• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Bakphoon

vehn said:
Godamn almost lost 2 unusuals to a scam, thank god for steamrep.com

Same here with my unusual. But im getting Error 403 on steamrep.com and so i have always to ask friends for checking :(

Alienups

Still looking to sell some stranges

Half-Zatoichi
Black Box
Bushwaka
Eyelander

Also have two strange ubersaws but those aren't trade-able yet

offer away

01DragonFly

UPDATING MY LIST
Looking to trade 1:1
normal:normal
haunted:haunted

I have this normal Halloween items:

Scout:
B-ankh x3
the Futankhamunx1

Heavy:
Steel stompers x2

Soldier:
Steel Pipes x 4
shoe string budget

Pyro:
Tail of the Crypt

Demoman:
Scottish Snarl x2
Pickled Paws x 2

Heavy:
Soviet Stitch-Up x2

Engineer:
Frontier Flyboy x3
legend of the bug foot

Sniper:
Silver Bullets

Spy:
Intangible Ascot

Haunted:
Tails from the Crypt
Pickled Paws

Items I Want:
Pyro:Fallen Angel
heavy:Can Opener
Demoman:Hair of the Dog
Scout:Wrap Battler

Also have paper bag hats:
medic
soldier
sniper x2

want: demoman ,engineer ,scout paper bags

http://steamcommunity.com/id/01DragonFly

XeroSauce

ZekeThePlumber said:
I've gots a bunch more costume parts to sell and this might be the last of my inventory. Two scraps for normal parts and I will take offers for haunted items. Just add me http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995016724/ if you're interested or shoot me a message.

Normal:
Demo
2 Scottish Snarl
2 Pickled Paws
Engie
3 Frontier Flyboy
2 Legend of Bugfoot
Heavy
1 Can Opener
1 Steel-toed Stompers
Pyro
1 Fallen Angel
Medic
1 Emerald Jarate
Scout
2 B-ankh
5 Futankhamun
Sniper
2 Silver Bullet
Soldier
1 Idiot Box
1 Steel Pipes
4 Shoestring Budget
Spy
2 Under Cover
1 Griffin's Gog

Haunted:
Demo
2 Scottish Snarl
Engie
1 Frontier Flyboy
2 Legend of Bugfoot
Heavy
1 Soviet Stitch-up
Medic
2 Dr. Gogglestache
Soldier
1 Steel Pipes

I'll take one please.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/falerix

screenshot20111107at309.png

Pardon my asking, but I always wonder about these kinds of trade requests. I see these a lot and they never, ever make any sense to me.

In this example, if a person has a fire hat and pink paint, why would they trade you the individual parts, as opposed to simply painting their own firemen's hat pink with the pink paint they already have? There is no incentive here at all for anyone to go through the process of adding you, waiting for acknowledgement and doing this trade at all. Maybe if a scrap or 2 were included someone might find it interesting...but otherwise, what's the point? the other party gains nothing at all, while the other guy gains 2 separate items they can sell easily for more or use for something else.

or am I retarded?

Dreams-Visions said:
But...why would someone do that?

Do people actually take up these offers? It's a stupid request, is it not?
They do. There was a guy buying stranges below the normal price (rocket launcher 1ref for example), many people did it AND if you sell less than 2.33 ref (according to the prices he listed), he charged you 20% for such a small trade. It was pretty ridiculous.

Sgt.Pepper said:
They do. There was a guy buying stranges below the normal price (rocket launcher 1ref for example), many people did it AND if you sell less than 2.33 ref (according to the prices he listed), he charged you 20% for such a small trade. It was pretty ridiculous.
Baffling. Simply baffling.

XeroSauce

Dreams-Visions said:
But...why would someone do that?

Do people actually take up these offers? It's a stupid request, is it not?

I've done it before for a 2 scrap commission.

These types of things have to be worked out before hand.

Capndrake

Still trying to get one last haunted hat, willing to trade 3-4 haunted items for it, or 7-8 regular ones.

I need:
-Hair of the Dog

I've got (Haunted):
-Futankhamun
-Shoestring Budget
-Scottish Snarl
-Soviet Stitch-Up
-Frontier Flyboy
-Legend of Bugfoot x2
-Dr. Gogglestache
-Silver Bullets

Add me if interested, please.

01DragonFly

UPDATE
01DragonFly said:

Looking to trade 1:1
All are Normal items

I have this normal Halloween items:

Scout:
B-ankh x2

Heavy:
Steel stompers

Soldier:
Steel Pipes x 3

Pyro:
Tail of the Crypt

Demoman:
Scottish Snarl
Pickled Paws

Heavy:
Soviet Stitch-Up

Engineer:
Frontier Flyboy x2

Items I Want:

heavy:Can Opener
Demoman:Hair of the Dog
Scout:Wrap Battler

Also have paper bag hats:
soldier
sniper

want: demoman and scout paper bags

http://steamcommunity.com/id/01DragonFly

I haven't really played much for a long while, but I got back into the game the very last day of the Halloween update.

So I've realized I should probably sell all my crates since I'm never going to buy a key. I have 8.

19, 20, 21, 21, 23, 25, 29, 32

Steam ID is CajoleJuice. I don't even know what's fair for these. A strange item for each? The only item I kinda want at the moment is a Blazing Bull, though, just to complete the Pyro Halloween outfit. Oh, and I guess I'll sell my Pyro mask to anyone who needs it. It's the only one I have, so it's not like I'm going to complete the Saxton Hale Mask. Although I guess I could trade for the rest of them. Nah.

Maffis

Sorry but crates really aren't worth a lot. I think you could get a random weapon for a crate (or a scrap for some really early ones (like nr. 1-5) and the latest ones, but a strange weapon for any crate is just... not happening. Unless you have a #30 crate; they are rare and could fetch you a couple of strange weapons.

mojiimbo

CajoleJuice said:
I haven't really played much for a long while, but I got back into the game the very last day of the Halloween update.

So I've realized I should probably sell all my crates since I'm never going to buy a key. I have 8.

Steam ID is CajoleJuice. I don't even know what's fair for these. A strange item for each? The only item I kinda want at the moment is a Blazing Bull, though, just to complete the Pyro Halloween outfit. Oh, and I guess I'll sell my Pyro mask to anyone who needs it. It's the only one I have, so it's not like I'm going to complete the Saxton Hale Mask. Although I guess I could trade for the rest of them. Nah.
You don't actually need to craft the mask so if you only want it for the achievement you could just have someone lend it to you.

mojiimbo said:
You don't actually need to craft the mask so if you only want it for the achievement you could just have someone lend it to you.
Cool, I'll just do that, then.
Sorry but crates really aren't worth a lot. I think you could get a random weapon for a crate (or a scrap for some really early ones (like nr. 1-5) and the latest ones, but a strange weapon for any crate is just... not happening. Unless you have a #30 crate; they are rare and could fetch you a couple of strange weapons.
19 and 20 are worth a scrap, but not the others.
Ah, ok guys. Thanks. Funny you should mention a 30 crate, I traded a 30 yesterday... for just one strange weapon. Another person in the server saying how I got screwed gave me the idea to post in here haha.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
CajoleJuice said:
Cool, I'll just do that, then.

Ah, ok guys. Thanks. Funny you should mention a 30 crate, I traded a 30 yesterday... for just one strange weapon. Another person in the server saying how I got screwed gave me the idea to post in here haha.

crate 30 is very rare. ugh so many people get taken advantage of. well, which strange did he give you? maybe it was at least one from crate 30.

windz

CajoleJuice said:

I'll take those crates off your hands for a rec. 1 scrap for 19 and 1 for 20, and a scrap for the other 6. Let me know if that works, I'll add ya later when I'm off work.

windz said:
I'll take those crates off your hands for a rec. 1 scrap for 19 and 1 for 20, and a scrap for the other 6. Let me know if that works, I'll add ya later when I'm off work.
This is good, right, guys? Right?

In all honesty, I didn't realize trading was such serious business. This is what happens when you play for a few days once or twice a year. I have ~100 hours even though I've had the game since before launch (Premeval Warrior!).

Iadien

CajoleJuice said:
This is good, right, guys? Right?

In all honesty, I didn't realize trading was such serious business. This is what happens when you play for a few days once or twice a year. I have ~100 hours even though I've had the game since before launch (Premeval Warrior!).

That trade is fine. That #30 crate is worth around 4/5 keys.

Iadien said:
That's trade is fine. That #30 crate is worth around 4/5 keys.
Haha that's what the dude in the server said. Oh well. I think I'll live being swindled in a trade of virtual items. Thanks again for the info.

I officially like TF2 Warehouse now.

Picked up:

Attendant
Salty Dog
Spy Inspector Hat
Degroot Experience
Demo Pirate Hat

for a 6 or 7 hats that I never, ever wear anymore and that would have been hard to sell for the metal I would have used to buy those hats with anyway.

Seems like a great service for items that just aren't in your rotation anymore and don't want to spend the energy trying to sell.

Fun fact: Refined metal is worth more to their system (4500 credits) than 3 individual reclaimed metals (1200 credits x3). they should fix that. it makes no sense.

Dreams-Visions said:
Fun fact: Refined metal is worth more to their system (4500 credits) than 3 individual reclaimed metals (1200 credits x3). they should fix that. it makes no sense.

It's to discourage people filling up the trade bots limited inventory space with scrap/reclaimed metal.

Iadien

Dreams-Visions said:
I officially like TF2 Warehouse now.

I agree, once they fix some bugs, and stop hoarding the keys (Fuck them for doing that) that are traded in, it will be great.

Iadien said:
I agree, once they fix some bugs, and stop hoarding the keys (Fuck them for doing that) that are traded in, it will be great.

They're not hoarding them, right? They're keeping them as profit and opening crates to hunt for unusuals; at least, that's what I assumed.

Iadien

divisionbyzorro said:
They're not hoarding them, right? They're keeping them as profit and opening crates to hunt for unusuals; at least, that's what I assumed.

Triddin said that the reason they are keeping keys is because they allowed crates to be traded in, and people took advantage of it, so they're keeping the keys to open up the crates that they received. I don't believe that BS excuse though.

I see nothing wrong with them keeping keys. It's their site, they're handling the economy. It's not the kind of site I expect to ever go to to buy keys anyway.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
CajoleJuice said:
Just saw this post. Could I have all but the Pyro mask so I can get the Saxton Hale mask crafting achievement? And the Blazing Bull? I'll give you a few crates!
I was just giving away my dupes, sorry dude.

Iadien

butter_stick said:
I see nothing wrong with them keeping keys. It's their site, they're handling the economy. It's not the kind of site I expect to ever go to to buy keys anyway.

I'd rather them be honest about it. You'd be surprised how many keys are traded in.

wow...Just checked into TFWH....they finally adjusted haunted prices....shame, the other day i was making a killing flipping heads.

im still on the fence there...sometimes its great others i get aggravated....guess overall its really good though, but im starting to get a head crab collection cause i cant help getting them when they painted big colors. Though my pyro page starting to fill out nicely.

and yeah Tridden full of shit with that lame key excuse...he hoarding (which fine by me) but still shady none-the-less

Top Bottom