• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

GrayFoxPL

Tekken Boobs - As a male character you must stare at boobies as long as possible while avoiding bitchslaps. First person perspective mini game.

Btw. Would be cool if there was a possibility of fighting in a first person perspective but with visible arms and legs and camera spinning according to the eyes. Yoshi's b+11111111 lulz. Just for kicks I'd love it.

AAK

Tekken Bestial:
Everyone transforms into an animal catering to their personality and chaos ensues!

Tekken Babel:
A mode with interactive backround sounds and music that you compose music using the actual combat system in the game.

Tekken Betrayal:
Regular TTT2 with friendly fire where your partner can "betray" you and switch sides. LOL

Damn, I'm going insane how am I going to last these next 5 months!?

still considering doing some Tekken designs in my vector style... Might be biased and try my hand at a Dragunov one... might sell a brown shirt with his hawks on it as well since I love it so much.

Be sure to post them if it pulls through ;)

GrayFoxPL

Tekken Bestial:
Everyone transforms into an animal catering to their personality and chaos ensues!

Tekken Babel:
A mode with interactive backround sounds and music that you compose music using the actual combat system in the game.

Tekken Betrayal:
Regular TTT2 with friendly fire where your partner can "betray" you and switch sides. LOL

Damn, I'm going insane how am I going to last these next 5 months!?

Be sure to post them if it pulls through ;)

Tekken Bestial
Alisa transforms into energizer battery bunny and Llili into a skunk. But would Kuma transform into?

Tekken Babel: Dorya! Dorya! Kiiiero! Ha Ha Ha! Dorya! Dorya!

Tekken Boobs - As a male character you must stare at boobies as long as possible while avoiding bitchslaps. First person perspective mini game.

Btw. Would be cool if there was a possibility of fighting in a first person perspective but with visible arms and legs and camera spinning according to the eyes. Yoshi's b+11111111 lulz. Just for kicks I'd love it.

Bushido Blade 2 for PS1 had a first person mode. It was really disorienting.

Pachimari

Wow, I've never noticed that there's a chicken on top of a cat on top of a cow on top of a horse in the Historic Town Square stage. Amazing.

I'd be fine with Tekken Ball then. I found that to be far more entertaining than Tekken Bowl.
Just watched this 1 hour clip on my Apple TV. Good stuff! Which channel with high level play should I look for? Now I'm in the mood to just watch Tekken matches.

Woah what the hell, Lars has a just frame move? o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2TQiaEqeo

training mode awaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.

Just watched this 1 hour clip on my Apple TV. Good stuff! Which channel with high level play should I look for? Now I'm in the mood to just watch Tekken matches.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArcadeHeroes

&

http://www.youtube.com/user/IkhwanNakrull

Just added some new good vids. If your looking for more channels then you can always check here too. :)

Sayah

That was just from a youtube search I did. Sadly, I don't know any youtube channels with quality video gameplay.

Edit: FW has you covered. :D

Pachimari

Don't hold your breath for new info before E3. And it were basically already 99% that the boxart were real.

EDIT
Just got my replacement Christie Monteiro figure and ugh, she's more blonde than brunette now and her ponytail is loose on the brink of falling off. Do I really have to return another one. =/

Card Boy

Banned
Please tell me the Rage system is gone from TTT2, Im playing Tekken 6 and it's pissing me off.

Why does Mishima look younger in TTT2? I dont follow the Tekken backstories.

Doomshine

Please tell me the Rage system is gone from TTT2, Im playing Tekken 6 and it's pissing me off.
Nope, but it's different. It never bothered me that much since you can avoid it, but prepare to be pissed about the way rage functions for solo characters in Tag 2.

Voice actor died and Tag games aren't canon.

Sayah

Rage system is still there and it activates more often in TTT2. :p
The rage system in T6 isn't really that powerful, though. It takes maybe a few extra percent of health damage. Not like it's x-factor or something.

Don't hold your breath for new info before E3. And it were basically already 99% that the boxart were real.

Still, I presume little tidbits of information will appear.

Sayah

Nope, but it's different. It never bothered me that much since you can avoid it, but prepare to be pissed about the way rage functions for solo characters in Tag 2.

I'm gonna hope there's a way to avoid 1v2 matches online altogether. There probably will be.

Edit: damn, I keep doing double posts.

How would you guys feel if the next Tekken condensed the lineup? I'm talking about killing off/retiring Baek but giving Hwo some of his stuff, King and/or Marduk acquiring AK's moves, Nina and Anna influencing an apprentice, Eddy and Christie being pallette swaps again (because they are parents and can't both be in one place =]), Yoshi and Kuni moves being used by the next Yoshimitsu wielder from the Manji clan, Lee and Alisa (ALEESA in my mind) after Lee reprograms her, DJ being vanquished but Jin retains some moves (so does Kaz who still retains devil), Lars learning Mishima techniques from his pappy (replacing Hei) etc...

I have a pretty active imagination with specific ideas I'd like to see Tekken take. Condensing the lineup is a must but not sure how the community would take it. You still have the previous iterations if you dislike it. A carpenter doesn't have to fully get rid of his old tools just because a new, more modern one comes out...

AAK

There needs to be a roster of at least 25. I love the variety in the game. But I am completely open to another timeskip!

There needs to be a roster of at least 25. I love the variety in the game. But I am completely open to another timeskip!

Agreed. Tag 2 will always be available for that go to, dream team roster. But another advancement in plot with less emphasis on "more" and more emphasis on unique fighting styles is needed.

I would still love to somehow work with Namco on an idea I have which would actually retain the current roster and remain canonical.

GrayFoxPL

I have a pretty active imagination with specific ideas I'd like to see Tekken take. Condensing the lineup is a must but not sure how the community would take it. You still have the previous iterations if you dislike it. A carpenter doesn't have to fully get rid of his old tools just because a new, more modern one comes out...

Same how they took it when T3 came out. "Where are my T2 characters you assholes?"
"K' we'll bring them back in Tag".

And when T4 came out. "Where are my Tag characters you assholes?"

"K' we'll just bring back all of them and fuck up the story".

I'm still mad at their backpedaling and not having a firm stand.

I didn't have internet when Tekken 3 came out, but every damn gaming magazine in my country said the same thing: The story goes that Ogre killed off most of the old crew and acquired their abilities. Oh and here are fresh replacements for old characters.

But no, later they're saying "they were only missing" - suuuure, and Ogre knew those Beak, Lee, Kunimitsu, Wang moves because he had T2 arcade in his shrine and played day and night.

Embarrassing. They made brave decision with T3 but didn't have the balls to stick with it and ruined the natural flow of the story - so bad now the endings are just jackass throwaway material. At one point, fanservice was the only thing that mattered.

It's good to listen to fans, it's bad to do everything they want.

So yeah, T3 trimmed the roster and became revolution because the new system was deep, rich and fresh. T4 tried to take some risks but failed. Since then it's "play it safe".

Yup, I'd take T7 with 25 characters but with deep new revolutionary system, but in reality we'll get T6 with all Tag2 characters, some tiny changes and a bound-type novelty.

Pachimari

I love the all-star cast in Tag 2 and the more the better if they can keep the balance in tact.

That said, I would love a Tekken 7 with 25 characters, half of them being some we already know and the other half brand new like Tekken 3.

But I think we all have great ideas, even for a "reboot".

Sayah

I think the Tag 2 gameplay system is already pretty revolutionary at this point. Or maybe evolutionary is a better term. All the characters have so many different moves and animations and it would be kind of sad to see it all go to waste and not used again.

I am open to a 25-roster game if it ends up not being canonical/Tekken 7. I think GrayFox had earlier referred to a Tekken Zero. That would be a better way to create a new game with a different gameplay system. There's also going to be TKXSF which should satiate any desires for seeing a divergent Tekken game with half the roster being completely new.

Crazy, spur of the moment idea: What if the "new blood" characters had stance changes which allowed access to multiple movesets? Example: King the Third has a King stance by default but can enter Armor King stance giving him AK's moves.

That way, the character assets aren't wasted and it adds a sort of mid combo, style change mechanic that A) compliments Tekken's juggle system and B) leads to a numerous amount of custom combos similar to the way tag 2's assault combo thingy works and C) looks/feels badass.

Edit: to keep going. New Yoshi can swap his sword for a kunai for Kuni moves. Now I want this shit for real.

BHK3

Banned
I think 25 is a bit low. I think 30 would be better, at least for me.

Concerning TxSF. I see that having 50 characters. 25 T and 25 S.

Regarding the tag/assist feature in TTT2, are you controlling the second character when they come in or do they just do a stock 1,2 or whatever?

Sayah

Regarding the tag/assist feature in TTT2, are you controlling the second character when they come in or do they just do a stock 1,2 or whatever?

I believe it can work both ways. You can either preset certain attacks or do whatever you want yourself. I think pre-set attacks are there just for the beginners. Although, it'd be far better and more advantageous to not pre-set attacks since damage outputs can vary depending on walls and the angles of juggles.

Holding tag after a bound will set the incoming partner to a preset string of attacks (determined by ai?) for you. It's just a tool to help new players get into the tag assualt mechanics If they aren't up to speed in controlling 2 characters in juggles.

Pressing tag after a bound will temporarily switch controls to your partner for the juggle. Of course while this is going on your first character will automatically walk forward to re adjust it's position optimal for juggles when control goes back to him/her.

Try it out in Prologue If you get the chance, it's pretty fun.

Card Boy

Banned
I assume Tekken 6 talk is allowed in this thread.

I am 2 trophies away from the Plat. I need 30 matches online and 10 consecutive wins in Survival. Online one is hard for me as im from Australia and get instant kicked as soon as people see 1 or 2 bars. Any tips on the Survival one? I can get to match 8 by spamming Kazuyas spin move. I cant block for shit in Tekken games.

I am 2 trophies away from the Plat. I need 30 matches online and 10 consecutive wins in Survival. Online one is hard for me as im from Australia and get instant kicked as soon as people see 1 or 2 bars. Any tips on the Survival one? I can get to match 8 by spamming Kazuyas spin move. I cant block for shit in Tekken games.

If I have time later, perhaps I can send you an invite in a custom lobby to get those 30 matches. If it is unbearable, we can both go back and forth doing yoshi suicides to quickly end the matches.

Survival: Devil Jin d+1 (or f, f+2) then 3+4, 1+2. First hit knocks them back, then when you perform the air laser attack, they stay down waiting to be hit.

Or Paul with his qcf+2 spammage. Or d+1,2 / d+1, 4, 2 mixups. Throw in a b,b+1+2 when you're feeling brave.

Westlo

I am 2 trophies away from the Plat. I need 30 matches online and 10 consecutive wins in Survival. Online one is hard for me as im from Australia and get instant kicked as soon as people see 1 or 2 bars.

Yeah the online patch which changed it so you can see the bar connection prior to the match pretty much killed T6 Online for me as well. Played about 100 games pre patch and than after a couple of days of getting kicked just gave up.

That's why I'm hyped that TTT2 is based on the SCV netcode with dedicated servers.. Japanese were very playable for me so even if the Aus scene sucks like it has for every game bar SFIV (which is pretty dead too now) at least I can play someone.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah the online patch which changed it so you can see the bar connection prior to the match pretty much killed T6 Online for me as well. Played about 100 games pre patch and than after a couple of days of getting kicked just gave up.

That's why I'm hyped that TTT2 is based on the SCV netcode with dedicated servers.. Japanese were very playable for me so even if the Aus scene sucks like it has for every game bar SFIV (which is pretty dead too now) at least I can play someone.

I assume your from the Whirlpool forums? I reconize you name i think. Whats your PSN?

If I have time later, perhaps I can send you an invite in a custom lobby to get those 30 matches. If it is unbearable, we can both go back and forth doing yoshi suicides to quickly end the matches.

Survival: Devil Jin d+1 (or f, f+2) then 3+4, 1+2. First hit knocks them back, then when you perform the air laser attack, they stay down waiting to be hit.

Or Paul with his qcf+2 spammage. Or d+1,2 / d+1, 4, 2 mixups. Throw in a b,b+1+2 when you're feeling brave.

I will send you an invite, but it seems like your from the US and we might have disconnect problems.

Sayah

^
If you have problems connecting online with moonsault, I also don't mind helping you get the trophy. I'm from the U.S. as well but have a pretty good wired connection setup.

MightyKAC

If all else fails Gez you can add me at PSN: MightKAC

As an added bonus our connection might not be shit since I'm playing from Japan.

Question: When Tag 2 finally comes out, will this be moved to gaming general for awareness' sake before coming back or will there be a new, condensed thread for that? Just throwing it out there in case that wasn't thought about yet.

CSX

Question: When Tag 2 finally comes out, will this be moved to gaming general for awareness' sake before coming back or will there be a new, condensed thread for that? Just throwing it out there in case that wasn't thought about yet.

Probably a Tekken Tag 2 OT for gaming general...i hope :)

Well If the other folks in here aren't working for you then you can try mine. I'm in Vic, Australia if that helps.

PSN: FlyingWonkey

I'm up for double suicides and Miguel OHKOs.

Well anyways, If anyone has the time to translate this (or run through google translate hurr) it would be pretty good to know since apparently there's a hint that a character from previous Tekkens but wasn't playable might be a new character in Tag 2.

Link: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/23013190.html

AAK

I had a long discussion with a mod about the situation of the OT's. They're basically cracking down and frowning upon megathreads. They were against the idea of having this one thread be the hub of all future Tekken discussion. I was told to make a new one for TTT2 console.

I just thought, "sure I'll just use the current one as a template for the next one and build upon trying to go into more details hopefully."

So I go along thinking all is cool until the NeoGAF emperor himself posted this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468233

Evilore said:
On the Gaming Forum, Official Threads (designated with |OT|) serve specifically to contain the at-release and post-release discussion for a game, with the original post in the thread providing information about the game. The key word here is discussion, though. They are not intended to be marketing websites, hype-building or fellating as a result of the highs of the PR hype cycle, or all-encompassing megathreads for news.

When you create an official thread for a game, ideally after notifying the rest of the community here (especially for major releases so that you don't step on toes), you should follow these rules:

-Do not be affiliated in any way with the game in question, whether as a developer, publisher, or marketer.

-Do not exceed one post in length unless you have a very good reason to.

-Focus on presenting the facts in a clear and concise manner. You can be stylish, but avoid being bloated, in formatting or bandwidth usage.

-Avoid letting hype distort your perspective. Don't fellate the game in the thread title or otherwise, doubly so if its marketing budget is reminiscent of Apple's bank statement. It doesn't need it, and you'll come off as a viral.

-Don't post your official thread more than seven days prior to its game's release (excepting multiplayer-centric games with large-scale long-term open betas, like Dota 2, which are addressed individually). |OT|s are not for news, so they have no reason to exist while we're still in the news cycle.

I.e. OP's like this one are no longer welcome on NeoGAF :(

So I unfortunately will have to say goodbye to all the GIF's and everything I've done so far for this thread. It'll just have to be small and concise... but I'll try my best to think of ways to make it worthy of the name of Tekken. (sigh)

Top Bottom