• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7: Story mode subplots, new stage and kid Kazuya

Pachimari

As we know by now, Lee Chaolan were finally confirmed during Gamescom but wait, there's more. Thanks to Flying Wonkey, we now know, that the story mode of Tekken 7 will be pretty substantial.

In fact, story mode will include hours of gameplay, and retell older stories from the Tekken lore. In fact, you'll get a Kazuya Mishima while he were a kid, a young Heihachi, and not only that, but also special costumes for this mode.

It turns out newcomer Claudio Serafino is an exorcist and he and his group holds the key to defeating the devil gene. With that said, the story mode will let you unlock subplots for characters who aren't part of the Mishima family, like Claudio.

A new stage were also revealed.

osaeA4j.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
ALso, i want to see some Xiao story specific costumes. Come on Harada, don't fail me now

Village

I like how he has that dumb hairstyle even as a kid.

Why did you expect any different
Have you seen his father's hair

everyone's hair in their family makes them look like a demon or an anime protagonist, kazuya looked like both and thus heihachi had to throw him off the cliff. The truest lore.

Shit, if they're doing Kid Kazuya just put in Kids Akira and Kids Sarah too. SEGA obviously lets anyone use that shit nowadays.

Kain

I just want a cutscene with kid Lee and kid Paul making fun of kid Kazuya and Heihachi aproving

Harada pls

Village

Don't question it - this is how they learn

Yep , now sit back as a try and shoot my grandson with a gun in the back of the head

heihachi isn't the best person

Sounds dope. Can't wait to throw that kid off a cliff.

They said there are branching paths.

Yo what if you beat heihachi and you throw him off the cliff, and there is a whole alt tekken 1 storyline of child kazuya being the leader of the zaibatsu

I'm excited for the subplots more than the actual story lmao.

Hopefully some of them revolve around the actual tournament (... there's still a tournament right?) instead being completely irrelevant like that Xiaoyu centric Tekken movie and the weird ass Tekken 6 scenario campaign.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm excited for the subplots more than the actual story lmao.

Hopefully some of them revolve around the actual tournament (... there's still a tournament right?) instead being completely irrelevant like that Xiaoyu centric Tekken movie and the weird ass Tekken 6 scenario campaign.

There is no longer a tournament. The zaibatsu was just an excuse to lure in the devil gene owners in the last few games.

There is no longer a tournament. The zaibatsu was just an excuse to lure in the devil gene owners in the last few games.

4 and 5 were definitely tournaments. 6 wasn't, though.

I wonder how the subplots and retellings are gonna go. There's a bunch of new characters, so how in the hell are the old match ups gonna work?

Playsage

All this new stuff for Story Mode makes me wonder if we will ever see some "classic" look for the veterans...
Like a Tekken 2 Paul model!
I'd pay for that

cordy

Banned
Namco learning from their competitors' mistakes. This is how you do a Story Mode. Also, everything I've wished T7 would have ("Flashback Mode" that you play previous Tekken history, Story Mode costumes, younger versions of characters, additional Story plots etc) has actually come true.

Thank you Based Namco.

Village

I wonder where Heihachi got the idea from. Jinpachi seemed like a nice guy.

He' a sociopath.

I want my dads shit, let me bury him under my house

My son is scaring me and my wife is dead throw him off a cliff

My grandson is scaring me, let me shoot him in the back of the head

These things possibly effecting others, why should i care. I'm heihachi mishima

cordy

Banned
Look forward to playing T1-T2 era Kazuya and beat the hell out of T1-T2 Heihachi. Hell, I'd love if we got a T2 era Paul Phoenix. Man, just bring it all back!

thelastword

Banned
Kid Kazuya has the mature face of grown Kazuya, just a shrunken body. I can understand they wanted to draw up similarities, but this just looks like a typical shrink mod. Kid kazuya's eyes, they've definitely have seen some stuff....

mao2

I dunno, I think kid Kazuya is kinda cute. Also looking forward to the story mode. Please don't suck like the one in Soulcalibur V.

Hyun Sai

He' a sociopath.

I want my dads shit, let me bury him under my house

My son is scaring me and my wife is dead throw him off a cliff

My grandson is scaring me, let me shoot him in the back of the head

These things possibly effecting others, why should i care. I'm heihachi mishima

Hmm, I thought it was Kazuya who threw him off a cliff first ?

I've never really been a big fan of Tekken (much prefer VF), but the stories always appealed to me, so really glad they're going all in for T7.

Hmm, I thought it was Kazuya who threw him off a cliff first ?

Heihachi throws Kazuya off a cliff when he's like 5-10 years old. He survives because he makes a pact with the Devil -- the Devil gene in him awakes.

Then you know the rest -- Kazuya throws Heihachi off a cliff in Tekken.

Top Bottom