• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

titch

Have you tried to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox? Did the same problem occur?
Are the graphics drivers for your 270x updated? Seems like a graphics card/driver issue to me but wait for other opinions.

Thanks for the reply!!!

I tried the hardware acceleration before and i still had issues with the screen not loading properly but have changed a few things since then. Haven't been able to make it fallover since then in terms of a total crash but will keep on using it disabled to see what it does.

I've tried a few different version of drivers now - currently on the beta ones to see if they would help but still the same

When the system totally bunged out these were in the system log which is making me think hardware issue.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x88d1d8fc, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger
Description:
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Internal Timer Error
Processor ID: 0

Edit disabling hardware emulation does seem to help - not had firefox totally crashing yet.

titch

oneran

Yeah thats the link i had read last night when it crashed - tbf its only done that one so hopefully it was a one off.

The Microsoft answers link roadrunn3r posted has a lot of good troubleshooting steps, but you should also check that their is no AI/auto overclocking setting active by default in your bios. Also what are your temperatures like?

titch

The Microsoft answers link roadrunn3r posted has a lot of good troubleshooting steps, but you should also check that their is no AI/auto overclocking setting active by default in your bios. Also what are your temperatures like?

The bios settings are set to default(although most of the cpu settings are set to auto) and the temps look ok as far as i can see.

Zoon

I got the logitech g430 headset and there seems to be an issue with skype/steam or the logitech gaming software.At random times the headset keeps connecting and disconnecting for ~5 mins.I've searched online for solutions but there doesn't seem to be any.

jett

D-Member
Please help me guys to identify the issue here.
PC:
ASUS Z97-A
AMD 280X
WD 1TB HDD
850W Seasonic-X

Last night Windows 7 crashed out of the blue for like the first time ever, was watching a twitch stream, using two screens. It wasn't a BSOD, the image on the screen just became totally garbled.

Upon reboot, the bios would not detect the HDD, as if it wasn't connected. But upon powering down the computer and powering it up again, it detected the HDD again. Windows loaded fine, but it crashed again within a few minutes. Again, no BSOD. First Windows Aero was automatically disabled and then every window started closing up, until I was left with nothing but my backdrop. Then it either crashed or I hit the reset button, I don't remember.

Same deal, rebooted, bios couldn't find the HDD. Powered down/powered on, bios detected my HDD again. Windows loaded but became unusable soon enough.

What's going on??? In all my years of using a computer I've never experienced this. I ran chkdsk, the HDD seemed fine. Changed SATA cables and SATA ports. I've rolled back to an older bios. No change. If I boot into safe mode or into Windows Repair, it doesn't crash, but everytime I hit the reset button the bios once again fails to detect the HDD.

I don't have an additional HDD to test it out unfortunately, but I have another power supply to test it out in case that's the problem. I hope it's just the HDD cuz that's just the easiest thing to fix. This is really bewildering.

jett

D-Member
Oh well, the computer started messing up again. It seems it just closes windows explorer and gets stuck with just the backdrop.

Have you got any pci cards besides the gfx card connected to the motherboard?

No, just the video card.

edit: ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors notes that the +5V rail is at 4.400, apparently that's not good? It's in red.

oneran

Oh well, the computer started messing up again. It seems it just closes windows explorer and gets stuck with just the backdrop.

No, just the video card.

edit: ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors notes that the +5V rail is at 4.400, apparently that's not good? It's in red.

Typically your voltages should vary within 10% of the rated voltage, so it is pretty low was this your main or backup power supply?

5V is supplied to the hard drive through the Sata power connector so it may be causing issues with the HDD not being recognized. But normally this is a symptom of a dying drive and you should try to backup anything really important while you can. (Just in case)

-EDIT-
Once your 5V is out of the red and you have done a backup of any important data, You should download Data Lifeguard from Western Digital's website it will allow you to perform a SMART test on the drive. There are a lot of other free bootable linux tools out there as well.

jett

D-Member
Typically your voltages should vary within 10% of the rated voltage, so it is pretty low was this your main or backup power supply?

5V is supplied to the hard drive through the Sata power connector so it may be causing issues with the HDD not being recognized. But normally this is a symptom of a dying drive and you should try to backup anything really important while you can.

That was my main power supply. I put in another one and things seem to be going smoothly, 5V is at 5.120. So that power supply was the culprit! Maybe! What an annoyance. I've already exchanged this Seasonic PSU once due to coil whine, I liked how whisper quiet the fan is though. Now I have an older XFX one that pretty much screams under load (which I originally changed it for the Seasonic...oh man). I've just got bad luck with this build. I'll update if i get any more issues. Thank you for the help.

Hoping you guys can help me. Recently, as of last week, my computer has been locking up, the screen goes black, and the fans rev up to max speed. It sounds like a fucking jet engine and I cannot figure out what is wrong.

Here's the event viewer:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8019584010
BCP2: FFFFF8800F9D4828
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010515-21590-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ronin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30217-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Here's my rig.

Intel Core i7 4820k @3.9 ghz (ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-R 135mm CPU Cooler attached)
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
32 gigs of CORSAIR Vengeance Pro DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
256 gig SSD as a main drive, 3 1tb additional drives
GeForce 670
Soundblaster Fatality x-fi sound card
CORSAIR Professional Series CMPSU-750AX/RF 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

I have all this in a big ass NZXT case. It has plenty of fans and cooling. I have a zalman 9900MAX cooler on the processor. It's run rock solid for almost a year now and this just recently came up. My temps never top over 36 degrees celsius under load, and my graphics card never seems to get above 50-60 degrees celsius. The case is clean, I blow it out regularly.

I use the ASUS overclocking utility and had this rig up to 4.5 stable but I keep it at 4.1 and run the X.M.B. mode to get my ram to 2400mhz. I've brought down the OC and put everything to stock and it's still happening. I can't figure out what it is. Any help you can give would be amazing.

I'm still having this same problem. Rolled back drivers, tested the video card and I cannot figure out what it is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

wilflare

anyone got a good guide on
reformatting and optimizing a Win8.1 installation?

gearing my PC up for a clean install (for 2015)
---- how do I go about ensuring my fresh Win8.1 installation gets the latest version with all the updates included, etc?
(CONTEXT: my Win8.1 is an upgrade key from my Win7 installation)

oneran

I'm still having this same problem. Rolled back drivers, tested the video card and I cannot figure out what it is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry if this all seems basic but have you tried the clean installation option for the Nvidia drivers and running a windows memory diagnostic?

Also did you confirm in the bios that the ASUS overclocking utility properly reset everything back to their stock settings?

anyone got a good guide on
reformatting and optimizing a Win8.1 installation?

gearing my PC up for a clean install (for 2015)
---- how do I go about ensuring my fresh Win8.1 installation gets the latest version with all the updates included, etc?
(CONTEXT: my Win8.1 is an upgrade key from my Win7 installation)

I'm not entirely sure so bare with me but have you tried?

Create installation media for Windows 8.1

clem84

Gold Member
Been having a weird problem lately with a new tablet I just got. It is a Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4".

I just bought a 32GB microSD card for it.

For some reason when I try to transfer large files to it, the transfer speed is incredibly slow. A few examples:

- a 500MB file takes maybe 2-3 minutes
- a 19GB folder with various video files in it (all between 500MB and 1GB) took about 20 minutes
- a 13GB single video file was 75% done after 3h1/2 hours. The progress window was telling me there was another 3 hours left. I just clicked cancel thinking maybe something was wrong.

So... Is it normal for large files to have extremely slow transfer speed on tablets?

oneran

Been having a weird problem lately with a new tablet I just got. It is a Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4".

I just bought a 32GB microSD card for it.

For some reason when I try to transfer large files to it, the transfer speed is incredibly slow. A few examples:

- a 500MB file takes maybe 2-3 minutes
- a 19GB folder with various video files in it (all between 500MB and 1GB) took about 20 minutes
- a 13GB single video file was 75% done after 3h1/2 hours. The progress window was telling me there was another 3 hours left. I just clicked cancel thinking maybe something was wrong.

So... Is it normal for large files to have extremely slow transfer speed on tablets?

Do you know what brand, model, or class the SD card is? The class basically states the speed at which the sd card is able to read and write data.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_class_rating

clem84

Gold Member

clem84

Gold Member
If you have laptop/desktop and a card reader you can compare speeds, other than closing any apps in the background while transferring I can't really think of anything else, Sorry!

Hey thanks for the help. I'll run a few tests with different files, see how that goes.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
just installed my new AOC 144hz g-sync monitor. Should I set screen refresh rate in Display settings to 144hz or does it not matter?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Google 2-step verification keeps asking for code despite having "don't ask for codes again on this computer".

I guess it's because I use ccleaner, but don't most people clear stuff out? This is annoying as fuuuck.

Google 2-step verification keeps asking for code despite having "don't ask for codes again on this computer".

I guess it's because I use ccleaner, but don't most people clear stuff out? This is annoying as fuuuck.

Most people don't because it is unnecessary and leads to the exact problem you are describing. At least have CCleaner skip the cookies of the browser you use for google services if you want to remain logged in.

just installed my new AOC 144hz g-sync monitor. Should I set screen refresh rate in Display settings to 144hz or does it not matter?
You have to set it to 144hz, yes. Most games will use the desktop mode as default. Some will require you to also set 144hz ingame.

Volimar

I am using an android tablet ver. 4.1.1

How can I install new apps/games to my external microSD card? I can move things to the internal SD card, but there seems to be no option to move or better yet, install to my external SD card.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Going into rage mode now...

Excel 2010.

Make a spreadsheet. Eventually realize I cannot use two-finger scroll on my laptop to scroll up and down through the spreadsheet. WTF. This is so ridiculously frustrating!

One note: other spreadsheets I have open allow me to scroll through them, but not this one. I have checked to make sure the "Freeze Pane" selection is not checked.,

Whoever helps me has my sword for life. If society ever breaks down, you are welcome in my home. I have a year's supply of food, so we can last a while longer than most folk.

Magwik

Banned
I should have never bought my dad a Windws 8 tablet for Christmas
Viruses everywhere already :(
One I'm currently stuck on is findingdiscount.exe
Disguises itself as Windows Discount in program files
Whenever I go to disable it from startup there must be another process that boots it right back up but can't figure out which it is
:(

TechGaf, this has been an ordeal.

My mother bought me this PC, and I've been trying to upgrade it.

AMD FX-Series FX-4300 (3.80GHz)
4GB DDR3 1TB HDD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
AMD Radeon R5 230 1 GB

Right now, it's got another stick of ram inside it, bringing it to a cool 8GB. The motherboard is a ga-78Imt usb3 Gigabyte. I believe this will be important in the discussion at hand.

So I bought a new PSU for it, because I have a video card coming and it needs more. It's a XFX Double D R9 270 925MHz Boost 2GB DDR5 DP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Card (R9270ACDFC). Or whatever.

Anyway I install the sucker right and no power comes on. I take it to Geek Squad (because it's late, my baby is sick, and I have no where else to take her), and the guy tries other PSU after fiddling with mine. None of them work. However, he tries one with lower wattage and BAM! Works fine. Tries my old one. Works fine.

So he's going to check it out tomorrow and call me, but when I came back I found some grey cord thing that looks like an adapter for the plug in.

Basically what I'm asking is, could the issue be the fact that I need this adapter for the pins, or is it something else, like the motherboard not being able to take a certain amount of wattage?

oneran

Going into rage mode now...

Excel 2010.

Make a spreadsheet. Eventually realize I cannot use two-finger scroll on my laptop to scroll up and down through the spreadsheet. WTF. This is so ridiculously frustrating!

One note: other spreadsheets I have open allow me to scroll through them, but not this one. I have checked to make sure the "Freeze Pane" selection is not checked.,

Whoever helps me has my sword for life. If society ever breaks down, you are welcome in my home. I have a year's supply of food, so we can last a while longer than most folk.

If someone was playing with the worksheet properties they could have changed ScrollArea value, try going to the developer tab and click properties (under controls) a new window should pop up look for the ScrollArea value it should be blank. I doubt that's the problem but It's the only thing I can think of at the moment, hope it helps!

I should have never bought my dad a Windws 8 tablet for Christmas
Viruses everywhere already :(
One I'm currently stuck on is findingdiscount.exe
Disguises itself as Windows Discount in program files
Whenever I go to disable it from startup there must be another process that boots it right back up but can't figure out which it is
:(

Are you sure it didn't create a service? Try checking services.msc to see if there is anything is out of the ordinary.

You may want to try avast or other free AV tool (at least temporary) they will typically classify stuff like this as a PUP(potentially unwanted program) and remove it even if it is not technically a "virus." Anyway have fun!

My PC's USB 3.0 ports suddenly don't work with all of my Apple devices(2.0 ports work just fine), but they are still functional, I have tested them with portable HDDs and flash drives. Googled around but didn't find anyone with similar problem, I need your help.

oneran

My PC's USB 3.0 ports suddenly don't work with all of my Apple devices(2.0 ports work just fine), but they are still functional, I have tested them with portable HDDs and flash drives. Googled around but didn't find anyone with similar problem, I need your help.

You may want to check the usb compatibility settings in your bios.

Also just for clarification when you say they "don't work" does windows at least recognize something is being plugged in then makes that error sound? and are you sure the cable just isn't broken?

You may want to check the usb compatibility settings in your bios.

Also just for clarification when you say they "don't work" does windows at least recognize something is being plugged in then makes that error sound? and are you sure the cable just isn't broken?
Nothing happens when I use USB 3.0 ports, my cables are not broken because they work with 2.0 ports. What kind of USB settings might have caused it?

oneran

Nothing happens when I use USB 3.0 ports, my cables are not broken because they work with 2.0 ports. What kind of USB settings might have caused it?

There should be usb legacy setting in your bios, you can try playing around with them too see if it changes anything.

But this is very strange, are you absolutely sure its just not showing up as an unknown device under Devices and Printers?

Anyway found some stuff on apples website its a long shot but try it before playing around in the bios:

Navigate to Control Panel.
Double-click the System icon.
Click the Hardware tab.
Click Device Manager.
Scroll down the list of devices to the Universal Serial Bus controllers
Click the plus icon next to the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Double-click one of the indented USB Root Hub entries.
Click the Power Management tab.
Deselect the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
Restart the computer.

Also some good troubleshooting steps here as well-iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch not recognized in iTunes for Windows (I would look at the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver first)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Anyone ever get a 0xc000021a and a 0x81000204 error?

I've tried to search for solutions online, but I can't seem to find anything that helps.

It seems a bad Windows Update installation happened or something's going on with my drive. :(

I tried to check it a few times, but the process froze.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If someone was playing with the worksheet properties they could have changed ScrollArea value, try going to the developer tab and click properties (under controls) a new window should pop up look for the ScrollArea value it should be blank. I doubt that's the problem but It's the only thing I can think of at the moment, hope it helps!
!

Thanks for the suggestion, but that wasn't it :(

I did find out that left/right scrolling still works in those sheets that won't let me scroll up and down. WTF!!!

I have a $5 Amazon Gift Card for anyone who can help me solve this problem!

EDIT: Looks like I owe myself the Amazon gift card? I just kept hitting the Freeze Panes options until it finally started working. Must be a glitch in my install or something?

Kapsama

Windows 7 64 bit

I have a black screen of death issue that I haven't been able to solve myself. Hopefully someone can help.

When I start my PC I get a black screen after the Windows logo. I can move the mouse cursor but nothing else works, CTRL,ALT,DEL or CTRL,Shift+ESC don't work.
I tried booting into Safe Mode but I get the same black screen of death.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a registry issue. I use this program called GLARY for maintenance and in a moment of weakness I let it "clean" my registry. Well since then the PC doesn't boot into Windows 7.

I have a Windows 7 disc that I used to see if I could do a startup repair but no dice. Apparently there is a way to restore the registry from the command prompt when using a repair disc, but I don't know the commands.

Anyone familiar with this? I know I can do a clean reinstall but I'd much rather find a fix without resorting to that.

Schrade

Windows 7 64 bit

I have a black screen of death issue that I haven't been able to solve myself. Hopefully someone can help.

When I start my PC I get a black screen after the Windows logo. I can move the mouse cursor but nothing else works, CTRL,ALT,DEL or CTRL,Shift+ESC don't work.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a registry issue. I use this program called GLARY for maintenance and in a moment of weakness I let it "clean" my registry. Well since then the PC doesn't boot into Windows 7.

I have a Windows 7 disc that I used to see if I could do a startup repair but no dice. Apparently there is a way to restore the registry from the command prompt when using a repair disc, but I don't know the commands.

Anyone familiar with this? I know I can do a clean reinstall but I'd much rather find a fix without resorting to that.

If you can move the mouse pointer then it's not an "of death" type of situation.

Is it possible that you have another monitor or display output hooked up to it? This includes any virtual second monitors (for example, I used to have a virtual monitor that would send to my PSP that was always detected even if the PSP wasn't on).

Try hitting Windows P a couple of times and see if your main desktop shows up on your display.

This controls the "Projector" output and it switches between "Computer Only" "Duplicate" "Extend" (Multi-Monitor) and "Projector"

Another thing you can try is to hit F8 on startup and choose "Enabled low-resolution video (640x480)".

If it is indeed a display/drisplay driver problem you're having, this may work around it.

oneran

Windows 7 64 bit

You can also try a basic system restore from the Windows 7 recovery tools as long as you pick a recovery date before your program altered the registry there is a good chance it could fix your boot problems if that is in-fact the issue.

Kapsama

If you can move the mouse pointer then it's not an "of death" type of situation.

Is it possible that you have another monitor or display output hooked up to it? This includes any virtual second monitors (for example, I used to have a virtual monitor that would send to my PSP that was always detected even if the PSP wasn't on).

Try hitting Windows P a couple of times and see if your main desktop shows up on your display.

This controls the "Projector" output and it switches between "Computer Only" "Duplicate" "Extend" (Multi-Monitor) and "Projector"

Another thing you can try is to hit F8 on startup and choose "Enabled low-resolution video (640x480)".

If it is indeed a display/drisplay driver problem you're having, this may work around it.

I tried switching monitors but it's the same black screen with a mouse cursor. The low resolution mode doesn't yield any results either, same black screen with a mouse cursor. Thanks for the help though.

You can also try a basic system restore from the Windows 7 recovery tools as long as you pick a recovery date before your program altered the registry there is a good chance it could fix your boot problems if that is in-fact the issue.

Unfortunately I don't have any system restore points to go back to. Maybe I should enable it in the future. Thanks for the suggestion though.

oneran

I tried switching monitors but it's the same black screen with a mouse cursor. The low resolution mode doesn't yield any results either, same black screen with a mouse cursor. Thanks for the help though.

Unfortunately I don't have any system restore points to go back to. Maybe I should enable it in the future. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You could try running system file checker from the command prompt in recovery tools. Once you enter command prompt type:

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

Make sure c:\ is replaced with the drive that contains your windows installation.

wilflare

I'm helping my friend upgrade his Lenovo U400
I have replaced his HDD with a SSD and installed Windows 8.1

I am trying to download the latest drivers from the Intel website but I am really confused as to which ones I'm supposed to get.

I can't even find the Intel HM65 Chipset on the site.

any advice will be very much appreciated.

Garou

I'm helping my friend upgrade his Lenovo U400
I have replaced his HDD with a SSD and installed Windows 8.1

I am trying to download the latest drivers from the Intel website but I am really confused as to which ones I'm supposed to get.

I can't even find the Intel HM65 Chipset on the site.

any advice will be very much appreciated.

Chipset-stuff is usually downloaded from the maker of the machine, not Intel.

Kaladin

TechSupportGaf:

Does anyone here have experience with a Network Attached Storage drive? I'm looking at these as an option for my home network setup.

I have a couple of questions: If you're on the home network for these, do you have to copy files off the drive and onto the PC, or can you bring it up straight from the drive like any normal drive connected to a PC?

Also, I'm looking at a WD My Cloud EX2 which has a built in iTunes server. How does that work in practice? I'm hoping I can just use itunes like normal without having to plug in a hard drive to my laptop every time I come home. Or is the interface clunky and not worth dealing with?

Rufus

I have a couple of questions: If you're on the home network for these, do you have to copy files off the drive and onto the PC, or can you bring it up straight from the drive like any normal drive connected to a PC?
Yeah, that's the point.
Ever linked two computers and shared a folder or an entire drive of one machine? It's like that.

Also, I'm looking at a WD My Cloud EX2 which has a built in iTunes server. How does that work in practice? I'm hoping I can just use itunes like normal without having to plug in a hard drive to my laptop every time I come home. Or is the interface clunky and not worth dealing with?
I don't care about (or for) iTunes, but it should just stream the music to whatever device you're accessing it from via LAN or WLAN.
That's the advantage over a simple external storage drive that hooks up via USB or whatever.

Kaladin

I don't care about (or for) iTunes, but it should just stream the music to whatever device you're accessing it from via LAN or WLAN.
That's the advantage over a simple external storage drive that hooks up via USB or whatever.

iTunes is my main music player, so I'm excited to try out the feature....but I use playlists and such a lot to organize my collection....hoping it works the same on the shared library.

redlegs87

I was cleaning out my pc earlier and when I booted it on I heard this worrying grindy/clicky noise coming from somewhere inside the PC. Didn't sound like a fan so I stuck my ear as close as I could seemed to be coming from the CPU pump on my AIO liquid cooler.

Stuck my mic in and recorded it for a short bit. I can't hear it when the case is all closed up and it isn't really super loud but it's noticeable when the side panel is off.

Should I be worried?

GAF, I recently ran into a problem on my customer Win 8.1 machine where if I plug absolutely anything into the machine's front (USB 3.0?) ports the computer will hard lock. This has never been a problem before in the years I've owned it. I'm pretty baffled.

Things I've done recently that constitute changes to the system:

Installed the Mayflash Dolphinbar - I would "uninstall" this, but as far as I know it's just a standard USB device and there's really nothing to uninstall. It is, however, unplugged. I still get lockups.

By "anything" I mean USB drives, and even the logitech unifying receiver dongle. Doesn't matter what, it just seems to lock up.

Any advice on where to look? I have a P8Z68V_PRO motherboard, 2600K, 16GB ram, a GTX 970 and several hard drives for media format shifting in case any of that's relevant.

oneran

GAF, I recently ran into a problem on my customer Win 8.1 machine where if I plug absolutely anything into the machine's front (USB 3.0?) ports the computer will hard lock. This has never been a problem before in the years I've owned it. I'm pretty baffled.

Things I've done recently that constitute changes to the system:

Installed the Mayflash Dolphinbar - I would "uninstall" this, but as far as I know it's just a standard USB device and there's really nothing to uninstall. It is, however, unplugged. I still get lockups.

By "anything" I mean USB drives, and even the logitech unifying receiver dongle. Doesn't matter what, it just seems to lock up.

Any advice on where to look? I have a P8Z68V_PRO motherboard, 2600K, 16GB ram, a GTX 970 and several hard drives for media format shifting in case any of that's relevant.

If its only happening on the front panel connector I doubt its anything you installed. You may want to start by checking device manager and ensure nothing is giving you any errors, be sure to check the entire universal serial bus controller tree.

Also you can try re-seating the front panel usb connector(s) on your motherboard.

Mistake

My ipod is telling me the in house distribution is going to expire in a few days, but I don't know how to find out which apps this affects. I run some older ones on ios 5.1.1 because I can't go any higher, so what does this mean as a user? The apps won't work? I'm only finding information for developers.

RS4-

So, I decided to look at my bandwidth and what the fuck, apparently I downed/upped 77 & 28GB respectively, just today alone. Downloaded zero games, and the only patch that was pushed over Steam was Dota 2. Possibly some other games, but not enough to even account .05% of that usage. This month I'm apparently at 780GB judging from IP Traffic on my router.

I did run a scan with malwarebytes, got rid of some backdoorbot/trojan. But Christ, wtf.

Installing networx and going to keep tabs on this.

Edit - it has jumped to 92 & 32 since I originally made this post. Any idea what could be causing these readings? This is all through IP traffic on tomato firmware. Networx isn't reporting anything out of the ordinary. My isp is supposedly monitoring bandwidth but their tracker doesn't even work.

edit again - I should've been looking at WAN traffic instead, so might have to ignore the above. But at the same time, my weekly total usage reported is exactly the same as the past month. Hmm.

Top Bottom