• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

Does any Windows user (I'm still using Vista) know of a way to stop it from sometimes assuming a folder contains photographs and listing the files with an empty "Date taken" column (in Windows Explorer - come back File Manager, all is forgiven)? On more than one occasion, I've tried to hunt down a solution, but to no avail.

Daniel B·;142277095 said:
Does any Windows user (I'm still using Vista) know of a way to stop it from sometimes assuming a folder contains photographs and listing the files with an empty "Date taken" column (in Windows Explorer - come back File Manager, all is forgiven)? On more than one occasion, I've tried to hunt down a solution, but to no avail.

These two links might help you with what you want to do.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-fix-annoying-folder-view-type-problem-in-windows-vista/

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16694/customize-the-five-windows-folder-templates/

Many thanks. That first link was exactly what I was looking for and after I checked that other seemingly reputable sites are also deleting the Shell \ Bags registry key, I went ahead (taking great care) and so far so good :). Now all folders are displayed with the "Details" view and as usual, one can right click on a blank area of the files list to change the view to "Large Icons" etc, as I did for Pictures, which it remembered.

I note that site didn't give the usual warning about editing the registry, which is to take great care when doing so, as making a mistake in the registry, such as deleting the wrong key or re-creating a key with the wrong name, could potentially have serious consequences.

moka

Got a laptop here running windows 8 that is occasionally giving bad_pool_caller BSODs. Any suggestions?

Microsoft has some good information on this. Also, look here.

In the case of bad_pool_caller, what has happened is that a thread in your processor has made a bad pool request. This means that it’s asking to use resources that are unavailable, nonexistent, or in use by another thread. It could also mean that the pool header is corrupted — regardless of the particular error, it, like most BSoDs, is caused by driver issues.

John Blade

Hello Gaffer

Just have an issue I got myself into right now and want to see if anyone can help me a bit.

The problem.
I got myself a 2TB WD Red HDD that I use to store my stuff in. Few months ago, I was trying to get into it on my new desktop but it can't see the file. So, I just follow the step it say on my computer and didn't realize what I just did which is basically almost formatting the HD. Well, it didn't format the HD but a lot of stuff are missing and difficult to bring it back.

I heard that you can try to salvage the file if you try to do it on linux which I have a laptop right now have. Sure enough I saw the missing file that I though I lost and was happy to try to salvage but I can't. I have a feeling it might be because I am seeing the file on linux and can't put it on another HDD (external) as it's window.

I was wondering if they is a way I can start to transfer all my stuff from my HDD I have an issue to another HDD that is window.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
So i was asked to fix this lady's laptop. She threw it across the room when she got mad, and now it won't boot. Didn't want to spent too much time on it, managed to backup some of her stuff, and decided i'll just re-install it.

Now every time i try installing Windows, it'll start copying files to the hard drive, and after a minute or so it comes back with an error. After that the hard drive doesn't seem to exist anymore. So the hard drive seems to turn itself off after a little while.

Sometimes the hard drive doesn't show up at all when i need to pick which drive i want to install windows to.

Should i just assume the hard drive is broken?

The hard drive a lot harder to break than the other parts.

If you can remove the HDD from the laptop. I suggest you attach it to a computer/hotswap bay and attempt to recover / reinstall from there.

Strike

Okay, the blue screens seem to have stopped, but now it's running slower than it was before. Any suggestions? Looks like they had DriverScanner on it. Uninstalled that.

I am in the market to buy an internal 3.5" HDD solely for the purpose of media storage (nothing too fancy but reliable, need to back my old docs, media etc. )

I was looking into buying two 2TB HDDs but then I notice Future Shop had a 4TB hard drive for like 160-170 bucks, it seems to be cheaper than buying two 2TB drives.

My question is: Is there any disadvantage in buying bigger drives (ie: 4TB vs 2TB) or they will function just the same? Like I mention, I don;t need these drives for performance, just stuff I can back up and maybe get to once in a while.

Also it's quite overwhelming to buy an HDD these days, the prices for the very same size and specs vary quite a bit, and bran names too, Seagate and Western Digital seemed to be the two most popular, I had a Seagate Laptop HDD (2.5") fail on me horribly earlier this year, so I have been more partial to WD, since just through experience, they seemed more reliable than Seagate.

Anyway, any advice on my next Purchase for a desktop HDD would be appreciated, price, reliability, etc. I do need about 4 Terabytes worth, just to be clear. Thanks.

kennah

I am in the market to buy an internal 3.5" HDD solely for the purpose of media storage (nothing too fancy but reliable, need to back my old docs, media etc. )

I was looking into buying two 2TB HDDs but then I notice Future Shop had a 4TB hard drive for like 160-170 bucks, it seems to be cheaper than buying two 2TB drives.

My question is: Is there any disadvantage in buying bigger drives (ie: 4TB vs 2TB) or they will function just the same? Like I mention, I don;t need these drives for performance, just stuff I can back up and maybe get to once in a while.

Also it's quite overwhelming to buy an HDD these days, the prices for the very same size and specs vary quite a bit, and bran names too, Seagate and Western Digital seemed to be the two most popular, I had a Seagate Laptop HDD (2.5") fail on me horribly earlier this year, so I have been more partial to WD, since just through experience, they seemed more reliable than Seagate.

Anyway, any advice on my next Purchase for a desktop HDD would be appreciated, price, reliability, etc. I do need about 4 Terabytes worth, just to be clear. Thanks.

Nothing is reliable. Buy the two 2TB and keep two copies of the data.

autoduelist

Hi techgaf, I am typing on a brand new Dell XPS 15 9530 and have a couple questions --

1) I want to swap out the 1T hdd for a 1T ssd drive. Does anyone have a favorite guide for this? More like, how to clone, etc, the actual hardware part (screws and such) I can figure out.

2) Would it be smarter to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 on the SSD instead? I know my motherboard is tied to my windows install somehow, and my computer didn't come with any media, so I'm guessing there is a way to do this? If this is a better path, anyone know of a decent guide?

3) This computer also has a 32G ssd msata drive that does... something something optimization? Do I need to do anything with this (setup, etc) when switching drives?

Thanks for any and all help. I've been googling this for a bit and am going in circles at this point. If I had a pile of disks/cds with Windows on it, I'd feel more comfortable... but I don't have anything, just the knowledge that my computer's motherboard 'knows' my window's license code or something.

Strike

Update: Tried a system restore. Been about 5 hours now and it's still in the process of restoring.

Edit: System restore failed. still having performance issues.

Edit 2: Solved. Did a refresh.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
office 365. Can apparantly install it on up to 5 computers, right? but I'm not sure how.

My kids and wife often use the same laptop and have separate windows user accounts (so four accounts including my admin account). Won't that use up four installs just on the one machine? I guess I could create one office 365 account that they'd all log in with but that seems quite limiting.

Next - how do I remote desktop into my father's PC? He just bought a new windows 8.1 laptop and is on the phone to me constantly trying to get it set up. I hate tech support at the best of times, but blind over the phone is the worst. If I could dial into his computer and at least see what is going on, and show him what to do rather than try and describe it, that would be really helpful.

For the last several days I've had extreme stuttering on YouTube videos. It's not a buffering/speed issue, it just chokes about 20 seconds into any video and doesn't stop. I haven't checked on other computers or changed the quality, but what usually causes stutter?

moka

For the last several days I've had extreme stuttering on YouTube videos. It's not a buffering/speed issue, it just chokes about 20 seconds into any video and doesn't stop. I haven't checked on other computers or changed the quality, but what usually causes stutter?

Have you tried using a different browser?

Persona7

Banned
office 365. Can apparantly install it on up to 5 computers, right? but I'm not sure how.

My kids and wife often use the same laptop and have separate windows user accounts (so four accounts including my admin account). Won't that use up four installs just on the one machine? I guess I could create one office 365 account that they'd all log in with but that seems quite limiting.

Next - how do I remote desktop into my father's PC? He just bought a new windows 8.1 laptop and is on the phone to me constantly trying to get it set up. I hate tech support at the best of times, but blind over the phone is the worst. If I could dial into his computer and at least see what is going on, and show him what to do rather than try and describe it, that would be really helpful.

Teamviewer works well for me for remote connections. It has to be installed on both computers but it is extremely simple to setup.

Husker86

So every once in a while when starting my computer, it will stall at the Motherboard splash screen. Turning it off and on doesn't fix it; the only thing that works is cutting it off from power for more than a few seconds, then starting it again.

Does this issue ring a bell for anyone? Obviously something is getting cleared when cutting off the power, but I'm not sure what.

It's also, as far as I can tell, hard to predict when this will happen. I can go through many startup/shutdown cycles without issue; it just happens randomly it seems.

So every once in a while when starting my computer, it will stall at the Motherboard splash screen. Turning it off and on doesn't fix it; the only thing that works is cutting it off from power for more than a few seconds, then starting it again.

Does this issue ring a bell for anyone? Obviously something is getting cleared when cutting off the power, but I'm not sure what.

It's also, as far as I can tell, hard to predict when this will happen. I can go through many startup/shutdown cycles without issue; it just happens randomly it seems.

Any error messages? Are there any diagnostic lights lit up on the motherboard (see your manual for definitions)? Sounds like hardware to me. Maybe try running memtest just to rule out your RAM.

Hey guys, I just bought a new PC and am having a strange issue. I hooked the PC up to my Samsung TV and the display resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, the resolution of my TV and the recommended setting on the computer, however the image doesn't fit exactly to my TV and the edges are missing by just a little bit. The next biggest resolution fits the TV perfectly but I'm wondering why 1080 doesn't work?

Thanks if anyone can clear that up :)

Have you tried using a different browser?
I forgot to mention I'm using a Samsung Chromebook. I cleared the cache and cookies and now it's less severe; the audio is fine but the video is still very choppy. I also tried a Windows 7 laptop using Opera and YT plays fine.

Recently my nephew got loose and managed to turn off my surge protector that my desktop was plugged into. Since then my pc is going through all kinds of issues:

Acer Aspire M3800

1. I push power and there's a 2 sec delay (that wasn't there before). The fan revs up to max speed and I hear a long constant beep and no display.

2. A) When I some times get past issue 1, I see a "CMOS checksum bad" error and I continue through to Windows. If I load Windows normally, it will run for X amount of time before completely freezing (no response from input devices).

2. B) If I load into safe mode, it lasts significantly longer before freezing.

Either way the CPU fan is on max the entire time.

I tried to determine if it's a hdd problem and installed a new ssd. Cannot install windows due it being unable to configure itself for installation (probably just have to change bios setting to IDE). However the fan remains on max speed.

Haven't tinkered with the CMOS or the RAM yet.

Any ideas TechGAF? I hope it's not a mobo issue because this pc is prebuilt and could be a pain if any connector is proprietary.

EDIT: Problem solved. Set boot mode to AHCI and Windows installed just fine (SSD upgrade is just glorious). A BIOS reset fixed the fan issue as well.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I need help with Chrome on windows. Since the latest update (updated last night) I now have a button called "First User" (I believe that's what it's called...mine is in French) in the top right corner of the window. It's the button that let's you swap between different users.

The thing is, I only have one user and my OCD is killing me, I want to get rid of it!! I can't seem to find a way to do it. Anybody knows how to disable/hide it?

Thanks

Kvjpwa1.png

Edit: Nvm, fixed it.

jaybeeze

Hi guys, I just have a quick question.

Ok so, I have Windows 7, but I wanna reformat it to Windows 8.1.

I have 2 internal hardrives, and I've transferred all my music/movies/etc onto one, so I can remove it while I reformat the other.

Now I know to store files on a hardrive in Windows 8, the hardrive has to be reformatted. But my plan is to plug in my other hardrive after I reformat so I can transfer all my stuff back over. Is it possible with Windows 8? Is it even possible with an external hardrive? Or will it not work due to the hardrive having to be reformatted, which would wipe it.

If not, is there any way at all I could get my files onto Windows 8? usb sticks? :(

accx

Hi guys, I just have a quick question.

Ok so, I have Windows 7, but I wanna reformat it to Windows 8.1.

I have 2 internal hardrives, and I've transferred all my music/movies/etc onto one, so I can remove it while I reformat the other.

Now I know to store files on a hardrive in Windows 8, the hardrive has to be reformatted. But my plan is to plug in my other hardrive after I reformat so I can transfer all my stuff back over. Is it possible with Windows 8? Or will it not work due to the hardrive having to be reformatted, which would wipe it.

The drive with your backup will still work after you've formatted the other drive with Win 8.1. I suggest backing up the documents folder and maybe %appdata% to save settings, although i'm not sure copying %appdata% straight from win 7 to 8.1 works.
I believe you can make an upgrade from win 7 to 8.1 but i suggest just doing a reformat because upgrades tend to not work properly.

EDIT:
Just so it's super clear. Drive one will contain Windows 8.1, Will be formatted. Drive two will hold backups. Drive two will still work in Win8.1 after you formatted and reinstalled windows on Drive one.

jaybeeze

The drive with your backup will still work after you've formatted the other drive with Win 8.1. I suggest backing up the documents folder and maybe %appdata% to save settings, although i'm not sure copying %appdata% straight from win 7 to 8.1 works.
I believe you can make an upgrade from win 7 to 8.1 but i suggest just doing a reformat because upgrades tend to not work properly.

EDIT:
Just so it's super clear. Drive one will contain Windows 8.1, Will be formatted. Drive two will hold backups. Drive two will still work in Win8.1 after you formatted and reinstalled windows on Drive one.

And then once I transfer files over to drive one, I can reformat drive two to use it as storage for Windows 8.1 again right?

moka

I forgot to mention I'm using a Samsung Chromebook. I cleared the cache and cookies and now it's less severe; the audio is fine but the video is still very choppy. I also tried a Windows 7 laptop using Opera and YT plays fine.

Sounds like it's a typical case of simply trying to use more resources than you have available to you - are Chromebooks that under-powered or something? Surely they can handle a YouTube video stream, no?

Hello TechSupport GAF just doing my homework on a MacBook Pro, is it worth it? And hopefully the ones that are sold are the recent models for the product. I want something medium sized so I am looking at 13" screen. Friends tell me to get one with retina and stuff.

GamerJM

Banned
So I can't log into my internet on my PS4 right now. It says that DNS server cannot be used. I figure I have to go to my router and change the DNS servers or something, but I live at home with my parents and my parents don't let me mess with the router at all for some reason. Is there any way around this without messing with the router? Also, I've had similar issues with my PS4 in the past that would just go away, why do they happen specifically with my PS4 and not any of my other devices?

Xe4

Banned
Not a PC problem, but I really need my headphone jack replaced on my laptop. Currently, I'm lucky to get one side of the headphone working. It's defiantly not the drivers, I paid a computer repair shop $80 to tell me that, and I'm 99% sure its the jack. I already tried wiping it out with a q tip and other non invasive methods, but no luck. Does anyone know a place that will replace these things, or will I have to bite the bullet and get blue tooth headphones.

Hello TechSupport GAF just doing my homework on a MacBook Pro, is it worth it? And hopefully the ones that are sold are the recent models for the product. I want something medium sized so I am looking at 13" screen. Friends tell me to get one with retina and stuff.

You should ask in the mac hardware thread, it's around here somewhere.

here it is

moka

So I can't log into my internet on my PS4 right now. It says that DNS server cannot be used. I figure I have to go to my router and change the DNS servers or something, but I live at home with my parents and my parents don't let me mess with the router at all for some reason. Is there any way around this without messing with the router? Also, I've had similar issues with my PS4 in the past that would just go away, why do they happen specifically with my PS4 and not any of my other devices?

Have you tried checking the DNS settings on the actual console? It could be that your router is configured correctly but your PS4 isn't.

t-ramp

Not a PC problem, but I really need my headphone jack replaced on my laptop. Currently, I'm lucky to get one side of the headphone working. It's defiantly not the drivers, I paid a computer repair shop $80 to tell me that, and I'm 99% sure its the jack. I already tried wiping it out with a q tip and other non invasive methods, but no luck. Does anyone know a place that will replace these things, or will I have to bite the bullet and get blue tooth headphones.
Alternatively, you could get a cheap USB sound card like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MSS6CS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

How do I turn off the shortcut to change keyboard layout?
If I press shift +control + alt it will sometimes change my keyboard layout from azerty to qwerty and it's extremely annoying (especially since the shortcut only seems to work one in a hundred attempts and only when there's a full moon so the only way to swap it back is tab out, set the window that it changed for as focus and then change it in keyboard settings in the taskbar)

I just want this shit turned off so it never changes

How do I turn off the shortcut to change keyboard layout?
If I press shift +control + alt it will sometimes change my keyboard layout from azerty to qwerty and it's extremely annoying (especially since the shortcut only seems to work one in a hundred attempts and only when there's a full moon so the only way to swap it back is tab out, set the window that it changed for as focus and then change it in keyboard settings in the taskbar)

I just want this shit turned off so it never changes

Random googling got me this:
"Control panel ==> Region & Languages==> Keyboard & languages ==> Change keyboard ==> Advanced key setting==>Change key sequence"

Don't know if it's correct as I'm on my mac ATM.

So I ran into an issue on my desktop today that's never happened before. While playing MGS: Ground Zeroes my computer has abruptly reset three times. Each around fifty minutes apart. While playing, my display turns off, my xbox360 controller loses connection, and then the display turns back on and the computer boots up normally. No shutdown notification or anything. This is the first time anything like this has ever happened.

Event Log:
Error (Event 700, Service Control Manager): The AODDriver4.2.0 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Warning (Event 16001, AFD): A TDI filter (\Driver\aswTdi) was detected. This filter has not been certified by Microsoft and may cause system instability.
Error (Event 1101, Eventlog): Audit events have been dropped by the transport.
Critical (Event 41, Kernal-Power): The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Specs:
AMD 8350
8gb RAM
GTX 770 4gb
Corsair HX 850 PSU
Windows 8.1

Ran HWMonitor while playing Ground Zeroes for thirty or so minutes. CPU temps maxed out at 47C and GPU at 61C. So nothing unusual there.

I need a wireless adapter for a desktop in my room because I broke my old one and want something with better range. I found out my garbage ISP's router uses b/g so no wonder the range sucks. My computer is 3 rooms and 1 story away from the router so it's about 25-30 feet away. My old adapter was a Medialink MWN-USB150N. Should I get an adapter with an antenna or dual band abilities?

clav

I've desoldered ports. Fixed a netbook with a broken DC jack.

Any computer place that actually fixes stuff will know how to do this and charge a fair price.

Otherwise, the other way is to buy a USB headphone adapter.

I need a wireless adapter for a desktop in my room because I broke my old one and want something with better range. I found out my garbage ISP's router uses b/g so no wonder the range sucks. My computer is 3 rooms and 1 story away from the router so it's about 25-30 feet away. My old adapter was a Medialink MWN-USB150N. Should I get an adapter with an antenna or dual band abilities?

Buy an Intel adapter.

The Intel 2200 B/G adapter was fucking awful, but I think their latest cards are decent.

Are you comfortable installing an internal wireless card?

If someone can figure this out... I will love you forever.

I've been having lag issues with my podcast. We've looked over (seemingly) every thing and can not find the source of the issue. He is the setup:

- PC mic, recording on laptop, using Skype and mp3 skype recorder
- Two people on Xbox One, using X1 Skype app, with Xbox One headsets

The issue seems to be mainly with me and one of my friends more than anything. The audio "pauses" for a second and then the persons voice continues on like nothing happened.

What we've tried:

1. Switching laptops
2. Switching pc mic
3. The one friend that seems to be causing the issue has gotten a new ISP
4. Switching Skype hosts

Nothing has worked. Skype is up to date on both ends also. Plus we've had a separate friend host and record the skype call while the three of us were on Xbox and it worked perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*Obligatory get off the Xbox One post*

I've got a question about settings for my laptop. It's an Asus N550JK which has both an integrated Intel GPU and a more powerful dedicated Nvidia one. Because of this, I have to go into the Nvidia control panel and set the .exe files for games to use the Nvidia one. It's really not that big of a deal, but could I change the global settings so everything uses the Nvidia or would that significantly affect battery life?

Does any one know of a program that will let me modify the gain of an audio file(mostly AAC but also some FLAC) that is already inside a container (MKV) without having to demux, apply the gain, and then remux? Basically I am looking for something like MP3Gain but that works with audio files already in a container.

I've already looked into foobar2000 and it would have worked great but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the reference level to the decibels(db) I want to and always use the default values to apply the gain.

zma1013

Just got a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop for somebody and it has black borders around the screen. It's almost like the screen boundaries aren't right, although I'm not sure if the 1/4" of black borders around it are actually more screen space or not. I can't seem to find a way to change the overall screen image size like you used to do with the old CRT monitors. Is this just normal for these laptops?

Sch1sm

Just got a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop for somebody and it has black borders around the screen. It's almost like the screen boundaries aren't right, although I'm not sure if the 1/4" of black borders around it are actually more screen space or not. I can't seem to find a way to change the overall screen image size like you used to do with the old CRT monitors. Is this just normal for these laptops?

If you bought it new it should already be at the native size. Weird. Start > Control Panel > Adjust Screen Res (under Appearance) > Adjust slider > Apply

BigAT

Maybe someone can help me with this.

I've been having some problems with my audio input/microphone for a while now. Basically whenever I'm speaking, there is a high pitched buzzing in the background. I've heard it described as being like a dentist's drill, although the intensity isn't quite that loud.

I've gotten it when using two different headsets, so I don't think it is my mic. I have gotten it in multiple VOIP programs, so I don't think it's the software. I have tried both the front and back mic ports on my PC. Do I just need to buy a new soundcard or something? I currently just use the onboard sound on my MB.

Vazduh

Hi TSGAF, I need your help:

A week ago while playing a game I noticed that it would freeze, then some artefact would show up and the game would continue. That would occur a couple of times and then the game would ultimately crash. When alt+tabbing I've noticed that the AMD Catalyst driver crashed and restarted. That would repeat until I quit the game.

The same thing happened only while playing a game or watching an HD video. Sometimes I could play it for an hour without any problems, and then it would happen again. Tried installing the newest driver, and the same issues are still here. Overheating is not a problem because the temperature is around 70 degree Celsius (~158 degrees Fahrenheit).

The GPU is Radeon HD 4870, the OS is Windows 8.1.

What could be causing the problem?

Hi All,

So i have a netgear WNR2000 v4 router and it has been nothing but a headache since I got it. I have to unplug it and replug it in usually 3-4 times a day because some of the lights on the front will go orange and it will drop everything on the network (wired or wireless) Not sure if theres a setting or something I can change but its rather annoying that I have to do it all the time.

Any ideas?

oneran

Hi TSGAF, I need your help:

A week ago while playing a game I noticed that it would freeze, then some artefact would show up and the game would continue. That would occur a couple of times and then the game would ultimately crash. When alt+tabbing I've noticed that the AMD Catalyst driver crashed and restarted. That would repeat until I quit the game.

The same thing happened only while playing a game or watching an HD video. Sometimes I could play it for an hour without any problems, and then it would happen again. Tried installing the newest driver, and the same issues are still here. Overheating is not a problem because the temperature is around 70 degree Celsius (~158 degrees Fahrenheit).

The GPU is Radeon HD 4870, the OS is Windows 8.1.

What could be causing the problem?

Just to make sure you are getting the drivers from amd's website (support.amd.com) and not anywhere else, Right?

Also it could be a number of issues the hardware itself, your power supply, or a conflicting program was there any specific incident when this all started?

Hi All,

So i have a netgear WNR2000 v4 router and it has been nothing but a headache since I got it. I have to unplug it and replug it in usually 3-4 times a day because some of the lights on the front will go orange and it will drop everything on the network (wired or wireless) Not sure if theres a setting or something I can change but its rather annoying that I have to do it all the time.

Any ideas?

Could you provide a little more information on your network a simple network map or list of devices on it would probably help a bit.

Does the device that connects to your ISP have DHCP enabled because that may be causing a conflict with your router if it also has DHCP enabled. Try using static IP's and see if the problem goes away, either that or you may just have a defective router.

Vazduh

Just to make sure you are getting the drivers from amd's website (support.amd.com) and not anywhere else, Right?

Also it could be a number of issues the hardware itself, your power supply, or a conflicting program was there any specific incident when this all started?

Yes, 13.4. beta (legacy drivers). I had 13.1 installed before.

Got today bsod with "Memory management" message, will run memtest+ to see if the ram is faulty.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
When I hover over links in Chrome, it no longer gives me a little box or status bar spot to tell me where the link is pointing, What gives and how do I fix it?

Top Bottom