• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) | Exclusive Look at What’s to Come in Season 5B

Coach wishes he stayed in rehab. I'm glad he didn't!
lmao at Corey getting reckt in his first fight scene. yaass Mason and Corey we knew this already but yaaay

They're finally touching on
Scott not being a perfect leader.
Nice.

Lack of Malia and Kira which is lame

Man I just hate Theo so much, such a terrible character. He killed his own fucking sister, how are we supposed to find him wanting to work together with Scott to save everyone believable? Okay lol.

Edit: I also expect the Zombie pack to be the Alpha pack 2.0, only the ones with meaningful relationships to the main characters (Hayden, Corey) will get development (Like Aiden and Ethan) But hopefully I'm wrong and we learn lots about Tracy and that other guy from the hospital.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Photo Recap!

a9995f9175d94eaacef04f537490a2ef.jpg

Also Lydia's mother just continues to be the worst at like, everything. She's witnessed so much shit going on with Lydia and she has no idea on what to do.

Remember when she witnessed a student throwing up mysterious black ink and a feather and was all "oh honey" like she just complained she had a stomach ache?

Edit: I also expect the Zombie pack to be the Alpha pack 2.0, only the ones with meaningful relationships to the main characters (Hayden, Corey) will get development (Like Aiden and Ethan) But hopefully I'm wrong and we learn lots about Tracy and that other guy from the hospital.
Tracy is the only one I really care about asides from Hayden and her being a Kanima is way more interesting than the others. But yeah, way too many minor characters, so odds are most of them are going to die.

Also Lydia's mother just continues to be the worst at like, everything. She's witnessed so much shit going on with Lydia and she has no idea on what to do.

Remember when she witnessed a student throwing up mysterious black ink and a feather and was all "oh honey" like she just complained she had a stomach ache?

Tracy is the only one I really care about asides from Hayden and her being a Kanima is way more interesting than the others. But yeah, way too many minor characters, so odds are most of them are going to die.
Yeah, I'm thinking hospital guy isn't gonna last long. He's had, like, one line and no one even cares about him. Yeah it's been one episode but Corey, Hayden, and Tracy all had some sort of story before becoming zombies. Hospital zombie was just a guy that they killed in 2 mins.

I think Lydia's mom knows there's supernatural shit in Beacon Hills.

Monocle

Hell yes, Price and I are totally on the same page regarding Theo, Parrish, and monster hunks in general. He even highlighted the most important parts of the episode, Parrish's shower and Theo appearing in that doorway in all his heavenly glory. I especially related to that part about Theo's trustworthiness. Price trusts him, I trust him, all right thinking people trust him. There's just something about Theo that makes him super easy to trust.

A wonderful and correct recap to kick off the new season.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Two major problems with this episode. Why doesn't Theo have top billing? Obviously people watch the show for him and his pecs. Which brings me to problem number two: why wasn't Theo shirtless when confronting Stiles? I can't think of a reason why he would hide that chest behind useless clothing.

Parrish's glorious thighs made an appearance so I can't be too mad.

Daddy Argent...he gets better with age.

Will continue watching despite these shortcomings.

Two major problems with this episode. Why doesn't Theo have top billing? Obviously people watch the show for him and his pecs. Which brings me to problem number two: why wasn't Theo shirtless when confronting Stiles? I can't think of a reason why he would hide that chest behind useless clothing.

Parrish's glorious thighs made an appearance so I can't be too mad.

Daddy Argent...he gets better with age.

Will continue watching despite these shortcomings.

Ratings say otherwise.

Lies.

Ratings are down more than 25% from season 4 to season 5.

Theo driving away viewers confirmed.
The ratings have been declining for a while, including S4. (Season 3 was the zenith.) The 0.4-0.6 range has been the stabilization point.

It's unlikely that the show will ever be back to it's heyday, ratings wise, but it's enough for MTV to have already renewed it for a 6th season, (which was also due to strong online viewership) and it's still one of the channel's top scripted shows.

Monocle

Theo haters will go to any lengths to deny his obvious appeal. And heroism. And trustworthiness. Throughout history, inspirational figures have always been persecuted by malignant detractors.

Theo's caring nature and captivating torso really came through in that one scene with Stiles where he lovingly reassured him that his dad would be just fine. What a firm and solid friend. I trust him.

Theo haters will go to any lengths to deny his obvious appeal. And heroism. And trustworthiness. Throughout history, inspirational figures have always been persecuted by malignant detractors.

Theo's caring nature and captivating torso really came through in that one scene with Stiles where he lovingly reassured him that his dad would be just fine. What a firm and solid friend. I trust him.
His form in that scene, backlit by the sunlight, was transcendental.

Teen Wolf still gets good ratings for an MTV show, though and it is probably their most popular show. I think anything past a million is good for that channel, and Teen Wolf generally past a million.

I'd argue losing Derek might be a reason for a bigger decrease. I personally didn't care much when it was announced he wasn't returning, but as a character who's been there from the start of the show (as well as the fact he was apart of the most popular pairing which despite never having signs of being canon was admittedly huge) some people might not care to watch with him gone.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm looking forward to more Theo exposition.

He seems much more comfortable on screen without a shirt on.

Hopefully we don't get some bullshit resurrection and she is only playing an ancestor. I'm guessing since Gerard and Chris are in this season we can get exposition time for a family I really don't care about to know the origins of.

This also makes me think of how Kira and Scott had zero reaction to the fact Kira looked identical to her mother.

Also has her actress done anything since leaving the show? I know she left to do other work but I haven't heard of much.

Although it would be really neat if Arden Cho played Kira's mom again since she's almost a thousand years old and she crosses paths with Allison's ancestor.

Everything You Need To Know About
Crystal Reed’s
Return To “Teen Wolf”

Buzzfeed said:
Ever since Allison Argent died heroically at the end of Teen Wolf’s third season, fans have been clamoring for the actor who played her, Crystal Reed, to return.

And finally, the wait is over.

BuzzFeed News can exclusively reveal that Reed will guest star on the Feb. 23 episode of Teen Wolf, titled “The Maid of Gévaudan.” But there’s a twist: She won’t be playing Allison Argent. Instead, she’ll breathe life into the progenitor of the Argent family line, Marie-Jeanne Valet, in the flashback-heavy episode, written by executive producer Jeff Davis.

I'm amazed the exploration and growth of Crystal Reed's career has reduced her to a guest star spot on a show she used to co-star in.

netguy503

I liked how she said in the video "I'm dressed like Belle in....um...........beauty and the Beast"

She didn't even know where Belle is from. Oh dear, that girl I tell you.

Monocle

His form in that scene, backlit by the sunlight, was transcendental.
Hero shots like that are reserved for only the hunkiest of hunks. I have a feeling Theo will be more helpful and trustworthy than ever in this season.

I'm looking forward to more Theo exposition.

He seems much more comfortable on screen without a shirt on.
Perhaps one day he'll feel comfortable enough around his peers to be himself. The magnificent self he revealed to Malia.

Can't wait for hellhound Parish to utterly wreck Theo's crew of misfits.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but we all know Parrish is too much of a gentleman to take things that far so soon. No judgment or anything, but personally I think Theo is more the type to slam and scram. It's fine though, everyone loves a bad boy.

I caught like 15 minutes of The Shannara Chronicles and holy shit do it's effects shit all over Teen Wolf's. It's ridiculous, lol.

Shannara has an actual budget. Teen Wolf survives by scrounging the couches at MTV after a pop star has visited the offices. Jeff Davis should really do a Teen Wolf car wash to raise funds for next season. The whole cast frolicking in next to nothing washing cars for $100 a pop. They'll double their budget in no time!

It's insane how much better it is. And I like the show, goofy as it is. Plus it has Manu.
I tried to get into it but damn... it felt so... typical? The only thing I did like was daddy Manu

damn.
Shannara has an actual budget. Teen Wolf survives by scrounging the couches at MTV after a pop star has visited the offices. Jeff Davis should really do a Teen Wolf car wash to raise funds for next season. The whole cast frolicking in next to nothing washing cars for $100 a pop. They'll double their budget in no time!
I wish they would give them some more budget tbh. The Beast looks so damn cheesy :( everything else is good though.

Monocle

What's this, complaints about cheesy effects? In Teen Wolf? Time for a little refresher on where this show's budget is going.

a0TCcvD.gif

A50bJa3l.jpg

a9Jwowh.gif

QrjiuH8.gif

exQlx4U.gif
sEpnASP.gif

ypv1p2dm.jpg
Gox8Diym.jpg

awjuJUYl.jpg

9UHwyE0.gif
OHdgAN3.gif

vt0POSV.gif
YjPj2NF.gif

c6EpxsP.gif

Those pecs, abs, and jawlines didn't chisel themselves!

EulaCapra

Not gonna lie, I've been stalking Charlie Carver on social media for months to confirm West Hollywood sightings of him making out with guys at the clubs.

And suspicions finally confirmed! Good for him!

Top Bottom