• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

gerg

If you disable HWA in Firefox, does it also happen?

That's actually seemed to have worked, at least in getting Firefox up and running as it was yesterday (if not slightly better). Thanks!

Also I would delete the browser data which I'm guessing the uninstaller doesn't remove. Might be corrupted.

When removing Firefox delete the Firefox folder in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox

For ease of efficiency I've just restored a back up of my old profile that I had, but I appreciate that they may just reintroduce any corruption that was there. I've tried looking for the webpage I found on it before, but do you know what specific files contain the browser history and bookmarks? (Those are what I'm most interested in preserving, given that I've been using the same browser for probably the past five years.)

I'll call the tech guys about the system restore problem tomorrow. As long as the computer's stable and can do some graphic design work over the next week then I'm happy to ask them to look at it later on.

tci

That's actually seemed to have worked, at least in getting Firefox up and running as it was yesterday (if not slightly better). Thanks!
Great.

That might be caused by either a compatibility problem with Firefox vs. your hardware/drivers. Or simply a driver issue. Check if you can find any newer drivers for your graphics card. Then try to enable HWA again.

I've tried looking for the webpage I found on it before, but do you know what specific files contain the browser history and bookmarks?
No, sorry. I don't have that much knowledge about Firefox. But I doubt this is a problem with a bookmark or history.

Firefox have a sync system that stores bookmarks etc. on the web. Might be smart to use it so you have your personal files on it.

Cetra

So I have a Razer Megalodon USB headset, and I use the Xbox 360 Wired controller on my PC. For some damned reason, if they're both plugged in then neither works.

Any idea why this is happening? WAY partial to kicking back with a controller on FFXIV than sitting up at a keyboard. :/

params7

Banned
Don't know what is happening to my firefox. It keeps mysteriously closing on its own. No error messages, or crash reports. The window just closes. Then I open firefox again and it opens without any fuss with the page it closed out on.

Any ideas?

Kabuto

I have MS Word installed since I can still open documents with it, but when I try to search for it in my programs I can't find it. This is annoying because I want to be able to open a new document. Should I just reinstall Office again?

Zoe

I have MS Word installed since I can still open documents with it, but when I try to search for it in my programs I can't find it. This is annoying because I want to be able to open a new document. Should I just reinstall Office again?

Create a new document from the File menu.

But it should be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE

Ricker

Not sure where to post this but I will ask here...first,is it just me or is GAF refreshing itself like 3 or 4 times(like if I was doing F5) by itself on Chrome....?

But most important,I have W8 64bit and recently my PC just freezes,first time it did that I had a system service exception message but now nothing and it just freezes with what is on screen,I cant do anything,no CTRL delete or anything,I have to physically reboot...it might do it after 10 minutes,like it might take 3 days but it does it...my HDD is starting to die...?

Sagitario

Anyone knows a bit about DD-WRT and its commands?
I'm trying these codes on an Atheros based router to change the MAC address:
Code:
ifconfig ath0 down
ifconfig ath0 hw ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:44
ifconfig ath0 up
First and second lines work ("ifconfig -a" shows the interface as down with that specific MAC), and theoretically the third one too since the wireless LED indicator turns on when executing it (the ifconfig command also says ath0 is up).
But after that, there is no wi-fi signal at all (phone, laptop, consoles and handhelds don't show the SSID when searching for it). The only way to fix this is manually restarting the router (off/on switch) or clicking "Apply Settings" (no changes necessary) in the Wireless tab of the DD-WRT control panel (cause that makes the router restart).
If I change the MAC in Address Clone tab, the router resets/restarts itself with the new address (all LEDs but the power one turn off and then back on).
So, is "ifconfig ath0 up" missing something to actually enable the wireless signal (and not only starting the interface)?

Anyone? :(

- Edit -
For clarification:

Before ifconfig ath0 down -> ifconfig ath0 up:
Code:
    ath0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4E:53:50:4F:4F:45  
              UP BROADCAST [B]RUNNING [/B]MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

After ifconfig ath0 down -> ifconfig ath0 up:
Code:
    ath0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4E:53:50:4F:4F:45  
              UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

No running. See? I can't find a command to make the interface run again (wireless is on, though), and I actually found someone with a similar problem (http://www.dd-wrt.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=750728&highlight=#750728) but no answer/fix was provided.
By any chance, do you have an idea of what command I could use?

oni_saru

so are external power batteries a thing for laptops? I read some people use these external batteries/battery backups to outright replace their laptop batteries.

Is that really a possible and viable solution? From what I read they use those instead of outright replacing a crappy/old laptop battery.

Nevermind. Seems I was misunderstanding how external batteries work.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Hey guys, hopefully someone can offer some advice, bit of a freak out at the moment!

Long story short, I purchased the parts and built my first PC about a month ago. Everything was working perfectly, until a couple of hours ago.

I was playing a game, everything was working perfectly fine. I went AFK for about 10 minutes, came back and my PC was off. I assumed it was just some weird crash. I turned it back on, and everything started up again. After about 5 minutes of my computer being on (no game running, just a browser), it switched off again.

Now, when I hit the power button the fans start, LEDs turn on, but after about a second it just switches back off.

I just checked CPU cooler, I unscrewed it and checked the thermal paste which seems evenly spread and fresh. So I don't think it's a heating issue. If it matters, I'm using a liquid cpu cooler, and the LED on it also turns on for a second when I hit the power button.

I tried unplugging the PSU from the motherboard and back in again, still not switching on.

Any advice on what I should do to try work out what could be causing this?

(should I post up my specs?)

Hey, i am having problem with Itunes. I just bought a System of a down CD, copied it to my laptop but when i tried to add it, it does not add to itunes library. What is the problem?

xclaw

Hey guys, hopefully someone can offer some advice, bit of a freak out at the moment!

Long story short, I purchased the parts and built my first PC about a month ago. Everything was working perfectly, until a couple of hours ago.

I was playing a game, everything was working perfectly fine. I went AFK for about 10 minutes, came back and my PC was off. I assumed it was just some weird crash. I turned it back on, and everything started up again. After about 5 minutes of my computer being on (no game running, just a browser), it switched off again.

Now, when I hit the power button the fans start, LEDs turn on, but after about a second it just switches back off.

I just checked CPU cooler, I unscrewed it and checked the thermal paste which seems evenly spread and fresh. So I don't think it's a heating issue. If it matters, I'm using a liquid cpu cooler, and the LED on it also turns on for a second when I hit the power button.

I tried unplugging the PSU from the motherboard and back in again, still not switching on.

Any advice on what I should do to try work out what could be causing this?

(should I post up my specs?)

Try re-seating your video card or removing it and seeing if it'll boot with onboard video if that's an option.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I have a toshiba satellite laptop, and it has been performing bad recently. I am having problems with audio popping and distortion that happens randomly. I have been looking into latency of the drivers, and that definitely seems to be the cause, although I don't know why it became an issue a few weeks ago, as I never really noticed it before.

I have tried the toshiba website and their update utility to update drivers, but I still only have the drivers that it shipped with 3 years ago. Can anyone recommend a website where I can search for updated drivers for my laptop, and I will try manually updating.

I have an i5 running windows 7 64bit.

xclaw

I have a toshiba satellite laptop, and it has been performing bad recently. I am having problems with audio popping and distortion that happens randomly. I have been looking into latency of the drivers, and that definitely seems to be the cause, although I don't know why it became an issue a few weeks ago, as I never really noticed it before.

I have tried the toshiba website and their update utility to update drivers, but I still only have the drivers that it shipped with 3 years ago. Can anyone recommend a website where I can search for updated drivers for my laptop, and I will try manually updating.

Click your little volume icon in the taskbar, then click the little down arrow under the speakers icon. We need to know the name of your audio device before pointing you to the manufactures site for new drivers.

The model number of your laptop might even help in this case.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Click your little volume icon in the taskbar, then click the little down arrow under the speakers icon. We need to know the name of your audio device before pointing you to the manufactures site for new drivers.

The model number of your laptop might even help in this case.

It is a conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD (driver version 4.119.0.61). The driver for it is from April 2010, and I didn't have any luck finding an update from the conexant website. I did download an updated driver from Softpedia, but it made my laptop BSOD, so I had to go back to the 2010 driver.

My laptop is a toshiba satellite L650 psk1ja-0fp017

xclaw

It is a conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD (driver version 4.119.0.61). The driver for it is from April 2010, and I didn't have any luck finding an update from the conexant website. I did download an updated driver from Softpedia, but it made my laptop BSOD, so I had to go back to the 2010 driver.

My laptop is a toshiba satellite L650 psk1ja-0fp017

Have you tried the 2013 package (ver. 8.54.48.0) that was bundled up on the Lenovo site? Different vendor but all they do is add support for that specific laptop to the actual conexant driver. So it wouldn't hurt trying to installing it.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h0a113ww.exe

I'd be more concerned about the recent poor performance over the driver latency issue, if they have never been an issue before for you with those very same drivers for the past 3 years.

Especially on an i5 laptop, that chip is no slouch, and if you're noticing a difference, it means something's gone horribly wrong in the past few weeks.

The driver latency issue could just be a red herring, and your audio distortion issue may not be resolved even with updated drivers if you don't isolate the real cause of the recent change that happened.

Before you go all in with the updates (updates are good regardless), try and find out the actual cause of the distortions and performance. One good way to do this is to boot up using Safe Mode:-

1. Boot up your laptop

2. Hit F8 repeatedly after the BIOS/EFI screen does it's thing

3. Choose Safe Mode from the options.

4. Check and see whether the issue still occurs. If it does, it's most likely a hardware issue/ or OS issue. If it doesn't, it's very likely to be caused by software.

or you can also perform a clean boot:-

1. Start --> type in msconfig and press Enter

2. In the Startup tab, click on the disable all button. This will prevent any programs from that list from starting up. Don't worry, you can re-enable them once the diagnostic is over

3. Reboot the laptop.

4. See whether or not the issue still occurs.

LogicStep

Should be in the preferences for the printer somewhere.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp400_/xp400_ug/index.html

There's the manual. In the left column near the bottom it says Solving Problems. There's instructions on how to do maintenance checks/cleaning on your printer.

I did the cleaning and all the other maintenance options on the printer but the problem persists. Ordered all new inks since the color ones were dying and I read on the instructions for cleaning and solving this issue that if one or more inks are low or depleted, the cleaning and maintenance won't work as intended. Don't know if new ink cartridges will fix the issue but here's hoping.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I'd be more concerned about the recent poor performance over the driver latency issue, if they have never been an issue before for you with those very same drivers for the past 3 years.

Especially on an i5 laptop, that chip is no slouch, and if you're noticing a difference, it means something's gone horribly wrong in the past few weeks.

The driver latency issue could just be a red herring, and your audio distortion issue may not be resolved even with updated drivers if you don't isolate the real cause of the recent change that happened.

Before you go all in with the updates (updates are good regardless), try and find out the actual cause of the distortions and performance. One good way to do this is to boot up using Safe Mode:-

1. Boot up your laptop

2. Hit F8 repeatedly after the BIOS/EFI screen does it's thing

3. Choose Safe Mode from the options.

4. Check and see whether the issue still occurs. If it does, it's most likely a hardware issue/ or OS issue. If it doesn't, it's very likely to be caused by software.

or you can also perform a clean boot:-

1. Start --> type in msconfig and press Enter

2. In the Startup tab, click on the disable all button. This will prevent any programs from that list from starting up. Don't worry, you can re-enable them once the diagnostic is over

3. Reboot the laptop.

4. See whether or not the issue still occurs.

I definitely agree that my i5 should not be struggling with audio playback like this, I have tried many different video/audio players and it does the same thing. I disabled all of the start up items and it was still having the sound issues. I am starting to think it may have been a windows security update that started it. I might have to try uninstalling those and see if it makes any difference. The only other update I had last month was microsoft silverlight 5.1. Not even sure if I need that, so might get rid of it also.

Have you tried the 2013 package (ver. 8.54.48.0) that was bundled up on the Lenovo site? Different vendor but all they do is add support for that specific laptop to the actual conexant driver. So it wouldn't hurt trying to installing it.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h0a113ww.exe

It gave me a BSOD, so it would appear toshiba needs a custom driver, which they have not updated at all. Thanks for the help.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Try re-seating your video card or removing it and seeing if it'll boot with onboard video if that's an option.

Cheers for the response!

Gave that a go, and slowly stripped parts from my PC until it was just the PSU, RAM, CPU+cooler, and the fans/LEDs plugged into the motherboard. Even tried with one stick of RAM, still getting the same issue.

After work tonight I'm going to take everything out of the case and try boot. If that still doesn't work, I'll try replace the cooler (liquid) with the stock heat sink that came with my processor.

If still nothing... I guess it's a faulty motherboard. I read it could also be the PSU, but I guess I can try the "paperclip trick" to see if that indicates anything.

If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know!

xclaw

Cheers for the response!

Gave that a go, and slowly stripped parts from my PC until it was just the PSU, RAM, CPU+cooler, and the fans/LEDs plugged into the motherboard. Even tried with one stick of RAM, still getting the same issue.

After work tonight I'm going to take everything out of the case and try boot. If that still doesn't work, I'll try replace the cooler (liquid) with the stock heat sink that came with my processor.

If still nothing... I guess it's a faulty motherboard. I read it could also be the PSU, but I guess I can try the "paperclip trick" to see if that indicates anything.

If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know!

Another thing to check is the legs/mounting spots on the case the motherboard mounts to. Long ago I had an issue where it making contact where it shouldn't and it wouldn't post.

My laptop battery won't charge, it says it's charging but just stays at 0%. It was at like 98% charge when I turned it off to go to Arby's earlier and when I turned it back on like 20 minutes later, it was a 0% charge.

I have to buy a new battery, don't I?

My laptop battery won't charge, it says it's charging but just stays at 0%. It was at like 98% charge when I turned it off to go to Arby's earlier and when I turned it back on like 20 minutes later, it was a 0% charge.

I have to buy a new battery, don't I?

Pretty much. Mine died out on me after 3.5 years, which is about average for a well used one.

So I got a linksys WRT120N router and it's limiting my download speeds. Direct connected I get close to 60mbps down but on wireless its usually down to 25mbps. Is this something I can fix in the settings or is the router just shit?

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Another thing to check is the legs/mounting spots on the case the motherboard mounts to. Long ago I had an issue where it making contact where it shouldn't and it wouldn't post.

Thanks again!

Just as an update, I took every part out one by one and was still getting the issue the whole way through. I even took the motherboard out of the case and the issue still occurred.

Tried the paperclip test with my PSU - the fans started fine.

So in conclusion, it seems my motherboard is faulty. Looking into getting an RMA...

Dries

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a technical issue. During gaming my screen suddenly turns black with grey vertical stripes. This happens during graphically intensive games like Hitman: Absolution. The only thing I can do is a hard reboot. Does anyone recognize this?

I'm thinking this is my videocard overheating. Also, during gaming my computer makes a lot of noise. Therefore, I want to open my computer and blow the dust off etc. I've never done this before so can somebody give me tips/advice on how to do this? Thanks!

Vilifier

Neo Member

I finally figured out what the problem was causing the audio glitches, and it wasn't what I was expecting. There was a service running in the background for my external harddrive called 'seagate dashboard 2.0' and when i shut that down itunes/vlc/youtube were working glitch free. I rarely have the external drive connected, so it is a surprise it is still doing something in the background anyway. I don't need it anyway since i use a third party back-up software. So happy my laptop works as it used to.

Ramma2

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a technical issue. During gaming my screen suddenly turns black with grey vertical stripes. This happens during graphically intensive games like Hitman: Absolution. The only thing I can do is a hard reboot. Does anyone recognize this?

I'm thinking this is my videocard overheating. Also, during gaming my computer makes a lot of noise. Therefore, I want to open my computer and blow the dust off etc. I've never done this before so can somebody give me tips/advice on how to do this? Thanks!

Hello Dries, reading your problem description the first thing I thought of was video card over heating. Cleaning out the fans is definitely the first step to take. Best advice is to use a can of computer compressed air, using a standard garage air compressor or vacuum can be bad for your PC's health. Take the cover off, take it outside and blow that crap out!

Chances are that the fan might not be blocked with dust but the bearing on the fan may be failing. After blowing it out see if the fan spins freely, if it does not bearings would be the issue. Some say you can disassemble the fan and lubricate but I have never seen this work successfully for very long. Replacing the fan might be an option as well but on a video card this is tricky! Finding a suitable might be hard. Good luck sir!

Apath

Hey all,

My PC has been unable to fully start up for a while now. I ran the windows update (Windows 8) and left for a road trip. When I came back my PC wouldn't start up. It will turn on and start booting up, but at random times shut off again. Every so often Windows 8 will try and diagnose/repair the damages, but then shut off. Very occasionally it will say the computer couldn't be repaired and needs to be restored to an earlier date, but that either does nothing or the computer shuts off before it can finish. The furthest it had gotten is the desktop, where it lasted about 30 seconds (this was the first time I turned it on when I got back). Since then, the furthest I got was entering my password and logging in.

I've tried cleaning the dust out (assuming it's overheating), but it doesn't feel particularly hot or anything. I cannot think of anything else it could be that would make things so random. I have quite a few files that would kind of suck to lose on there, so ideally I don't want to reformat or assume the HDD is trash.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ramma2

Hey all,

My PC has been unable to fully start up for a while now. I ran the windows update (Windows 8) and left for a road trip. When I came back my PC wouldn't start up. It will turn on and start booting up, but at random times shut off again. Every so often Windows 8 will try and diagnose/repair the damages, but then shut off. Very occasionally it will say the computer couldn't be repaired and needs to be restored to an earlier date, but that either does nothing or the computer shuts off before it can finish. The furthest it had gotten is the desktop, where it lasted about 30 seconds (this was the first time I turned it on when I got back). Since then, the furthest I got was entering my password and logging in.

I've tried cleaning the dust out (assuming it's overheating), but it doesn't feel particularly hot or anything. I cannot think of anything else it could be that would make things so random. I have quite a few files that would kind of suck to lose on there, so ideally I don't want to reformat or assume the HDD is trash.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Is it actually turning off, like cutting power to the machine? I guess the first thing I would try is a different power supply, maybe a lightning strike or power surge while you were out of town?

Edit: A few other things to try. Try booting into safe mode and see if it stays on, or try idling at the bios screen and see if it stays on.

Gigglepoo

I'm trying to hook up my computer to a monitor and a television. However, when using an HDMI splitter, I cannot get an image on both devices at the same time. If I plug an HDMI cable directly into either my monitor or television it works fine, just not when I use a splitter.

Here is what I'm trying to link:

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Asus monitor
Panasonic Vera television
And I have this HDMI splitter.

Any idea what my problem is?

Also, when I hook up my television to my computer, I cannot get sound through the television, even when I select that option in my playback devices. Kind of confused.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ramma2

I'm trying to hook up my computer to a monitor and a television. However, when using an HDMI splitter, I cannot get an image on both devices at the same time. If I plug an HDMI cable directly into either my monitor or television it works fine, just not when I use a splitter.

Here is what I'm trying to link:

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Asus monitor
Panasonic Vera television
And I have this HDMI splitter.

Any idea what my problem is?

Also, when I hook up my television to my computer, I cannot get sound through the television, even when I select that option in my playback devices. Kind of confused.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Judging from the reviews on your splitter, looks like it is not a HDCP compatible device, so I don't think it will split the signal for you.

Gigglepoo

Judging from the reviews on your splitter, looks like it is not a HDCP compatible device, so I don't think it will split the signal for you.

Drat! Do I need a better splitter or should I link my PC to my television with HDMI and my PC to my monitor with Display Port?

gerg

Sorry, me again.

I'm having issues lately with images on NeoGAF. It seems that images from imgur.com specifically are taking forever to load. I've tried different browsers on different machines, and the problem persists. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or is there anything I can do to try to make the images load more quickly?

decaf

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I'm looking for an MP3 player. I used to have a Creative ZEN (2007 model) which I loved for supporting drag-and-drop for files, FM radio, mic and a button that could be assigned to playing random songs that I could feel through my pocket. I gave it away to a friend last year, but as I don't have a smartphone at the moment I'm looking for a replacement. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ta.

Ramma2

Drat! Do I need a better splitter or should I link my PC to my television with HDMI and my PC to my monitor with Display Port?

Either way should work, but if you went HDMI for one and Display port for another that would give you more flexibility. You could use your display control panel to clone your display on both screens or extend it on both, and run different things on both screens.

Ramma2

Sorry, me again.

I'm having issues lately with images on NeoGAF. It seems that images from imgur.com specifically are taking forever to load. I've tried different browsers on different machines, and the problem persists. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or is there anything I can do to try to make the images load more quickly?

Different browsers, different machines, same internet connection? Try switching your DNS settings to use Google's DNS, that might help.

O.DOGG

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I'm looking for an MP3 player. I used to have a Creative ZEN (2007 model) which I loved for supporting drag-and-drop for files, FM radio, mic and a button that could be assigned to playing random songs that I could feel through my pocket. I gave it away to a friend last year, but as I don't have a smartphone at the moment I'm looking for a replacement. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ta.

I've been using Sansa Clip+ for the past three years or so and I've been extremely happy with it. It has a drag and drop mode, radio, and mic. It does have random order of playing songs but I'm not sure about separate button for playing a random song. The "next" button perhaps? It also has a Micro SDHC slot for expansion (mine has a total capacity of about 40gb with a 32 gig card).
It's fairly inexpensive, very small and light, great for running. I take it with me pretty much everywhere I go.
What makes it an even greater value is the ability to install Rockbox on it - a community-made firmware that adds many more features to the player.
Overall I consider it the best mp3 player that I know if. I even have an extra, just in case. I think you'd be pleased with it.

Gigglepoo

Either way should work, but if you went HDMI for one and Display port for another that would give you more flexibility. You could use your display control panel to clone your display on both screens or extend it on both, and run different things on both screens.

Thanks for the help. I'm anxious to start playing PC games from my comfy couch.

gerg

Different browsers, different machines, same internet connection? Try switching your DNS settings to use Google's DNS, that might help.

Just tried that, but unless I did it incorrectly there wasn't much a discernible difference.

Edit: Problem seems to have resolved itself. Maybe it was an issue with their European servers.

Copons

Hi GAF, I have a super common problem that never occurred to me so I don't know what to do.

Couple of weeks ago a lightning struck near my home and a power surge killed a laptop charger and its HDD.
I already replaced both and the rest seems to be working fine.

But of course I'd like to know my possibilities with the broken HDD. I've tried to connect it via USB to Win 7 and it just says I need to format it and I can't do anything else.
Later I'm gonna go to the office and I'll try it with a OS X, maybe is less picky.

Oh well. Could you tell me what to do with a broken HDD? Thanks!

decaf

I've been using Sansa Clip+ for the past three years or so and I've been extremely happy with it. It has a drag and drop mode, radio, and mic. It does have random order of playing songs but I'm not sure about separate button for playing a random song. The "next" button perhaps? It also has a Micro SDHC slot for expansion (mine has a total capacity of about 40gb with a 32 gig card).
It's fairly inexpensive, very small and light, great for running. I take it with me pretty much everywhere I go.
What makes it an even greater value is the ability to install Rockbox on it - a community-made firmware that adds many more features to the player.
Overall I consider it the best mp3 player that I know if. I even have an extra, just in case. I think you'd be pleased with it.

Bought! Thank you!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Decided to format my mother's computer for her. She lost the driver disc so I downloaded (almost all of them) online. Everything seems set except for the network adapter. The driver Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000, v.13.2.0.30, A00, which you can find here, won't install.

Help would be appreciated.

Ramma2

Decided to format my mother's computer for her. She lost the driver disc so I downloaded (almost all of them) online. Everything seems set except for the network adapter. The driver Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000, v.13.2.0.30, A00, which you can find here, won't install.

Help would be appreciated.

Wireless N would have been an upgrade that she would have selected, so the laptop might not have an N adapter.

Top Bottom