• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7: Story mode subplots, new stage and kid Kazuya

Neoxon

I dont know why you think kaz is going to die
You strait nuts
If I recall the E3 trailer correctly, it was implied that either Kazuya or Heihachi will bite it at the end of Tekken 7 story, unless that was all just a ruse for the sake of marketing. My point is that if one of them is gonna die, it's most likely gonna be Kazuya on account of how iconic Heihachi is (hell, he almost ended up being the Bandai Namco representative of Smash 4). While one could argue that Heichachi could die so the role could be retired in honor of his late VA, they already went out of their way to recast Heihachi.

Neoxon

Man Kazuya already died once after Tekken 2, the shock value is gone
You actually have a good point.

Yeah I can't see Kazuya dying, he needs to grow old. If anyone's killing him then let it be Jin in a future game. Heihachi's been around all these years and with his original va passing go ahead and kill his character.

What you do for T8 is make a new Mishima who's Jin's son or something, I don't know, anyway let him use Heihachi's fighting style to continue the legacy.
Jin abandoned the Mishima martial art as of Tekken 4 onwards in favor of traditional karate. I doubt that he'd pass on the Mishima style to his kid.

Village

If I recall the E3 trailer correctly, it was implied that either Kazuya or Heihachi will bite it at the end of Tekken 7 story,
unless that was all just a ruse for the sake of marketing
. My point is that if one of them is gonna die, it's most likely gonna be Kazuya on account of how iconic Heihachi is (hell, he almost ended up being the Bandai Namco representative of Smash 4). While one could argue that Heichachi could die so the role could be retired in honor of his late VA, they already went out of their way to recast Heihachi.

1 its problably the bolded

2 tekken is a series that will just remove characters, so I don't really think Iconcism really means anything, at the end of the day, in his game he's a giant sack of shit and him dying is cathartic for many. Particuarly considering they will just include dead characters in tag games.
Along with that, this series has been using Jin as its poster boy for a while, so him going just allows them to switch back to jin, or even someone else, which they have been trying to do since 6. Heck the reason heihachi is so big in this one is because of akuma, not heihachi himself. So yeah, him dying would actually have... shock value.

cordy

Banned
Its not even about him growing old.

Tekken ain't the most.... narratively sophisticated game seires out there, but even still... kazuya dying does nothing for no one. Jin or Heihachi, particularly the latter does more for way more people on the roster. Out side of Lee or Paul even kazuya's death doesn't really do anything for his own son.

Tekken 6 makes fun of this, but except jinpachi, kazuya all in all is the least offending offender out of all mishima's. Lee's beef with kazuya doesn't even make sense by fighting game standards. And i doubt paul even cares anymore.

Heihachi dying is like some ending where it starts kinda shit, like its a narrative complete circle, it would actually be like an interesting thing. Kazuya dying makes no sense and does nothing for no one.

Yeah I agree with you. Heihachi dying would be the biggest game changer this series could have at the moment.
Jin abandoned the Mishima martial art as of Tekken 4 onwards in favor of traditional karate. I doubt that he'd pass on the Mishima style to his kid.

He wouldn't have to teach him. The kid could learn in secret or let it be a Mishima family member from the other side of the family. Just a way to continue the fighting style's legacy.

Perhaps a Jinpachi cameo?

kazuyaending1.jpg

Best mustache ever ???

Pachimari

They already played that card. Heihachi were dead during Tekken 5 to the shock of everybody, only for him to return anyway. It would have no shock value if Heihachi dies, because he's just gonna turn up again anyway. Nobody will die.

More like Beerus watching Goku & Vegeta fight. Heihachi & Kazuya are definitely capable fighters. But as you said, Jin can own both for free. Jin's probably gonna sit back & enjoy the fireworks.

I guess he's done fighting them directly since he slaughtered them in 4. But fair enough on them being decent fighters lol. Jin is just too much of a gary stu.

They already played that card. Heihachi were dead during Tekken 5 to the shock of everybody, only for him to return anyway. It would have no shock value if Heihachi dies, because he's just gonna turn up again anyway. Nobody will die.

Well, his death wasn't really confirmed that time. It was just Raven saying "Hei is dead", but if they go the route of "Hei is dead but here's an actual onscreen non-Disney villain death", it'd work.

Or they could flip it completely and have Kaz die and Hei get the devil gene, turning him young again. That would actually make him a viable threat.

Orrrr just have them both die and then have Hei wake up with the DG inside him with some Quincy fuckery. Either way, it's gonna be interesting as fuck to see how they do this.

Top Bottom