• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 |OT| Don’t H8 When Fist Meets Fate

NT80

Did they also patch the bullshit, that throws break attacks? The age old rock paper scissor system (attack > breaks throw > breaks block > breaks attack) is completely fucked in this game. Sitting right under blue for an eternity and it really is now my dare to not get angry game. Feel like a 14 year old again, the way this shit is frustrating me.
It was like that before it's just that now there's a counter hit property to throws beating attacks that make them much harder to break if they beat an attack. They could still beat attacks before though depending on the type of attack and speed. In Soul Calibur is pretty similar. In Virtua Fighter attacks always beat throws but throws are much harder to break.

Last edited:
It was like that before it's just that now there's a counter hit property to throws beating attacks that make them much harder to break if they beat an attack. They could still beat attacks before though depending on the type of attack and speed. In Soul Calibur is pretty similar. In Virtua Fighter attacks always beat throws but throws are much harder to break.
Nah, IF, then the timeframe in which they could break attacks is a lot longer than before. I could not recall once this happened in T7, in T8 it's every other fight.

SSfox

E6ChpNu.png

Lidia is ripped af

Reddit and their fake posts as usual

NT80

Nah, IF, then the timeframe in which they could break attacks is a lot longer than before. I could not recall once this happened in T7, in T8 it's every other fight.
Not sure what you mean. Throws can still beat attacks in T7 if they come out faster and the attack isn't aerial or one that goes under highs. With enough frame advantage however even those could lose to throws. The throw break window didn't change in this situation in T7 where the throw counters the attack. In T8 if that happens the throw becomes much harder to break.

Throws in general in T7 were made much easier to break than ever before in the series and that's why I guess they made this change in T8.

Looks like you can earn 100 Tekken Coins just by playing online as it's a reward for LV 10 of this free fighting pass season. Is that new? I only played a handful of quick matches and I am already on LV 4.

Last edited:
Looks like you can earn 100 Tekken Coins just by playing online as it's a reward for LV 10 of this free fighting pass season. Is that new? I only played a handful of quick matches and I am already on LV 4.
Yeah that's new.
They also give back 600 coins if you buy battlepass which cost 600 coins lol. Too bad battlepass the items are ugly af.

Lidia is quite weird to play. First time play her.
I quit tekken 7 in season 3.
The qcf qcf 22 bff 1+2 combo ender is whack. Can't get used to it.

Not sure what you mean. Throws can still beat attacks in T7 if they come out faster and the attack isn't aerial or one that goes under highs. With enough frame advantage however even those could lose to throws. The throw break window didn't change in this situation in T7 where the throw counters the attack. In T8 if that happens the throw becomes much harder to break.

Throws in general in T7 were made much easier to break than ever before in the series and that's why I guess they made this change in T8.
I think, there was a misunderstanding between us, I don't complain about the chance to break the throw, but about the chance a throw pushes through a punch or a kick attack and connects. Maybe it is a pretty individual problem, because I main Paul and the wind up for EVERYTHING he does is like doubled or something, so throws may have a much larger time window to land on him than before... It's so sad what they did to my boy...

Klosshufvud

After a break I came back to also level up the new fighter pass. And Yo we made it to Tekken King with the Ninja

xPezbTh.jpeg
Nice work. I actually just now picked up Nina as my tertiary character, despite me swearing multiple times I'd drop this game. She's plenty fun (and eye candy af). The latest patches also made customization better so it's more fun to mess around with. Also something I recommend everyone doing is turn off or massively reduce character voices. They become extremely tiresome after a while and disrupt focus.

Last edited:

SSfox

Nice work. I actually just now picked up Nina as my tertiary character, despite me swearing multiple times I'd drop this game. She's plenty fun (and eye candy af). The latest patches also made customization better so it's more fun to mess around with. Also something I recommend everyone doing is turn off or massively reduce character voices. They become extremely tiresome after a while and disrupt focus.

Nina is super fun in T8, she hadn't been this fun since T5 imo, she's my second used character in T8 after Raven. And yeah i remember day i had to adjust few audio things but it can also depend on you audio set up i think.

Klosshufvud

Nina is super fun in T8, she hadn't been this fun since T5 imo, she's my second used character in T8 after Raven. And yeah i remember day i had to adjust few audio things but it can also depend on you audio set up i think.
I enjoy the fact that she's strong on offense and defense alike. Like she can parry or power crush heat engage her way out of pressure which shifts momentum back. This is also why I learned Asuka recently. Having those defensive options make the game a billion times more fun. Otherwise you just end up getting mashed on to death.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I was shitting on the Heat mechanics during the first month of Tekken, but I adjusted to it. It's easier to defend when you know exactly what's coming and what character heat engages are. It also helps that you try to remember to get your missing health back with rage arts and your own heat engager.

I'm hoping they bring back Lucky Chloe because I don't have the time to learn a completely new character because most of my mains from Tekken 7 are gone.

Klosshufvud

I was shitting on the Heat mechanics during the first month of Tekken, but I adjusted to it. It's easier to defend when you know exactly what's coming and what character heat engages are. It also helps that you try to remember to get your missing health back with rage arts and your own heat engager.

I'm hoping they bring back Lucky Chloe because I don't have the time to learn a completely new character because most of my mains from Tekken 7 are gone.
I don't mind heat engagers or heat bursts (post nerfs) or even heat extenders. I do think that heat smashes need to have their tracking toned down since they're so plus on block anyways and deal huge amount AND break floors AND have crazy good chip damage which also recovers your own health. And even if you manage to sidestep, their forward momentum pushes them so far ahead you don't get a punish anyways. So many situations where I mash that sidestep knowing a heat smash is coming but they catch me anyways.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't mind heat engagers or heat bursts (post nerfs) or even heat extenders. I do think that heat smashes need to have their tracking toned down since they're so plus on block anyways and deal huge amount AND break floors AND have crazy good chip damage which also recovers your own health. And even if you manage to sidestep, their forward momentum pushes them so far ahead you don't get a punish anyways. So many situations where I mash that sidestep knowing a heat smash is coming but they catch me anyways.
Yeah, a lot of work still needs to be done when it comes to balancing. I also think some characters shouldn't have the ability to wall splat after their Heat Smash.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Whew... that feeling when you win the first matchup, they win the second matchup, you both instantly hit rematch for a 3rd matchup and then it comes down to the wire and you win. :messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:
Top Bottom