• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

kehs

Banned
Futureman said:
Only thing she did was install Firefox.

Ok, I'm in the ASUS Preload Wizard which I think will restore.

I have to option to:

-Recover Windows to first partition only
-Recover Windows to entire HD
-Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions

?

Option 2?

Uh.....I'm not entirely sure but they should all work, just a matter of how you want the drive partitioned.

My guess?:
1 = 1 partition active, 1 hidden(which can probably be activated later)
2 = 1 partition
3 = 2 partitions viewable

mt1200

A little question for IT gaf.

The laptop provided by my company has Lotus Notes 8.5 connected to a lotus server (I guess), I installed Debian in another partition, so I have Windows and linux.

I want to use linux but I need access to the lotus mail which is windows-only, can I set up Thuderbird or another free mail software, to link with the Lotus notes server?.

yeoz

mt1200 said:
A little question for IT gaf.

The laptop provided by my company has Lotus Notes 8.5 connected to a lotus server (I guess), I installed Debian in another partition, so I have Windows and linux.

I want to use linux but I need access to the lotus mail which is windows-only, can I set up Thuderbird or another free mail software, to link with the Lotus notes server?.
There's a native linux client for Lotus Notes, but, I don't know if your IT department will support that...
I don't know if you can download that anywhere or not though. Maybe? (also, the server is called Domino Server)

TommyT

Alrighty IT GAF I need any tips/advice/whatever you've got me.

Details: I moved to a two story town home recently and did not elect to get cable. Turns out I have free cable as they didn't put a filter on one of the lines coming into my apartment. So I have free basic cable in the upstairs bedroom, which is adjacent to the living room and complete opposite side of the big-screen TV I own downstairs. My internet is coming from the cable drop (with a filter on it) behind the TV to which I have a cable modem and wireless internet router (4 port wired as well) hooked up. I have a long ass ethernet cable running from said router to my PC upstairs.

I prefer wired for all my machines (PC/PS3/360/etc.) with the exception of laptops and mobile devices. Why? Not important, just don't want people telling me to get some wireless adapters.

Dilemma: Need to get ethernet, PC video and PC audio downstairs directly below my PC to my TV. Also, I need to get cable from bedroom on top floor (which is about 20 feet to the left of my PC set up) to said TV.

Thinking about: Cable - running a long ass coax cable and tucking it in between the wall and carpet/tack strip. PC/ethernet - Running cables through the wall and having them connect to a Keystone wall plate with 2 ethernet ports, 1 VGA or HDMI port, and 1 3.5mm stereo port.

Sorry about all the text, anyone have anything I could be missing?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
TommyT said:
Dilemma: Need to get ethernet, PC video and PC audio downstairs directly below my PC to my TV. Also, I need to get cable from bedroom on top floor (which is about 20 feet to the left of my PC set up) to said TV.

Thinking about: Cable - running a long ass coax cable and tucking it in between the wall and carpet/tack strip. PC/ethernet - Running cables through the wall and having them connect to a Keystone wall plate with 2 ethernet ports, 1 VGA or HDMI port, and 1 3.5mm stereo port.

Sorry about all the text, anyone have anything I could be missing?
USB, Bluetooth or something like that so that you can control your PC from wherever. You don't want to run through the house to switch playlists, right?

TommyT

wolfmat said:
USB, Bluetooth or something like that so that you can control your PC from wherever. You don't want to run through the house to switch playlists, right?

I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard so yeah I can do whatever on the PC while treating the TV as a monitor. I eventually hope to get a HTPC, but right now one of my storage drives on my PC has all my media.

So I have a problem and I have no idea what it is. I'm on my computer and it randomly shuts off. I turn it back on and nothing responds. I can not get to system recovery or anything. Just Raid Tools which I know nothing about. The computer just hangs on a black screen with a blinking underscore. This is a Windows 7 Desktop btw.

torontoml

I have a problem with the internet connection at the new house I just moved into. The other people in the house have no problem connecting wirelessly, and my phone internet will work off the router as well. I can connect to the router but the internet will only work for about 30 seconds when I connect to the router then just stops working. If I start it up in safe mode the internet works great, I have also turned off my antivirus/firewall completely and that didn't work.

If you need info about the router I will have to give that later as I am at work, possibly at D-link 615 or similar number combination. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15R.

Hey, so I built a new PC a few weeks ago and it started freezing randomly on Windows 7 a few days ago. Freeze, as in, no keyboard/mouse input is registered (not even the Num key will work), the sound "freezes" as well (weird noise coming from the speakers). I thought at first it was due to my eSATA drive that caused a few problems earlier, but after plugging that into a different eSATA port (and now unplugging it completely) it still happens.

What are the common causes for that kind of problem? Faulty memory? Problem in Windows? I have Ubuntu installed as well and I haven't used it very much yet, I'll probably use it for a few days just to see if it occurs there as well. I'm currently updating the BIOS firmware, maybe it'll help.

My specs:
Asus P8P67 Pro
Intel Core i5 2500k
GeForce 560 Ti
8 GB Corsair XM8 RAM
Stuff plugged into the PC: Logitech USB headset, MX518 mouse, Steelseries 6gv2 keyboard, speakers, eSATA drive.

mt1200

close to the edge said:
Hey, so I built a new PC a few weeks ago and it started freezing randomly on Windows 7 a few days ago. Freeze, as in, no keyboard/mouse input is registered (not even the Num key will work), the sound "freezes" as well (weird noise coming from the speakers). I thought at first it was due to my eSATA drive that caused a few problems earlier, but after plugging that into a different eSATA port (and now unplugging it completely) it still happens.

What are the common causes for that kind of problem? Faulty memory? Problem in Windows? I have Ubuntu installed as well and I haven't used it very much yet, I'll probably use it for a few days just to see if it occurs there as well. I'm currently updating the BIOS firmware, maybe it'll help.

My specs:
Asus P8P67 Pro
Intel Core i5 2500k
GeForce 560 Ti
8 GB Corsair XM8 RAM
Stuff plugged into the PC: Logitech USB headset, MX518 mouse, Steelseries 6gv2 keyboard, speakers, eSATA drive.

Are you overclocking those memories or the CPU?, if so, set the default settings first.

What PSU are you using?, dont use the cheap chinese ones for a high end PC, they may give you unstable voltages and freeze your pc or even damage your vcard

IT gaf:

I could finally retrieve mails from the Lotus Domino server with thunderbird, I discovered that the server had the pop3 and smtp services running, so I connected with no problems.

But none of my messages are in the server, with thunderbird I get only new messages and not the old ones, I checked deeper and it seems that my Lotus Client draws all the email from the server into a local copy when its running, and deletes the server copy, how do I stop this?

mt1200 said:
Are you overclocking those memories or the CPU?, if so, set the default settings first.

What PSU are you using?, dont use the cheap chinese ones for a high end PC, they may give you unstable voltages and freeze your pc or even damage your vcard

IT gaf:

I could finally retrieve mails from the Lotus Domino server with thunderbird, I discovered that the server had the pop3 and smtp services running, so I connected with no problems.

But none of my messages are in the server, with thunderbird I get only new messages and not the old ones, I checked deeper and it seems that my Lotus Client draws all the email from the server into a local copy when its running, and deletes the server copy, how do I stop this?
No overclocking on any of the parts I have and I'm not using a cheap PSU (a Corsair one, not sure if 650 or 750W)

About your problem, there should be a setting in the Lotus client that prevents it from deleting messages on the server, I'm not familiar with it, but it's a pretty basic feature, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

mt1200

close to the edge said:
No overclocking on any of the parts I have and I'm not using a cheap PSU (a Corsair one, not sure if 650 or 750W)

Insert your memories in different slots, if they are close to the CPU, place them in the farthest slots.

I think your problem might be the PSU, i too have a Corsair PSU, and my issue is that I cant turn on the pc, instantly login and start using it, I have to wait a little before using the PC when it has just powered on or it will freeze, my PSU also makes a weird noise (sounds like when a F1 car speeds up without the gearbox transmission sound) when I shut down the PC, I think its all because a faulty capacitor.

I've been with this PSU issue for about a year, since I got my PC, I dont have money to buy another PSU so Id rather wait 30-45 seconds before logging into windows than go RMA (I have to send it back to the US, and its expensive, a lot.) or buy another one.

torontoml

Does nobody have any suggestions, I am at home now so I can trouble shoot on my computer/phone
torontoml said:
I have a problem with the internet connection at the new house I just moved into. The other people in the house have no problem connecting wirelessly, and my phone internet will work off the router as well. I can connect to the router but the internet will only work for about 30 seconds when I connect to the router then just stops working. If I start it up in safe mode the internet works great, I have also turned off my antivirus/firewall completely and that didn't work.

If you need info about the router I will have to give that later as I am at work, possibly at D-link 615 or similar number combination. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15R.

Since I last reformatted my computer, it's been having trouble with displaying images properly on IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I've tried the usual suspects like clearing my history and updating my video card drivers but nothing seems to fix it.

Picture of what's going on:
Screwed_Up_Image.jpg

Edit: It only happens occasionally. Roughly 10% of the time.

clav

torontoml said:
Does nobody have any suggestions, I am at home now so I can trouble shoot on my computer/phone
Do you use any security software suites? To explain that, do you use software that has an all-in-one solution (Antivirus+Firewall+Spam)?

Is wireless managed from Windows software or a third party one?

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Since I last reformatted my computer, it's been having trouble with displaying images properly on IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I've tried the usual suspects like clearing my history and updating my video card drivers but nothing seems to fix it.

Picture of what's going on: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/GeorgeForeman2k/Screwed_Up_Image.jpg

Edit: It only happens occasionally. Roughly 10% of the time.

That's really strange.

What are the temperatures on your GPU?

Grab a copy of hwmonitor or speedfan and post a shot here.

claviertekky said:
Do you use any security software suites? To explain that, do you use software that has an all-in-one solution (Antivirus+Firewall+Spam)?

Is wireless managed from Windows software or a third party one?

That's really strange.

What are the temperatures on your GPU?

Grab a copy of hwmonitor or speedfan and post a shot here.

Hmm... the GPU is running pretty hot.
Speedfan.jpg

clav

RoboGeorgeForeman said:

That's actually acceptable although what's with that temperature at 127 degrees Celsius? It might be a broken sensor, but it seems odd it appears there.

Your computer is running a bit warm. Is it a laptop?

I wonder, but I doubt that's causing the problem or could it when it's under load?

Check to see if those temperatures change while playing a Youtube video or some sort of CPU/GPU intensive activity.

Also, it won't hurt to test your RAM. You can run a free tool in Windows Vista/7 called Windows Memory Diagnostic. Takes about 20 minutes or longer. Boots up in a DOS environment, so you can't do anything else when it's being tested.

claviertekky said:
That's actually acceptable although what's with that temperature at 127 degrees Celsius? Your computer is running a bit warm though. Is it a laptop?

I wonder, but I doubt that's causing the problem or could it when it's under load?

Check to see if those temperatures change while playing a Youtube video or some sort of CPU/GPU intensive activity.

Nah, it's a GTX570. Also I was running already running youtube video when I took that pic.

I wish I could check it's stats while running a game, but the games usually crack out when they're minimized.

Edit: I don't have any CDs/DVDs right now, so Windows Memory Diagnostic will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Just managed to get it immediately after playing a game and it was at 83 Celsius.

clav

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Nah, it's a GTX570. Also I was running already running youtube video when I took that pic.

I wish I could check it's stats while running a game, but the games usually crack out when they're minimized.

Edit: I don't have any CDs/DVDs right now, so Windows Memory Diagnostic will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Just managed to get it immediately after playing a game and it was at 83 Celsius.
?

Windows Memory Diagnostic is on the hard disk in Windows 7.

Just click on the Start menu and type Windows Memory Diagnostic. No disks needed.

At 83, whoa. What's your setup? Fans? Case? Specs?

claviertekky said:
?

Just click on the Start menu and type Windows Memory Diagnostic. No disks needed.

I have a Intel i7 930 w/ a Coolermaster Hyper212 heatsink with two fans, an Antec 902 case (has 4 fans built in), and the aforementioned GTX570.

Edit: Looks like the operating temperature at full load was around 86 Celsius, so I think everything is alright (especially since I was running Fallout NV, when I checked).

Edit2: I think I spoke too soon. The issue is still there, it just took a little while longer to reproduce.

BeeDog

Alright, having an issue that's driving me crazy, and I pray some GAF'er

I downloaded an MP3 off SoundCloud the other day, and something went wrong; the file was split up in two files, one 0 byte and the other the size of the MP3. The problem is, one of the files can't be removed or even renamed for some stupid reason.

When I try to rename/delete the file, I get a Windows pop-up saying something along "The object could not be found", with two buttons "Retry" and "Cancel". Pressing "Retry" just repeats the same window, and cancelling does what it says.

Even worse, if I try to rename the file, two things happen:

1) If I simply press Enter (that is, let the filename be the same) a window pops up that says "Source and destination share the same name", with one button saying "Cancel". If I press "Cancel", it only goes back into filename-editing mode, and this keeps REPEATING all the damn time.
2) If I actually try to change the file name, then I get the error described earlier that says "The object could not be found".

This is incredibly annoying since it's locking me out from accessing my icons on the Desktop. Is there something I can do about this? Thanks in advance.

accx

close to the edge said:

Running bare essentials, try out the different ram sticks with memtest just to rule out that. Having it on over night is recommended because you should have it running for several hours.
Memtest is available on UBCD but also comes with your ubuntu disc iirc.
Test them one by one. It's tedious but at least it rules out the RAM.

Wouldn't think it's the PSU since corsair is highly respected, but you never know.

Have your computer been acting up in Ubuntu btw? Could be software related.
Check temps with HWMonitor to see if CPU/GPU is not overheating.

BeeDog said:
Alright, having an issue that's driving me crazy, and I pray some GAF'er

I downloaded an MP3 off SoundCloud the other day, and something went wrong; the file was split up in two files, one 0 byte and the other the size of the MP3. The problem is, one of the files can't be removed or even renamed for some stupid reason.

When I try to rename/delete the file, I get a Windows pop-up saying something along "The object could not be found", with two buttons "Retry" and "Cancel". Pressing "Retry" just repeats the same window, and cancelling does what it says.

Even worse, if I try to rename the file, two things happen:

1) If I simply press Enter (that is, let the filename be the same) a window pops up that says "Source and destination share the same name", with one button saying "Cancel". If I press "Cancel", it only goes back into filename-editing mode, and this keeps REPEATING all the damn time.
2) If I actually try to change the file name, then I get the error described earlier that says "The object could not be found".

This is incredibly annoying since it's locking me out from accessing my icons on the Desktop. Is there something I can do about this? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried removing it in Safe mode (Press F8 after bios)?
You could also try opening up a command prompt (right click, run as admin), kill the shell (open up windows task manager and kill explorer process), and navigate to the folder in the command prompt and use the "del" command. It's tedious though and might not work.
This could also be of use:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

Erasus

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
I have a Intel i7 930 w/ a Coolermaster Hyper212 heatsink with two fans, an Antec 902 case (has 4 fans built in), and the aforementioned GTX570.

Edit: Looks like the operating temperature at full load was around 86 Celsius, so I think everything is alright (especially since I was running Fallout NV, when I checked).

Edit2: I think I spoke too soon. The issue is still there, it just took a little while longer to reproduce.

Dont use speedfan for temps, use hwmonitor or speccy.

Noricart

I'm having a problem playing media files on my computer ever since uninstalling tversity and its media codecs. Now i get this error
err4771.png

Web Help leads to C00D11B1 Microsoft Error Page. I can play everything online (youtube, pandora etc.) and play games with sound, but media on the hard drive refuses to play. I think it might be a codec or registry error.

accx

ImperialInPeril said:
I'm having a problem playing media files on my computer ever since uninstalling tversity and its media codecs. Now i get this error
err4771.png

Web Help leads to C00D11B1 Microsoft Error Page. I can play everything online (youtube, pandora etc.) and play games with sound, but media on the hard drive refuses to play. I think it might be a codec or registry error.

I did a quick search and found this:
http://windows7themes.net/how-to-fix-windows-media-player-c00d11b1.html
You might wanna try solution 3 (installing vista codecs) first before attempting to delete DRM cache (and always backup).
You can try searching on the error code and try out different solutions, if this does not fix it.
Or better yet, change media player to VLC/Media Player Classic ;)

Noricart

accx said:
I did a quick search and found this:
http://windows7themes.net/how-to-fix-windows-media-player-c00d11b1.html
You might wanna try solution 3 (installing vista codecs) first before attempting to delete DRM cache (and always backup).
You can try searching on the error code and try out different solutions, if this does not fix it.
Or better yet, change media player to VLC/Media Player Classic ;)
I tried changing media players, i'll try the linked solution. Edit - Nothing works, media player classic plays with no sound. Going to have to stream things online like the cool kids do. Thanks though.

BeeDog

accx said:
Have you tried removing it in Safe mode (Press F8 after bios)?
You could also try opening up a command prompt (right click, run as admin), kill the shell (open up windows task manager and kill explorer process), and navigate to the folder in the command prompt and use the "del" command. It's tedious though and might not work.
This could also be of use:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

Thanks, will try the Safe Mode way because the other two don't work (seeing as the file doesn't exist according to the OS!).

claviertekky said:
?

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and it came up clean.

Also here are my temp readings from hwmonitor:
NewTempReadings.png

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Okay GAF, had a slip of the mind and ended up at a known keylogger website via someone's reddit comments earlier today.

Nothing was downloaded with my permission, there were no popups, and it appears that the website had been shutdown. Regardless, without a working DVD drive to reformat this PC at the moment, I'm paranoid.

I did a System Restore for starters. I also scanned with Spybot, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Malwarebytes (all full scans). ALL of them came up clean, but I'm still not completely satisfied. I'm wondering if it's possible that the file wasn't detected.

Should I be worried, or am do you guys think I should be alright? I haven't typed in any vital information since then (and I normally don't since I use the Last Pass Firefox addon) so I have no real reason to believe this computer is infected.

accx

Tomat said:
Okay GAF, had a slip of the mind and ended up at a known keylogger website via someone's reddit comments earlier today.

Nothing was downloaded with my permission, there were no popups, and it appears that the website had been shutdown. Regardless, without a working DVD drive to reformat this PC at the moment, I'm paranoid.

I did a System Restore for starters. I also scanned with Spybot, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Malwarebytes (all full scans). ALL of them came up clean, but I'm still not completely satisfied. I'm wondering if it's possible that the file wasn't detected.

Should I be worried, or am do you guys think I should be alright? I haven't typed in any vital information since then (and I normally don't since I use the Last Pass Firefox addon) so I have no real reason to believe this computer is infected.

You should be fine, but one could never know. Try out some of the free web scans (iirc avira and others provide this) as well, for peace of mind.
If you want to reformat you could always try doing a usb installation, but i remember it being quite the hassle with some of the different windows os.

Spybot, MSE and malwarebytes usually detects most of it. Well, can't speak for MSE since i use Nod32 anyway but spybot and malwarebytes is something i've been using for years and know that they're effective.

ImperialInPeril said:
I tried changing media players, i'll try the linked solution. Edit - Nothing works, media player classic plays with no sound. Going to have to stream things online like the cool kids do. Thanks though.

Did you try VLC? It should be working regardless of what codecs are installed.
I assume that it's video files you're playing?
Sounds like something else got really messed up if VLC isn't working as well.
You could always try installing tversity again with it's codecs and see if it fixes the problem. It's not ideal since you don't want it installed but it's better than nothing.

CrankyJay

Banned
Okay PC GAF, help!

I have a wireless gaming headset. Sometimes I like to play with it on when using Team Speak or at night as not to wake my wife, and the rest of the time I like to use my speakers.

Is there a way other than manually changing the default device every time I switch? What I'd like it to do is make my headset the default device ONLY if it's on, otherwise I want the sound to go to my speakers.

edit: nvm, figured it out. I set the headset as the default device, but I had assumed when you hold the power button on the headset that it would default to the speakers. Instead, you need to just unplug the USB cable going into the computer. Then it will switch over automagically.

Been having a problem for the last month or so, my computer detects my dvd rw drive, and when I put a disc in the autorun comes up. But whenever I try to access any disc, windows explorer locks up, and I have to log off and log back on to fix it, as well as removing the cd. Soo what could be the problem?

Priz

Is there anyone in the St. Louis area who can help me help someone with a computer installation issue? PM me for details. We can hopefully get this working and discuss compensation as well.

Thanks in advance.

torontoml

torontoml said:

Nobody has any suggestions for this, its been 3 days now. I have looked at what services are running during safe mode and then disabled any of those that weren't running. Still no luck. This is becoming quite an annoyance. I will also note that it works when I am wired as well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
accx said:
You should be fine, but one could never know. Try out some of the free web scans (iirc avira and others provide this) as well, for peace of mind.
If you want to reformat you could always try doing a usb installation, but i remember it being quite the hassle with some of the different windows os.

Spybot, MSE and malwarebytes usually detects most of it. Well, can't speak for MSE since i use Nod32 anyway but spybot and malwarebytes is something i've been using for years and know that they're effective.

I just did a scan with Avira and it came back clean, so that's good. I'm still not completely satisfied though. Not really sure what to think.

Anyone else have any advice?

Priz

torontoml said:
Nobody has any suggestions for this, its been 3 days now. I have looked at what services are running during safe mode and then disabled any of those that weren't running. Still no luck. This is becoming quite an annoyance. I will also note that it works when I am wired as well.
You installed the latest wireless drivers for your chipset & temporarily shut off encryption on the wireless security settings of the router to see if that fixed it, right?

(if no encryption fixes it, try switching whatever encryption it was previously set to to another... if WPA, try WPA2... or WEP... just to see what is more solid. Also, maybe different channels.)

kehs

Banned
torontoml said:

My first thought is that there's a conflict with IPs within the router.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Krispy said:
Alright IT Gaf. I need help. Are there any ways to transfer music from an iPhone onto a PC?

Once you can see your IPOD, open it up and then depending on your OS, do the following;

XP - Go to control panel, folder options, view hidden files.

Vista/Windows 7 - Press Alt to see the menu bar, go to tools and then folder options - view hidden files.

You'll se IPOD control, open this up and you can copy your music. However these are not named but all details are on the description (you have to type in the names manually this way) so just copy them onto your computer. I believe there's software out there that can do this automatically so just google it, but this is what I usually do if I want a selection of songs from my IPOD :)

I'm looking for a monster of a PC Wi-Fi Router. It has to be able to get the signal across both floors of a house, area to cover is approx. 250m2. Recommend me GAF some military-grade equipment.

ACE 1991

Posted this question in the 2011 new pc thread, forgot this one existed.

So my friend wants to sell me his two (or so) year old gateway gaming PC that he paid $1000 for when purchased for $150. It has an i7 processor and a 4000 series AMD card. However, it somehow crashed and no longer has vista running on it. Additionally, he has had other weird issues with it. Is there a good way to test the hardware integrity of the computer before I decide if I want to buy it?

Wichu

My 2006 MacBook has started making weird noises occasionally. It's happened twice today so far, for no apparent reason - the first time, I was connecting to my wireless network, and the second time I was using Google Chrome.
The noise was a very loud beep, lasting for about half a second. As I said already, the volume was muted at the time, yet the noise seemed like it was on full volume.
Does anyone have any ideas? I'll try restarting meanwhile; hopefully it won't happen again.

Darklord

Banned
I have an incredibly annoying issue. I updated windows the other day(vista 64bit) with it's regular updates. However when it restarted windows wouldn't load up. I had to press reset and it loaded ok. It installed the updates and that was that.

The problem is now my folders keep changing all their settings and it's driving me crazy. It keeps randomly changing all my folder settings, making the window small, putting them into groups or sorted in different ways. I have different settings for lots of folders(eg: movie folder is wide, and on a list view. My computer is on medium view and grouped by type) and I have to go back and refix them over and over again. Sometimes it'll mix them up the instant I close the folder. What the hell is going on?

I have a spreadsheet related tech-issue I need some help with.

In work I use Excel, at home I have OpenOffice. In Excel if I select a cell and drag it down/across then it copies whatever was in that cell in that direction. In OpenOffice Calc it seems when I select and drag it adds +1 to the corresponding cells, so from 7.5, I get 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 etc... Why is this, and how do I stop it?

Cheers Tech Support gaf!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I posted this in the Build a PC thread, but it might be better put here:

I recently (a few months ago) built a new PC. I had the OS installed on a SSD and lately I've been noticing the appdata folder ballooning in size. It's almost filled up the damn drive.

Can I move it somewhere else? And how? Googling has given me mixed answers on this.

besiktas1

Help please, :(

I have a friends HP mini netbook, the XP partition is corrupted, with no cd drive I have no idea how to reboot it with a XP disk. Anyway to do it??

e:
It has windows xp repair, which seems to be a virus. Is this what caused it?

Top Bottom