• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen driver arrested after live-streaming crash that killed her sister.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The amount of idiots I see looking at their phones on the road is fucking staggering. I do it myself at red lights or stopped in traffic but I'm talking about travelling on highways at full speed or going through crowded cities. It's insanity.

jwk94

A friend of mine made Snap chat story while she was driving. I really don't understand people these days.

s_mirage

I don't get it. Why do people need to stream while driving???

Because it's so important that everyone sees, and tells them, how cool they are. The youth's obsession with social media, and the constant need to seek validation and praise, is breeding a generation of narcissists.

Just look at people who pretend to know victims of disasters for retweets. Everything has to be about me, me, me, me, me...

Driving under influence of drugs, multitasking at the wheel, and people not wearing seat belts.

Sounds like a cocktail for a stupid accident. Why do people have to be so stupid sometimes?

I have a friend who's Snapchat story is just 10 videos of her driving while singing or dancing to music. Not as long as this obviously, but still awful. Sometimes the video shows the people in the back of the car, often it's her 2 year old nephew. I've pleaded with her not to do that shit to no avail.

Maybe I'll send her this video...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Dont watch the video.

I'm not and I never will. Why give yourself this kind of misery.
Yup, always sound advice when it comes to footage of this nature. Don't need to see that shit to understand the pain this dumbass already caused herself and her entire family/friends.

I'm not watching that. Fucked up, rip little girl.

I hate all these fucking idiots that go around driving recoding everything they do. Your life isn't that interesting.

Altazor

attention/getting likes.

People, when you drive - you drive. You don't chat on whatsapp/messenger/imessage/whatever, you don't livestream shit, you don't take selfies or shit. You drive. You're supposed to be alert, because while there's a big thing you can actually control (ie your vehicle) there's a shitload of other things outside your control and you need to be alert for when that happens. It's a matter of a second, some times even less.

Don't do stupid shit while driving.

Mechazawa

Jesus christ, there is a close up shot of a completely 100% cracked open head with brain matter spewing out in that video.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Actually minus anything graphic, the "wake up" and the end is pretty disturbing.

The top half of her head looked like it was caved in or torn away. It's bad enough.

Yeah it's low quality but somewhat graphic. The situation and what the girl is saying is much more worse I think. It's like psychologically disturbing.

olag

You are functional and yet you dont try to call 911 or even shout for help,instead you continue to stream while your fucking sibling dies.................

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Also let's use this thread as a reminder to please call out bullshit like this when you see it in real life. Please don't let your friends/loved ones do some idiotic shit like this while driving. Call out and prevent this toxic and dangerous behavior, always!

It's terrible, but I've become pretty numb to the horror stories posted on Gaf. The part of the article where she turned the stream back on to show her sister dying made me audibly say 'what the fuck.' No way am I watching that clip.

Mufc1427

Live streaming while driving under the influence and with two passenger. A recipe for a disaster.

The video is also horrifying.

The Argus

Not watching this. But jeesh, from what I'm reading this girl needs to be locked away and sort herself out.

very graphic video.

distracted driving
DUI
no seatbelts

recipe for disaster.

The three major sins. Not to victim blame, but the poor girl might be alive if she was buckled up. Doesn't take away from how incredibly stupid her sister was.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have no idea why she would start the stream back up and record that shit again...

I don't think people realize how dangerous driving can be. You're operating a fucking vehicle, stop messing around.

compo

Banned
I've successfully avoided graphic stuff on the internet for a long time now. Like 5 years or so. But this video just reset that counter for me. The article just said "bleeding from the head," which is a pretty big understatement, and I didn't expect anyone to record close up pictures of their sister after an injury like that.

This is all pretty sad, though.

Totally preventable. Fuck that girl for driving under the influence and distracting herself from her ability to drive with full alertness. I feel awful for the passengers, and may her sister rest in peace. People can be really fucking stupid.

Tonedeff

This was so dumb and so fucking awful. And I wouldn't livestream my sister dying, but I figure that's because I don't have a deep attachment to it like some of the younger people I see do. Seems she was just shocked, not necessarily monstrous, and reached out, and being under the fucking influnce too no less. Lock her away and let her suffer in guilt for a very long time

I saw this video after watching another linked to whss.

I wasn't ready. Didn't even believe it wasn't a hoax till I saw it in the news.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've successfully avoided graphic stuff on the internet for a long time now. Like 5 years or so. But this video just reset that counter for me. The article just said "bleeding from the head," which is a pretty big understatement, and I didn't expect anyone to record close up pictures of their sister after an injury like that.

This is all pretty sad, though.

Yeah. They should accurately describe what was in that video instead of downplaying it.

A bleeding head, while technically correct, is far different from a face falling off. :(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I know she was in shock and all but reading that part about her livestreaming the immediate aftermath of the crash made my fucking blood boil.

I'm not gonna watch it, I'm not gonna watch it, I'm not gonna watch it. I don't need to see it. My mind doesn't need to see it.

I don't want it replaying in my head while I'm in my bed.

I really really hope that there isn't a defense force for this. Please guys.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
It's unfortunate that somehow so many of the idiots drunk driving or similarly being completely stupid somehow survive the accidents they cause meanwhile innocent victims pay the price. I feel horrible for the parents in this case. One daughter dead because the other daughter was just being completely reckless. I'm not a parent so I can't claim to know what mental gymnastics would be at play here, but I'm fairly sure I would hate the surviving daughter for killing the younger one and of course live streaming it.... seriously, holy hell.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Also let's use this thread as a reminder to please call out bullshit like this when you see it in real life. Please don't let your friends/loved ones do some idiotic shit like this while driving. Call out and prevent this toxic and dangerous behavior, always!
When I worked at a drive-thru, I used to ask people to put their phones away if I see them holding one up and chatting. This is in a province where it is illegal to hold one while driving. Distracted driving is no joke, but unfortunately not everyone treats it seriously.

Ferrio

Banned

Seatbelts too. I'm still surprised at the amount of people who don't put on their seatbelts.

Exile20

I'm not gonna watch it, I'm not gonna watch it, I'm not gonna watch it. I don't need to see it. My mind doesn't need to see it.

I don't want it replaying in my head while I'm in my bed.

I really really hope that there isn't a defense force for this. Please guys.

Defense force for what?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
She KEPT FUCKING STREAMING?! What the godamn actual fuck. Like post-accident, faced with death, and she kept going. That's mental.

I can even, in a way, understand (don't condone obviously) the initial fuck up. People are dumb with their phones while driving. But to continue doing it afterwards is just a whole other level. I'm fucking shocked.

louiedog

Defense force for what?

Using your phone while driving probably. I don't know about GAF but I've seen people on the internet after articles about dumbasses getting in accidents on their phone who act like that person is just not good at driving and they're fine when they do it.

Maxinas

First and biggest mistake. No seatbelts. For fucks sake people. The video was pretty graphic, but i'm unfazed by that shit now, we live in dark times.

Umbooki

Life comes at you real fast. I rolled my eyes at her antics before the crash, but once shit hit the fan, all I could do was shake my head.

What a waste of young lives.

Tonedeff

This is good advice and I call this shit out every time I see it. Just put the fucking phone away people

This is why I don't leave the fucking house..The fact that she's still streaming...Just WOW

And I cannot stand people that try to justify that they don't need to wear their seatbelt because they're riding in the back seat. I had an old childhood friend that ejected from the back side window during a crash, and was hit by a semi truck after lading on a highway lane..Sad situation all around.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame she'll only get 10 years max. She should spend the rest of her life in jail.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
When I worked at a drive-thru, I used to ask people to put their phones away if I see them holding one up and chatting. This is in a province where it is illegal to hold one while driving. Distracted driving is no joke, but unfortunately not everyone treats it seriously.
This is good advice and I call this shit out every time I see it. Just put the fucking phone away people
Thank you for doing your part, seriously. I wish more people were as aware or caring.
Seatbelts too. I'm still surprised at the amount of people who don't put on their seatbelts.
100%! Have one friend who actively avoids wearing one cause it's "uncomfortable" and I don't let him ride in my car and give him shit on a constant basis when driving is involved. It just boggles my mind.
I'm not sure she was.
Ugh, that would be just...I don't even wanna think about this.

Top Bottom