• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 |OT| Don’t H8 When Fist Meets Fate

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
When, where, and how? Am I even qualified as a PC wifi warrior?

yes you are qualified. T8 has crossplay so platforms shouldn’t matter.

We can put it together here and get on discord. I’ll make it interesting and give Neogaf gold to the winner. I could stream it too.

Whoever wants in either reply on here or shoot me a dm and Ill start the bracket.

Last edited:
yes you are qualified. T8 has crossplay so platforms shouldn’t matter.

We can put it together here and get on discord. I’ll make it interesting and give Neogaf gold to the winner. I could stream it too.

Whoever wants in either reply on here or shoot me a dm and Ill start the bracket.
If it's saturday, I'm in.

Neff

I only barely managed to make it to Tekken King and gawd dammit, the amount of Alisa, Drag and Victor spammers in the high ranks is ridiculous.

It never ends. On the plus side, many players who adopt easy/confusing characters often turn out to be severely carried, and will fold the second you start accurately blocking/punishing them.

It's actually shocking how many dogshit players can be found in all ranks, it's kind of meaningless.

I even met a Bushin player played special style with 7 win streaks lmao. His name is SpecialStyle_Man lmao.
Tekken now is just a "spamming + frames to win" game.

Mr.Phoenix

I even met a Bushin player played special style with 7 win streaks lmao. His name is SpecialStyle_Man lmao.
Tekken now is just a "spamming + frames to win" game.
Disheartenly, I would have to agree. What is even worse is that most of those plus frames moves do chip damage too. You can literally be blocking everything for like 20 seconds and still end up with 90% of your life gone.

I don't know what they were thinking, but they have completely killed the defensive side of the game.

SkylineRKR

I dropped this game months ago. I think its trash honestly.

The movement feels good, but its the rest, the offensive options, the heat specials (you now have to turtle 2 win buttons), the heat engagers, the chip damage, Rage Art, monetization I don't like. It obviously heavily favors fast characters. And there was so many + frames that blocking essentially gets you killed. On top of the bad netcode (about 40% of my matches were shit) which makes matters even worse.

You could argue that the game doesn't have an arcade version and thus is in very early state still, but its the core mechanics I don't like. And why did they give characters like Jin these weird and hard to read cartwheels and flips. Its out of character, and for me makes him less fun to use and to play against. As if Lars wasn't enough. But its not only Jin.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I picked up Tekken 8 again after a 2 and a half month break.

The new mechanics don't seem as annoying as before, but I still believe they need to be nerfed.

Dragonuv is still a brain-dead character even after all the nerfs.

I ranked up high with two of main characters and I don't really feel motivated to jump back in until Lucky Chloe makes a comeback.

NT80

It never ends. On the plus side, many players who adopt easy/confusing characters often turn out to be severely carried, and will fold the second you start accurately blocking/punishing them.

It's actually shocking how many dogshit players can be found in all ranks, it's kind of meaningless.
I've even seen a couple of players who have God of Destruction the highest rank who were terrible. One of those had the highest prowess I've played against and he didn't rematch me after I beat him.
I hate the way fighting games in general are trying to make things scrubbier and scrubbier to help new players win. Combos go on way too long now as well with all the silly cut scenes and slow down they've added in.

Tekken is doing a collaboration with Chipotle. :ROFLMAO:

Apparently, they have some junk you can unlock in the Lounge by fighting the King avatar in the next update. There is even a code for when you order an entree at the restaurant so you get 500 of those coins...

FEQj2ke.jpeg

Dragunovs Gangbang...

Azucena and Reina were nerfed that badly.
No Azu no Reina in the top 24..............but we got a Kuma?
1 kuma is Rangchu. He refused to play other characters (except Julia)
To be fair Reina was never a top tier character. She is strong but not at same level with Dragunov/Alisa/Feng/Jin.

NT80

It's surprising how there's more Dragunov success now than before all the nerfs. He got nerfed a lot since release, maybe more than anyone else.

1 kuma is Rangchu. He refused to play other characters (except Julia)
To be fair Reina was never a top tier character. She is strong but not at same level with Dragunov/Alisa/Feng/Jin.
My personal take is Lili and Alisa need nerfing. They have too many safe mixup strings and huge juggle damage. Dragunov is fine as is. People are sleeping on Jack-8.

P.S. Shaheen being so common at EVO is a conundrum.

Last edited:
My personal take is Lili and Alisa need nerfing. They have too many safe mixup strings and huge juggle damage. Dragunov is fine as is. People are sleeping on Jack-8.

P.S. Shaheen being so common at EVO is a conundrum.
Alisa , Feng, Jin , Dragunov, Lili,... Too many characters need to nerf...

I think Tekken should nerf chip dmg, Heat Smash and every +5,6,7 frame moves.

Chip dmg should only available when in heat, or even better just get rid of it. They should allow player use parry against RA + Heat Smash like Tekken 7.

And get rid of low high jail safe string. Alisa d3 1+2 ( 0 on block ) and Nina ss 4 2 (-7 on block).

Chip dmg should only available when in heat, or even better just get rid of it. They should allow player use parry against RA + Heat Smash like Tekken 7.

And get rid of low high jail safe string. Alisa d3 1+2 ( 0 on block ) and Nina ss 4 2 (-7 on block).
I would love more consistent chip damage as sometimes it is non-existent and other times it is almost like a clean jab. No opinion on parry. Alisa's string is BS but Nina's has reasonable risk.

NT80

I want the heat engagers nerfed. + a million into whatever you want and on top of that you can buffer any command during the run in so that it comes out seamlessly. Too many of the moves that heat engage are too good and the inescapable mixups after are too strong for some characters especially with the heat power.

I want the heat engagers nerfed. + a million into whatever you want and on top of that you can buffer any command during the run in so that it comes out seamlessly. Too many of the moves that heat engage are too good and the inescapable mixups after are too strong for some characters especially with the heat power.
That would pretty much destroy one of the main mechanics that differentiates Tekken 8 from the others. Rage Arts getting cut on the other hand...
106.jpg

Last edited:

Lili's fine now. She got nerfed last patch removing what made her top tier, and even Arslan said she wasn't even top 15 now, but still good. The rest, yeah, them and Nina need the same level of toning down. Nina and Alisa should have had priority over Reina last patch tbh.

NT80

That would pretty much destroy one of the main mechanics that differentiates Tekken 8 from the others. Rage Arts getting cut on the other hand...
106.jpg
No it's just an overpowered dumb 50/50 situation. Tekken has them in other situations like after wall crush and after landing certain moves. This is an even worse situation and you can buffer even slow and complicated moves to come out as unavoidable frame traps during the run in.

SSfox

I wouldn't have mind Marduk since he's my favorite big body man in FGs but I'm glad it's not him in this case cause I don't like to be spoiled (if you seen the leaks you know what I mean). So Heihachi was awesome and insane unexpected surprise. It made want to go back to Tekken 7 and pay him bit

No it's just an overpowered dumb 50/50 situation. Tekken has them in other situations like after wall crush and after landing certain moves. This is an even worse situation and you can buffer even slow and complicated moves to come out as unavoidable frame traps during the run in.
So you get to utilize moves and tactics that are usually off the table... How is that a negative? It is not like you have any less chance of a reset than you would after a juggle punish.

NT80

So you get to utilize moves and tactics that are usually off the table... How is that a negative? It is not like you have any less chance of a reset than you would after a juggle punish.
They have almost infinite + frames and can buffer any input whereby the execution of the attack and the speed/tracking are pretty much irrelevant. All defensive options except guess are taken off the table. It's really dumb situation especially against characters with safe mid launchers. Too many of the heat engaging moves that set this situation up are too good too.

They have almost infinite + frames and can buffer any input whereby the execution of the attack and the speed/tracking are pretty much irrelevant. All defensive options except guess are taken off the table. It's really dumb situation especially against characters with safe mid launchers. Too many of the heat engaging moves that set this situation up are too good too.
I personally would not care if the engagers did zero damage (it might even be better as there would be less scaling), but removing the effect would ruin the gameplay design. Block, low parry, throw, and throw break are good enough defensive options.

Last edited:

NT80

I personally would not care if the engagers did zero damage (it might even be better as there would be less scaling), but removing the effect would ruin the gameplay design. Block, low parry, throw, and throw break are good enough defensive options.
I didn't mean remove them just adjust them or the moves that lead into that state. It's too oppressive and that sort of thing is what they've have already been adjusting as the game as gone on since launch.

I didn't mean remove them just adjust them or the moves that lead into that state. It's too oppressive and that sort of thing is what they've have already been adjusting as the game as gone on since launch.
I still think that lows and airborne status exemptions save it from being overpowered but I understand where you are coming from.

Do we know what time Lidia is releasing for the early access?
Somewhere between sunset today and tomorrow depending on region. Update just started for me!

Apparently there is even a free Story Mode chapter in the news updates on Steam. Not sure if it is dropping with this update but the beach stage is.

Last edited:
Did they also patch the bullshit, that throws break attacks? The age old rock paper scissor system (attack > breaks throw > breaks block > breaks attack) is completely fucked in this game. Sitting right under blue for an eternity and it really is now my dare to not get angry game. Feel like a 14 year old again, the way this shit is frustrating me.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The new beach stages music is fantastic. Really awesome vibe.

Is there a way to pick the moonlight version of it for training. It’s just gorgeous looking.

Edit nvm its in the options for reset environment in practice. Amazing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom