• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Onemic

I originally wasn't going to get it but I couldn't resist a cheap offer. :p
The visuals are amazing. I've only played the game maybe casually before (as in button mashing) at a friends house. Now that I'm trying to learn it, the gameplay seems pretty complex. I was used to doing combos in L M H format thanks to MvC3 and SFXTK but this is so different. I can also easily do supers/hypers in MvC3 and SFXTK but the double qcf/qcb movement is making it more difficult in this game.

Don't have a main character yet. I've always wanted to use Vega but I can't do charge attacks at all. Most people can do them easily but they don't fit my playstyle and irritate the hell out of me. lol

I only just got the game, though, so hopefully I can learn it. Although, if I was to do a comparison, I enjoyed my first two days with SFXTK a lot more than my first two days with AE. Tag system makes everything double the fun. (going off topic) That game could have been so much more if Capcom execs didn't add all of this DLC, gems and whatnot and the team did better quality checks on the online, character balance, etc. Resources were seriously wasted on creating gems and pandora. Game would have been perfectly fine if not better without either of these features.

(Back to topic)
Overall, AE seems pretty fun and complex but I'll probably be able to give a better opinion after I learn it a bit.

Edit: Some questions,
1. How long does it usually take to learn the system? I mean it probably differs for everyone but general average time would be good to know.
2. How is El Fuerte?

Edit 2: Nvm question 2. El Fuerte is on the bottom of the tier list in the image posted in the SSFIV thread. lol

Edit 3: I edit way too much and I talk/type way too much. >_>

El Fuerte is D tier and one of the worst characters in the game.

For being brand new to SFIV you sure learn combos very quickly. You were able to bust out sakuras BnB EX combo multiple times easily. I still can't pull off any of Ryu's combo's in an actual match besides my punish HPxsrk and my os crMKxHaduken

AAK

Episode 4 is a go!

http://www.tougeki.com/topics?id=129

What the fuck? Raven can give himself two health bars in Solo mode? Cheater.
wuah2.gif

WHAT??? Need to see this in action.

Sayah

El Fuerte is D tier and one of the worst characters in the game.

For being brand new to SFIV you sure learn combos very quickly. You were able to bust out sakuras BnB EX combo multiple times easily. I still can't pull off any of Ryu's combo's in an actual match besides my punish HPxsrk and my os crMKxHaduken

I guess SFXTK helped with the combos. I usually mess up her Ultra because of the double QCF movement. Always end up doing the EX version of her shoryuken instead. But I'm getting better with that too.

AAK

http://www.tougeki.com/topics?id=129

What the fuck? Raven can give himself two health bars in Solo mode? Cheater.
wuah2.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/news/tekken-tag-tournament-2-tournament-takes-aussie-competitors-to-japan-6379007

Rules
- One game is first to three rounds (best of five)
- All characters are permitted
- You can not change characters on a game-by-game basis
- Both teams must state their first player before the match
- Before the match, players will compete in scissors-paper-rock, and the winning team gets to choose 1P or 2P or to choose the stage (after the first match, stage selection is always done by the losing team)
- Raven-specific skills in solo mode (such as gauge increase) are prohibited
- All other settings are factory default
- Each team of two can share only a single common character (Eddy/Christie and Kuma/Panda are considered different characters)
- Identical teams are not permitted, but duplication of up to one character will be accepted (Paul + Kazuya and Paul + Heihach" is permitted. Paul + Kazuya and Paul solo mode is also acceptable).

Hmmm... maybe this is something Lei/Yoshi where he can increase his lifebar?

And from our SSFIV matches, I can definitely safely say SFxT has a significantly better netcode. The lag was worse than I thought.

AAK

I'll let you know in 5 min when it finishes downloading :p

Episodes 1 and 2 were good 720x480 resoltion .mp4 format, but epsiode 3 was in pretty bad shape and was incomplete... also .flv file.

And I'd like to keep a record of all these matches in case copyright claims appear on the youtube vids :) good study material ;)

EDIT: Yup, it's the same quality as Ep 1 and 2! Thank GOD!

Sayah

And from our SSFIV matches, I can definitely safely say SFxT has a significantly better netcode. The lag was worse than I thought.

I don't know about that. There are no disconnects in SSFIV. Although, the constant freezing was still pretty bad.

Well, I've decided to learn SSFIV and/or VF5 until Tag 2 releases. I'm pretty much new to both series after not having played them for years. Let's see how far I can get in 3.5 months.

AAK

You guys are in for a display during the Perfect Man vs Resurrection sets. Wow.

Also found a link for the complete Episode 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsP0pDevHs

Audio is disabled, but if you have the Chrome extension: YousableTubeFix you can download the file with the audio ;)

That episode has the epic first match with the Kaz/Lars prodigy.

Sayah

You guys are in for a display during the Perfect Man vs Resurrection sets. Wow.

Also found a link for the complete Episode 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsP0pDevHs

Audio is disabled, but if you have the Chrome extension: YousableTubeFix you can download the file with the audio ;)

That episode has the epic first match with the Kaz/Lars prodigy.

Any link that has sound by any chance?

Thanks for the link and yeah I asked 2ch about it and they gave me this video:

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm17508359

It's just what the hell. A bug or something?

As long as that is fixed for the console release, it's all good.

AAK

Thanks for the link and yeah I asked 2ch about it and they gave me this video:

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm17508359

It's just what the hell. A bug or something?

Man... that would be pretty cool as an intentional move. I.e. have Raven come in as a fake life bar to trick the opponent.... as a ninja trick you know.... maybe...?

Any link that has sound by any chance?

I have the file with the sound on my hardrive, sorry, but uploading it on youtube always ends up being muted because of the copyright claims on the music within :(

Sayah

Sound works for me on the Tekken Busters videos, is it only blocked in USA/Canada?

I can't even access the video any longer.

"This video contains content from WMG and CJ E&M, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that."

I have the file with the sound on my hardrive, sorry, but uploading it on youtube always ends up being muted because of the copyright claims on the music within :(

Well, damn, I was hoping to watch this.

That was a really good episode, digging the customizations and loving Knee's Devil Jin/Bryan team he's using. That match against Navee effect was too good:

cd+3, 1+4, 1, d/f+1+2 B! (BRY) B+2,1,2 W! (DVJ) ewgf, bf+2,1,2 balcony break (BRY) qcb+4

Phew, is there an easier way to write that? :p Oh and they really gotta stop making the players get up and do that awkward dance bit, it's too cringe worthy to watch ahahahah.

--

Anyways found some neat things posted on 2ch and don't want it just sitting in there:

E3!
http://doope.jp/2012/0623057.html
img5232_02.jpg

And some pretty cool TTT1 play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilbo5PdJLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iH-GyM9zVQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK9v6FjKXiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_Pyit4Gas

AAK

From GT E3 ALL ACCESS LIVE SCHEDULE:

yeah..its pretty much true

... Excuse me while I go vent some frustration.

shoot.gif

That was a really good episode, digging the customizations and loving Knee's Devil Jin/Bryan team he's using. That match against Navee effect was too good:

cd+3, 1+4, 1, d/f+1+2 B! (BRY) B+2,1,2 W! (DVJ) ewgf, bf+2,1,2 balcony break (BRY) qcb+4

Phew, is there an easier way to write that? :p Oh and they really gotta stop making the players get up and do that awkward dance bit, it's too cringe worthy to watch ahahahah.

Beyond the navee match, the one with him vs only practice was mindblowing. Just look at the way he was wave dashing and then even lightdashing in the face of a player of Only Practice's caliber.... It was mesmerizing. I haven't been wowed like that since the MainStRyu2nd vs Tissuemon/Mishimastar exhibition way back in BR.

Man... that game was relentless. I so have the urge to play it some more with people :(

Sayah

Its all good guys. Snoop is just gonna bring in more noobs for us to destroy ;) Can't wait for E3 I'll be stalking twitter and all the gaming sites for news.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/207778707866255360

Oh man hopefully Oh Great! designs a Jun outfit if we do get new outfits for the console release. Would be nice if all the special outfits from T5 and on would make a comeback. Asuka, Law, and Lee had great outfits in T5

I remember Asuka's costume. Too good. Also need Yoshi's back.

... Excuse me while I go vent some frustration.

shoot.gif

FMA!!!!! Also too good, lol.

AAK

was Tekken 5: DR worth it to you? been thinking of picking it up..

It's a whole different beast from Tekken 6 that's for sure. It's still $20 with no trophies however. I get my money's worth since I have a few people I can play locally with who still enjoy playing it from time to time. I never bothered getting the online patch. There's still quite a few customizations to indulge in and some cool artworks to unlock. But overall being a huge Tekken fan there is tons of things for me to enjoy in that package which I enjoyed doing which is why it would be worth it for me. It's up to you man, but playing it won't help you that much for TTT2. Tekken 6 will do that for you.

LowParry

So with TTT2 being at E3 next week, we should see some live action playable new characters from the pros. You think we'll get another demo or are we just stuck with Hybrid?

Speaking of, I need the basics of those whole tag system and how it works. I think I got the jist of it but need a little more details.

Sayah

So with TTT2 being at E3 next week, we should see some live action playable new characters from the pros. You think we'll get another demo or are we just stuck with Hybrid?

Speaking of, I need the basics of those whole tag system and how it works. I think I got the jist of it but need a little more details.

It's pretty simple. R1 is the tag button. Tag+2 = team grab attack. Tag+1+2 = new bounding move that every character has. Everytime you bound an opponent, hit R1/tag button and your second character will come out. Once the second character finishes attacking, control shifts back to the first one to finish the combo. And just like in TTT1, certain launchers and attacks can lead to instant character switching. For example, with Xiaoyu, you can use her b/u+3+4 launcher and hit the Tag button right after that to bring the second character out. The second character can then bound and bring Xiaoyu back out. Once Xiaoyu finishes, the second character can then end the combo. And it's stuff like this that leads to crazy back-and-forth character switching.

LowParry

It's pretty simple. R1 is the tag button. Tag+2 = team grab attack. Tag+1+2 = new bounding move that every character has. Everytime you bound an opponent, hit R1/tag button and your second character will come out. Once the second character finishes attacking, control shifts back to the first one to finish the combo. And just like in TTT1, certain launchers and attacks can lead to instant character switching. For example, with Xiaoyu, you can use her d/b+3+4 launcher and hit the Tag button right after that to bring the second character out. The second character can then bound and bring Xiaoyu back out. Once Xiaoyu finishes, the second character can then end the combo. And it's stuff like this that leads to crazy back-and-forth character switching.

Ah. So the second character automatically does something for you but you still have control of your character. That makes a million times more sense now. Will have to play around with it later. Bleh, stupid costume designs in Hybrid. Why can't I just use Kaz's devil form instead his super duper devil form. It's so distracting.

Sayah

Ah. So the second character automatically does something for you but you still have control of your character. That makes a million times more sense now. Will have to play around with it later. Bleh, stupid costume designs in Hybrid. Why can't I just use Kaz's devil form instead his super duper devil form. It's so distracting.

Oh, nah. You still control the second character. Maybe I phrased that wrong, lol. Say you use Xiaoyu's f,f+1 to bound and hit the tag button. That brings Alisa out. Once Alisa's out, you hit d/b+2, 2. That does Alisa's move. After that, control shifts back to Xiaoyu. And you can hit f,f+2,1 with her to finish the combo.

Although, I believe in the actual game, you'll still be able to set up automatic attacks for the second character. And I edited my post. Xioayu doesn't have a d/b+3+4 launcher, lol. I meant b/u+3+4.

Edit: I'm horrible at explaining stuff. AAK or FW can probably do a better job at this.

LowParry

I hope there isn't too much differences with the demo compared to the final product with Ling. There some things about her that are different between 6 and TTT2 in terms of launchers and bounds. So it really just boils down to using bound moves into a tag to extend your combo.

Sayah

I hope there isn't too much differences with the demo compared to the final product with Ling. There some things about her that are different between 6 and TTT2 in terms of launchers and bounds. So it really just boils down to using bound moves into a tag to extend your combo.

Yeah, that is basically it. I don't know why I gave such a long summary. If you are using Devil Kazuya and Ling, then you can try out this sample combo I do with them both.

With Ling, use her u/b+3+4 launcher and hit the tag button. Bring DK out and do his usual 3,1,4 and follow that up with his bound (f+1+2). Hit the tag button as you bound to bring Ling back out. With Ling do her f,f+2,1. Once she's finished, control will shift back to DK and with him use his laser (u+1+2) to finish the combo. You may want to assign RP + LP to the L2 button and RK + LK to the R2 button from the controller settings. May make stuff easier to do. Although, you probably already know about that.

LowParry

I'm a stick player so no need to reassign :) I'll give those combos a try later on. So hyped for the game. September is so far away.

Sayah

Are you getting synching messages too while spectating? Matches seem to be running fine, though.

Edit: Julia players scare me. lol

Edit: Yes, let's explore the character select screen for awhile.

Edit 3: I got d/c'd. Damn.

You guys ready for dat Snoo... more character announcements? I'm hoping they will show off at least 2 new stages, some special costumes, and Dr.B. It's gonna be tough trying to sleep these next days just from pure excitement.

LowParry

So we're suppose to see some new characters? Honestly there's plenty already. lol - how about some new stages with that amazing music. Hell, bring back a T4 stage Namco!

Edit: T4 stage as in NOT the arena stage. Haha

Pachimari

I would love a 'ball' mode like Tekken Ball (volleyball) but stages from Tekken 4 would be awesome, just make them compatible with the TTT2 gameplay. Give me the mall, airport, beach etc.

Pachimari

There's a world premiere on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Spike TV right now.

Seems like their announcing a partnership with Snoop Dog as we all guessed.

LowParry

You can never go wrong with Snoop. And that all seemed like a GTTV promo. I'm sure we'll get a proper trailer later (with more Snoop).

Top Bottom