• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

I had a long discussion with a mod about the situation of the OT's. They're basically cracking down and frowning upon megathreads. They were against the idea of having this one thread be the hub of all future Tekken discussion. I was told to make a new one for TTT2 console.

I just thought, "sure I'll just use the current one as a template for the next one and build upon trying to go into more details hopefully."

So I go along thinking all is cool until the NeoGAF emperor himself posted this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468233

I.e. OP's like this one are no longer welcome on NeoGAF :(

So I unfortunately will have to say goodbye to all the GIF's and everything I've done so far for this thread. It'll just have to be small and concise... but I'll try my best to think of ways to make it worthy of the name of Tekken. (sigh)
Arrrh......what? Wow.

Well If the other folks in here aren't working for you then you can try mine. I'm in Vic, Australia if that helps.

PSN: FlyingWonkey

I'm up for double suicides and Miguel OHKOs.

Well anyways, If anyone has the time to translate this (or run through google translate hurr) it would be pretty good to know since apparently there's a hint that a character from previous Tekkens but wasn't playable might be a new character in Tag 2.

Link: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/23013190.html

Translating now.

Sayah

Google translate sucks.

spoke to Mr. Katsuhiro Harada of the development team "Tag Tournament 2 Tekken", to Mr. Yuichi Mori rice, from the secret story production "Tag Tournament 2 Tekken"
Has undergone an unprecedented transformation in a short period of time

Oh, certainly. Heihachi and Jin and, or tag of Nina and Anna, were it is.
Result continues to meet the demand has passed 12 years since then, even Harada, called "I want you to individualize the character" from the user, now I'll be completely different character Nina and Anna, for example. Although the left or bear and the panda, the relationship like Eddie and Christie, most of our character, such as those referred to as "compatible" so-called once, it can be moved as a character was completely independent, also significantly moves has been increased
Maybe this is referring to them not wanting clones?

- It is with much more character.
Harada increases. Character also increase, the other has been decided.

- Oh, have already been decided!
It is too late and not fixed Sheng rice (laughs).

- What is added to any character?
There is also a way of feeling I decided it was decided to make some better Harada, "No way is this guy and come out? You will not want" that referred to as "interesting gift from us", requests from fans all the way to now It continued to be, some characters say, "finally out."

- Basically, I've been character had appeared in the series of the past. Well, I Did.
It is interesting because there is Harada. Although some characters condition has appeared in the past, it was popular, there was surprise that ...... you have a style similar to someone, all is not applicable, or some character corresponding to almost all It is not.

- Well, please give a little hint (laughs).
Harada had in the past but, in the game is ...... or I was not playable. It is not that.

None of this makes sense. lol

He was also talking about his lack of support for paid DLC.

This is referring to the online.

- As for the play, "TAG2" is I can play with four people, then I use the two alone, I'll have various patterns ...... and it is also of two in two. Why they can play in the net against all of them?

Talk about combot. I guess this is sort of reconfirming lack of combot in ranked matches.
Harada I think so far, except in ranked matches, and try to play so that it could be used even at the net.
Google translating that link is a recipe for insanity.

Reading it is headache inducing.

Sayah

Probably should get someone who can read and understand Japanese to translate the important info. for us.

Speculation for non-playable characters from the past:
Dr. Abel
Jane
Heather Williams (apparently mother of Nina/Anna).
Kazumi

These seemed like possibilities. Not sure who else there could be.
I would put Richard Williams and Christie's grandfather but they are both supposed to be dead. Unless they make a return like Jun did.

Card Boy

Banned
ibzhZPlTo2WN0Z.png

So why does Heihachi Mishima look young in this Tekken? It's like his Tekken 1-2 model or something i think.

Or is there some story plot im not aware of?

Ya know, I don't know. The whole game is non-canon dream match nonsense, but who knows if that's his look in Tekken 7 in...five years or whatever. Dude was 76 in T6

Old Heihachi's VA passed away so for now they're going with younger Heihachi since Tag 2 is non canon. This gets surprisingly asked a lot now that I think of it. :/

If you want a 'story' reason for it, Harada joked about Heihachi finding the fountain of youth before.

AAK

http://k.min.us/ibzhZPlTo2WN0Z.png[IMG]

So why does Heihachi Mishima look young in this Tekken? It's like his Tekken 1-2 model or something i think.

Or is there some story plot im not aware of?[/QUOTE]

Original voice actor died/committed suicide. In an attempt to compensate for the new voice actor they hired to take over Heihachi, they made the patriarch of Tekken drink from "the fountain of youth" to reduce his age a number of double digits.

EDIT:
Beaten by probably 16 ms
Example of Djin's EWGF being 1 frame faster than AKing's Dark Upper!

EDIT2:
Wait nvm it's Kazuya's that's one frame faster :/

Card Boy

Banned
Old Heihachi's VA passed away so for now they're going with younger Heihachi since Tag 2 is non canon. This gets surprisingly asked a lot now that I think of it. :/

If you want a 'story' reason for it, Harada joked about Heihachi finding the fountain of youth before.

And the old geezer behind Heihachi is his father?

LowParry

AAK. Teach me some Armor King technology.

Also, Lars is flashy as fuck. I never how awesome this guy was until I started playing around with him the other day.

Also, Lars is flashy as fuck. I never how awesome this guy was until I started playing around with him the other day.

He just had to be so scrub friendly and out of nowhere Mishima. Well trying that JF of his in training got me nowhere but I found a 'gimmicky' way of moving with him.

f+3~d, f+3~d, f+3~d awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Pachimari

Lars is really that overplayed? Huh. I guess there was a reason that I never picked him up. :D
Yea I always read complains of too many people using him.

I don't like him either, besides the superhero kinda stuff he were like "oh? A Mishima out of left field!?"

Sayah

Devil Ganryû!

Not a past character, though. Only made an appearance in T6, lol. But it's still likely we can see devil ganryu since a lot of people were requesting him on twitter to be the final boss for TTT2.

Yea I always read complains of too many people using him.

I don't like him either, besides the superhero kinda stuff he were like "oh? A Mishima out of left field!?"

I tried using him but his commands feel awkwardly placed. Not for me.

CSX

Not a past character, though. Only made an appearance in T6, lol. But it's still likely we can see devil ganryu since a lot of people were requesting him on twitter to be the final boss for TTT2.

He kinda exists in Tag 2 though, You can buy the devil wings for him lol

BHK3

Banned

He just had to be so scrub friendly and out of nowhere Mishima.

Lars is the only character I can pick, mash buttons and perform long juggles with no knowledge at all. I find it funny how he sucked when he was a cameo in that naruto game yet he flips and performs jutsus here just fine :p

Tizoc

Devil Ganryû!

This
a thousand fucking times THIS. I would so main the fuck out of Dragunov+Devil Ganryu.

...but getting back to reality, what are Dragunov's customizations in TTT2 like? I didn't like the jester motif they gave him in 6. ...and who works well with Dragunov, or could benefit from Dragunov as a partner?

CSX

This
a thousand fucking times THIS. I would so main the fuck out of Dragunov+Devil Ganryu.

...but getting back to reality, what are Dragunov's customizations in TTT2 like? I didn't like the jester motif they gave him in 6. ...and who works well with Dragunov, or could benefit from Dragunov as a partner?

Judging from youtube vids, its either naked to boxers or look like a thug from Fist of the North Star lol

zlatko

Banned
Markman when is MadCatz coming out with the time machine peripherel so I can just skip to September to play this already?

AAK

AAK. Teach me some Armor King technology.

Ooh I'm going to have fun with this :D

Armor king technology? Such benign and effeminate terminology is never associated with a man a king's stature. You use terms like armor king's armory or arsenal!

Onto other things... how to play as Aking.. you play him by just being awesome! Look at what makes him so manly! He is a grappler! With a crouch dash god fist. While it isn't as deity like as his brother's from ttt, its awesome to torment those misguided fools who dared to whiff a move or even be at -14. And of coarse his means of capturing any fighter lacking vigilance and contorting their bodies before slamming them in the most visceral fashion is also legendary. His qcb+1+2 f5 into knee smash being my personal favorite. But use all of them... simply witnessing them makes your opponent's life expectancy drop a few minutes as you watch in amusement. And he can grab anyone anywhere... in the air, standing, crouching, lying down.

Also... as his name implies... aking is a monarch...and it is his birth right to have everyone kneel before him whether it's voluntary or involuntarily. Therefore namco gave him DB+1+2, d+2, and even u/f+1+2. Yes they may linear & not be the fastest but they do have their uses in the right scenario. D+2 is the most useful but u/f+1+2 does awesome damage and juggles them.

Another royal luxury of armor king is his freedom to travel. I.e. he has some globe trotting moves. 3+4 is a cartwheel that will infuriate the hell out of anyone. It's safe and the elbow followup is guaranteed after. Even if the elbow is blocked you can techroll your landing. Heck you can even just throw out the elbow with f,f+1+2. Another one is also mentioned above which is the u/f+1+2 hammer. Also safe and can be landed from an awesome range.

Also like other great monarchs and rulers... all other inferior beings within his presence must relinquish their funds in the form of taxes... which is unavoidable or maybe I should coin it unblockable ;) Armor King has a nice variety of unblockables. U/f+1+2,D and 1+4 are the ones I frequently use because they can't be ducked and they are fast enough to hit people while they are still in their hesitant phase. CD+3 is also useful at times when you are convinced your opponent blocks high.

And just to cement Armor King's superiority over everyone else is the unyielding force behind his strikes that even when defended against leave them in awe of what manliness was exhibited in front of them. Moves like WR+3, CD+1, 1+2,2, f,f+3, which just leave them reeling back in wonder at what kind of ten-tonne truck just impacted them. Just awesome tools that deal pressure.

But alas there are always strategic and underhanded tactics that need to be deployed from time to time to remain empowered and quell any potential uprising... tactics that are unseeable and quite low. D+4 is pretty awesome once you get the range optimized. F,f,n,2 is pretty deceptive which along with d/b+3 juggle on CH. D+3 is such a diabolical sick move hearing their brittle ankle shatter into their tendon... but the range sucks. D/b+4 works wonders for me since so few people expect a low dropkick.

Lastly, no one is fit to be king if they can't properly laugh at their adversary! Do his 1+2+3+4 ki charge where he raises his arms in the air with full unabashed hubris! Well it's best after a f+1+4 or a f+2,1 juggle ender so that when you're charged they'll be scared of your counter hit status and will try to block or hit you out of it. But you'd naturally be in a running stance at that point and set them up for a blocked wr+3 which deals chip damage or a ch chunky hit with it. Yes its risky but who dares wins.

And the amalgamation of what you get with all the above is worthy of a king....bearing Armor!

-----

Okay that was honestly just my own bias for the character involving my play style and how I get my enjoyment from playing him. I love looking like a freight train overwhelming my opponent with hailmarys yet having enough finesse to capture them into a stylish grapple. It definitely isn't the best tournament level method to utilize Aking... csx probably gave you the advice to win... while I'm in the fun club :p

Objectively speaking if I were to rank his top 10 moves it would be
1. D/f+1
2. D+4
3. B+1,2 (great punisher of anything -12)
4. 2,1
5. GS
6. U/f+4
7. iSW
8. Dark upper
9. D+2
10. D/b+2

As you can see, its dominated by pokes and quick grapples. That probably is the best way to play Aking.

But damn I love this character.

Sayah

Recent interview. Some useful hints for new characters towards the end of the video. Now it seems like there will be clones but they will be slightly altered. Not sure which direction this is going.

Expect another character that controls similar to Lili.

Sayah

Okay, Tekken team now needs to make Sebastian a playable character, lol. An old man using Lili's moveset is exactly the type of humor I expect from Tekken. Just make the attacks look less feminine and have him crack his joints as he's playing.

This bear was an absolute nightmare but it's done. MISHUN COMPREEETE.

kuma1l2ktm.jpg

--

Mediafire link to entire collection of Tekken NET's 2D Illustration draw is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmrbtypssm42nq3

Enjoy folks.

Special thanks also goes out to the following in helping assemble this; Kane, Stoic Steve, Aryafortis, MrDiddles and TekkenReplays. We da bess.

Westlo

I assume your from the Whirlpool forums? I reconize you name i think. Whats your PSN?

WestloAUS is my PSN nick but I rarely use my PS3 these days, I will probably get TTT2 for PS3 since that platform seems to have more Tekken fans in general.

GrayFoxPL

Recent interview. Some useful hints for new characters towards the end of the video. Now it seems like there will be clones but they will be slightly altered. Not sure which direction this is going.

Expect another character that controls similar to Lili.

I must admit I love clones, not model swaps like Miharu but like Lee in T1, T2.

I hope Violet is really in, not only as talking head in fight lab. T4 moveset and outfits, please Harada san.

CSX

What are yall's views on mirror matches? I tend to hear them as very boring. Are they a good way to learn that character? For example, i have the world's shittest AK. Will playing against AAK's AK be a benefit for me? Good way to steal some ideas ? :p

GrayFoxPL

What are yall's views on mirror matches? I tend to hear them as very boring. Are they a good way to learn that character? For example, i have the world's shittest AK. Will playing against AAK's AK be a benefit for me? Good way to steal some ideas ? :p

Of course. It's the best way to get your character know better. Even when opponent is worse if you observe well you can learn something new. I always go in my head in Lara's voice "Aha!"

Sayah

I must admit I love clones, not model swaps like Miharu but like Lee in T1, T2.

I hope Violet is really in, not only as talking head in fight lab. T4 moveset and outfits, please Harada san.

I started off with Tekken 3 sadly. :(
But I know what you mean. Their concept was to start off with clones and then individualize each character as the series progressed. Sort of see that with Nina/Anna and King/Armor King. Both Anna and AK have transformed so amazingly well.

The downside, though, is that some people will have two characters playing similarly all ready for use. Meanwhile, some of us will still have to learn two characters. Then again, the idea of playing with two Nina's seems kind of boring. I'd rather mix it up.

Mirror matches are a great way to learn in Tekken. Facing Nina's in ranked matches is basically how I made my own Nina better. Every different player may leave off a different strategy or combo for you to borrow/steal. :p

Aside from that, mirror matches are a lot more fun in Tekken. Mostly because there are different ways of playing the same character.

AAK

This bear was an absolute nightmare but it's done. MISHUN COMPREEETE.

http://www.abload.de/img/kuma1l2ktm.jpg[img]

--

[u]Mediafire link to entire collection of Tekken NET's 2D Illustration draw is here[/u]:

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?zmrbtypssm42nq3][b]http://www.mediafire.com/?zmrbtypssm42nq3[/b][/url]

Enjoy folks.

Special thanks also goes out to the following in helping assemble this; Kane, Stoic Steve, Aryafortis, MrDiddles and TekkenReplays. We da bess.[/QUOTE]

Awesome work my friend! Thanks for all the hard work you put in :)

Card Boy

Banned
Really pissed with Tekken 6 online at the moment. I just need 11 matches online for the Plat to get to 30 matches.

Past 3 days it's being like this

-Search session failed
-Unable to communicate with the Playstation Network
-Returning to Online main menu
-Returning to lobby menu

On top of being kicked out of every single room I get into.

I have never played a more fustrating game online on console. Its not as bad as MGO online but dam well close to it. It cant believe its such a struggle just to get 11 more matches done. I have spent hours trying to do it. At the moment I can't even play due to those search session failed messages.

MightyKAC

Really pissed with Tekken 6 online at the moment. I just need 11 matches online for the Plat to get to 30 matches.

Past 3 days it's being like this

-Search session failed
-Unable to communicate with the Playstation Network
-Returning to Online main menu
-Returning to lobby menu

On top of being kicked out of every single room I get into.

I have never played a more fustrating game online on console. Its not as bad as MGO online but dam well close to it. It cant believe its such a struggle just to get 11 more matches done. I have spent hours trying to do it. At the moment I can't even play due to those search session failed messages.

shoot me an invite and we'll see if we can hash this thing out bro.

Card Boy

Banned
A mighty thanks to MightKAC, I got the plat. So fustrating trying to do the online trophy when you live in a smaller country. Also sorry about my scrub skills lol.

Top Bottom