• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

Lkr

so i have gpu acceleration enabled in flash player and i have CCC video settings set to full rgb 0-255 yet the colors are still way too soft when watching online video using flash player. i don't want to set the entire thing to full RGB since everything else looks terrible that way. is there a way to fix this?

Casanova

First off, I'm a moron.

Secondly, I desperately need help.

I think I fucked with overclocking/overdrive settings in the AMD Catalysts control center... And something major happened... I turned up the two slider's all the way as I just wanted to see what would happen in a quick game of LoL. In about thirty seconds only the screen turned into a neon green color striped nightmare and the mouse and the entire system just froze.

I tried rebooting regularly and the same thing happens quickly, before I can even get the catalyst open again to revert back to default settings.

I also tried to boot up in safe mode but then it wouldn't allow me access into the control center because I was in safe mode.. What the ff?

I'm pretty freaked out right now about itand would really appreciate some help.

Thanks GAF

Fuck overclocking.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Have you tried removing the GPUs from the motherboard and use onboard graphics, uninstall and clean all drivers and files and then put them back in reinstalling drivers to default state? That is something I would do.

First off, I'm a moron.

I think I fucked with overclocking/overdrive settings in the AMD Catalysts control center... And something major happened... I turned up the two slider's all the way as I just wanted to see what would happen in a quick game of LoL. In about thirty seconds only the screen turned into a neon green color striped nightmare and the mouse and the entire system just froze.

I tried rebooting regularly and the same thing happens quickly, before I can even get the catalyst open again to revert back to default settings.

I also tried to boot up in safe mode but then it wouldn't allow me access into the control center because I was in safe mode.. What the ff?

Thanks GAF

Fuck overclocking.

Boot in safe mode. Delete the GPU drivers and then log in normally and re-install them.

OR

If your motherboard has built in video graphics (Intel 3/4000) then use that to connect to your monitor with the graphics card pulled out and delete all drivers that way.

Dai101

Banned
First off, I'm a moron.

Thanks GAF

Fuck overclocking.

1- Boot on safe mode
2- Run System Restore to a point before you FUBAR your PC
3- ???
4- PROFIT

Casanova

Ok, so i booted in safe mode, uninstalled the amd drivers and then booted up normally.
I then installed the amd drivers online - then got a request to restard again to finalize changes. So i did.

Then i started windows and noticed that I was staring at a blank desktop bacground... No icons, no taskbar, no ability to right-click or anything - just my background image and a mouse cursor.

So i rebooted in safe mode to system restore. Restored to a couple days ago and rebooted. So far, I'm dtill staring at this blank background and tossing this cursor around in a mad, impatient fury.

Help more please

Tumo

Dear TechSupport

Windows 7 has been acting weird since I expanded my c:drive partition with "EaseUS Partition Manager" (if you download the free version they do try and install a lot of other crap with it, toolbars etc you have been warned!).

The problem:

Before when I moved a window on the screen I could see the contents while I was moving it around. Now only the shape the window is visible as an transparent outline which inverts everything underneath it.

z6Qa6Xk.png

A similar problem happens when I try to resize a browser window. Previously I would see the contents of the window if I were to draw it wider/taller/both now it shows the same inverted outline and only updates the window contents when I release the mouse ending the resize action.

This is happening with every program I have installed and is really bugging me.

I am using a windows 8 "theme" on Windows 7 but I have had that for over 6 months with no issues until the partition change yesterday evening.

I remember my old XP pc with an integrated card did a similar thing which I assumed was a limitation with it's graphical ability.

t-ramp

Dear TechSupport

Windows 7 has been acting weird since I expanded my c:drive partition with "EaseUS Partition Manager" (if you download the free version they do try and install a lot of other crap with it, toolbars etc you have been warned!).

The problem:

Before when I moved a window on the screen I could see the contents while I was moving it around. Now only the shape the window is visible as an transparent outline which inverts everything underneath it.

A similar problem happens when I try to resize a browser window. Previously I would see the contents of the window if I were to draw it wider/taller/both now it shows the same inverted outline and only updates the window contents when I release the mouse ending the resize action.

This is happening with every program I have installed and is really bugging me.

I am using a windows 8 "theme" on Windows 7 but I have had that for over 6 months with no issues until the partition change yesterday evening.

I remember my old XP pc with an integrated card did a similar thing which I assumed was a limitation with it's graphical ability.
Type "appearance" into your Start Menu and open up the "Adjust the appearance..." settings. Choose "Adjust for best appearance".

Atruvius

I have problems with downloading stuff through browsers.

I tried to download the new Nvidia drivers today and the download speed was really low, like around 15kB. When usually it's around 500kB. I thought nothing of it, thought their servers were jammed.

Now I just tried downloading other stuff, like the giant bombcast and my download speed starts at 100kB and drops down to 0 kB. I have no idea what's causing it because I've got a game downloading on Steam at 1.1mB speed but browser download speed on both Chrome and Firefox drop to zero.

edit. download speed fixed it self, for now at least...

n!smo

Neo Member
My hard drive has 918 bad sectors and 532 pending.
How long do I got?

My HDD has bad sectors, as well. Windows (chkdsk?) was able to solve it, but I cannot trust the HDD anymore (university stuff etc.).

I have a Lenovo s430 with a 500GB HDD (HGST Travelstar Z7K500 500GB, SATA 6Gb/s)
I have no clue as to which HDD/SDD/Hybrid drive is the best for my computer (longevity, performance). Maybe someone can recommend a good hdd for my pc. Thanks.

t-ramp

My HDD has bad sectors, as well. Windows (chkdsk?) was able to solve it, but I cannot trust the HDD anymore (university stuff etc.).

I have a Lenovo s430 with a 500GB HDD (HGST Travelstar Z7K500 500GB, SATA 6Gb/s)
I have no clue as to which HDD/SDD/Hybrid drive is the best for my computer (longevity, performance). Maybe someone can recommend a good hdd for my pc. Thanks.
Get a decent SSD and it will fly. I'm no expert on SSDs, but the Samsung 840 EVO might be a good choice: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3W1726/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Drives that are 9.5mm thick might not fit in your laptop, so keep that in mind.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Odd issue here with sleep mode on my PC. Win7 64 bit on an SSD.

Used to go to sleep after 30 minutes no problems, and keyboard/mouse would bring it back no problem. About two weeks ago it started doing something strange. Once it sleeps, mouse/keyboard no longer brings it out of sleep. I have to press the power button, and even then it takes three tries that act like this: press power, the keyboard LEDs come on, i can hear the fans spinning a second then back to sleep. Press power second time, keyboard LEDs, fans spin another second, back to sleep. Press it a third, comes on, shows bios screen, wakes up no problem.

I suspect its some sort of deep sleep that kicks in after some time because if I manually put it to sleep, it behaves normally. Only after some time of normal sleep (no idea how long but more than 10 minutes) it goes to the same "deep sleep" as if i left it on and it hit the preset 30 minute mark.

Any suggestions or settings I should check? SSD issues? Power supply or motherboard going?

I hope someone can understand what I"m trying to say:
So I'm a teacher and in our district we have Outlook email. They gave me a Mac without Microsoft Outlook. I looked for alternatives and came across Thunderbird. Which seems like a good deal except I can not for the life of me figure out how to set up my work email to work with Thunderbird.

When I log into Outlook online through the website:
Username: sbdom\MyFirstNameLastName
Password: ************** (I know my password)

Server: owa.sbcusd.k12.ca.us

But for some reason Thunderbird doesn't like it. And I think it's because the ports are wrong... I have no idea how to set up the rest of the settings with the incoming server, outgoing server, password etc.

Please help, been trying everything for the last 4 hours. I feel stupid because I can usually figure this stuff out. :/ I set the email up fine on my iPad.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I hope someone can understand what I"m trying to say:
So I'm a teacher and in our district we have Outlook email. They gave me a Mac without Microsoft Outlook. I looked for alternatives and came across Thunderbird. Which seems like a good deal except I can not for the life of me figure out how to set up my work email to work with Thunderbird.

When I log into Outlook online through the website:
Username: sbdom\MyFirstNameLastName
Password: ************** (I know my password)

Server: owa.sbcusd.k12.ca.us

But for some reason Thunderbird doesn't like it. And I think it's because the ports are wrong... I have no idea how to set up the rest of the settings with the incoming server, outgoing server, password etc.

Please help, been trying everything for the last 4 hours. I feel stupid because I can usually figure this stuff out. :/ I set the email up fine on my iPad.

I think Thunderbird needs a plugin for owa exchange server access. I think this may help you:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/sm...derbird-email-client-to-your-exchange-server/

MikeDown

Banned
Okay Gaf, my turn. Recently I noticed that on soft boots there is a strange clicking noise coming from inside my computer's PSU. The clicking only occurs on soft boots and not during any other circumstances as far as I'm aware of. The noise will continue, unless I jostle the tower around. I usually lean it heavily to the right a couple times till the noise stops, then I gently and slowly level it and set it back upright.

I'm assuming that something is hitting the fan as I would think that is the only moving component that is part of the PSU. Although I'm worried cause it only happens on softboots and not during any time where I would be using alot of power like when gaming. Considering I got it at 30 dollars I'm concerned weather or not it is on it's way out.

Olly88

Pretty urgent problem here, so any help is very much appreciated.

My computer froze while I was using it so I turned it off manually by holding the power button down (I know I probably shouldn't have). Just before it turned off a Windows message box popped up saying some process had stopped working, but I didn't get long enough to read it before it turned off. Anyway. I tried to turn the computer back on, but it hung at the "Starting Windows" screen, the colorful animation freezes a couple of seconds in and goes away. Then an error comes up with two options, one is Launch Startup Repair and the other to load Windows normally. The first one doesn't fix it and the second one just brings up the Windows Starting screen and the whole problem just restarts again. I tried Safe Mode but the same thing happens.

So I put in my Windows 7 disc and tried to use the Repair your Computer option, but after waiting for it to do it's thing it tells me it can't fix it. Then I remembered I had a Windows 7 Recovery disc that I made with my old computer, but that says it's not compatible with my version of Windows.

Then I remembered that I had a Ubuntu CD, so put that in my computer so that I could try and copy the files over to my second hard drive that's in the computer, so I could reinstall Windows after backing up all my files. But it doesn't show up. The only drive that shows is my second one (and the temporary one the Ubuntu disc creates).

I really need to get it working so I can get my files off it, not just for me but I just completed a lot of graphic work for someone and he'll need it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is on topic or not, but is anyone on GAF versed in programming with Python? I could really use some help.

If this isn't the right spot, can someone help me make a thread? I can't make one myself yet.

FlipJonesy

Neo Member
I recently upgraded the CPU in my computer (Intel 3220 to 3570k if that makes any difference, motherboard is asrock b75 pro3m), and this seemed to have messed with the drivers in my 7870 somehow, as I can't get any video output through it. The computer runs fine outputting video through hdmi on the mobo backplate, so I don't think its any other component causing the issue. I had AMD driver version 13.4 before this incident.

I've tried uninstalling, and then installing 13.9, but when I try to install drivers I get a nondescript error that says,

"Application Install: install package failure"

The log of installation has no more information than this.

I've also tried reinstalling 13.4, It seems to install catalyst install manager fine, but at the end of installation it gives the prompt,

"installation complete (warnings occurred during installation). View log for details"

All this error report says is "Success", however nothing seems to have installed, and a windows prompt warns me that the program hasn't installed correctly, and prompts me to try again.

I've looked at a few sites, but none have been helpful.
Any ideas short of reinstalling windows 7?

EDIT: Tried Reinstalling Windows 7, same problem. The mobo UEFI system browser doesn't recognize that anything is plugged into my PCIe port, although my gpu definitely is. I've tried unplugging and replugging it in to no effect.

EDIT2: Turns out it wouldn't detect the card when connected through hdmi without the drivers first installed, using DVI fixed it

Mithos

Gold Member
So I have a question for the better versed PC techies.

i7 930 2.8Ghz OC -> ~3.4Ghz.

Memorysticks used: Corsair 12GB DDR3 (Intel i7 PC12800 DoMiNAToR 1600Mhz)
Multiplier: 17x
Bus speed: 200
RAM speed: 1603Mhz
FSB:DRAM 2:8

Multiplier: 21x
Bus speed: 162
RAM speed: 1624Mhz
FSB:DRAM 2:10

If all other settings is automatically controlled and not manually set.

What is better to run 1 or 2? (I am currently running with 2.)

Grokbu

Gonna post here as well, since this thread might be good place to post this:

Please don't click the links unless you know of the possible risks. I just want to mention this so that no one clicks them by mistake and get infected. To see the links, quote this post.

Ok, so I want to ask here in case anyone knows about this. I was over at a friend and was gonna help him install a game. Something went wrong and I got an error message that I didn't know what to do about. So I searched for the error message and went to the following site: (quote this post to see the link. I hid it under the quote so that noone clicks it by mistake without having read my whole post and understand the possible risks)

So when I went there, I got a message in the browser saying something along the lines of "The file of this type can hurt your computer. Do you still want to keep the file blank.htm?" followed with a choice to either keep it or throw it away. So while I threw it away, I am really afraid that I infected his computer with something now. Maybe there are other malware being sent on you when entering the page as well, that didn't get noticed, or that blank.htm wasn't deleted fully.
I tried to search for this blank.htm, and while I didn't really understand all of what they were talking about in my search results, it sounded scary (to me at least). I'm just very scared of exposing someone else to malware. :/
So my brother and I both went to that site but we never got any message from it, however I'm not sure if that might be because we are using more and different security programs than my friend.

Also, when I entered the following article, the computer of my friend would freeze for a short time, being unable to even move the mouse: (I have hidden this site under quote as well, for the same reason as the above)

Again, I'm afraid if entering this article might have been bad, or even having been the root for why he gets the message when entering the first link.

So please don't click the links unless you are aware of the possible risks. I wanted to ask anyone if they know anything about all this. I have done a search with an anti-virus program so far and I'm gonna install some more to do more searches. However, while the risk may be low that no program snaps up if there is indeed any malware, I might end up formatting his computer. I'd like to refrain from doing so, but the risk of having infected someone else's computer and leaving it there isn't a risk I want to take.

Sorry if this post was written poorly.

t-ramp

Gonna post here as well, since this thread might be good place to post this:

Please don't click the links unless you know of the possible risks. I just want to mention this so that no one clicks them by mistake and get infected. To see the links, quote this post.

Ok, so I want to ask here in case anyone knows about this. I was over at a friend and was gonna help him install a game. Something went wrong and I got an error message that I didn't know what to do about. So I searched for the error message and went to the following site: (quote this post to see the link. I hid it under the quote so that noone clicks it by mistake without having read my whole post and understand the possible risks)

So when I went there, I got a message in the browser saying something along the lines of "The file of this type can hurt your computer. Do you still want to keep the file blank.htm?" followed with a choice to either keep it or throw it away. So while I threw it away, I am really afraid that I infected his computer with something now. Maybe there are other malware being sent on you when entering the page as well, that didn't get noticed, or that blank.htm wasn't deleted fully.
I tried to search for this blank.htm, and while I didn't really understand all of what they were talking about in my search results, it sounded scary (to me at least). I'm just very scared of exposing someone else to malware. :/
So my brother and I both went to that site but we never got any message from it, however I'm not sure if that might be because we are using more and different security programs than my friend.

Also, when I entered the following article, the computer of my friend would freeze for a short time, being unable to even move the mouse: (I have hidden this site under quote as well, for the same reason as the above)

Again, I'm afraid if entering this article might have been bad, or even having been the root for why he gets the message when entering the first link.

So please don't click the links unless you are aware of the possible risks. I wanted to ask anyone if they know anything about all this. I have done a search with an anti-virus program so far and I'm gonna install some more to do more searches. However, while the risk may be low that no program snaps up if there is indeed any malware, I might end up formatting his computer. I'd like to refrain from doing so, but the risk of having infected someone else's computer and leaving it there isn't a risk I want to take.

Sorry if this post was written poorly.
I don't think there's anything malicious about either site. I don't know why you got that message about blank.htm, but it is in a line in the page's source code.

Code:
<iframe id="frmGetcomments" name="frmGetcomments" src="blank.htm" width=0 height=0></iframe>

Apparently your friend's browser tried to download it for some reason.

Also, I don't have any problems loading that second site, but maybe it just froze while the Flash ads were loading. I dunno.

Samara

Guys I need your help. My teacher sent us this "Editable" PDF. Everytime I fill it in, it tells me that I can't save this format. I have Adobe Reader and not acrobat. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do other than filling it in Word :/

Do any of you have a free alternative?

nan0

Guys I need your help. My teacher sent us this "Editable" PDF. Everytime I fill it in, it tells me that I can't save this format. I have Adobe Reader and not acrobat. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do other than filling it in Word :/

Do any of you have a free alternative?

PDF XChange Viewer is free and can edit PDFs, as long as you don't use any of the Pro features (which will add a watermark).

Alpende

I doubt my question belongs in this thread but I couldn't find any other appropriate thread.

So, I'm looking for a new blu-ray player but I don't know which one to get. Do you guys have an idea of what makes a blu-ray player good or what blu-ray player is the best out there.

The budget is around 100 euros. I think some players support Netflix so that would be cool.

Nvm, went for the Sony BDP S1100.

Grokbu

I don't think there's anything malicious about either site. I don't know why you got that message about blank.htm, but it is in a line in the page's source code.

Code:
<iframe id="frmGetcomments" name="frmGetcomments" src="blank.htm" width=0 height=0></iframe>

Apparently your friend's browser tried to download it for some reason.

Ah, alright. Thanks!
I assume that maybe the reason that the message about it possibly being dangerous is because it tries to download automatically or something? Dunno why it would do that though, and especially since it only happens on his computer...

Also, I don't have any problems loading that second site, but maybe it just froze while the Flash ads were loading. I dunno.
Yeah, that is probably what happens.

Again, thanks a lot!

Edit: Fixed some weird grammar.

This might seem like a small problem, but I have tried everything! I'm trying to simply plug my HDMI that I use for my xbox into my laptop to connect with the tv. So just TV-Laptop. My TV isn't picking up any signal and my laptop isn't detecting another screen. I've tried using F4, Windows + P, going into the control panel, everything! What makes it more annoying is that I've done this plenty of times before with the same tv and same laptop. Anyone?

Row

Banned
the esc key on my laptop isn't working and I'd like to find out if the hardware itself is broken or it's something I've done myself by messing inadvertently with something

I don't have another keyboard to plug in and test

Husker86

the esc key on my laptop isn't working and I'd like to find out if the hardware itself is broken or it's something I've done myself by messing inadvertently with something

I don't have another keyboard to plug in and test

http://www.keyboardtester.com/

I just Googled and found that.

If it doesn't register the Esc key then I'd say it's hardware. I can't think of any way to disable a specific key on a keyboard, so I highly doubt it's a software tweak.

CyReN

Currently thinking about updating my laptop, have this right now:

SENT8QG.png

Thinking of the Toshiba Satellite S55-A5294, is that good? With my current laptop it really bogs down with Skype (especially calls) and when trying to render. I mainly use these programs:

• Firefox
  • Vegas
  • Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • VLC

Iacobellis

Currently thinking about updating my laptop, have this right now:

SENT8QG.png

Thinking of the Toshiba Satellite S55-A5294, is that good? With my current laptop it really bogs down with Skype (especially calls) and when trying to render. I mainly use these programs:

• Firefox
  • Vegas
  • Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • VLC

The hard drive and integrated graphics would be the biggest bottlenecks to the system. If you don't mind me asking, what's your budget?

CyReN

The hard drive and integrated graphics would be the biggest bottlenecks to the system. If you don't mind me asking, what's your budget?

500/650 roughly, I'm just toying with the idea at the moment. Also would something like Cyber Monday or Black Friday help if I'm in no rush?

Wizman23

Banned
I have an input lag question. I bought a new TV solely to be used as my "gaming" TV. The Xbox 360 and PS3 run flawlessly on it and there is no noticeable input lag at all. The problem comes when I hook up my PC via HDMI. The input lag coming from the PC is unplayable where as with the consoles it is perfectly fine. Anyone have any advice for this or a possible fix?

I have an input lag question. I bought a new TV solely to be used as my "gaming" TV. The Xbox 360 and PS3 run flawlessly on it and there is no noticeable input lag at all. The problem comes when I hook up my PC via HDMI. The input lag coming from the PC is unplayable where as with the consoles it is perfectly fine. Anyone have any advice for this or a possible fix?

Try looking for a "Game/Gaming Mode" in the settings on your TV and activate it, if you already haven't. This should disable all that nasty post processing that's causing the input lag.

Hey, recently got FiOS, steam and programs like that work great when I download my games but if I try to download something via web browsers I only get something slow like 180 kb/s. I've had friends use the same link and they get 1.9 mb/s and aren't on FiOS. Anything I can do about this?

I tried releasing/renewing IP, resetting router, changing ethernet ports and port forwarding(though I'm not sure I did this right).

Speed test is 57/19

Lucid07

So my laptops has started to slowdown. It was alright one day the next its like this. Its taking 30 minutes to boot up and then another hour just to open chrome. I have reinstalled windows on it and its still the same. Is there any other checks I can do on it?

Need your help tech gaf. Essentially I'm all but certain my PSU has had it, but I'm wondering if there is anyway to check this, and/or if something else might be at fault.

Symptoms: every time I turn on my desktop, the system will take several attempts to boot up. In the cases where it fails to boot, the system can run for anything from a couple of seconds, all the way to half a minute before powering down and trying again. Sometimes it will boot second go around, others towards ten. In every case there is no image sent to my screen. Also at least one fan in the case doesn't sound right- too loud or two quiet I can't tell for sure.

Funny thing is that once it has booted, the system is fine. I've changed over my GPU to no effect, so no issue there.

To follow on from this, I've swapped PSUs, and I'm still having the same problem.
It isn't my GPU (swapped that out).
Nor my wireless card (switched to a dongle)

Need to double check memory sticks, swap out CMOS battery, and also use the power button on my mobo to ensure my case power button is not shorting.

Otherwise, I'm thinking possible HDD failure? I've disconnected my secondary drive, and I'm still having the issue. I've ran the appropriate Seagate diagnostic tool on my primary which hasn't detected any problems, which makes sense as once the machine successfully boots, I'm having no problems.

I have a Vista installation on a HDD from an older desktop- should I connect this up and see if the system works?

Wizman23

Banned
Try looking for a "Game/Gaming Mode" in the settings on your TV and activate it, if you already haven't. This should disable all that nasty post processing that's causing the input lag.

It's already set to gaming mode and like I said the Xbox 360 and PS3 have no input lag at all. When my PC is connected to the TV the input lag is so bad the games are unplayable.

Ramma2

i want to configure my laptop to wake on WLAN, but cannot find the subkey referred to in this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee851581(v=ws.10).aspx

Once in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NativeWifiP\Parameters folder, nothing that says Parameters is in there. Is there something I am missing?

Halp!! If there is an easier way of doing this, please advise! :)

Directions say:

To enable WoWLAN support for GTK and EAP scenarios, create or modify the following registry key:

So since it's not there, create it!

SpyGuy239

Hi GAF, I need your help! PC is acting up, and while I usually know how to fix these problems, this one has really stumped me.

Problem: PC just freezes after a set amount of time when gaming (40 mins to 1 hour). The game just freezes, the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, and the sound just freezes as well and goes on that loop. I have 2 screens, so I can see the GPU and CPU monitoring gadgets on the other screen, and they are frozen as well. I have to hard reset me computer to do anything else. Thing is, there’s no BSOD or dump file (I use blue screen viewer for this), and I can’t figure out what the problem is. This freezing is not the end of the world, but I kinda sucks when you’re engrossed in the middle of an intense multiplayer match or single player mission.

This only seems to happen when I'm playing games though, because I can leave my PC on for days on end (>2.5 days at the least) doing work, typing, browsing, reading etc. and the computer never once locks up or gives any problems.

I used to run 2x 560Ti in SLI and thought that was the problem, so I eventually gave up on it and tried running each 560Ti in single, but the freezing still happened. Anyway I sold off the 2 graphics cards to fund my 3 week old GTX 770 but this freezing still continues to happen. My PSU is not entirely old either, and I only replaced it 3 months ago to try out SLI. I have freshly installed Windows 7 once in this period when I got my new SSD, and before I started running the GTX 560Ti in single.
I’ve tried over 4 differed freshly installed nvidia drivers at this point, including the latest beta one for BF4, but this does not seem to be the issue. Even tried updating my Realtek audio drivers to the latest ones, but to no avail.
One thing to note, is that I’ve tried switching my RAM to 2 different slots, then the ones they are in now, and my PC will have some trouble booting into the bios, so I’m not sure if those slots are fault or what’s the story. I want to suspect it’s a RAM problem, so I can easily get them replaced and solve all the problems, but this doesn’t explain why the freezing happens while gaming and not if my PC is on for a few days busy with work.

PC Specs:
i7 860 Stock with Xigmatek Cooler (temps never go above 64 degrees Celsius on 100% load)
8gb DDR3 Ram XMP profile available, but running on stock
P55a UD4P motherboard
Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD – This is the drive the OS is on and software like browsers and MS Office, no games etc.
4 other WD HDDs, Blu-Ray drive
XFX 800W PSU (Silver)
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB (temperatures never go above 72 degrees Celsius on 100% load)

What do I do GAF? Thanks in advance.

Con_Smith

Banned
Hey Gaf I really need your help right now. I'm helping my cousin replace his crappy hard drive for his acer aspire m3900g.

Problem is once I get past the acer boot screen I just get a blank screen with a flashing underscore. Before when I ran the install disks I had no problem but now I can't get anything to work (from hitting delete to get into setup or f12 to get to the boot menu.)

I know this is probly pretty simple but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom