• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
butter_stick said:
It's not normal, it's strange. All those items are.

Trust me I'm not that much of a cunt. I guess it's hard to tell with that screenshot though.
I retract the statement then. Maybe I'm getting a little too jaded by the hoarders and their incredible desire to catch 'em all.

I've mostly given up on trying to trade things, most weapons are worthless and any hats I get I'd rather just try and recraft.

I can't resist opening crates though, so I have tons of strange weapons that I figure it I may as well trade.

Keep in mind the google spreadsheet is not 100% accurate and should just be used as a basic guideline. There's quite a few items on there that are priced incorrectly. That said, it's updated on a regular basis and actually maintained, which is something at least.

And I'm upping my offer if anyone is interested, My G. Anger + 1 key for someone's G. Wingstick or G. Dragonborn Helm.

Kritz

Banned
So I have this fucking thing:

yiTu2l.png

And I want this fucking thing:

UIoVpl.png

Or alternatively some of these fucking things:

qCQYj.png
qCQYj.png
qCQYj.png

If no fucking versions of those things are available I'll take regular ones. PM me if you want a hatless hat for some reason, because I probbers won't check this thread very often. By that I mean I'll check it compulsively but never get a response and feel real bad.

Here is my TF2 stat thing because whatever:

http://tf2stats.net/player/Kritz7

I might also trade some of those other hats if the offer is right. There's no order to my backpack so whatever. Most of my hats are just "yo I bought some game".

I don't know how to end this post so here is a wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_Command_Language

EDIT: OFFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I GOT THE HAT. YEY?

Boonoo

You can trade that vintage hatless engie for around 3-4 refined. The Capper you can probably get for around 3 refined.

Kritz

Banned
Boonoo said:
You can trade that vintage hatless engie for around 3-4 refined. The Capper you can probably get for around 3 refined.

I'm not entirely sure where the market for these things is, though. I don't care for sitting in a stupid trade server for hours waiting for someone to want one. I want my blasted heavy hat and I want it now but I don't want it $12 from now.

Bakphoon

Wow, where are you trading them, that you get so good prices? I get always offers that are much lower than in the google spreadsheet, and when i say, they should offer more, they leave :(

Yeah, I'm really getting exhausted with the "I'll take it off your hands for 1 Refined" people, especially when you write in the trade description "I'm not trading this hat for only 1 Refined." They literally ignore it and throw their trash offer at you anyway.

Kulock said:
Yeah, I'm really getting exhausted with the "I'll take it off your hands for 1 Refined" people, especially when you write in the trade description "I'm not trading this hat for only 1 Refined." They literally ignore it and throw their trash offer at you anyway.
It's not surprising to me, plenty of GAFers skip the OP of a thread and post their trash posts all the time. Same kind of person who skips over things like an idiot exists for everything.

Scipius

Backfoggen said:
I have:
Strange Rocket Launcher
Strange Flame Thrower
Strange Boston Basher

If anyone has any offers.

I can offer a key for the Rocket Launcher and the Flame Thrower. No need for the BB, sorry, I hope it's not an all-or-nothing deal.

Yeah; this whole selling of hats thing is turning out to be a huge pain. TF2TP isn't much use (maybe if the site's performance wasn't ass it'd be different), and trade servers seem to be a huge mess. Ugh.

Cuban Legend said:
It's not surprising to me, plenty of GAFers skip the OP of a thread and post their trash posts all the time. Same kind of person who skips over things like an idiot exists for everything.

Speaking of OPs, maybe this thread's could use a bit of a FAQ about making trade offers past just linking the spreadsheet, maybe to clarify the process and general bargaining, some explanation of the various tiers (Vintage, Genuine, Craft #, Unusual) and the big value promo items, and a warning about the really low value ones (parasite, Ellis Cap, etc.)

But now I presume TF2 trades are generally going to be bundled into the thread about the new Steam Trading system, so maybe it should just go there?

XeroSauce

speedpop said:
No shit.

I guess, regardless of the GAF community, people will want to swindle others just because TF2 Trading is serious business. Holy fuck. Looking squarely at you XeroSauce - sarcasm or not.

What in the fuck? 2 reclaimed is the exact price it's going for, far as I've heard. If I'm wrong he'd tell me and I'd reconsider.

Unless you want me to offer him 2 refined just because he's GAF. Jeeze, when the hell have I scammed anyone here?

EDIT:
speedpop said:
I retract the statement then. Maybe I'm getting a little too jaded by the hoarders and their incredible desire to catch 'em all.

Stuck on last page, didn't see this.

I'm constantly referring to the stupid spreadsheet and I'm constantly doing price checks for people. If I was about to scam someone, someone else would knows the market would call me out for it.

Inflammable Slinky said:
I crafted a Wing Stick #3 right after the update. After finishing yelling wooo alot, I realize I have no idea what this thing is worth.

So, price check on Wing Stick #3?

Well, shit. It's gonna be worth a hell of a lot, I can tell you that. Your best bet is to make a thread on reddit or SPUF and see what offers you get, SPUF will lowball you. Then you go to a server and see what people offer, and trust me, everyone will want it, not more to have it, but to try and make an even bigger profit if they can.

Baha

Kritz said:
I'm not entirely sure where the market for these things is, though. I don't care for sitting in a stupid trade server for hours waiting for someone to want one. I want my blasted heavy hat and I want it now but I don't want it $12 from now.

www.tf2tp.com
Beats waiting in a tf2 trade server imo.

Imflammable Slinky said:
I crafted a Wing Stick #3 right after the update. After finishing yelling wooo alot, I realize I have no idea what this thing is worth.

So, price check on Wing Stick #3?

One thing you can do is check the TF2 Steam Trading sub-forum and look for threads with people selling low # Wing Sticks. This'll give you an idea of how much people are willing to spend. Alternatively, you could ask how much Wing Stick #1 or #2 sold for on the forums and price yours accordingly.

divisionbyzero said:
So honestly - what's the best way to sell a normal hat? TF2TP? Reddit? Tenacity on trade servers? Lots of patience?

www.tf2tp.com is great since it eliminates sitting around in a trade server. I'd recommend using that if you're trading a normal hat and just want to make a quick trade.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm not big on trading, but I figured I'd begin collecting all the Spy hats since it's the only class I play.

Here's what I've got in my inventory

If anyone has any of the following Spy hats, and is willing to trade for something of mine (or multiple items... whatever, I'm very generous), let me know. Anything that's not a Spy hat is up for trade.

Magistrate's Mullet
Frenchman's Beret
Detective Noir
Le Party Phantom
Noh Mercy

MrOogieBoogie said:
I'm not big on trading, but I figured I'd begin collecting all the Spy hats since it's the only class I play.

Here's what I've got in my inventory

If anyone has any of the following Spy hats, and is willing to trade for something of mine (or multiple items... whatever, I'm very generous), let me know. Anything that's not a Spy hat is up for trade.

Magistrate's Mullet
Frenchman's Beret
Detective Noir
Le Party Phantom
Noh Mercy

I've got a Noh Mercy, and I've been coveting a Blighted Beak for a while....fancy a trade?

Spreadsheet says the Noh Mercy is slightly more valuable, and since you say you only play Spy, I might take a spare Dalokhs Bar and Boston Basher off your hands too (since you have 3+ of each of those).

Updated list of the results of my crate opening addiction

Strange Ambassador x 2
Strange Boston Basher x 3
Strange Conniver's Kunai
Strange Direct Hit x 2
Strange Flame Thrower
Strange Flare Gun
Strange Pistol
Strange Powerjack x 2
Strange Revolver x 2
Strange Sandman

Shoot me a PM if you want any of them.

Bakphoon

Quck, someone needs to take my keys or crates off from me... i dont want to use my 3 keys up for stupid crates...

Key - 2.33 Ref

Crates - take them off from me.... i'll take anything for them

My Steam ID

i have that steam trade beta, so feel free to trade directly in steam :D

Bakphoon said:
Quck, someone needs to take my keys or crates off from me... i dont want to use my 3 keys up for stupid crates...

Key - 2.33 Ref

Crates - take them off from me.... i'll take anything for them

My Steam ID

i have that steam trade beta, so feel free to trade directly in steam :D

How many crates would you give for a scrap?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
divisionbyzorro said:
I've got a Noh Mercy, and I've been coveting a Blighted Beak for a while....fancy a trade?

Spreadsheet says the Noh Mercy is slightly more valuable, and since you say you only play Spy, I might take a spare Dalokhs Bar and Boston Basher off your hands too (since you have 3+ of each of those).

Yeah, that's perfect. I can give you whatever else you want.

TGMIII

XWO0i.png

Strange prices:
Sandman - 1 rec - OR ANY HAT HOLY SHIT TAKE THIS THING AWAY FROM ME
Basher - 2 scrap - OR ANY HAT HOLY SHIT TAKE THIS THING AWAY FROM ME
Flamethrower - 2 ref
Ambassador - 1 rec

Add me on steam. ID: V_deck

Pulka

awwyeahgurrl said:
Strange prices:
Sandman - 1 rec - OR ANY HAT HOLY SHIT TAKE THIS THING AWAY FROM ME
Basher - 2 scrap - OR ANY HAT HOLY SHIT TAKE THIS THING AWAY FROM ME
Flamethrower - 2 rec
Ambassador - 1 rec

Add me on steam. ID: V_deck
I would like that sandman, I'm Crabjuice.
EDIT: Taken!

Flunkie

Banned
So I've been using this to gauge value on certain things, but it doesn't include weapons.

How much would a detonator be worth? Or are all weapons considered fairly low value? Still getting the grasp on trading.

Baha

Flunkie said:
So I've been using this to gauge value on certain things, but it doesn't include weapons.

How much would a detonator be worth? Or are all weapons considered fairly low value? Still getting the grasp on trading.

1 scrap to 1 reclaimed. You'd only get a reclaimed from some who really wants it and a scrap from any casual trader.

Flunkie said:
Is there any easy megaweapon-value list somewhere?

That price holds true for all
non-strange, non-vintage
weapons.

If you're wanting to buy a detonator, wait until the weekend. If history is any indication of the future, Yeoz and Cuban Legend will be selling their mega-idler stash where all weapons will be one scrap apiece, and chances are a detonator will appear in there somewhere.

If you're wanting to sell a detonator, don't hold out; find the first person who'll give you a scrap for it and take it. You'd have to get lucky to get more than that.

Milly79

Bump for new page. Now with wants.

• Hats For Trade (List generated at TF2Toolbox.com)
    Unusuals Demo unusual, but will consider others
  • Unusual Dr's Dapper Topper (Purple Confetti) (Level 20, Purple)

Vintage Hats 3.5 Refined each
  • Vintage Batter's Helmet (Level 8)
  • Vintage Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative (Level 56)

Regular Hats Accepting offers
  • Football Helmet (Level 22)
  • Prairie Heel Biters(Level 15)
  • The Milkman(Level 16)

• Strange Weapons 1 Reclaimed each
  • Strange Boston Basher
  • Strange Flame Thrower x 2
  • Strange Powerjack
  • Strange Revolver
  • Strange Ambassador
  • Strange Sandman
  • Strange Pistol

Vintage Weapons Accepting offers
  • Vintage Force-A-Nature

Normal Weapons 1 Scrap each
  • Axtinguisher (Gifted)
  • Backburner
  • Black Box
  • Degreaser x2
  • Family Business
  • Fists of Steel
  • Liberty Launcher
  • Postal Pummeler
  • Scottish Resistance
  • Tomislav
  • Ubersaw

• Paint For Trade Accepting offers
  • The Color of a Gentlemann's Business Pants
  • Tools/Misc. For Trade 1 Scrap
  • Class Token - Heavy

• Metal For Trade Accepting offers
  • Reclaimed Metal x 2
  • Refined Metal x 6

Keys for Trade
  • Keys x 2

• Wants:
g427b.png

Switters

webrunner said:
I have several crates available for any sort of reasonable offer: http://www.tf2items.com/id/webrunner

After a little research it seems a crate is worth about 1 generic weapon. So, I'll do one for one for any extra generics I have. Two to three crates for rarer weapons or items. Three to 4 crates for strange weapons? I have no idea how fair that is. I'm open to negotiation.

webrunner

Switters said:
After a little research it seems a crate is worth about 1 generic weapon. So, I'll do one for one for any extra generics I have. Two to three crates for rarer weapons or items. Three to 4 crates for strange weapons? I have no idea how fair that is. I'm open to negotiation.

That sounds.. pretty fair? I doubt you'd trade any of your hats for crates so sure (unless you want to give me that planeswalker goggles for a staggering amount.. which I may take!) .. whatever you want to offload, i'll take at those prices. I think you're asking too little for your stranges though, so I won't fleece you like that, lol.

Edit: Sent you a friends request. Did you enable the trade beta? Probably easier that way then booting up the game.

Dreams-Visions said:
I'd recommend 3-4 crates per weapon. they really are worthless.

If you wanna take this advice, I'll give them for that price too. Really, I want to be fair and offload these. It's a crate clearance sale!

yoyo, someone has offered a Big Kill for my G. Anger, G. Dragonborn, G. Wingstick and G. Pip-Boy.

good or bad trade? I don't know what any of this stuff is worth.

Top Bottom