• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen driver arrested after live-streaming crash that killed her sister.

rjinaz

I watched the video. I don 't why, I guess I found it hard to believe anybody could be that callous after killing their Sister. I was wrong, it was worse than I thought. And very graphic.

RIP Jacqueline, sorry you had such a shitty sister in this life.

RMI

Banned
It's at times like this that I wish we didn't have the whole world at our fingertips, because now we get to see every time something senseless and heinous happens.

Just fuck. 14 years old and dead over the dumbest shit.

I don't even know what should be done with people like this. Does jailing this girl solve anything?

rjinaz

Also it looks like she rolled her over, moved her damaged body about, her head, and was smacking her face, where all the head damage was. Just further contributes to her death.

Reeks

Also it looks like she rolled her over, moved her damaged body about, her head, and was smacking her face, where all the head damage was. Just further contributes to her death.

Right? If she had been on the phone with an emergency operator, they would take told her that. Streaming was more important.

Ri'Orius

Clearly she made some very shitty decisions leading up to the crash, but I have a hard time blaming her for her behavior afterwards. Shock does weird things to people.

That said, can we get some officers to browse Instagram and the like to start sending tickets (including points/insurance hikes) out to drivers who stream? There's video evidence ffs.

rjinaz

It's at times like this that I wish we didn't have the whole world at our fingertips, because now we get to see every time something senseless and heinous happens.

Just fuck. 14 years old and dead over the dumbest shit.

I don't even know what should be done with people like this. Does jailing this girl solve anything?

Keeps her off the road. I mean I wish we had a better system other than just let them rot in jail, I wish we could help people become better functioning people. But, I think the roads are safer without this woman on them.

Izayoi

Banned
Sure it does. It prevents her from doing the same thing in the future.

In a just world, she would be behind bars forever.

At the very least, she should never be allowed to operate a motor vehicle ever again. If you kill someone while driving under the influence, you should lose your right to drive permanently.

CLEARLY NSFL VIDEO, don't do this to yourselves. Not worth your quick thrill of seeing the interior of a teenagers skull for psychological scarring.

I watched the video. I don 't why, I guess I found it hard to believe anybody could be that callous after killing their Sister. I was wrong, it was worse than I thought. And very graphic.

RIP Jacqueline, sorry you had such a shitty sister in this life.

Yeah, everything about the video is sickening.

My brother's life was saved thanks to a seat belt. I will always wear my seat belt. I really like the fact that newer vehicles will keep alerting you if seat belts are not buckled.

g11

I don’t f—— care though,” Sanchez continued. “I’m a hold it down. I love you, rest in peace, sweetie. If you don’t survive, baby, I am so f—— sorry. I did not mean to kill you, sweetie. Sweetie, I am f—— sorry. Sweetie, please, wake up!”

Okay, I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt right up until then. Either you are a complete psychopath at that point, or you are the worst kind of attention monster in the world. Lock her up for eternity.

Ovid

Why did I watch that? Jesus fuck.
CLEARLY NSFL VIDEO, don't do this to yourselves. Not worth your quick thrill of seeing the interior of a teenagers skull for psychological scarring.

I didn't watch the video in the OP but I saw it on ABC World News this evening.

They showed it as it happened but pixelated the gory parts. You couldn't make anything out (thank god).

People feel like they don't exist unless someone's watching.

I just don't get it.

Van Bur3n

Welp. I should not have watched that.

Regardless, the dumb bitch deserves as she says. Locked up for life. Killed your damn sister due to your own careless behavior and in her final moments you can't even be respectful to her as you're shaking her goddamn head around like a rag doll while recording the whole damn thing.

I don't care what you're on, remove yourself from society. We don't need you.

Violet_0

Banned
Dont watch the video.

I'm not and I never will. Why give yourself this kind of misery.

there's a subreddit with over a 100,000 subscribers that is nothing but videos of people dying. The comment sections are filled with typical shitty reddit "jokes". The videos are sorted in categories such as beheadings or children. Something for every taste, you see

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Using your phone while driving probably. I don't know about GAF but I've seen people on the internet after articles about dumbasses getting in accidents on their phone who act like that person is just not good at driving and they're fine when they do it.

My brother-in-law who is a fucking cop of all things constantly excuses his shitty and extremely dangerous driving with "I've never been in an accident!" Yeah, and every Russian roulette player is undefeated until they aren't.

I'm sure this is me yelling at clouds but it seems like everybody around where I live who is younger than thirty is dangerously, offensively stupid behind the wheel. I seen more people crossing over double yellow lines to pass the person in front of them for only driving 10 mph over the speed limit.

Ozigizo

I didn't watch the video in the OP but I saw it on ABC World News this evening.

They showed it as it happened but pixelated the gory parts. You couldn't make anything out (thank god).

I don't recommend anyone see it. I dunno why I did, but I regret it now.

RMI

Banned
Keeps her off the road. I mean I wish we had a better system other than just let them rot in jail, I wish we could help people become better functioning people. But, I think the roads are safer without this woman on them.

Yeah I guess what I meant to say was I wish there was a better system. She needs to be put away and never drive again.

funny how the conclusions of so many from this is : wear your seat belt.

Everything about this would be just as shocking if they had worn seat belts but had been injured perhaps fatally perhaps not.

The shocking/sad part is this is everything except the not wearing seat belts.

I cant watch the video cuz that shit gives me anxiety for days but my friend was telling me about this at work. I guess he was actually watching the live feed and I was just like jesus christ man. Fucking infuriating. What a waste of a life. Stupid little attention seeking fucks. Enjoy your prison time. I hope the nightmares haunt her the rest of her life.

Lum1n3s

And her Birthday was just yesterday...

Ok I can't anymore it's just too sad.

What's worse is that here Quincenera was supposed to be celebrated and welp that ain't happening anymore. Saw the video and towards the end I'm pretty sure she starts breaking down, can hear it in her voice. Fucked up video nonetheless and like the OP post says, don't watch it if you click on the article.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
there's a subreddit with over a 100,000 subscribers that is nothing but videos of people dying. The comment sections are filled with typical shitty reddit "jokes". The videos are sorted in categories such as beheadings or children. Something for every taste, you see

Ughhhhhhhhh. I guess it's not surprising.

RMI

Banned
funny how the conclusions of so many from this is : wear your seat belt.

Everything about this would be just as shocking if they had worn seat belts but had been injured perhaps fatally perhaps not.

The shocking/sad part is this is everything except the not wearing seat belts.

Seat belts save lives. It's not the most terrible thing about this incident, and it's not the girl's fault her sister is fucking awful, but she would probably have survived with a seat belt.

rjinaz

What's worse is that here Quincenera was supposed to be celebrated and welp that ain't happening anymore. Saw the video and towards the end I'm pretty sure she starts breaking down, can hear it in her voice. Fucked up video nonetheless and like the OP post says, don't watch it if you click on the article.

How do you not go insane if you are the parents? Daughter kills your other daughter days before a large celebration you no doubt had already planned for her. I just don't know how the mind deals with that without going insane.

RRockman

Banned
That was disgusting. While it wasn't the most horrifying thing I've seen its still pretty up there. Not for the feint of heart.

I don't have any words on the situation though. It's as if it's a condensed version of exactly what is wrong with the current generation.

Watched parts of the video expecting her to be screaming, crying, panicking, or otherwise reacting somewhat how you'd expect someone to react literally less than 30s after a multiple rollover crash.

BUT NOPE!

Not this girl. She just rolls up to her sisters body, still filming, with a "Damn, this sucks but shit happens ya'know," attitude. That's the part that got me that most. I can almost understand someone still clutching their phone after the crash, so shocked by what just transpired that they keep it rolling without thinking as they try to make sense of what happened.

This girl however, is aware. She's present. She seems to fully understand that her sister is dead and she's taken the express lane to acceptance, so much so that she puts the body on film and selfies herself with it. She's acting like she just dented her parents' cars and she's bummed but accepting of it. The dude who crashed my motorcycle 5min after buying it was more rattled than this girl. She's a special kind of cold that is seriously fucked.

I watched this yesterday thinking it was just going to be one of those crash videos where you see the person make the mistake but you don't see the aftermath. I was wrong and I wish I never watched it.

RIP

Dead Guy

God these tragedies are even worse when they are so fucking preventable on multiple levels. Wear your damn seat belts people and stay off the phone

Seat belts save lives. It's not the most terrible thing about this incident, and it's not the girl's fault her sister is fucking awful, but she would probably have survived with a seat belt.

no argument but there are thousands of crashes every day with and without seat belts as well as fairly powerful ads people have shared that explain the benefits.

The whole point (I think) of this topic is live-streaming death, social media use among youth and tech companies wading into it without thinking of the consequences like live streamed assassinations, suicides and murders.

Perhaps some people live in a state where seat belt use is not pervasive? but most people here I suspect live in cities where seat belt use is 99%. Most new cars chime annoyingly and endlessly if you don't use them which helps.

jett

D-Member
Is there no way to read anything from The Washington Post without paying anymore?

on topic: what the fuck

I was anxious for the whole minute of the video before the crash. Nauseating reaction, I don't know if I could have made the youtube vid higher quality but I'm glad it wasn't perfectly clear when
she was grabbing her sister's face.

Top Bottom