• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

Pluto

I think she is a natural Banshee, (it is part of her family heritage), but the docs might of done something to her that made it so she could cross the mountain ash. (Though she did so without any comment, so maybe Banshees are just different and not really classified the same as other supes.)
It always seemed weird that mountain ash worked on everyone, there should be different rules for different supes so I'm glad they did this and I gope it has nothing to do with the Dread Doctors.

Monocle

I hope this season takes full advantage of the massive potential for creepy flashbacks that the writers have gifted themselves with the revelation that the Dread Doctors can suppress their patients' memories. The cynical part of me worries they'll drop the ball. Then again, Season 3B proved this show can venture in to dark territory and stay there without flinching for as long as the plot requires.

This is such a good opportunity for the cast to show off their dramatic acting chops. I really hope everyone is on their game for the rest of the season. Dylan O'Brien definitely brought it last episode.

I think she is a natural Banshee, (it is part of her family heritage), but the docs might of done something to her that made it so she could cross the mountain ash. (Though she did so without any comment, so maybe Banshees are just different and not really classified the same as other supes.)
Ah, I thought maybe I was forgetting something, and there it is.

I can't fathom where else my attention might have been.

BhqUr0X.gif
qXsKboX.gif

Source

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I just saw a spoilery photoset on Tumblr that made me melt through the floor. When the show gets to that part, you'll know.

I mean you will literally hear my voice resounding through the fabric of space.

Ugh, I needed this.

I think I'll wait for the tear in fabric of space and time. I'll probably cave in by tomorrow.

I'll just pretend it's Theo, his body glistening from sweat (from Parrish's body being engulfed in flames) strapping a shirtless and pantless Parrish down on the Dread Doctor's gurney with questionable "medical" instruments on the table beside them.

Monocle

I think I'll wait for the tear in fabric of space and time. I'll probably cave in by tomorrow.

I'll just pretend it's Theo, his body glistening from sweat (from Parrish's body being engulfed in flames) strapping a shirtless and pantless Parrish down on the Dread Doctor's gurney with questionable "medical" instruments on the table beside them.
I approve of this scenario.

Let's just say you probably won't be disappointed.

Monocle

Just finished this. I can't be the only one who finds Tyler adorable off the show. He's so earnest and stoked about everything. What a fun guy.

Sprayberry is such a goofy kid, lol. I didn't really have a sense of who he is beyond the show until I watched a couple Comic-Con interviews and saw this Wolf Watch episode. Now I'm like "Yep, that's definitely a teenager." It's fun to watch him next to the more seasoned cast members. Look at him in this interview I posted earlier. He is so over the whole meet the press thing.

Cody can't turn off the charm, wow. It's like he's seducing everything he looks upon. Tyler knows what's up.

Ah that scene played at the end of Scream last week. They are really enjoying showing him off lol.
Whoa, I just checked, and that scene is all over the place. MTV.com, Youtube... I guess this explains how that one photoset exists. As tempted as I am to take an early peak, I think I'll wait for the full Theo experience.

I hate Theo but... Cody is so hot...daddy
I'm here to tell you it's OK to root for Theo. Ignore the haters who say ridiculous things like Theo is a bad guy for hanging out with the villains of this season or trying to get Stiles killed or whatever. Just look at Theo and stand in your truth.

Delio

Whoa, I just checked, and that scene is all over the place. MTV.com, Youtube... I guess this explains how that one photoset exists. As tempted as I am to take an early peak, I think I'll wait for the full Theo experience..

You will be in for a treat. That scene was just pure eye candy. Like when he bent over and the cam is right on him. Kinda makes me wonder if Cody is very aware of that.

Tokubetsu

GOD WHY IS STILES STILL LYING THIS IS SO FUCKING STUPID I AM ACTUALLY GETTING MAD THAT HE'S NOT TELLING ANYONE

LITERALLY THE DUMBEST THING THIS SHOW HAS EVER DONE

I think it's pretty clear. Stiles is a psychopath. His mother saw it all those years ago. She saw that blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. Now Stiles has realized it. He is becoming. It's only a matter of time until he has to be put down.

Thankfully Theo will be there to do it.

Good, honest Theo. He continues his streak of being incredibly helpful to everyone. He helped Malia see what a proper workout looks like. He helped ease the chimera's suffering. He's such a good guy, that Theo.

And on a completely unrelated note...

Monocle?

Monocle?

Pls post if you're still alive, Monocle.

I'll be amazed if Theo's workout didn't kill half of the posters in this thread dead.

I don't know how I managed to survive.

Delio

Yeah when I saw Theo's workout last week I died. When he bent over i was just "Please oil him up."

Also yeah I'm REALLY not liking them having this "Stiles wont tell anyone" thing for the remainder of this season. Also is he going to never do anything about the wound on his back or..?

Tokubetsu

I will say, I do like when tv shows play with and push around aspect rations. It's a great way to do flashbacks/alternate reality stuff. But fuck this entire Stiles subplot. Fuck Theo too. He did this, this is all his fault. Hope he gets impaled ASAP.

Stop lying, Stiles! Jesus, if there is one person alright with what you did, it's Malia.

Lol, this burgeoning love story between Baby Wolf and his 6th grade nemesis.

Wozzly

Theo in the gym, shirtless and working that chest...OH LAWD!!! I now know what perfection truly is. Why couldn't it be leg day for Theo working them glutes. GOD I AM THIRSTY AS HELL!

Can Theo get any more perfect? He's a great driving instructor, he can keep a secret, he's always there when being attacked by baddies, and he looks good while doing it! He can be my fashion expert.

Parrish can teach me self defense any day. Please Mr. Parrish disarm me...forcibly.

Theo in the gym, shirtless and working that chest...OH LAWD!!! I now know what perfection truly is. Why couldn't it be leg day for Theo working them glutes. GOD I AM THIRSTY AS HELL!

Can Theo get any more perfect? He's a great driving instructor, he can keep a secret, he's always there when being attacked by baddies, and he looks good while doing it! He can be my fashion expert.

Parrish can teach me self defense any day. Please Mr. Parrish disarm me...forcibly.

Explain Theo's creepy recording of Kira while she's asleep.

This high school biology teacher is seriously the biggest bitch on television.

LOVING the use of wide screen for this horror flashback. Reminds me of the opener of Hannibal this season. Cool scene.

Wozzly

Obviously he was recording her to help with her Japanese. She says she doesn't know any, but I think she just doesn't want to admit she needs help learning the language. Thus enters Theo ready to help. He even translated it for her. How awesome is that?

Keep believing what you want.

Mason is such a useful addition to this group. He's great.

Oh nowwwwww crappy bio teacher is all supportive.

She's probably a Dread Doctor.

Love the competitive sexual tension between Liam and Hayden.

Finally got the truth behind sixth grade.

What, Liam couldn't put it in his mouth and give him a dose?

This Theo workout thing is such bullshit.

Fuck you, Theo, you Adonis douchebag.

Hey, they finally explained why Hayden is working in a shady ass club at 15. And she's a chimera, noooooooooo

Oh, this is nasty. Oh shit, Stiles' mom.

Holy fuck, Theo ripped out that dude's throat.

Hayden was shooting on an empty net. Not sure why she was acting so cocky.

Anyway, another great episode. I love how literally every character is involved this year, no one is sitting on the sidelines.

P.S. Theo and Parrish should have a spin off where they just work out all the time while slowly shedding their clothing.

I'm just going to pretend that they keep lying to each other because it's their Senior year and they're supposed to stick together, so telling your friends you accidentally killed a guy a few nights ago isn't the best way to keep your group of friends together. Neither is telling your girlfriend that the fox spirit is taking over her slowly.

Anyway, you know what I was expecting from Stiles' Mom? I was expecting her to say "It's okay Stiles I always loved you" not "Fuck this kid he's trying to kill me he's the devil"

So

Wow

Monocle

OMFG, clearly this episode was crafted just for me. Where do I start?

How about with Parrish and Lydia's foreplay session? Pardon me, sparring session. I don't know how I got the two confused. So among other things, I learned that Parrish can work a tank top. We all know that clothing and hunks are like oil and water, but this episode made a compelling case that sports outfits can be an exception. Remember that part where Parrish wrapped Lydia in his arms—sorry, those immaculately sculpted instruments of pain and pleasure and law enforcement and great cooking—and she just about melted into him? Yeah, I can empathize with that. Don't mind me bro, just gonna lean my warm bod on your warm bod for a second. Exercise is hard. No, you can keep those hands where they are. We're good here.

Liam also discovered how to fill out a tank top, but we won't talk about that because he is still a hunkling who has yet to emerge from his chrysalis. Good for Liam, he will be well prepared for his debut on the world stage as a full grown hunk. Is it time for Season 6 yet?

Another visit to the bisexual club of danceful hornmaking? Teen Wolf, you spoil me. I appreciated the part where bar hunk shot down tat guy. Let's be honest, on a show with perfect beings like Parrish and that other character I can't think of right now, you've got to put your best abs forward.

Hmm, what else? I guess maybe that's it. I thought there was something else to talk about, but now that we come to it, I can't recall what it might be. Just give me a second to jog my memory.

JaYVs0j.png

Oh yeah! I loved the callback to Scott's asthma issues. The fact that even a True Alpha can have such an ordinary condition makes him much more relatable and sympathetic. The scene where he had an asthma attack in the classroom was a nice chance for his harsh biology teacher to show she has a heart, while giving Liam an opportunity to be a good friend and prove to Hayden that he's not a jerk. Good stuff.

No wait, that wasn't it...

ZuKhJsB.jpg

OK! This episode gave some serious attention to Liam and Hayden's storyline. My favorite scene of theirs was the competition on the lacrosse field. The playful tone brought me back to the very first season of this show. What a great example of wordless character building. And not a single lead character from the early seasons in sight. This is what Price Peterson was talking about several recaps ago when he praised Teen Wolf for letting secondary characters carry full scenes, proving that this show has such a rich world and well developed cast that it can work even without the characters we've known the longest.

I still have the nagging feeling I'm forgetting something. Almost got it. Nearly there...

lmfpKts.gif
4AlvPFz.gif

52U4Z7e.gif
SHBWJnF.gif

Oh, that's right, Theo. ARE YOU FOR REAL WITH THAT BODY AND FACE THOUGH? God damn! Pump my body like one of your barbells you majestic stallion! Take me you golden animal!

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggh!

My pelvis just exploded, but don't worry about it. That's what the tarp under my chair was for. Let's talk about what really matters right now: that peerless piece of man right up there. It's fair to say that every moment of this season has been leading to that pivotal scene, where stars wheeled overhead, time and space turned to liquid, and a new cosmos was born; luminous where ours is dark. And this realm of celestial infinity awoke to itself, and when it peered into our universe it saw many hunks, and perceived in them a pattern it could perfect. And after uncounted eons of labor, that cosmos folded its shimmering spaces, and took on its final shape, smaller yet beautiful. And it deigned at last to enter our world. And it chose a name. And that name was Theo.

At least I think that's how it went.

In my opinion this episode was OK. How about you guys?

Wozzly

Honestly the best part of that Theo scene was Malia basically telling him to back the fuck off by showing him she's stronger than him.

I really like Malia. I wasn't a fan of hers when she first joined the group, but she fits the dynamic really well. She has heart and she ain't messing around when it comes to her pack, which Theo will never be a part of. She ain't falling for his tricks.

I really like Malia. I wasn't a fan of hers when she first joined the group, but she fits the dynamic really well. She has heart and she ain't messing around when it comes to her pack, which Theo will never be a part of. She ain't falling for his tricks.
I like her too, and she's easily the strongest of the back right next to Liam.

Monocle

You will be in for a treat. That scene was just pure eye candy. Like when he bent over and the cam is right on him. Kinda makes me wonder if Cody is very aware of that.
He must have noticed his effect on people before now. But if he somehow missed the obvious, this episode is sure to change that.

His Twitter's gonna need a condom.

GOD WHY IS STILES STILL LYING THIS IS SO FUCKING STUPID I AM ACTUALLY GETTING MAD THAT HE'S NOT TELLING ANYONE

Right? You've got a great dad and a pack of awesome friends who all love you, and you can't even talk talk to them? Bro. Come to your senses.

I think it's pretty clear. Stiles is a psychopath. His mother saw it all those years ago. She saw that blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. Now Stiles has realized it. He is becoming. It's only a matter of time until he has to be put down.

Thankfully Theo will be there to do it.

Good, honest Theo. He continues his streak of being incredibly helpful to everyone. He helped Malia see what a proper workout looks like. He helped ease the chimera's suffering. He's such a good guy, that Theo.

And on a completely unrelated note...

Monocle?

Monocle?

Pls post if you're still alive, Monocle.

I'll be amazed if Theo's workout didn't kill half of the posters in this thread dead.

I don't know how I managed to survive.
Yes hi I'm in the medical facility I installed in my basement back when Jackson was a series regular.

This episode cemented what should have been blindingly obvious: Theo is the true hero of this show. I have nothing else to add except that all of your points seem highly plausible, and if they're not official canon already then frankly the writers have lost their touch.

Yeah when I saw Theo's workout last week I died. When he bent over i was just "Please oil him up."
I just finished burning that scene to a disk made of diamond. If civilization crumbles within the next 6000 years, at least our greatest achievement will be preserved.

Also yeah I'm REALLY not liking them having this "Stiles wont tell anyone" thing for the remainder of this season. Also is he going to never do anything about the wound on his back or..?
Nah, gotta let the wound fester for a few months while all your friends worry about your erratic behavior and your girlfriend keeps wondering why you're always lying to her.

I will say, I do like when tv shows play with and push around aspect rations. It's a great way to do flashbacks/alternate reality stuff. But fuck this entire Stiles subplot.
I loved that aspect ratio thing. Very well done. Reminded me of Hannibal, like NotTheGuyYouKill mentioned.

Fuck Theo too. He did this, this is all his fault. Hope he gets impaled ASAP. Theo is a true friend. It would be cool to see Theo in a sauna with a beautiful tropical lizard perched on his meaty deltoid. All of the creatures of land and sea love Theo.
You made one heck of a typo there. It's OK though, I fixed your post for you.

I want Parrish and Theo to take turns pinning me to the wall and the ground. Any surface really. The important thing in this scenario is that I'm being manhandled by hunks.

Honestly the best part of that Theo scene was Malia basically telling him to back the fuck off by showing him she's stronger than him.
I really like Malia. I wasn't a fan of hers when she first joined the group, but she fits the dynamic really well.
Yeah, Malia fits the group dynamic really well. I wasn't 100% sold on her character in the previous season, but she's found her place now.

She has heart and she ain't messing around when it comes to her pack, which Theo will never be a part of. She ain't falling for his tricks.

Theo already has a pack. It's under his shirt. You'd remember this if you'd been paying attention.

Side note, Scott saying he "can't trust" Kira now pissed me off, considering she's done literally nothing wrong. (And he's the one lying in the relationship!)

Obviously when she almost diced that dude up, she was possessed by something. He knows this. It was a stupid thing to say.

Monocle

Side note, Scott saying he "can't trust" Kira now pissed me off, considering she's done literally nothing wrong. (And he's the one lying in the relationship!)

Obviously when she almost diced that dude up, she was possessed by something. He knows this. It was a stupid thing to say.
Yeah, he should have been worried about her rather than suspicious. There's a lot of out-of-character business going on this season. I hope it passes soon.

Yeah it's a dumb thing to say... But she does eventually end up (spoilers)
stabbing him
lol

Yeah, he should have been worried about her rather than suspicious. There's a lot of out-of-character business going on this season. I hope it passes soon.
I understand that the theme of this season is mistrust and trying to pull the pack apart, but it was really out of character for Scott to say that.

The first time I think I've ever been actually mad at him.

Delio

I'm noticing that and it's really bothering me. Almost like they are doing that just for the sake of the pack breaking apart. This is even WORSE when just a little while ago they had to deal with posessed Stiles and tried their hardest to help him. Scott saying that is super out of character. I'm going to just assume he said it to throw Theo off :)

Yeah, the whole pack separating thing is just forcing the characters to act out of character... But I like this season because of all the side characters and the things we're learning about the main characters. Hayden, Brett, Liam, and especially Mason are really great characters that I hope we get to see more of. Mason is like a little Stiles with the sarcasm replaced by enthusiasm and I think that's great.

Monocle

The theme of the pack breaking down is forced for sure. I'm still enjoying this season way more than S4 so far. The newer cast members are working for me, and then of course there's the hunks...

Kin5290

This whole "keeping secrets for forced drama" thing is pretty annoying.

Scott is being insanely dumb for cutting out Kira like that. You think she has a problem with her fox spirit, why wouldn't you tell her and/or talk to her mom? You know, the centuries old kitsune who also happens to be pretty cool?

Malia remains the best. Love how she wasn't taking any of Theo's shit as well as how she held off the Doctor.

Monocle

Oh my. Dear lord.

As the only straight man in this here thread... Yay for Holland Roden's sports bra and yoga pants.
Oh yeah, I noticed that for the two seconds Parrish still had his hoodie/jacket/whatever on. Holland's looking good.

Monocle

Hey, Price's recap is up! It's very Theo.

Once again Price reminds us that Scott and Liam's father/son relationship is the most touching thing in the history of television.

Also: Theo.

i-Jest

Easy now. Teens don't always make the best choices, even if it comes to psychological health.

This high school biology teacher is seriously the biggest bitch on television.

LOVING the use of wide screen for this horror flashback. Reminds me of the opener of Hannibal this season. Cool scene.

To me Theo shows faint signs of having a duplicitous nature that could rival Peter's if nurtured correctly. Don't know how I feel about that right now. I do miss Peter though.

Shame Hannibal was cancelled. It is my baseless hope that Netflix picks it up for a 4th season (GAWD I hope).

Top Bottom