 of 'em for the Machina?

windz

divisionbyzorro said:
I just sold 3 #29s (the most recent series) for a scrap on a trade server.

Most crates tend to go 8 for a scrap.

This. I have found many trades where I could get 8 crates for a scrap. Some people ask 6/scrap, 4/scrap, just depends on who's selling and who's buying. But 8/scrap is fairly common.

Since I like you TF2 guys, I have an extra Uncharted Multiplayer code if anyone wants it. Just send me a PM. I also still have those "thank a player" notifications, so if anyone wants a free pair of professor specks, let me know.

Relax.MX said:
Selling this:
Athletic Supporter
Superfan
Brain Bucket (genuine)
Dead Cone (genuine)
Pip-Boy (genuine)

How much do you want for the Pip Boy?

Tkawsome said:
Since I like you TF2 guys, I have an extra Uncharted Multiplayer code if anyone wants it. Just send me a PM. I also still have those "thank a player" notifications, so if anyone wants a free pair of professor specks, let me know.
If no one has taken on your offer, I'd love to have the specks. =D

tangmaster96 said:
Maybe...Maybe...
Unlikely, I know. =(

Sgt.Pepper said:
If no one has taken on your offer, I'd love to have the specks. =D

Send me an invite. Steam name: TKAwsome.

That "thank you" gives out the Specks every time right? I sent myself a pair from my alt account, and I remember the wording being a little weird.

Tkawsome said:

That "thank you" gives out the Specks every time right? I sent myself a pair from my alt account, and I remember the wording being a little weird.

Yes. The wording is meant to convey that it won't give you a second pair if you already have one.

Tkawsome said:

That's weird, I thought I had you already. But it was another TK that had awesome in his username too, turned out to be the display name. lol

Sgt.Pepper said:
That's weird, I thought I had you already. But it was another TK that had awesome in his username too, turned out to be the display name. lol

Huh? There's more of me?

Anyways, just sent the specks.

1up

Selling
2 S. Axtinguishers
2 S. Jarate
1 S. Medigun
1 S. Bonesaw
1 S. Crusaders Crossbow

>_>

Seeing that other gaffer get two unusuals made me go on a shameful spree. :(

/id/1upgamer

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
1up said:
Selling
2 S. Axtinguishers
2 S. Jarate
1 S. Medigun
1 S. Bonesaw
1 S. Crusaders Crossbow

>_>

Seeing that other gaffer get two unusuals made me go on a shameful spree. :(

/id/1upgamer
You get anything though :p

DON'T FALL INTO VALVE'S TRAP! I THINK THAT GAFFER IS A PLANT!!!!!!

FountainPlant_OphiopogonJaponicusWFPS_C1094.jpg

OMG Aero

windz said:
This. I have found many trades where I could get 8 crates for a scrap. Some people ask 6/scrap, 4/scrap, just depends on who's selling and who's buying. But 8/scrap is fairly common.
In that case then, if anyone wants to trade some scrap for some crates let me know.
I have all sorts of crates on the last two pages of my backpack and I'll trade any 8 for one scrap apart from series 29 which are one scrap each since they are apparently worth more.
http://tf2b.com/?id=omgaero

Top Bottom