• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Goon Boon

Banned
I'm a tf2tp mod now, so if anyone's got any issues with scamming or site problems or such then feel free to post here, send me a pm, or talk on steam if you're on my steam list. pew pew

Yeef

SteveWinwood said:
He gives you the server. What have you given to him?
"The" server? TWO servers! I also gave him a copy of Costume Quest! Also, I am his muse (and everyone else's)!

SteveWinwood said:
You are my muse. I will draw you like a naked french chick.

Sq50d.jpg

Maffis

Anyone have a Whiff of the Old Brimstone? I want to trade a Villain's Veil + 1 refined for it. Don't really play sniper.

ArtistDude88 said:
How much do Mauls go for? Debating if I want to gamble on making tokens and junk for one.

like 1-2ref (closer to 2 but id imagine dropping quickly)....genuines (which im looking for but clearly cant afford) are like a bud

The warehouse buys them for 1.35, and sells them for 1.5, and those are mostly fair prices.

When you consider that it costs 8 weapons to token craft, and the number of Pyro melee weapons that exist, it's not worth the risk.

Although, the odds of "winning" are probably better than crafting hats from metal, so...

wow someone just cleaned up....dumped a ENTIRE haunted set.

i worked to hard for my set....ill die with them in my bp

the fuk...i bought a vintage facade labeled with a distictive lack...and even in trade it showed black splash....its team spirit

Bakphoon

JackFrost said:

the fuk...i bought a vintage facade labeled with a distictive lack...and even in trade it showed black splash....its team spirit

Steam trade is derping often. I had this color problem a few times. Also it shows the levels of odd leveled items with their normal level.

Can I get a rough estimate price check on a Searing Plasma Samur-eye?

I'm able to buy one right now for $74.99. Is this a good deal if i want to resell it for higher?

Zel3

Setvan2734 said:

I'm able to buy one right now for $74.99. Is this a good deal if i want to resell it for higher?

dude

that's an amazing offer

almost sounds too good. be careful

Goon Boon

Banned
Setvan2734 said:

Probably a good deal, but if you're paying cash or buying games, make sure you get a middle man or that they aren't just tricking you into buying $75 of games, or that they still have the hat. Document all the things!

XeroSauce

JackFrost said:

Yea, I had this too...it was for a Sign of Wolf's School so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Setvan2734 said:

Might be one of the stolen ones, just fyi.

I'd imagine some people in the HAT COMMUNITY will look at original ID and CSI that back or something. Just me.
As said, use sourceop middleman.

JackFrost said:

They were going for as much as $70 for a full haunted set middle of last week.

Setvan2734 said:

yea, make sure it's not hot. that's like a $200 hat.

So by the weekend, I should have enough saved up to buy a Strange Gunslinger. By my estimation (unless the last smurf drops a hat or something) I'll have 13.66 ref equivalent to spend, which seems to be about what they're going for these days (5-6 keys). I'd rather buy from GAF if possible; does anyone perchance have one for sale?

desh

divisionbyzorro said:
So by the weekend, I should have enough saved up to buy a Strange Gunslinger. By my estimation (unless the last smurf drops a hat or something) I'll have 13.66 ref equivalent to spend, which seems to be about what they're going for these days (5-6 keys). I'd rather buy from GAF if possible; does anyone perchance have one for sale?
Why is the strange gunslinger worth so much?

Edit: Oh it only drops from crate 30. Surely that will change, when the next crates come out.

desh said:
Why is the strange gunslinger worth so much?

Edit: Oh it only drops from crate 30. Surely that will change, when the next crates come out.

It's possible it will be repeated in a common crate, but not until all the other weapons have been stranged (at least, if the pattern continues).

What's more likely is that when crate 30 is discontinued, the price will go up (like what happened to the Rocket Launcher and Sticky Launcher) - hence why I'm trying to get one right now. I'd really like to get the rest of the series 30 stranges, but I doubt that my puny little operation will be able to smurf enough metal to do so before the crate gets discontinued.

All right! I got a Strange Gunslinger for 13.33 ref. I probably overpaid just a little (and with my luck, a common crate will come out with it next week), but I now have one of my top two most desired stranges (the other being the non-existent Strange Huntsman).

EDIT: Whoops; did the math wrong. It was 10 ref + 1 key, so 12.33 ref.

divisionbyzorro said:
All right! I got a Strange Gunslinger for 13.33 ref. I probably overpaid just a little (and with my luck, a common crate will come out with it next week), but I now have one of my top two most desired stranges (the other being the non-existent Strange Huntsman).

I'm guessing its time for some mini sentry montage then

Lookin' for an Ol' Snaggletooth to complete all of my Polycount sets!

Also I have a spare Scottish Handshake if anyone wants
to trade for it

notice they got keys a crates...keys 10000 flat (thats like 2.22 i think....division can give us a exact ref match with his fancy shmancy hack codes).

and they just lost another point....seems you can reserve in stock "specific variants" for 2.5% im guessing thats paint so went to look and found a bunch of bot listings but no pics of these variants.....maybe the bots like strippers now and you can tip your favorite a little more....idk

edit:apparently this shows all info....crafted by, gifted by, color etc

They are taking crates now; weird. 50 credits per crate, max of 7 crates per trade. That's 10 crates to get a scrap's worth of credit. Certainly less than "market value," but at least there's a guaranteed buyer (for now). If I were you, I would immediately trade all of my crates in there while they're still buying.

Managed to offload my small stash of crates and take back a scrap metal and a Strange Razorback (yep, still building up the strange collection).

UnluckyKate said:
I'm just off TF2 WH and I see some HHH axe going from 50 000 to 35 000 credits there ? So much really ? Why the difference ?

The HHH Axe technically is "unusual," which means it's sold on consignment. The seller gets to set the price.

divisionbyzorro said:
Managed to offload my small stash of crates and take back a scrap metal and a Strange Razorback (yep, still building up the strange collection).
you cant be far off from completion.?.?.?

im still a gen volcano axe, maul and gen maul(which ill probably never get) away from my pyro wep collection...then onto hats

JackFrost said:
you cant be far off from completion.?.?.?

I am missing a few, actually:

• Scout: Scattergun, Holy Mackerel
  • Soldier: None
  • Pyro: None
  • Demoman: Stickybomb Launcher, Ullapool Caber
  • Heavy: Brass Beast, Fists
  • Engineer: Jag
  • Medic: Kritzkrieg, Ubersaw
  • Sniper: Machina
  • Spy: Knife

The Series #30 stranges really screwed up my collection. I could have bought all of the other (non #30) stranges I'm missing twice over for what I paid for the Gunslinger. But I don't regret it! Gunslinger Engie is one of my favorite things to do in this game.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
divisionbyzorro said:
I am missing a few, actually:

• Scout: Scattergun, Holy Mackerel
  • Soldier: None
  • Pyro: None
  • Demoman: Stickybomb Launcher, Ullapool Caber
  • Heavy: Brass Beast, Fists
  • Engineer: Jag
  • Medic: Kritzkrieg, Ubersaw
  • Sniper: Machina
  • Spy: Ambassador, Knife

I've got a strange Ambassador I never use... 4 scrap or a strange Powerjack or the three Halloween hats I'm missing (Spy/Sniper/Engie) and you can have it.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/charron

JackFrost said:
eh? they like 2scrap and change at wh...If you need them and are broke ill buyem forya to help your collection out

Hehe no worries. I'll end up getting them from my leftovers next drop cycle. The only reason I'm missing them is because I threw my leftovers at the Razorback over the Fists, pretty much arbitrarily. I never use the fists (hell, I never use most of the stranges I have) so I haven't been terribly worried about it.

This all really started because I got the Schadenfreude in a drop, and I couldn't sell it for what I thought was a reasonable price. But then the warehouse was buying it for above spreadsheet price, and selling stranges for below spreadsheet price, so I decided to start a collection.

I'm a bit worried about what the collector in me will start doing when the #30 stranges are the only ones left. I'd like to think I have the self-control to leave real money out of the equation, but...

DTKT said:
So, I have about 10-11 refined metal. What can I do with it? I have really no idea. :/
you can give it to me.

Depends really...you can offer it up for DLC if you dont play TF2... sell it for real cash ($0.85-$0.90 each i believe is rate now) buy keys,buy weapons/hats.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
JackFrost said:
notice they got keys a crates...keys 10000 flat (thats like 2.22 i think....division can give us a exact ref match with his fancy shmancy hack codes).

I've gotten 9 keys so far from there.

and yes that's 2.22 ref, they were talking about needing to raise the price in their chat.

Top Bottom