• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Here's an interesting utility to price out your backpack in terms of Warehouse Credits, Refined, and estimated $USD:

http://tf2wh.teamfortress.org/

I think it uses credits as the primary currency, which will skew the results a little bit (especially with regards to keys and higher value items), but it's interesting to look at regardless.

divisionbyzorro said:
Here's an interesting utility to price out your backpack in terms of Warehouse Credits, Refined, and estimated $USD:

http://tf2wh.teamfortress.org/

I think it uses credits as the primary currency, which will skew the results a little bit (especially with regards to keys and higher value items), but it's interesting to look at regardless.
ive been using that awhile....double edge sword it is..its nice seeing your value go up steadily but depressing as fuk looking at the bigger BPs they list

JackFrost said:
ive been using that awhile....double edge sword it is..its nice seeing your value go up steadily but depressing as fuk looking at the bigger BPs they list
haha word.

I see a guy with like 20 unusual team captains? don't those go for like $300 each, minimum? and as much as $1200?

divisionbyzorro said:
Did you earn that HOUWAR? That's quite an impressive feat if so.

EDIT: You can fake me out! And yeah, I think it's estimating way low on the price of unusuals.
Edit: Hell no! Traded some extra games I had for it.

Also, I thought the edit was much more interesting! 20 who just hordes dozens of Unusual Team Captains?!? That's like...$10,000 in virtual items...that may or may not hold their value (who knows what may happen tomorrow to crash the "market"). Seems a dangerous game.

mojiimbo said:
Yeah, but it's not that much of a difference and lot of people don't care about it.

yeah i think its just a recl or 2 max

depends on if your trading with a hard core trader or a person who is just happy to get a hat

like me

desh

rezuth said:
Are items you crafted, like hats and such worth less than if you find them?
No, they are not worth less (you can remove the craft name). Sometimes they are worth more (if it has a craft #). Gifted items and items that cannot be used in crafting, however, are worth less.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
OMG Aero said:
Why are crafted items worth less? You can remove the "Crafted by:" text.

Because there are many people that don't know you can remove it. =p

mojiimbo

OMG Aero said:
Why are crafted items worth less?
Because there are a lot of OCD weirdos that make up the TF2 trading community. You can remove the crafter's name but the craft number still shows up on external backpack websites like TF2TP or when you list an item on TF2Outpost. If it's a hot item you will be able to sell it quicker or you might even find someone who will pay a little(1 reclaimed, maybe 2 depending on the base price) extra to have the dropped version. Lots of people don't care about it so I wouldn't really worry about it, though.

I crafted and sold The Widowmaker #6666 for a Strange Knife, a Vintage Kunai, and a Reclaimed + Scrap Metal to a guy who was obsessed with collecting Ellis Caps and Vintage Jarates.

If that tells you anything about how some of the people act in this community.

Bakphoon

divisionbyzorro said:
I can't open it. TF2TP is slow as hell around here. What is it?

A Unusual Spine Chilling Skull (2010) with Haunted Ghosts and Level 154.

I'll provide a direct link to the item, if it loads faster this way:

http://tf2b.com/item/76561198026847865/575179741

divisionbyzorro said:
I did some research. The story goes something like this:

http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=58038752

If that story is true, I kinda feel like trying to sell it is a shitty thing to do.

Ah, thank you. Haven't known that.

welp to add to discussion about value of craftable/noncraftable/dropped.

Seems now you can see the craft# even after wiping through bpexaminer,tfop etc (sutting with steam api update i think it said) so the value should def have a difference now as im already looking for non numbered items to replace the numbered ones spoiling my collection.

ArtistDude88 said:
Still looking for a Ol' Snaggletooth!

I can pick one up forya but they like 2+ ref at the wh....at op they might be cheaper...usually id just buy it for you but im pretty freaking team fortress poor atm

thefuk!!!! 20,000(4.44ref) for a key....drugs are bad

Iadien

divisionbyzorro said:
Hehe. That's someone selling a key on commission. Nobody is going to buy it.

I have already seen several sell for that price, I'm debating doing it. lol

Iadien

I've noticed a lot problems with keys being up for trade. it's frustrating when the "want it" button doesn't appear and stays at "reserve" but gives an error about "want it", then the item is taken. I have also seen many keys go into the store, but never go up for trade.

Oh cool, the warehouse is out of beta. And if you traded anything into them in the past week, they gave you some credits to say "thanks" (looks like 0.5 ref worth). That'll be another free strange for me! :)

EDIT: Oh, I also noticed that they're not giving away the 500 free credits anymore either.

General announcement.

To those that have had dealings avec moi, would you be kind enough to write on profile on steam thanking me for being a hero to all and thoroughbred legend?

Thank you.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
General announcement.

To those that have had dealings avec moi, would you be kind enough to write on profile on steam thanking me for being a hero to all and thoroughbred legend?

Thank you.
Would "Scum that got Skyward Sword before me" satisfy?

Just joking. Kinda.

DAMN YOU! =( =( =(

Check your profile.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
General announcement.

Thank you.

I'll be honest: I forgot who you were on Steam. Finally figured it out. I left a comment.

Anyone have vintage versions of the Magistrate's Mullet and Backbiter's Billycock?

I have the the non-vintage ones and would like to trade'em + some metal for the vintage versions :D

And I'm still looking for a Snaggletooth :(

Relax.MX

Looking for Oblivion Deluxe:

I have to trade:

Deus Ex Specs
Old Guadalajara
Larrikin Robin
Prancer's Pride
Scottish Snarl
Baseball Bill's Sports Shine
Genuine Plants vs Zombies Hats

Offers?