• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Dereck

I bought new hard drive for ps3 and external hd to backup data and ps3 doesn't see it. Yes it's in fat 32.

That's fucking great. Now I'm fucked.
Did you format the HDD using the PS3 first?

Format your new drive by selecting "System Settings" and then the "Format Utility."

Dereck

Dude do you think I don't know how to do this?

I already said the PS3 doesn't see the external hdd. It can't back up to a device it didn't detect, now can it?

--

FIX: You can format your HDD all day long to FAT32 but if the software you are using does not change the partition type ID then it will still be seen as NTFS. Use Partition Wizard, right click on your drive and go to modify, change the partition type ID to 0x0B FAT32 and it will work just fine.

I have not tested it yet, but I am almost sure you can keep NTFS as your file system and just change the partition ID to FAT32 so the PS3 will recognize it.

You can use the Disk Management utility in Windows to reformat the drive, but you'll need to create partitions on large external hard drives because Windows can do only FAT32 on drives 32GB or smaller. Compuapps Swissknife will allow you to format larger than a 32GB partition. Again, I am not sure if the PS3 recognizes partitions but I would think it would.

You're not buying a fighting game to learn characters, combos, fight online or offline with people and cancel your preorder because cpu won't wear character's old cloths in arcade mode which becomes worthless after getting all endings). That was the whole reasoning behind getting the game - old cloths in arcade mode?

Why buy the game at all. Story? Namco gave up on a story after T4, now it's just parody.
Music is there, stages too. Moves, animation, character specific relations are there too. Fun - it's there.

Put it all to shit just because cpu doesn't wear his old rags? It's not being anal. Being anal is not caring about a one small detail and ignoring the whole rest. Being anal is obsessively caring about every detail.

Customisation is just for fun. Can it be ugly as fuck? Yeah. Fault of the playa. It's just done to fresh up old as fuck outfits everyone. I disagree that they lose their personality by wearing different clothes. That's just ridiculous. If all their personality is their old dirty t-shirt and jeans then they didn't have one to begin with. Characters changed default outfits even before customisation, why didn't that outrage everyone? Because the artist chose by himself how to dress the character instead of leaving it to the player like now?

It's wrong that they didn't put option to turn off customizations but crossing off the game because of something so petty? Hmmm.
I've already addressed my displeasure in the lack of artistic advancement in character design. I prefer new, serious, default designs. But this is a Tekken all-stars game so character x not having new duds doesn't bother me this time.

However, yes, the look of AI characters does matter to me. I'm playing in my spare time enjoying everything about Tekken, not just landing a sweet combo. The sights need to match the sounds and energy of the game if I'm playing solo. Creativity and texture starved outfits do not justify the system specs and resolution of my tv.

I had a plan to have a get together on the weekend after release to have a tourney for non-Tekkeners and show off all it has to offer. Johnny notekken isn't going to care about the dynamics of the fighting system initially, hell, some won't even want to play based on past experience. But I'm sure seeing the characters as advertised would go a long way in helping them decide which fighters look like fun to use as I play through arcade mode than superheihachiman69's ghost Wang with a bib and yellow and red clown pants.

I would not have been a fan of the series or even give a shit about how fun it is if the game was white stick figures on a black background with bleeps for sound design. Default designs featuring orange and green ringmaster Jun aren't any better.

DEATH™

If that is true he would be a terrible person. :(

facepalm06.jpg

Kuma thinks otherwise...

If so, I'm a monster, I love customization and I'm pretty excited about that aspect of the game (I hate arcade mode getting random costumes, but customization in general is cool)

Also, how the hell you block this?! So cheap!
Dude, I've been biting my lip waiting for SC5 to drop in price soley because I want to make a shit ton of customized characters. People seem to have the wrong idea about me. I just want one pure Tekken mode that stays grounded.

The second this game becomes one big clusterfucked joke, I stop playing. As it is right now with no grounded mode, it almost seems like that time is now.

Horseress

Exhibit A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7tWS8sMvE&feature=relmfu
Edit: Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxLzrXurJI
Edit: A copy and paste comment from YouTube: "wtf is paul doing with a light on his head dat nigga is on bath salt" LOL!!!!

OMG! What's wrong with Ogre?!?!?! All this drama here about customization and then a wild elephant ogre appears!

EDIT: OMG AGAIN! I didn't notice at first, but he's not only an elephant, he's a elephant WITH A BEAR SHIELD! God, Harada, you are a crazy man

My final analogy and comment on the matter. It's like those morning DJs that play the gonzo sound effects and overdubbed fart tracks during interviews. Surely they may get great guests and make everyone laugh, but I'm not putting up with it.

If players come into my room with really bad customizations, I'm going to consider kicking them. The game backgrounds look great. I look forward to playing lots of local matches

Anyone know whats the best ps2 to ps3 controller converter? Since most tourneys require wired controller connections I figure its time to put all my old controllers to use.

Horseress

I don't see that as anything special.
As GrayFox said, stay on ground and don't tech roll and you'll avoid that scenario.

I'm pretty new to Tekken, I thought that was an unblockable or something lol
Btw, tech roll is when you get up right after being knocked down and roll to left or right?

Anyone here planning on getting the guide? It's written in part by Kor and Anakin and has frame data.

But usually guides are obsolete a few months into a games release.

AAK

Why couldn't we get this in Canada? I'm only a 10 hour drive from New York....

Gamestop Pre-order Trailer

Anyone know whats the best ps2 to ps3 controller converter? Since most tourneys require wired controller connections I figure its time to put all my old controllers to use.

MarkMan knows best. ;)

I'm pretty new to Tekken, I thought that was an unblockable or something lol
Btw, tech roll is when you get up right after being knocked down and roll to left or right?

It's all in the OP my friend.

AAK

Welcome :) And unfortunately since this thread is going to become obsolete after I make the new console thread (which is going to be very simple, don't expect much) I'm hopefully gonna shift everything on Aris's site Avoidingthepuddle.com. I'm just stumped with work right now so I haven't begun to organize it yet, but hopefully soon.

AAK

I feel like you guys deserve a chance to kick my ass. So when will you guys set up a room over the weekend? If I see AAK on, I'll ask for an invite.

Don't sell yourself short! Even though it was years ago, you had a really creative Yoshimitsu. Really fun matches we had :)

But man, it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to play anything this week :(

Wow preordering TTT2 nets you a fuckton of shit

preorder it at EB games.

We don't get the artworks, tokyo documentary, or the Ninanna poster unfortunately.

Don't sell yourself short! Even though it was years ago, you had a really creative Yoshimitsu. Really fun matches we had :)

But man, it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to play anything this week :(

We don't get the artworks, tokyo documentary, or the Ninanna poster unfortunately.
Thanks. My training partner is the AI. But lately it's been dressing all goofy so I'm not sure I want to keep in touch haha.

I do want to get some matches in. I never gave T6 a shot. Mostly because online play showed how terrible I actually am. With no desire to compete, I settle for SP. Though I'm feeling froggy.

Top Bottom