• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Degen

So hyped for TTT2; I cannot even.

I'd like to get back into T6 just to get ready, but my local scene prefers 2D fighters and I remember the netcode being pretty rough at best. TTT2 gets Soulcalibur 5's netcode, right? It's the best I've ever seen in a 3D PS3 fighter by a long-shot, ignoring the random disconnects.

Sayah

Agreed, this is gonna be one of the *VERY* few games I drop 60 bucks for on day 1 with absolutely no problem.

Same. I wait for price drops for most games. Tekken Tag 2 is, no doubt, day 1 though.

So hyped for TTT2; I cannot even.

I'd like to get back into T6 just to get ready, but my local scene prefers 2D fighters and I remember the netcode being pretty rough at best. TTT2 gets Soulcalibur 5's netcode, right? It's the best I've ever seen in a 3D PS3 fighter by a long-shot, ignoring the random disconnects.

Yeah, it's supposed to be similar to or borrow from the SCV netcode.
Although, if you want to play T6 matches, I have a pretty good wired online connection setup now.

Degen

oh lawd, this could be bad lol. I will take it like a champ

edit: I got this. I GOT THIS

edit: I don't got this, no sir

edit: This Nina, this Nina right here

edit: I WON A MATCH *gloat* *brag* *woop* *swag*

edit: oh my god I'm free at this. Good connection though

edit: I BLOCKED THAT I SWURR

edit: a wild AAK appears

edit: watching this fight, I see I have a whole lot of work to do

edit: wakeup rolled through my running takedown? oh yeah... I guess this game does work like that

edit: AAK has that capoeira technology?

edit: yo aauuuuuuuh

MightyKAC

Sorry, I just read this and sent you the invite. Hopefully it's not too late

Thanks but it looks like I couldn't hold a connection. Japanese internet might be godlike but I guess it's still not good enough to play with someone half a world away.

AAK

Nooooooo @ Disconnects!!

Oh well, it was honor for KAC to finally grace my screen in some shape or form :)

EDIT: Canadian Internet is garbage by the way.

EDIT2: Ugghhh this is impossible!

Card Boy

Banned
Be honest KAC, how bad am i?

I only really know how to use Christie (aka Eddie) and Law. Due to playing them in the PS1 Tekkens.

AAK

lol looks like the only way I'm playing AAK is on TTT2U.

d0MkbvUONCBQR.png

MightyKAC

Be honest KAC, how bad am i?

I only really know how to use Christie (aka Eddie) and Law. Due to playing them in the PS1 Tekkens.

Well I'm pretty far from being an expert on this game but I will say this, if you think you're a scrub then try what you believe to be a more respectable style. And Christie is a legit character, just look at Markmans play. All you need to do is diversify your play and get a better understanding of the games mechanics.

A player is a scrub if he's only willing to do the bare minimum of what it takes to get a win. And that's not the impression I got when I played you.

Edit: ^^Badass gif is badass :D

Sayah

This is turning out to be quite the fun Tekken night.
King was robbed! Robbed!!

lol

I have never seen someone use Nina's purple Yoga Flame like that. That is crazy

It's a pretty risky move but once it works, it can lead to a good amount of damage, especially against walls.

Sayah

Yup. GGs. Sorry KAC, you had to be pushed back so many times due to those damn disconnects. :/
Still, the matches weren't as lag-infested as I thought they would be facing someone from Japan.
Degen is very good as well. :)
oh lawd, this could be bad lol. I will take it like a champ

edit: I got this. I GOT THIS

edit: I don't got this, no sir

edit: This Nina, this Nina right here

edit: I WON A MATCH *gloat* *brag* *woop* *swag*

edit: oh my god I'm free at this. Good connection though

edit: I BLOCKED THAT I SWURR

edit: a wild AAK appears

edit: watching this fight, I see I have a whole lot of work to do

edit: wakeup rolled through my running takedown? oh yeah... I guess this game does work like that

edit: AAK has that capoeira technology?

edit: yo aauuuuuuuh

^
I also liked reading this commentary.

Sayah

I <3 this series.

Tag 2 is going to be even more chaos. If the netcode is good in TTT2, we can team up and do ranked matches just like in SFXTK.

FW posted this on the last page but HYPE!!!!!
I wasn't expecting Tag 2 of all Tekken games to have the longest character endings.

I swore I would never play T6 online again but reading this last page is getting me kinda hyped. Must resist the temptation.
If both players have a solid connection, then games can go really well. Lag was barely noticeable in my matches with Degen. How is your internet connection?

Tag 2 is going to be even more chaos. If the netcode is good in TTT2, we can team up and do ranked matches just like in SFXTK.

FW posted this on the last page but HYPE!!!!!
I wasn't expecting Tag 2 of all Tekken games to have the longest character endings.

If both players have a solid connection, then games can go really well. Lag was barely noticeable in my matches with Degen. How is your internet connection?

Oops didnt even see those last posts on the last page, sorry about that, but yes hype!

I havent played T6 online since May/June 2010 and I've moved since then but my connection was very solid. Not sure how I would fair at my current place as I'm on wireless(umvc3 plays pretty well though.)

However even with a good connection most games were still ass. 3 bar matches were somewhat playable but I could never break throws, block lows on reaction, barely able to punish, and I had to mash out my juggles for them to ever have any hope of landing. 5 bars was somehow even worst than 3 bars. It was true underwater gameplay right from the start. 4 bar matches were the best and seemed very close to offline but unfortunately I rarely got 4 bar matches.

Sayah

Oops didnt even see those last posts on the last page, sorry about that, but yes hype!

I havent played T6 online since May/June 2010 and I've moved since then but my connection was very solid. Not sure how I would fair at my current place as I'm on wireless(umvc3 plays pretty well though.)

However even with a good connection most games were still ass. 3 bar matches were somewhat playable but I could never break throws, block lows on reaction, barely able to punish, and I had to mash out my juggles for them to ever have any hope of landing. 5 bars was somehow even worst than 3 bars. It was true underwater gameplay right from the start. 4 bar matches were the best and seemed very close to offline but unfortunately I rarely got 4 bar matches.

You can try playing games with me. :D
Not today, though, since I have to write a 20 page paper that I should have been writing yesterday night while I was playing Tekken. lol

AAK

Yeah, it's exam season for me as well... taking a break to surf on GAF but once they're done I'd love to get some games in. What's your region?

AAK

I meant as in if you're in Eastern Time Zone, Midwest, West Coast, South? I have very shitty internet, everyone who's played me so far can vouch for it, and I can only obtain playable games with people from the Eastern Time Zone.

AAK

2 Minute Real time endings? I would actually LOVE that. That would imply that your customizations would also transfer. That sounds too good to be true :(

Most likely CGI.

My rusty, scrubby ass wants to get in on this action. Pass the lube and let me in. Let me know if you guys coordinate a get together. Being a family man makes spontaneous battles hard.

AAK

Since you are the manliest of us all being a Heihachi with your own little Kazuya (making him stronger in your own loving way of coarse)how about you set up a time and date and we'll conform to it. :)

AAK

Yeah, we should do that again soon. I forgot how much I missed my Tekken roots after playing MVC3, SSF4, SC5, etc.

For sure! And while I respect your S+ Tier King Avatar... for fun I decided to try one. If you feel it even marginally eclipses your version, it's yours!

duyjcQ2AMTTpZ.png

And I will be honest, I'm not the happiest about how Moonsault's Yoshi Avatar turned out... so I tried again. Added a layer to make the outline a little more visible and changed the background. If Moonsault wishes... he can take this one as well :)

dbmSUjJrPkbQ6n.png

Also... no one ever claimed Asuka here:

dbfqq7ujw8XFKl.png

LowParry

Ahhh, I need to get in on these game sessions. Some time soon. Busy weekend though. But go ahead and add me!

PSN: Downplay

Top Bottom