• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Degen

Ohhhhhhh

that jump-over to moonsault (two minutes into part 4) was so sick

Technology ganked

edit: AUUUU he did the same thing with King's back-turned unblockable lariat yo AUUUUUUU

AAK

dR5HheQ1YmZ94.jpg

resurrecton(holeman-kaz/hei, knee-deviljin/bryan, hao-feng/jin) 2 Points
Gaxini(Gaxini-DRA/Law, Pungho-Lee/Kaz, Rude-Asuka/Jun) 2 Points
Perfect Man(dasalgi-steve/mig, only practice-lars/nina, navee-raven/feng) 0 Points
hello friends (redstar-lee/lars, park-kuma/panda, salt ganny-ganny/JC) 0 Points
dbiTr3PBXK7v6S.jpg
(updated below)
najin empire(misty-eddy/chri, hankuma-kuma/panda, saint-ganryu/bob) 4 Points
upset no.1 (peca-zaf/lili, aek-kaz/lars, hair desiner-raven/murduk) 2 Points
team kof (gura-lili/lars, help me-lee/bruce, moq(bob/a.king) 2 Points
chabet (chanel-yoshi/alisa/julia, bebe-asuka/lili, triple h-king/a.king) 0 Points

Judging by this table, it looks like they're going by a round robin format for each of these groups. And once everyone has played I predict the top 2 of each group will advance in a single elimination tournament format. It seems like team with the most creative team (team chabet) are already gone from the competition :(

Rooting for either team Gaxini or Perfect Man! Upset no. 1 seems like a cool team, but they're basically being carried by aek's Lars/Kaz play!

Sayah said:
https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN...75250406232064

Most probably we're going to get something that includes an Arcade stick maybe? And it'll probably be $160 and after taxes go to $180. :(

Or maybe it'll be something cooler?

Sayah

Most probably we're going to get something that includes an Arcade stick maybe? And it'll probably be $160 and after taxes go to $180. :(

Or maybe it'll be something cooler?

Didn't they do that before with Tekken 6 while Europe got the good stuff? I will be seriously upset if we don't get both the soundtrack and the artbook. And there's also no way I'm importing from Europe and waiting for the game to arrive in mail while everyone else is already playing it.

AAK

I'm pretty sure the artbook + soundtrack will be included. The T6 version had the artbook in both (No soundtrack release for that game):

Europe:

3946053395_950fe0d906_o.jpg

NA:

3947090590_9b7812601b_b.jpg

If the NA version will go for an arcade stick again I don't think I'll buy it... I have 3 roommates now and there's just no room in my apartment to store the thing LOL. Had to give the old wireless stick away because of that.

MightyKAC

Out of curiosity how much would it cost to travel from your location (if you're close to Tokyo) to Osaka and how long would that travel take?

A little under 3 hours and about 14000¥ if I took a bullet train.

:(

But I swear I'm hitting that shit up before I leave this island.

Sayah

I had this sudden urge to start playing Lee. Not sure why. Anyway, seems like I can't do the b+2 to mist step more than twice in a combo. It is beyond me how people are able to do it like 4-5 times consecutively. Although 1,2 to mist step is a lot easier to do repeatedly.

And I'm still messing up the damn butterfly loop. I can do it in practice and then I'll try it in a match and I'll just be lost.

AAK

Man, you guys have to see FW at his best:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4514741#post4514741

Originally posted by Baraka
Interesting...... So Fight Lab is in Brazil? Would explain the monkeys in there. The two shots of Brazil being one makes it kinda look bland now though. :p

--

Anyways had a good chuckle out of this over IRC so I'll drop it here.

Rumor mill time:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tlg/3013606420.html

los angeles craiglists > central LA > gigs > talent gigs

extras MUSIC VIDEO/COMMERCIAL -- SNOOP DOGG "TEKKEN TAG TEAM" Mon&Tue (LA)
Date: 2012-05-13 4:04PM PDT
Reply to wendyma77@yahoo.com

The scene follows Snoop Dogg entering a house party with his entourage. We need cool, hip people, 18 to late 20s of all gender types, who can have fun!!! We are going for a Project X meets Fight club feel so come wearing fun, casual clothes and get ready to party. Great opportunity for people who want to get their face out there while having a blast.

No pay, but meal and an awesome experience with Hip Hops Godfather.

It's NOT ok for you to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.
Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 3013606420

Then there's this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8osLGXa3go

And after all that, it's weird seeing that Harada follows Snoop Dogg on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/following

EDIT: Also it's worth noting that googling "wendyma77@yahoo.com tekken" comes up with a few interesting results such as "SNOOP DOGG "TEKKEN" comercial" and "Extras needed for SNOOP DOGG ADRIANNE CURRY commercial ..."

EDIT 2: I don't even know what to say here.....

lololol we're getting a Snoop Dogg commercial apparently. :lol:

This man must be a detective for his day job!

Sayah said:
And I'm still messing up the damn butterfly loop. I can do it in practice and then I'll try it in a match and I'll just be lost.

That's how it is for every juggle at first LOL.

Sayah

Man, you guys have to see FW at his best:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4514741#post4514741

A Snoop Dogg music video Tekken commercial? LMAO

That's how it is for every juggle at first LOL.

Yeah, but this is different. I've been trying to get this to work in matches for a while now but the timing is so damn strict and it's so easy to mess up with the d,d/f,f+1 and u/f+1 attacks. I'll be more relaxed in practice but the combo brings much extra pressure in actual matches because there's a higher chance of messing it up. I have never ever put so much time into learning one single combo. lol.

Calcaneus

I recently started playing Tekken 6 again, and man that game is good. Its making me remember how much I loved 3D fighters, and I'm seriously considering getting SCV or the new Virtua Fighter 5 release.

I wish there were more people online, but that's all.

Degen

I'm gonna run out of gauntlets to throw down.

Provided that my internet isn't acting up anymore, I'll play for a while.

Sayah

Wow, I thought my hosting might make it better but it only got worse. :/

Edit: Electric Fountain theme is sooooooooooooo good. That stage keeps getting picked.

AAK

Let's give this one more shot.

BTW, try using Jack's d/f,d/f+2+4 grab more degen. I know you love to grapple, and that one gets you a free juggle! Also he has the highest damaging grapple that can't be teched out of... d/b,f+1+2. The tombstone piledriver. Use them and love em ;)

AAK

My God... all those disconnects :( :(

This might be my pessimistic attire right now... but i just started thinking, what if Soul Calibur V's netcode is just T6's netcode but modified. It's just that the way Tekken was made and programmed iys' so unfriendly for netplay that this "Soul Calibur V netcode for TTT2" PR is basically the same T6 netcode but modified?

Dammit, whatever, just please have good netcode Namco, please!

Sayah

My God... all those disconnects :( :(

This might be my pessimistic attire right now... but i just started thinking, what if Soul Calibur V's netcode is just T6's netcode but modified. It's just that the way Tekken was made and programmed iys' so unfriendly for netplay that this "Soul Calibur V netcode for TTT2" PR is basically the same T6 netcode but modified?

Four characters on screen...........I don't know about that.
Although, my matches with Degen were running fine. Canada needs better internet. :p

We should start streaming some of these matches.

Paging Kadey.

(Wait does she even look at this thread?)
That would be nice.
If Kadey can't do it, then I can probably stream and/or record matches in SD resolution. Would have to set stuff up, though.

WHO TOLD YO- Oh... Thanks for the compliment.
XITYH.gif

I wish there were more people online, but that's all.

I just checked, and there still seems to be a few filled rooms up on T6 online. I don't know how it does it, or why people still put up with it but damn some of you guys in here are making me want to try it more. >.>

Reminds me of Harada going on about how they used newer data compression techniques or something to get SCV's netcode working well. Well I guess T6 netcode but more optimized and refined doesn't sound all too bad. Wonder why the amount of data sent over net play in Tekken is so huge apparently though, I imagined all you would be doing is sending inputs.

EDIT: Oh how could I forget:

Apparently this guy *might* get into TTT2 console.

tumblr_m4qzwachsm1qfk04k9e.png

AAK

Yeah, I too doubt that he'll be in as a character. That CG looks kinda different than the usual CG's released for other characters. Next reveal will have Violet, and not sure who else. The odds are highly in favor of Alex IMO. Other characters like Dr. B and Miharu aren't as demanded for and the remaining characters Tetsujin and Tiger definitely won't be in since we don't need a 3rd mimic or capoera character LOL. Although Forest might be a possibility... with the Tekken 5 stance for Law.

And I just noticed you got SSFIV as well Sayah! How are you finding it?

Sayah

And I just noticed you got SSFIV as well Sayah! How are you finding it?

I originally wasn't going to get it but I couldn't resist a cheap offer. :p
The visuals are amazing. I've only played the game maybe casually before (as in button mashing) at a friends house. Now that I'm trying to learn it, the gameplay seems pretty complex. I was used to doing combos in L M H format thanks to MvC3 and SFXTK but this is so different. I can also easily do supers/hypers in MvC3 and SFXTK but the double qcf/qcb movement is making it more difficult in this game.

Don't have a main character yet. I've always wanted to use Vega but I can't do charge attacks at all. Most people can do them easily but they don't fit my playstyle and irritate the hell out of me. lol

I only just got the game, though, so hopefully I can learn it. Although, if I was to do a comparison, I enjoyed my first two days with SFXTK a lot more than my first two days with AE. Tag system makes everything double the fun. (going off topic) That game could have been so much more if Capcom execs didn't add all of this DLC, gems and whatnot and the team did better quality checks on the online, character balance, etc. Resources were seriously wasted on creating gems and pandora. Game would have been perfectly fine if not better without either of these features.

(Back to topic)
Overall, AE seems pretty fun and complex but I'll probably be able to give a better opinion after I learn it a bit.

Edit: Some questions,
1. How long does it usually take to learn the system? I mean it probably differs for everyone but general average time would be good to know.
2. How is El Fuerte?

Edit 2: Nvm question 2. El Fuerte is on the bottom of the tier list in the image posted in the SSFIV thread. lol

Edit 3: I edit way too much and I talk/type way too much. >_>

AAK

I too prefer SFxT... more options the better :)

But yeah, I always sucked at this game. I still don't even really know how to play propit's more balanced than SFxT. I really enjoyed Juri in the game... brought out a lot of creativity especially with Feng Shui Engine and setups. A shame that she became so brainless in SFxT.

Yeah, I've been playing Prologue mostly these days till VF5. Dammit, Mishima's require some pretty crazy execution. I thought I was some hot stuff when I learned Heihachi's 3xEWGF into d+1.... but then something like Kazuya's EWGF,EWGF,u/f+3,DEWG,DEWGF or 1+2,DEWGF,followups... I suck.

But watching expert Mishima play is such a marvel. It's what keeps me going to practice them :)

Just watching basic things from that Kazuya play, getting 3 jabs after EWGF into a d/f+1,2... crouch dash canceling into iWR and throw mixups (wich I should use for Armor King)... even something arbitrary like getting a f+4 after a bound for mixups. I can't even do those basic things.... (sigh)

EDIT: Wow, I've never seen this video before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Fg_PcxTAReg&NR=1
I suppose that video definitely shows that Tekken values execution pretty deeply. I suppose it's the best but worst thing about the series as well. It's so good because the level of control you get over a character is unprecedented but the entry barrier becomes slightly astronomical simultaneously.

Regardless after 4:30 in that video, when the guy starts to light dash and then continuously do sidestep into wavedash consistently.... *mind explodes*

Sayah

Well, more options plus SFXTK has Tekken characters which makes it better for me. Not to offend any SF fans but I find most of the SF cast to be boring/bland (not in terms of personality but in terms of how they play). Tried really hard to pick up a SF character to match with Nina but no one worked out for me in the end. :/

Although, in AE, I've been using Sakura. After all my bashing of Ryu and Ken shoryukens, I actually find her to be entertaining to play with despite her similarities with them. She's got more and better options which leads me to do other moves rather than a shoryuken every 5 seconds. But again, I've only played this game a little. Still have to use all the non-SFXTK characters in this game. So far, have found Sakura, Guy and El Fuerte to be interesting.

And wow @ that video. Crazy movement.

http://www.tougeki.com/topics?id=129

●レイブンでのソロ使用時における特定技の組み合わせの禁止

レイブン(ソロ)使用時において特定の技の組み合わせにより、体力ゲージ等が通常と違う状況になります(体力ゲージが二本になります)。これはゲームの仕様としても意図していないものであり、今大会では禁止とさせて頂きます。

以上、よろしくお願い致します。

What the fuck? Raven can give himself two health bars in Solo mode? Cheater.
wuah2.gif

Top Bottom