• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen driver arrested after live-streaming crash that killed her sister.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Using your phone while driving probably. I don't know about GAF but I've seen people on the internet after articles about dumbasses getting in accidents on their phone who act like that person is just not good at driving and they're fine when they do it.

Just make it illegal. Since 2011, the NTSB has been pushing for the banning of using personal electronic devices while driving. But I guess the pushback against government overreach and "my freedoms" has slowed that down a lot.

smurfx

get some go again
lock this idiot away for as long as the system can. the fact that she live streamed her fucking dying sister and trying to act hard just pissed me off so much.

I seriously doubt that.

Live streaming is just too much at this point. A few days ago a couple of kids were recording a man drowning.
And some people were assuming we thought that just because the kids were of a certain color that means it's okay to demand justice. They weren't happy about that.

One of the most disturbing parts about the video is just how quickly she gets her phone up and running after the wreck, as someone who was in a terrible, multiple flip wreck that sent all of my belongings flying out of the car in multiple directions, I also had two passengers and reobtaining my belongings was the LAST fucking thing on my mind, but this bitch seems like getting the phone back was her top priority. Even if there's a time gap, the fact that she would even LOOK at her phone during such a tragedy speaks volumes.

Whole thing makes my blood boil, she should never operate a vehicle (or a fucking phone for that matter) again.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
lock this idiot away for as long as the system can. the fact that she live streamed her fucking dying sister and trying to act hard just pissed me off so much.

So much this. I can't understand how someone could do that. Your very first instinct after killing your sister is to fucking live stream it!? I just don't...

And some people were assuming we thought that just because the kids were of a certain color that means it's okay to demand justice. They weren't happy about that.

One specific poster whose whole shtick is doing that in every, single, thread. Everyone else was being pretty rational about it.

Hydrus

One of the most disturbing parts about the video is just how quickly she gets her phone up and running after the wreck, as someone who was in a terrible, multiple flip wreck that sent all of my belongings flying out of the car in multiple directions, I also had two passengers and reobtaining my belongings was the LAST fucking thing on my mind, but this bitch seems like getting the phone back was her top priority. Even if there's a time gap, the fact that she would even LOOK at her phone during such a tragedy speaks volumes.

Whole thing makes my blood boil, she should never operate a vehicle (or a fucking phone for that matter) again.

This is what bugs me the most.

milkham

Oh god I watched it. It feels much worse than simply saying she continued streaming when she's still there in selfie mode with her sister's body next to her with a single horrific, injury visible, and .. i fucking don't even know how to describe it, the shit she's saying and doing to her sister's body, if this wasn't real life I'd call it horrible acting.

ZoddGutts

I'll never understand why people don't wear seatbelts. That's one of first things my dad always told me whenever I got in the car, "wear your seatbelt".

Just make it illegal. Since 2011, the NTSB has been pushing for the banning of using personal electronic devices while driving. But I guess the pushback against government overreach and "my freedoms" has slowed that down a lot.

i 100% agree with the push to ban all personal electronic devices while driving.

the fact that there's morons out there doing stuff like this while i'm trying my best NOT to die and NOT to kill people while going about my daily errands... leaves me seriously fucking shook.

Phones should shut off if they detect they are moving more than 5 mph and not turn on until at rest again. Sorry passengers, you get to talk to the driver instead.

Switch Back 9

Look I just don't want people trying to defend something that shouldn't have happened. I'll stop talking about it if that makes things better.

I know, I agree with you. I'm just saying don't get stressed over Faceless' posts. He does that in every thread. Don't let it get to you!

Pesmerga00

The biggest thing that pops out to me is that the two girls in the back weren't wearing seatbelts.

Parents need to drill it into their kids heads more to wear seatbelts. It's so instinctual for me I don't even think a out it. My mom would always make sure everyone was wearing seatbelts before driving. I do the same. The crash not have been preventable, but their lives could have been saved.

My parents drilled it into me as well. It's almost instinctual to give a "everyone buckled" before setting off. It's not hard people. Man, the amount of lives that could be saved with a such a minor action.

Seesaw15

I know streaming in a car is stupid but it happens. Ok I understand. But why don't you get a phone holder or have someone in the passenger seat hold the phone for you.

Rip to the little sister.

I know, I agree with you. I'm just saying don't get stressed over Faceless' posts. He does that in every thread. Don't let it get to you!
Whew...you're right. You're right. I had just thought of my own siblings and what I would have done if that happened while I was driving. So many emotions came in that I just did not want to hear any sort of defense at the moment.

Thank you though. I'm feeling better. Still not watching it though.

I know streaming in a car is stupid but it happens. Ok I understand. But why don't you get a phone holder or have someone in the passenger seat hold the phone for you.

But it shouldn't. There is no "Hold my phone so I can still be distracted" or "Let me mount this so I can split my attention." Put your fucking phone away and PAY ATTENTION. Streaming yourself driving doesn't just "happen." You make a conscious choice to be a selfish asshole.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

It doesn't need to happen. Streaming in a car by the driving should never ever happen in 2017 or 3017 for that matter. It is an utter selfish and idiotic act by the driver. The other passengers can stream all they want but the driver should never ever be live streaming anything.

Maxinas

Still doesn't excuse her from streaming while driving. They explain it in great detail in the DMV driver's handbook, You must keep your eyes on the road at ALL TIMES, and be aware of your surroundings. She not only deserves to be imprisoned for involuntary manslaughter, but if she is ever to be released from prison in the future, have her drivers license revoked for life. It is a privilege to drive, not a right.

Switch Back 9

Being on your phone while driving is 100% illegal where I live. HUGE fines. Is it not the same in 'Murica?

You want to stream while driving get a self facing dashcam.

Idiot kids think they gonna live forever.

That video sucks. Sad. Girl looked like she was in shock. She wasn't right.

Being on your phone while driving is 100% illegal where I live. HUGE fines. Is it not the same in 'Murica?

Illegal in most Provinces in Canada. Still see people doing it. Hell, I was rear ended this past December because of a guy on his phone. All he got was a $450 distracted driving ticket and nothing else. It's not a well enforced law when it is implemented because, as someone pointed out above, people get all pissy about their "freedoms."

But this was the passenger tho

Huh? The driver was the one using her phone to livestream.

Kevtones

Don't start with the 'but it happens' bullshit. You're handling thousands of pounds of metal flying at 50mph so the only thing that fucking matters is your attention.

Reeks

Yah, a typical response to seeing the interior of your sisters skull would be vomiting, not selfie-streaming. OR you, know, calling the police.

Kadin

So I watched the video and can you be more unemotional? She's just sitting there next to her sister saying rest in peace so casually like this is just shit that happens. I don't understand what is going on with people like this. There's dumb... and then there's this.

Watched the video

Wtf. I wish it was fake because I simply find it so out of this world bat shit crazy that she kills her sister and keeps streaming with herself in the frame.wtffffff

I'm so sorry I watched that video. Its worse than I thought it would be.

A warning for anyone who is considering:

it looks like her sister's head is nearly split in two

RIP to the little sister :(

Also, I can't image how the older sister just kept live streaming. Like, why? Holy fuck. just, why???? You killed your sister at least hold her in her last moments.

Top Bottom