• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

DEATH™

I don't play to memorize what combos to use against an opponent's whiff. I have an appreciation for all that goes into the look, feel, sound and flavor of Tekken. But that is wiped. I have no mode to rekindle my old school attachment to the series. Ghost battle is one thing, in the staple SP mode of the series...? Ugh.

I got you there, I was like that before... until I played a good wang in a mall arcade...

It opened up a game where there's people around you with a sense of community and a "culture" of wanting to always improve. Where everyone around you is so good that you want to be at least on their level. Then as you learn the game, you learn the system, and actually get a thrilling win, all those things make the customization part measly. Seriously, it's a great joy.

Seriously, if you're gonna quit playing TTT2 just because of measly customization option, then you're like refusing a signature quality-made steak because there's no asparagus on the side.
I'm not trying to make you like a competitive player, but please try to enjoy the game.

Sayah

Haha. If Snoop's stage is always first, that'd be the best because the first match's AI can be easily/hastily dispatched and you won't have to play on it again, even against tougher AI that'd force you to hear/play it longer.

haha, I get it now. And that makes complete sense. lol

DEATH™;41350034 said:
I got you there, I was like that before... until I played a good wang in a mall arcade...

It opened up a game where there's people around you with a sense of community and a "culture" of wanting to always improve. Where everyone around you is so good that you want to be at least on their level. Then as you learn the game, you learn the system, and actually get a thrilling win, all those things make the customization part measly. Seriously, it's a great joy.

Seriously, if you're gonna quit playing TTT2 just because of measly customization option, then you're like refusing a signature quality-made steak because there's no asparagus on the side.
I'm not trying to make you like a competitive player, but please try to enjoy the game.
I'm refusing a steak that had seasoning I dislike added.

The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35 years old. Forty-seven percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 ...

So your complaint isn't about the customization, it's moreso about the usage of customization in certain modes?
Of course. I wanted arcade mode to be that pure callback to oldschool Tekken. If you find that silly, so be it. But a video game that I purchase to play on my tv has to adhere to my tastes. I don't want shit stains on my tv, physical form or in the form textureless track suits and dangling dogs from a skirt on Ganny on a character "named" XxDoubleExX.

I'm not against customizations in general. I may have given points against them in the past, but I have fun with it in my free time. I just don't want to be bombarded by goofy ass AI customs in every mode I play, never getting to see the actual art and charm of the characters. I'd feel cheated and like I got the wrong game. There's an obvious quality drop from default to customs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Only played Gold unfortunately. :/ I started gaming with the N64/PS1/Dreamcast era.

But damn wow @ that theme.

All this stuff really makes me sad I'm not playing a modern-day Killer Instinct.

Ah damn. :( Glad to hear you were able to play Gold though, such a fun game.

About that modern-day KI we have Microsoft to "thank" apparently, going by recent news on GAF.

Dereck

Of course. I wanted arcade mode to be that pure callback to oldschool Tekken. If you find that silly, so be it. But a video game that I purchase to play on my tv has to adhere to my tastes. I don't want shit stains on my tv, physical form or in the form textureless track suits and dangling dogs from a skirt on Ganny on a character "named" XxDoubleExX.
I don't find that silly, the last games separated Ghost and Arcade mode, Arcade mode had default costumes, Ghost Battles didn't. Surprised to see that is no longer the case, (as we've recently found out).

I don't find that silly, the last games separated Ghost and Arcade mode, Arcade mode had default costumes, Ghost Battles didn't. Surprised to see that is no longer the case, (as we've recently found out).
Added more:

I'm not against customizations in general. I may have given points against them in the past, but I have fun with it in my free time. I just don't want to be bombarded by goofy ass AI customs in every mode I play, never getting to see the actual art and charm of the characters. I'd feel cheated and like I got the wrong game. There's an obvious quality drop from default to customs.

This game should have had every single costume that every character wore in every iteration of the series. I don't really see a reason why not. That means that every character would have around 8 different default costumes. If not that, they should have the retro costumes available in customization mode.

that would be amazing

Dereck

Added more:
Yeah, sounds reasonable.

that would be amazing
Law's Tekken 4 costume can be kinda remade in Tekken 6.

I would like all of this shit though:

209px-MLT2.jpg

342px-Cos-marshall.jpg

Sayah

Ah damn. :( Glad to hear you were able to play Gold though, such a fun game.

About that modern-day KI we have Microsoft to "thank" apparently, going by recent news on GAF.

The whole Rare deal pisses me off. So many good IP's not being put to use.
And I played KI Gold like crazy back then. That, WWF No Mercy and SSB were my main titles on N64. Then there was Tekken 3 on PS1 and DoA2 on Dreamcast.

The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35 years old. Forty-seven percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 ...

I am speechless......

DEATH™

I'm refusing a steak that had seasoning I dislike added.

Seriously, try it... you will like it. I didn't like sushi till I tried it. :D

Well, arcade mode do have default costumes in the first stages but after stage 4 it's going to be ghosts. It's always been like this, even at T5DR... Even T6 have customized AI on arcade mode... They are there usually because default AI doesn't always as competitive as you want to. Well, it's "arcade mode" so it should mimic the arcade setup...

I still don't completely understand moonsault's complaint, or at least see this as too miniscule in the grander scheme of things...

Dereck

DEATH™;41350593 said:
Well, arcade mode do have default costumes in the first stages but after stage 4 it's going to be ghosts. It's always been like this, even at T5DR... Even T6 have customized AI on arcade mode... They are there usually because default AI doesn't always as competitive as you want to. Well, it's "arcade mode" so it should mimic the arcade setup...

I still don't completely understand moonsault's complaint, or at least see this as too miniscule in the grander scheme of things...
I don't care about it all that much myself.

DEATH™;41350593 said:
Seriously, try it... you will like it. I didn't like sushi till I tried it. :D

For you it's minuscule. I don't expect everyone to agree with my sentiment. I wouldn't settle staring at a chick through shit-smeared glasses even if she was a fun ride. I'm waiting for new glasses.

Or better yet... she's a smoker. That one accessory throws the whole thing off for me. Just like bowls of rice as hats and tutus do for me when in a solo, AI fighting mode.

Go back in time , before you were a fan of your favorite story driven games, manga, anime, cartoons, and action flicks. Change the aesthetics. Give them cheapened outfits based on bad puns. Sure, some of you would say bring it, but deep down you know you're lying. It would never have caught your attention in a positive way before it became fun to be goofy to troll others' expectations.

AAK

Dereck

Why I became passionate about Tekken:

Watched these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBi7v5Cf_s8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2894uGeD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHFSZbMYl8U

I just told myself that I one day want to play like that and have such exhilarating matches. I think if they looked goofy I wouldn't have minded as much, the only thing that probably would have made me disinterested was if their fighting styles were stupid and just troll styles (like Eileen from VF).
Thanks boss.

DEATH™

Go back in time , before you were a fan of your favorite story driven games, manga, anime, cartoons, and action flicks. Change the aesthetics. Give them cheapened outfits based on bad puns. Sure, some of you would say bring it, but deep down you know you're lying. It would never have caught your attention in a positive way before it became fun to be goofy to troll others' expectations.

Sorry bro, if you're talking about RPG and other games, then yeah...

But on tekken, what I remember back then is myself trying to figure out how to break that 30-win streak while basically throwing my wallet at the token guy, at the same time crowds shouting when you have a pretty cool finish. All the wins and losses.

Why I became passionate about Tekken:

Watched these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBi7v5Cf_s8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2894uGeD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHFSZbMYl8U

I just told myself that I one day want to play like that and have such exhilarating matches. I think if they looked goofy I wouldn't have minded as much, the only thing that probably would have made me disinterested was if their fighting styles were stupid and just troll styles (like Eileen from VF).

Bravo sir... Bravo... you're officially a gladiator...

AAK

I should also mention that the music/backgrounds/character design all culminated and complimented the beautiful, controlled, and competitive display before to ignite my love for this series. So in the end, I will submit and acknowledge to Moonsault that the character design definitely had an impact on me. It's just that now I've invested so much into this series that I can't help but look beyond and scrutinize just the very core of what the game is. Hence that's why the retarded custom outfits don't hinder my enjoyment of the game.

I am officially pissed off. I just watched the quick look of arcade mode and noticed it's tainted with customized AI, including the bosses. Killed the game's single player charm and my hype. Fuck, I just want Tekken in my single player, not multi-color, non textured suits and afros FFS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB23THxUl7c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I don't know if it will change your mind, but Time Attack in Tekken 6 was the non-customized Arcade Mode. Time Attack has returned for TTT2, so that would probably suit you. I too share your distaste for shitty customs so I always played Time Attack in T6.

I don't know if it will change your mind, but Time Attack in Tekken 6 was the non-customized Arcade Mode. Time Attack has returned for TTT2, so that would probably suit you. I too share your distaste for shitty customs so I always played Time Attack in T6.

Survival had no customs either. Pretty sure Time attack and Survival will continue to just have default outfits. Survival's always been one of the best modes anyways. I'd keep my preorder and just play the shit out of survival if I were you Moonsault. If its anything like Tekken 6 then you should be able to unlock endings from playing any and all modes too.

Off topic but DOA5 is looking really good. It hasnt been on my radar since TTT2 is all I think about but just the visuals alone are making we want the game. The stages, Tina, Helena, and Leifang in particular are all freaking beautiful. MarkMan I know you had some time with DOA5, what are your thoughts about it?

Tizoc

Ugh I have an Amarox account and didn't even think to preorder TTT2 for 45.
Could someone link me to how I can get the game from Newegg at under $60 and have it shipped to my Amarox address, please?

To those of you without local competition: Imagine this game shipping without online play.

And those who wish to hone their combos in safe environments: No practice mode.

That's what I feel like.

Horseress

To those of you without local competition: Imagine this game shipping without online play.

And those who wish to hone their combos in safe environments: No practice mode.

That's what I feel like.

I understand your reasons man, I'm kinda mad too about that customized arcade mode, I like to see the character I'm fighting against, not some shitty random customization.
But...I love the combo system and the characters too much to not buy it

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They need to have a simple option in the menu that turns customizations off and doesn't load them when you play online or arcade. Such an easy fix. Please based markman, tell us it's so!

They need to have a simple option in the menu that turns customizations off and doesn't load them when you play online or arcade. Such an easy fix. Please based markman, tell us it's so!
That actually seems like a simple idea that should be implemented.

But if Time Attack is pure, I'll be set.

AAK

Ugh I have an Amarox account and didn't even think to preorder TTT2 for 45.
Could someone link me to how I can get the game from Newegg at under $60 and have it shipped to my Amarox address, please?

Not sure what Amarox is? Did you mean Aramex?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The whole Rare deal pisses me off. So many good IP's not being put to use.
And I played KI Gold like crazy back then. That, WWF No Mercy and SSB were my main titles on N64. Then there was Tekken 3 on PS1 and DoA2 on Dreamcast.

Seriously, the fact that they're blatantly ignoring IP's that old fans would love to see return just leaves me at a loss for words.

WWF No Mercy lol! Me and my bro would rent that game from Blockbuster all the time. Those were the days.

Sayah

Speaking of WWF No Mercy, this theme will definitely go on the TTT2 select screen.

Oh and look at what just popped on the feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3965ihlWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7odpCeL0m4s

Oh my. And I thought the reversal video of the Snoop Dogg music video was hilarious enough.

WTF was that?

Newsflash: Tekken is a work of fiction.
Newsflash 2: Demon's are a popular theme in fictional works.

Really started laughing when "rebellion" was scrutinized so thoroughly.

GrayFoxPL

I bought new hard drive for ps3 and external hd to backup data and ps3 doesn't see it. Yes it's in fat 32.

That's fucking great. Now I'm fucked.

Speaking of WWF No Mercy, this theme will definitely go on the TTT2 select screen.

Oh and look at what just popped on the feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3965ihlWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7odpCeL0m4s

Oh my. And I thought the reversal video of the Snoop Dogg music video was hilarious enough.
So I've learned in the last few weeks that Tekken, Gravity Falls and Adventure Time are meant to turn me into a devil worshipping free masonic illuminati member?

P.S. My father in law is the past master of his mason lodge and has told me a few times already that they accept all creeds as long as you aren't a devil worshipper.... bbbbbububut these youtube videos...

edit- posted comments lol.

AAK

This old video is one of the many reasons why I love TEKKEN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgHtXhCNg_4 - #TEKKEN5

That's such a legendary video... But this video is also up there among legendary Tekken 5 videos for me :D

I bought new hard drive for ps3 and external hd to backup data and ps3 doesn't see it. Yes it's in fat 32.

That's fucking great. Now I'm fucked.

What? Damn man that sucks. Maybe there's a Youtube video out there that might show another way of doing it?

GrayFoxPL

What? Damn man that sucks. Maybe there's a Youtube video out there that might show another way of doing it?

Yeah. No, no other way. That disc is fucked or something, acting very strange on pc.

I hate doing these things (like hard drive upgrade) because I always have bad luck with this shit. Sending back stuff is a problem as I gotta "use" my parents to do everything, "fighting" with the seller is pain in the ass.

Feeling depressed.

I already said I did. But it won't affect my purchase.
There's like this cornuccopia of ingredients needed for me to invest my money, time, energy and feelings into things. If one ingredient is out of line, it screws over the entire product for me. Call me anal I guess.

I honestly don't care, I think it's cool playing through and seeing different customizations.
That's what ghost battle was for =[. I like Tekken's art and if it's only on display in non-productive modes, that kind of sucks for people like me.

Edit: The game doesn't cater to me anyway. It's full of fan service but not for the type of fan I represent. 15 years I've followed the game but it has been artistically bankrupt for the last 7-8 since T5. Design and art have been recycled since then which makes the artbooks of the latter years hilarious. Poses have changed and DR added new color schemes... Whoa! I want my whining to stop too haha.

GrayFoxPL

There's like this cornuccopia of ingredients needed for me to invest my money, time, energy and feelings into things. If one ingredient is out of line, it screws over the entire product for me. Call me anal I guess.

You're not buying a fighting game to learn characters, combos, fight online or offline with people and cancel your preorder because cpu won't wear character's old cloths in arcade mode which becomes worthless after getting all endings). That was the whole reasoning behind getting the game - old cloths in arcade mode?

Why buy the game at all. Story? Namco gave up on a story after T4, now it's just parody.
Music is there, stages too. Moves, animation, character specific relations are there too. Fun - it's there.

Put it all to shit just because cpu doesn't wear his old rags? It's not being anal. Being anal is not caring about a one small detail and ignoring the whole rest. Being anal is obsessively caring about every detail.

Customisation is just for fun. Can it be ugly as fuck? Yeah. Fault of the playa. It's just done to fresh up old as fuck outfits everyone. I disagree that they lose their personality by wearing different clothes. That's just ridiculous. If all their personality is their old dirty t-shirt and jeans then they didn't have one to begin with. Characters changed default outfits even before customisation, why didn't that outrage everyone? Because the artist chose by himself how to dress the character instead of leaving it to the player like now?

It's wrong that they didn't put option to turn off customizations but crossing off the game because of something so petty? Hmmm.

Top Bottom